Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
My federation keeps making random horrendous empires into associates so I can't declare war on them. There's a slaving empire nearby, they got made into an associate even though every member hates them. There was no vote, it just happened.
What's going on there? I had to send them an insult because it wouldn't let me disassociate them even though everyone hated them loads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Federations sound so lovely, so glad I have literally never joined one.

Xae posted:

The AI is super, super easy to bait.

Leave some Troop transports in their territory sitting on the system's sun.
Have a fleet in the next system, ready to jump.

They'll dedicate everything they have to killing the transports. As soon as they enter the system start moving the transports to the area in the system your fleet will jump into.

poo poo, most of the time you don't even need to use transports, just use one corvette.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

MadJackal posted:

Auto Build, Stellar Expansion, and Multiple Crises are all updated to 1.5, but for some weird reason the launcher doesn't recognize the updates even though I've played with these mods multiple times after I've done the unsub-resub dance. It's just weird.

Might be a bit late for this but delete the mod from your cache in the Stellaris/mods folder in my documents. That can force it to redownload.

Taear posted:

My federation keeps making random horrendous empires into associates so I can't declare war on them. There's a slaving empire nearby, they got made into an associate even though every member hates them. There was no vote, it just happened.
What's going on there? I had to send them an insult because it wouldn't let me disassociate them even though everyone hated them loads.

There needs to be a way to influence opinions of other empires, and for them to do it to other empires and you too. Federations basically cement the game's diplomatic relations so that nothing ever interesting happens there.

It's also why getting Federations unlocked as a xenophile is utterly game breaking too. Since you can just buddy up to the galaxy with a bit of luck and the right member picks. Then no one screws with anyone and you're free to pick and choose who to take out.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 4, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Two questions:

A) Is there a mod that fixes Horizon Signal for 1.5? I'm told it's busted post-Utopia

B) In multiplayer, do both people have to have the mod or just the host

Kilravock
Jan 27, 2006

We are the hollow men

Yadoppsi posted:

Does anyone know how to make disloyal subjects loyal again. The favorable trade deal isn't cutting it. They were a quarter of my fleet power but now won't help in any wars. Relatively, how is relative power of subjects calculated?

If you are worried about this, then it just means you need to integrate a few vassals. They get a negative opinion modifier based on the relative strength of all your subjects combined to your strength. So if you have a lot of subjects who have caught up to you in tech, built up a strong fleet, have colonized every planet in within their boarders, or you have just subjected more empires, it will cause that modifier to get worse.

Integrating a few will make you stronger and the sum of your remaining subjects weaker so they will become loyal again. Building a larger navy helps some but not enough.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Captain Oblivious posted:

B) In multiplayer, do both people have to have the mod or just the host

You both need the same mods.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

a fallen empire declared war on a dude i had a defensive alliance with. the defendee is much closer to the FE, and the FE's only goal is to humiliate the defendee, so naturally they all teleported straight past them to destroy all my poo poo. :geno:

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 4, 2017

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I Said No posted:

The AI is kind of easy to juke sometimes.

My current game was kind of stagnated, with me and another empire both controlling about half of the galaxy each and a bunch of smaller independent states have defense pacts going on with the huge empire (who I don't want to fight yet) so I couldn't really expand more or get much more leverage. I take a look at the opinions between states, and find that my nearest neighbor who are protected by the large empire have middling to good relations with the empire, mostly trust on positives and not much negatives.

