Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
he still. has. to. be. given. the. opportunity. to. make. the. save. you. dumbs.

why is this so har

JawKnee posted:

ps: I hate the ... (and the Oilers)
and there it is.

bias > the actual rules I guess okay :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kessler is such a dirty oval office.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Perry made skate-to-skate contact with Talbot and really that's all it takes to throw a goalie off, regardless of the screen in front

also "letter of the law" etc

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

are you making GBS threads me

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

shyduck posted:

Perry made skate-to-skate contact with Talbot and really that's all it takes to throw a goalie off, regardless of the screen in front

On the other hand goalies have every advantage as it is between coaches challenges, shot blocking, huge pads, and the trap, so they can suck it :colbert:

I'd prefer goals not get waved off unless it's completely clear that the goalie had no chance at all to make a save

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol oilers gonna oil

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So they have a goalie interference goal and an offside goal in the same game.

gently caress this stupid piece of poo poo league

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

vainman posted:

Yeah but the rule is zero contact not whether he could have or not in the shadow world where no one touched him

I suspect the refs think that Carlyle will just challenge right back if they overturn it, and in that case the rules change

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oh good, it also should be offside to boot but the Oilers can't challenge it.

gently caress the refs, stop giving this game to Anaheim.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Every game in this series has had like eight goals we don't have to start allowing g interference

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Lol run their goalie

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

On the other hand goalies have every advantage as it is between coaches challenges, shot blocking, huge pads, and the trap, so they can suck it :colbert:

I'd prefer goals not get waved off unless it's completely clear that the goalie had no chance at all to make a save

Shut the gently caress up :)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Stiev Awt posted:

I missed most of the Pens game so I have to get my poo poo posting in while I'm still awake

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

When coming up with a GDT title I originally had "Cheaters Galore". I really wish I had stuck with it because jesus gently caress.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I missed most of the Pens game so I have to get my poo poo posting in while I'm still awake

Stiev Awt posted:

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Don't fight just hate

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

he still. has. to. be. given. the. opportunity. to. make. the. save. you. dumbs.

why is this so har
and there it is.

bias > the actual rules I guess okay :shrug:

he had the opportunity to make the save. Moreover, let's have a look at a part of rule 69:

quote:

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgement of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

Ignore the bolding (mine) for a moment: I think the refs probably concluded that that contact was incidental, and the replay shows that it is initiated outside the crease. Now Corey Perry is a poo poo, but I doubt he meant to perfectly position his backswinging foot into Talbots.

e: forgot to address the bolding! A question about it, seems like the coach challenge overrides it? What's the point of that part of the rule now?

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 4, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JawKnee posted:

and the replay shows that it is initiated outside the crease.

Are you blind? The overhead clearly showed Talbot was inside his crease, and the only place Perry could've touched him was inside his crease.

I get that you hate the Oilers because you're a Canucks fan but c'mon now.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think the fact that Talbot barely budged is why it wasn't overturned/called off on the ice. If he had been thrown more off imbalance it wouldn't have counted. The NHL is all about result based refereeing.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

This is for sure the only 69 he remembers vividly

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Kilza posted:

Are you blind? The overhead clearly showed Talbot was inside his crease, and the only place Perry could've touched him was inside his crease.

I get that you hate the Oilers because you're a Canucks fan but c'mon now.

I'll have to watch it again, but the multiple times I saw it, his foot hit Talbots outside the crease (just)

vainman posted:

This is for sure the only 69 he remembers vividly

u mad?

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 4, 2017

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Lol

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

yeah, you mad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It is amazing though that a league that is starved for goals introduces something which is designed to get rid of them

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Yeah goalies should be banned

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

loving kill me now

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

vainman posted:

Yeah goalies should be banned

Get rid of goalies, refs, pucks. Just turn it into 10 guys on ice with sticks trying to concuss eachother.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ha ha ha!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The bald man is having a whale of a playoffs

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

getzlaf'd at for having no hair (but not for scoring goals)

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
lol nuge

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
gently caress the Anaheim Corey Perries.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Cool Talbot remembered he's cam Talbot

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

well it's any comfort oilers fans, whoever is coming out of this series is gonna lose to nashville anyway

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

yellowcar posted:

well it's any comfort oilers fans, whoever is coming out of this series is gonna lose to nashville anyway

How many refs do they have on their payroll?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

yellowcar posted:

Subban lifting the cup is gonna own

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I comfort myself by climbing power lines on Whyte and I hope you'll all join me

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

yellowcar posted:

I am comforted by this

It would be pretty funny to watch a Carlyle led team make it far again entirely independent of their coach

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Unfortunately that would be a good thing. We are not allowed good things in this timeline.

• Locked thread