Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Doltos posted:

And never will be done again to San Diego!

This is true regardless of where the team plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

i love poo poo like this

what do you even do as an opposing coach?

I'd say hold on for dear life but :lol: at the idea of even being able to hold him for more then a second.

I think "lose 138-0" is the only thing you can do here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

i love poo poo like this

what do you even do as an opposing coach?

Helix High in San Diego had Alex Smith and Reggie Bush at the same time.

That's not even fair man

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Helix High in San Diego had Alex Smith and Reggie Bush at the same time.

That's not even fair man

oh please

i went to a stoner ESL high school that could barely field a team

we went up against Chris Leak and Hakeem Nicks

they scored 35 points in the first quarter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez. Reminds me of Darren Sproles in high school, 79 touchdowns.

I once looked up Johnny Manziel's high school stats lol you have to check that out sometime he was a goddam superstar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if we're talking about physical highschool freaks, let's talk about julius peppers

quote:

As he got older, Julius matured into an amazing physical specimen. He stood 6-5 and weighed 225 pounds at the start his freshman year at Southern Nash Senior High School. Basketball, which Julius saw as his ticket to fame and fortune, remained his primary passion.

Southern Nash football coach Ray Davis had a different idea. After one look at the strapping teenager, he became intent on getting Julius in pads and a helmet for the Firebirds. The frosh, however, had never played football, and wasn’t all that enamored of the thought of banging bodies with the upper classmen. Davis convinced him otherwise by promising to make him a running back.

As Davis suspected, Julius was a terror on the gridiron. For his career, he rushed for 3,501 yards and 46 touchdowns. He made an even greater impact on defense. Davis installed him on the defensive line and let him loose on opposing quarterbacks and running backs. Though most teams ran their offense away from him, Julius still found ways to dominate games. In the final contest of his career, he tracked down a back for Northeast Guilford High School, stripped the ball and raced 90 yards for a touchdown.

Though Julius also starred as a triple jumper and sprinter in track, he still felt his future was brightest in hoops. A power forward with a nose for the ball and outstanding leaping ability, he earned All-State honors as a senior and was voted All-Conference four times. In four years with Southern Nash, he amassed more than 1,600 points, 800 rebounds and 200 assists. During the summer, Julius made his name in AAU competition, and once captured a national title on a squad that included future college teammates Brendan Haywood and Kris Lang.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

Cowher lost an AFCCG to the Chargers. A feat that's never been done before

I feel like Bill really didn't give a poo poo about offense at all until after that game, so in a weird way, thanks Chargers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

Jeez. Reminds me of Darren Sproles in high school, 79 touchdowns.

I once looked up Johnny Manziel's high school stats lol you have to check that out sometime he was a goddam superstar.

44TD 5INT his senior year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Worst coach to win a Super Bowl?

John Gruden?

Dungy.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Brian Billick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

44TD 5INT his senior year.

My good sir you are simply forgetting the additional 30 touchdowns (and 1,674 yards) he rushed for.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jamarcus Russell's high school highlights are hilarious

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

look up Jake Browning's senior year stats, and he's not even out of college yet

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Jamarcus Russell's high school highlights are hilarious

i have a buddy that played hs football in alabama at one of the power schools.

he had a free blitz as a safety against russell that wasn't picked up.

he told me russell looked at him and smiled.

the way he tells it, he came to on the field with the offense celebrating a touchdown. Russell had stiff armed him so hard he blacked out, right before stepping up and throwing a 50 yard TD pass.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Sean Considine, who was a pretty mediocre white safety in the NFL, played in my county at the lowest level division and actually destroyed everyone. I think he averaged 17 yards a carry or something silly. Anyone who can even sniff the NFL is unbelievably talented.

Hell, I played flag football (with full contact line play w/o pads which was stupid )against a guy who started at tackle for Arkansas and practice squad on the saints. Every time he touched me I fell down and my entire body had bruises a few hours later wherever he'd gotten a hand on me. And I played (poorly) in high school so it's not like I didn't know how to get hit

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 4, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The best player from my HS ever got a scholarship to be a kicker at UVA but got kicked off the team because he went on a Mormon mission to convert people in Mexico or something

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The best player ever from my high school is the center at mizzou

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Lmao @ the LDS church.