I took a world I had from integrating a vassal completely inside in the large empire's territory and gave it to the neighbor, who gladly accepted such a generous gift.
Border friction immediately shot up to -150 between the two and the empire cancelled their defense pact immediately. Cue me dropping on the neighbor like a ton of bricks to plunder a bunch of their planets. :getin:

That isn't juking, that's a smart way of playing politics.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

A) Is there a mod that fixes Horizon Signal for 1.5? I'm told it's busted post-Utopia

Someone posted this one earlier on. I've played a few games with it, don't seem to be any problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=903292662

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't get why we can't just have something like the ledger from EU4. It's always cool to find out that "equivalent" can mean "has a fleet twice the size of yours"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't get why we can't just have something like the ledger from EU4. It's always cool to find out that "equivalent" can mean "has a fleet twice the size of yours"

This is why next big patch/expansion needs to be about inter-empire relations: war, diplomacy, and espionage. I really want all of those to happen at the same time, even if it has to be spaced out across multiple updates.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Strudel Man posted:

Guess I've just been unlucky, then. Nothing looked obviously amiss in the files for it, but those can be a bit opaque.

How many level 4 anomalies did you find? Also I think it's unique for the galaxy, so AI might have sniped it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

Or that three "Pathetics" all have fleets totalling only 1k below me. When the last two pathetics had fleets 6k below me. Oh dear.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

New dev diary is out, and 1.6/Adams hitting next tuesday

My favourite line:

* Pops will now only voluntarily migrate away from planets that are heavily crowded

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

quote:

* Removed weapons from Mining and Research stations
This is great! :toot:

quote:

* Fixed a Horizon Signal-related technology not appearing
What was, will be.

Poil fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 4, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Really liking that clinics change, the food is never that useful.

I'm concerned about there being barely any votes for making federation stuff associate though. Surely that needs patching, aaah!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Too much stuff I like to quote, but:

quote:

* Ironman autosaving is now quarterly instead of monthly
Hooray!

quote:

* Symbol of Unity building and related technology have been removed from the game
Interesting. I liked the icon, hope it gets reused for something. Maybe an empire unique?

e:

quote:

* Artist Monument no longer affects happiness or unity as a modifier, but instead has its unity ouput increased from 3 to 10
* Dragon Monument building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Dragon Shrine building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Stellarite Trophy building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
Looks like there's a general push toward more empire unique unity buildings.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 12:49 on May 4, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Splicer posted:

Interesting. I liked the icon, hope it gets reused for something.

That and * Each tradition group adopted now adds +10% to tradition adoption cost seems to point to a hefty slowdown in unity/tradition. Makes sense, it was far too fast to get them.

Full patch notes:

quote:

##############################################################
####################### VERSION 1.6.0 ########################
##############################################################

###################
# Expansion Features
###################
* (UTOPIA) Added Devouring Swarm civic to the game for Hive Minds

###################
# Features
###################
* Reworked the empire diplomacy rooms into a set of 16 different rooms themed around AI personalities that can be freely chosen between when designing an empire
* Replaced Growth Time modifier effect with Growth Speed and rebalanced related values
* Added the ability to drain sector resource stockpiles, giving you 75% of their stockpiled resources at the cost of 100 influence. The cost is reduced to 25 influence during defensive wars
* It is now possible to terraform inhabited planets if you have researched the new Ecological Adaptation tech
* You can now set taxes for Energy Credits and Minerals on sectors separately
* Ironman autosaving is now quarterly instead of monthly

