Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I wonder if it would be possible to make a FIFA or NBA2k tier AFL game if they had the money and talent or if the game is just too chaotic to capture in videogame form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Diet Crack posted:

Remember when everyone had doubts about Adelaide being the #1 side in the comp?

Eh, if it's anything like normal Adelaide they'll get a pile of injuries around round 16 and get bounced out of the finals in the second week.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snoremac posted:

I wonder if it would be possible to make a FIFA or NBA2k tier AFL game if they had the money and talent or if the game is just too chaotic to capture in videogame form.

It would be seriously challenging even with proper resources, unfortunately we will never know if it's doable or not

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snoremac posted:

The CEO of EA, who used to run the sports division and turned it around is from Geelong. He got all the studios using the same engines and animation system so it would all work really well.

He's a Rugby fan though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fuckin' Geelong

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The Neil Craig years have taught me to believe that success is impossible. I have spent a large amount of time in the last month thinking about who I would be most okay with beating us in a preliminary final upset at home, which is our destiny.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also AFL evolution is out today. It looks like EB released it a day early for $100, but if you wait until tomorrow you can get it elsewhere for $80

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dahlhaus is likely to miss this weekend with a wrist injury; would rather lose him for this week and have him rest his injury then try and play through it and miss multiple weeks against someone like the Eagles or Cats.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

racing identity posted:

Also AFL evolution is out today. It looks like EB released it a day early for $100, but if you wait until tomorrow you can get it elsewhere for $80
I'm probably going to sit on it a while and see how the PC version shakes out, probably wait for a sale or something.

Also I have tipped Melbourne to beat Hawthorn. I feel dirty.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hawthorn's catastrophic change: Adding Rioli, Birchall and Whitecross to an extended bench

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

racing identity posted:

Hawthorn's catastrophic change: Adding Rioli, Birchall and Whitecross to an extended bench

He said if it continues there will have to be catastrophic change and he said that after the last game but good job failing at basic comprehension I guess. Would you like a job at the herald sun?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

realbez posted:

job at the herald sun?

Oxymoron spotted

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Any demons members ITT: the new balance site stuffed up when issuing the 50% off voucher code as part of the MFC deal and it works on sale items. Grab some new runners for cheap cheap

Franko
Apr 25, 2007

snoremac posted:

A good AFL game already exists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aussie_Rules_Footy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm probably going to sit on it a while and see how the PC version shakes out, probably wait for a sale or something.

Also I have tipped Melbourne to beat Hawthorn. I feel dirty.

I cant bring myself to tip us.

I'm resigned to buying afl evolution regardless of quality. Poor impulse control

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
ST KILDA should focus its energy on recruiting Dustin Martin at the end of the season as opposed to reigning Brownlow Medal winner Nat Fyfe, according to list expert Terry Wallace.

Bring back the dwarf burning days

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

ST KILDA should focus its energy on recruiting Dustin Martin at the end of the season as opposed to reigning Brownlow Medal winner Nat Fyfe, according to list expert Terry Wallace.

Jon Ralph thinks the Saints should go after Abblett.

I think they should go after Kelly or Lever as well as Fyfe.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

realbez posted:

He said if it continues there will have to be catastrophic change and he said that after the last game but good job failing at basic comprehension I guess. Would you like a job at the herald sun?

Yes

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

Jon Ralph thinks the Saints should go after Abblett.

I think they should go after Kelly or Lever as well as Fyfe.

I'd take Ablett over Fyfe any day. Good game readers more valuable overall than just athletic skill.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ewe2 posted:

I'd take Ablett over Fyfe any day. Good game readers more valuable overall than just athletic skill.

Ablett turns 33 in 9 days time. Fyfe Turns 26 in September. If the Saints were contending for a flag this year then there may be an argument for them to target Ablett, but in their current timeline there is no real reason imo.

Fyfe is much more than athletic skill imo. Rhys Stanley is 100% athletic ability without footy smarts.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Ablett turns 33 in 9 days time. Fyfe Turns 26 in September. If the Saints were contending for a flag this year then there may be an argument for them to target Ablett, but in their current timeline there is no real reason imo.

Fyfe is much more than athletic skill imo. Rhys Stanley is 100% athletic ability without footy smarts.

I agree, their ages make Fyfe the clear pick.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

snaeksikn posted:

One of my favourite things about the Dwarf burning was that Martin was actually present that night, but bailed out because it was getting out of hand.

Dustin Martin left your party because it was too rowdy. Think about that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

racing identity posted:

Hoping I can snag a copy in the US without having to wheel up a wagon full of us dollars to exchange.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

hiddenmovement posted:

moron spotted

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Day one review:

Graphics understandably dated compared to FIFA/NBA etc, but still good enough

Gameplay will be fun when I can work out marking contests - they're extremely hard to get the hang of and it's no fun to play when you lose 19/20 marking contests. When I've got the ball it's good, and surprisingly like real football - it's hard to get clean possession in congestion but when you get the ball in the clear it's simple enough to run through the lines with linking handballs.

Haven't been able to score a single point in normal mode, but finally won a game on easy after about 4 goes. Learning how to mark properly will make a difference.

One immersion ruining feature - Levi Casboult kicked 5 straight against me, all massive bombs from 55

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

ewe2 posted:

You'll get a better look at him this weekend, he's FAR more than a dumb athlete

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ewe2 posted:

:psyduck:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
North are doing a public vote for their 2018 clash guernsey and if it's not the V I'll fight someone.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-05-05/vote-2018-alternate-guernsey

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The V is coming last :(

Bottom one is winning by a fair margin and it's probably my least favourite.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

idk, I'm partial to the Ansett cup design

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

tnimark posted:

The V is coming last :(

Bottom one is winning by a fair margin and it's probably my least favourite.

AFL subreddit is trolling the vote.

I mean, they're all pretty bad designs.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Should have included the orange and white imo

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Wasn't North's original vee white on blue?

(That is, when they entered the VFL - apparently they wore navy in the Association)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Langford, one of only two players actually trying to win the football, gets dropped while Hartung gets to keep making GBS threads it up

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

Langford, one of only two players actually trying to win the football, gets dropped while Hartung gets to keep making GBS threads it up

That sounds like catastrophic change to me.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

That sounds like catastrophic change to me.

Catastrophic lack of change, actually. There are probably ten guys that should be dropped before Langford

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I'm going to regret going to the game tonight.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

realbez posted:

I will never understand why Billy Hartung gets a game.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

Catastrophic lack of change, actually. There are probably ten guys that should be dropped before Langford

Fair enough. Is it an issue caused by a lack of depth? After so many years up the top and having traded away a lot of 1st rounders over the journey are the players that would need to step up good enough/ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Could be. There are a few players that were handy off interchange or on the wing that are suddenly having to do more work and it's showing them up.

Having Birchill back will be good but I suspect we're still going to be playing dumb footy.

• Locked thread