Hand Row posted:

Brian Billick

That SB win was unfacetiously more the work of Marvin Lewis than anything else. That Ravens' defense was loving ridiculous, the closest i've ever seen to something that stifling since was Denver in 2015.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The best player at my high school ended up going to Oregon and getting kicked off the team after the 4th time being caught with a poo poo ton of weed.

To be fair, this was 2005 or so. IT WAS A DIFFERENT TIME

e. I did grow up across town from where Jonathan Stewart went to HS though. God loving drat, other teenagers stood zero chance against that guy. Think he still has the WA state rushing record.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
JAKE LOCKER THE PRIDE OF FERNDALE MOTHERFUCKERS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Benne posted:

gently caress 'em, imo

My high school sucked at football, but Jay Cutler came from the rival county school, so there's that, at least.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Kalli posted:

At least it's "only" the 31st pick. But yeah, the 49ers are bad enough that taking high risk / high reward players isn't the best idea.

I think it would have been a huge mistake to take him at 3 if the concerns are this severe, but 31 is perfectly fine. He is a top 10 talent.

3 concussions for an ILB already is pretty scary though.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I went to Pittsburgh Central Catholic, whose most famous sports alumn is one Mr Dan Marino

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
JJ Watt wrecked my high school team on the regular.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

JJ Watt wrecked my high school team on the regular.

Josh Freeman is probably the best player my high school ever played against regularly. I believe him and Brian Manning (WR who got a cup of coffee with the Dolphins and Packers in the 90s) are the only NFL players our district ever produced.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 4, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I went to high school with Chris Paul. As roided as our football team was they were trash.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My graduating class was 80 people, and we'd played in a conference of similar sized high schools. When I was in elementary school, our running back was a guy who ended up a multiple all American NT/DT for Western Illinois and bounced around as a camp body for a couple years after that. We had a board in the gym that listed all the schools records in track and field, and basically any record that had anything to do with strength or speed, he owned it. He played both sides of the ball en route to multiple state championships basically just racking up hundreds of yards a game against teams that would struggle to have a player for every position. It was the best thing ever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the best player to come out of my high school got a scholarship to Rhode Island.

the private/prep schools get all the best players

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The best athlete my high school produced is a women's basketball player in europe. My brother was in the marching band when Ty Warren played at his school though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Josh Freeman is probably the best player my high school ever played against regularly. I believe him and Brian Manning (WR who got a cup of coffee with the Dolphins and Packers in the 90s) are the only NFL players our district ever produced.
Josh Freeman and Chase Coffman were a son of a bitch to face.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just once I want to hear one of these high schools turn out different.

"I played against AJ Hawk in a game my junior year. He gave up 4TDs and fumbled three times. I don't know why he was even on the field. "

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

so many dolphins fans are mad that we passed on Reuben Foster even though Raekwon McMillan's name is way awesomer

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raekwan will be a better pro

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The lead singer of my college band was the mascot at odessa-permian when Roy Williams played there.

A number of NFL players also came from tiny rear end perryton tx for some reason as well.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
My high school (years and years after I graduated) had Jarius Wright, Greg Childs and Chris Gragg. All at the same time. Holy poo poo.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

My high school produced future hall of famer and heartthrob Jimmy Garrappalo. I find that particularly amusing because our team was so bad the first game they won was the first game of my junior year. When they said they won their first game on the morning announcements, everyone assumed it was a joke.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I went to Marcus Mariotta's high school for a year. He might've been a few grades below me I'd have to check the yearbook.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
According to Wikipedia, Shar Pourdanesh was the only person from my high school to make it to the NFL and was the first Iranian-born player.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Ah nice! As a WWU grad I definitely know some Ferndale High folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Austin Collie was our Kicker, punter, KR, PR, WR and cornerback and was amazing at every one of those positions

• Locked thread