###################
# Balance
###################
* Humans are now Adaptive, Nomadic and Wasteful instead of Quick Learners and Nomadic
* The cost of species modification projects is now based on the difference between the traits at the start of end of modification, rather than on the sum of the trait cost
* The Prethoryn Scourge crisis will now show up more often and the Unbidden less often
* More than doubled the base strength of the Prethoryn Scourge invasion fleets
* Doubled the base strength of the Extradimensional fleets, and their initial fleet has been more than quadrupled
* The power of crisis fleets now scales to the size of the galaxy
* The power of Fallen/Awakened empire fleets now scales somewhat to the size of the galaxy
* Certain common anomalies will no longer spawn repeatedly
* It is no longer possible to technologically enlighten Fanatic Xenophobe primitives
* Choosing the religious awakening end of the Old Gods event chain now just shifts your empire's ethics towards spiritualist rather than completely replacing them
* Increased warp wind-down time
* Charismatic and Repugnant now only impact opinion of other empires (+25/-25 respectively) rather than affecting happiness
* Pops that are freed from slavery in a Caste System will now have some lingering unhappiness about being made slaves in the first place
* Delicious Titans now gives +50% food (down from +100%)
* Hive Minds can now choose to eat titanic life
* World Shaper ascension perk now also unlocks the Atmospheric Manipulation technology
* Master Builders ascension perk now increases megastructure build speed by +100%, but no longer provides a cost reduction
* Terraforming-related technologies are now less rare, and even more likely to appear if you have the World Shaper ascension perk
* Planetary Survey Corps now gives 1/10th of monthly research (min of 3) instead of 1/3rd
* Reduced likelihood of enclaves and space monsters spawning within player borders at game start
* Tuned Xeno Outreach agenda weights
* All consumer goods are now paid for on the empire level, to make it more clear to the player what costs are incurred by living standards
* 'Megastructure Demands Rejected' modifier set to 7200 days
* Withdrawal effects of Chemical Bliss are now less severe and do not last as long
* Extradimensionals now turn planets barren after destroying colonies
* Sensor techs now increase planet sensor range instead of survey speed
* Automated Survey Protocols now provides +50% ship survey speed (up from +15%)
* Reduced distance at which Xenophobe Fallen Empires are angered by Frontier Outposts
* Corporate Dominion civic no longer requires you to be Egalitarian
* Leviathans will no longer occasionally spawn right next to empire starting systems
* Spiritualist Fallen Empires are no longer upset by colonizing tomb worlds, as this caused issues with various event chains and was inconsistent when they would not be upset over terraforming them
* Upgrading transport ships is now instant and has no cost
* Ships caught in FTL magnets no longer warp in right on top of a station, but rather near it
* Boosted the damage output, shield hit points and hull points of military stations and frontier outposts substantially
* Increased the distance at which military stations have to be built from each other
* Boosted the output of Science Nexus to +30/+60/+90
* Habitat Solar Processors can no longer be built in a system with a at least half-completed Dyson Sphere
* It is now possible for Fanatic Xenophobe Spiritualists to be Fanatic Purifiers
* Strength of Legions Civic now also adds -20% army upkeep
* Faction Issues have been remixed, with multiple new and re-tuned demands
* Increased the effect of promoting an ethic to +100% attraction
* Fallen Empires now spawn slightly further apart from other empires
* Removed influence cost from Fleet Academy spaceport module
* Guardians of Zanaam are now a bit more difficult to defeat
* There is now a 30-day cooldown on insults, to prevent spamming of them in multiplayer
* Homeworld habitability is now a +30% bonus instead of always being 100%
* Colonial Centralization is now a tier 2 tech
* No longer possible to trade away systems while at war
* Galactic Administration and a number of technologies depending on it are now tier 3 techs
* Pre-FTL civilizations can no longer achieve FTL in the first 25 years of the game
* Share the Burden edict is no longer possible for synthetic empires
* Removed weapons from Mining and Research stations
* Adopting domination now gives +20 to acceptance on diplomatic subjugation actions
* Properly completing the Enigmatic Fortress event chain now yields a random Enigmatic technology rather than all of them
* Hive Minds now get a +25% Pop Growth Speed
* Hive Minds now get +10% habitability
* Each tradition group adopted now adds +10% to tradition adoption cost
* Terraforming technology is now more common
* Pops will now only voluntarily migrate away from planets that are heavily crowded
* Fanatic Purifiers civic now increases Xenophobe attraction
* Mechanist civic now increases materialist attraction

# Buildings
* Symbol of Unity building and related technology have been removed from the game
* Artist Monument no longer affects happiness or unity as a modifier, but instead has its unity ouput increased from 3 to 10
* Champion of the People trait effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Inward Perfection civic effect on citizen happiness removed
* Peace Festivals edict effect on happiness replaced with +30% food
* Paradise Dome building effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Dragon Monument building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Dragon Shrine building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Stellarite Trophy building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Cultural Center habitat building effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Cultural Center habitat building unity output increased from 3 to 4
* Loop Institute building effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Loop Institute building society output increased from 4 to 8
* Omega Alignment building physics output increased from 8 to 10
* Clinics now produce society research instead of food
* Habitats are now a little better at mineral production, and a little worse at energy and science production (though still much better at the latter than the former)

###################
# AI
###################
* AI now better understands how to develop planets with only slaves and non-sentient robots
* Improved AI logic for calculating when it can win a ground invasion
* AI now devotes more resources to building up a force of assault armies before declaring war
* Fixed AI calculating adjacency bonuses wrong
* Auto explore no longer explores war territory
* Created define for army military power mult when calculating if AI should land armies
* Fixed bug causing fleet order within borders to be canceled when target fleet was moving between systems
* AI no longer installs two required components of the same type on a ship
* Tweaked calculation of AI fleet size to avoid fleets being split up right after the country fleet size is above the define value
* Civilians and transports emergency-FTL as soon as they are in combat and their health is below 100%
* Fixed bug where AI was trying to move a leader that was already on its way to a location
* Fixed bug where AI cancelled fleet order to attack hostiles within borders
* Fixed a bug where the sector AI was checking against the owner country's minerals instead of its own when deciding whether to build a spaceport

# Sectors
* Sectors will now properly stop colonizing when you turn off the colonize setting
* Sectors will no longer settle planets that would anger a Fallen Empire that is superior to their own empire
* Sector AI should no longer build over Alien Pets and Betharian Stone with buildings that can't make use of them
* Fixed an issue where sector AI would construct buildings on tiles worked by Livestock
* Sector AI now prioritizes building robot Pops on planets with unworked buildings
* Sector AI now prioritizes building robot Pops on planets that have biological pops that cannot reproduce
* Sector no longer gets stuck trying to colonize planet in hostile system

###################
# Interface
###################
* Clarified restrictions in a megastructure tooltip
* Outliner now sorts civilian ships according to ship class
* Empire creation screen is now closed when pressing back on the server lost dialog
* Added missing explanations why certain special projects could not be researched in the fleet order tooltips
* The confirmation dialog for removing hotkeys now correctly says "Remove" instead of "No"
* Food tooltip now shows the effects of food surplus on Pop growth
* Fixed an improper "We cannot afford this" tooltip in Artisan Troupe interaction
* Fixed alignment in terraforming window
* Subjects of members of the same Federation as the player now display as allied in the galaxy map
* Frontier stations now display influence maintenance cost in their upkeep tooltip
* Added an explanation for why you can't build orbital stations around planets and stars with anomalies
* Should now be more clear which is the player's empire in contact view
* Can now see who is rivaling an empire in diplomacy view
* Primitives now have different flag tiers depending on which age they are in
* Anomaly interface now displays the name of the system along with the name of the planet
* Planet view now shows number and max number of garrisoned armies
* Planets that are terraforming candidates now show their name plate in system view to differentiate them from uninteresting planets
* Faction type tooltips now show the faction's corresponding ethos
* Peace notifications for wars you're not involved in will now show what war demands were enforced
* Expansion Planner colonization view will now only list planets with Pops that are able to colonize the target planet
* Added a 'track all' button for special projects with multiple sub-goals
* Terra Incognita is now consistently applied in all mapmodes
* Added a mapmode toggle to show and hide hyperlanes
* Tooltip for private colony ship was showing minerals instead of energy
* Added an alert for having inactive civics
* Added an alert for having unspent Civic points
* Fixed 4-digit fleet capacity causing line break in top bar
* Fleet disband confirmation dialog now uses correct text for stations
* White Peace offers are now clearly labeled as such
* Added the option to send 1000 resources at a time during a trade deal by CTRL-SHIFT clicking
* Added the option to send 1000 resources to a sector by CTRL-clicking
* The Displacement icon will now always show up when a Pop is being forced away from a planet for any reason
* The tooltip for Protectorates in diplomatic view now tells you what their relative tech level to their Overlord is
* Fixed an animation bug Fleet view causing it to slide in and out from the screen
* Added information about how long truces between other empires will last in diplomacy view
* Added a map mode that displays which empires are considered neighbors
* Ships and stations that cannot do damage will no longer have displayed military power in system view
* Aligned requesting hotjoin text
* The slavery/purge sounds now play when appropriate species rights are set

###################
# User modding
###################
* Added has_valid_civic trigger
* Added country_robot_build_speed_mult modifier
* Added on_army_recruited on action
* The change_species effect now works on colony ships
* The is_same_species triggers now work on colony ships
* The "species" scope switch not works on colony ships
* Added game rule should_kill_growing_pop
* special project leader skill requirement is the minimum level required (skill = 3 instead of skill > 2)
* add init_effect to spawn_megastructure effect
* set_graphical_culture works on megastructures
* megastructure's on_build_start: add megastructure instance as fromfrom
* Removed unused effects load_parameters and remove_sector
* on_modification_complete is executed after changing the species of all affected pops and after updating the empire's founder species (if applicable). Fix FROM (species) scope of that event not working
* Which resources the AI prioritizes when placing capitals is now moddable

###################
# Performance
###################
* Cleaned up frame meshes so they do not get pushed to the gfx card at all
* Multithreaded ship component targeting

###################
# Graphics
###################
* Ringworld planets now have unique sky backgrounds
* Fixed missing effect when missiles missed their target
* Added a missing modifier and a missing tech icon
* Added two new planet modifiers
* Added new event images for utopia
* Adjusted som ship sizes icons
* Added several new modifier icons

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
* Fixed the Enigmatic Fortress event chain sometimes not restarting properly after failing it once
* The opinion modifiers of Charismatic and Repugnant species traits are now displayed in the empire editor
* You are no longer blocked from disbanding fleets controlled by sectors
* Conquered pops now get their species rights created and setup correctly if they where not existing before
* Fixed a bug where psionic awakening of non-primary species in an empire would cause the empire's primary species to change
* Only remove fleets and armies of a country when losing it's last planet if country type needs colonies, Swarm remains even though planets are lost
* Fixed out-of-sync where spaceport modifiers were not properly recalculated after hotjoin
* Fixed out-of-sync where fleets could end up with different fleet stances after hotjoin
* Fixed out-of-sync where empires could end up with different war allies
* Fixed out-of-sync where cached ship design values were not recalculated after hotjoin
* Fixed trading Star Charts sometimes not giving Communications with uncovered Primitives
* Xenophobe factions (Isolationist and Supremacist) are now Suppressed and Promoted together
* Synthetic Evolution will now also convert any owned robots, droids or synths to your new species
* Terraforming is now interrupted when a planet has its planet class changed
* Fixed a bug where sometimes the Scourge would not properly purge pops while infesting worlds
* Fixed a bug where the buildings of Awakened Empires would be destroyed at the end of the War in Heaven
* Fixed Fanatic Purifier empires occasionally not displaying the correct contact dialogue
* Primitives on Ring Worlds will no longer nuke themselves planet-shaped
* The technology Enigmatic Disruption Field is no longer available to players
* A tooltip warning is now shown when trying to build colony ships for unreachable planets in the expansion planner
* Fixed indoctrinate natives not working properly for xenophiles and pacifists
* Fanatic Authoritarian ethic now properly disables oligarchic authority type
* Planet tile now recalculates its modifiers when a timed pop modifier expires
* Species view does not automagically create new species rights for synthetics upon opening anymore (overriding AI policy)
* Fixed modifiers such as +1 monthly influence not being applied correctly
* Fixed a bug where you could have an invalid civic and still get benefits from it in some cases (such as Agrarian Idyll)
* Fixed food deficit from sectors sometimes being ignored, causing big fluctuations in food income
* Tweaked the trade values for the "Nomad Trade Proposal" event chain
* Nomads and Artisan Troupe will no longer ask to settle pops on Hive Mind planets
* The selected flag pattern is now properly highlighted in the empire creator
* Ships no longer "skips ahead" to other queued systems when they encounter hostiles
* Xenos that are being purged no longer increase Xenophile ethics attraction on their planet
* Fixed CTD when a war is started
* Fixed a bug that was giving ethics to entities that shouldn't have them (such as the Unbidden)
* Now possible to form the League of Non-Aligned Powers even if you do not have diplomacy traditions
* Support for democratic leaders is now reset when an election ends
* Hive Minds no longer change government and ethics when becoming the dominion of a Spiritualist Awakened Empire
* Fixed bug where the Synthetic Evolution ascension perk would not change the species of colony ships
* Fixed bug where The Flesh Is Weak ascension perk would not change the species of colony ships
* Fix growing pops not being killed when population control is enabled
* Unity gained from purging pops as Fanatic Purifier is no longer capped at 6
* Fixed Armageddon bombing stance to properly affect planet
* Capital is now properly moved when it is lost in a war
* 'Tile Blocker Cleared' sound now only plays if the cleared blocker is the last item in the build queue
* Fixed bug where the species rights change date was always updated
* Fixed bug where your country could be destroyed if a planet you attacked got rebel revolts
* Reworked the 'a Change of Heart' event chain to better fit the new ethics system
* It is now possible to build both defense and assault versions of robotic and android armies
* Fixed crash bug if you were kicked while selecting empire in the multiplayer lobby
* Fixed a Horizon Signal-related technology not appearing
* Fixed bug where the combat stats notification could not be opened
* War allies are now properly removed
* Fixed the tech weights for Selected Lineages and Capacity Boosters to be more likely for Authoritarians instead of penalizing them on it
* Enslaved robots no longer cause Authoritarian and Xenophobe ethics attraction
* Threat generated by vassals that are not free to declare their own wars is now given to their overlord instead
* Fixed bug where robotic species could not be picked to play after hotjoin
* Fixed a bug where timed modifiers on factions would never update
* Fixed rare CTD when starting a new game
* Contact is now properly established if another empire happens to spawn within your sensor range in a new game
* Fixed a case where ruler skill level wasn't correctly set on start of game
* Fixed sector tooltip displaying "Planning to construct none" for spaceport constructions
* Probing primitives no longer protects them from asteroids
* Quit to desktop will now trigger an ironman save
* Fixed Chemical Bliss living standard accidentally requiring the Utopia expansion
* Xenophiles are no longer upset by the purging of Hive Mind drones
* Stations no longer have warnings for FTL drive in ship designer
* Fixed a bug where a hotjoining player without the Utopia DLC could not pick countries that used Utopia features
* Ironman games now show a gauntlet
* Ironman now saves when exiting to main menu
* Fixed pre-scripted empire government types not matching their actual government types
* Fixed minor typo rendering the game "literally unplayable"
* Fixed a bug where Nerve Stapled and Hive Minded pops could be refugees
* Fixed a bug that was causing nerve stapled pops to never be enslaved
* Fixed Philsopher King civic not applying to your starting ruler
* Fixed a bug where reforming your government authority in the middle of an election after the death of your ruler could cause your empire to be stuck without a ruler permanently
* Fixed colony events inappropriately firing on occupied planets
* Fixed a bug where changing your government type would not properly update in contacts view
* Invalid research options are now instantly removed from list
* Fixed an interface issue where the 'Research Project' button would not work on planets with multiple special projects if one of those projects had been completed
* Split Fleet now properly tries to balance ship composition between the two new fleets
* Fixed "Birth of Space Piracy" event potentially spawning two stations in certain circumstances
* Fixed research project order button not showing up at all in right-click context menu when you had a scientist with too low skill
* Can no longer merge or split fleets that are in the middle of FTL wind-down, to prevent various exploits
* No longer possible to support leaders for an election when there is no election going on
* Fixed a bug where changing the size of the galaxy in game setup would sometimes also change its shape
* Background texture in ship designer is now always the same
* Fixed "return home" fleet orders considering overlord's space ports even if they are hostile
* Fixed colonizer GUI elements showing up in 'alien menace' fleet interface
* No longer possible to see which unsurveyed planets have deposits and primitives by right-clicking them while having a construction ship selected
* Ships with attack orders will now abort those attack orders if the target moves outside sensor range
* Removed open borders wargoal, since enforced open borders on war end made it redundant
* Anomaly interface now displays the name of the system along with the name of the planet
* It is no longer possible to split or merge fleets that have been given orders to upgrade, to prevent various exploits
* Fixed 'enemy troops landing' notification playing when landing on your own (occupied) planet
* Spaced out the planets of the Sol system a little bit
* Possibly fixed issue causing diplomatic invation spams from AI: AI not checking proposed actions and Diplo propose command making IsValid check instead of IsProposable
* Diplo actions which require votes and are invalid are now disabled and the reason stated in tooltip
* Fixed strange Curator system with three planets sharing the same orbit
* It is no longer possible to enter arbitrarily long names when creating new empires
* Fixed some text overflows in various interfaces
* Fixed fleets going to hostile space ports when upgrading or returning "home" when part of an independence war
* Fixed a bug where the war menu showed that the AI would accept a peace offer even if it wouldn't
* It is no longer possible to get sector excluded costs deducted as a player when building items
* Unrest alert is no longer shown for planets that are occupied by another empire
* Pop faction promotion/suppression modifiers are now removed when the faction is destroyed
* Fixed an issue causing the list of recruitable armies to show invalid entries
* The Awoken in the Limbo event chain are no longer purged by another species
* Synthetic rebel leaders now get "AI" names
* Can no longer reform governments to have invalid civics
* The species gene modify button and trait points counter are now hidden if the selected species is robotic and not modifiable
* Player no longer blocked from completing special project on species modification due to homeworld being in other's borders
* Added tooltip for TRADITION_COST_MULT_NUM_GROUPS
* All habitability calculations are now clamped at [0, 100]
* Empires with fanatic purifier civic can't select peaceful first contact policy anymore
* Potential warscore cost description now shows the country with the lowest cost
* Fixed "first colony" event sometimes not showing up
* Fixed missing species class-related descriptors for Robots
* Ground combat is now canceled if the attackers and defenders are no longer at war
* Expansion planner now properly updates the colonize button when conditions change (such as getting enough minerals to be able to build a colony ship)
* Fixed some issues with the Fleet Maneuvers event
* When cancelling construction of robots, resources are refunded
* You can now build stations in systems where you share borders with another empire
* Conquering a planet before communications are established now applies the recently conquered penalty
* Fixed being able to click through background of technology view
* Fixed issue where Extradimensionals Defeated event failed to trigger properly
* Strike craft now correctly shows up as weapon components when inspecting ships
* Country types without policies will be able to do full bombardment
* Scrollbar now properly resets when flipping between researched categories in technology view
* Fix that you could upgrade a megastructure even if you lacked the necessary ascension perk
* Fixed an making the code to prevent several Pops from migrating to the same planet as once not work properly
* Changing policies so that an ongoing observation station mission is no longer valid will now remove that mission from the station
* Fix Resetting species rights to default could circumvent cooldowns
* Fixed newly created Pops not getting ethics under some circumstances
* Infested planets no longer destroyed
* Species Modifications: Free traits can be selected even if no trait picks are left
* Fixed a bug that was causing the Zanaam system not to spawn
* Fixed a bug in ship designer that was causing Psionic Shields not to be picked over regular shields
* Fixed army morale modifiers not working properly
* Ships in evasive stance will now always flee from and avoid systems that have any hostiles that could potentially attack them (including different types of stations)
* A species will no longer get an increase in habitability on their homeworld if the homeworld's planet class changed
* Colony ships that have active colonization orders are no longer displayed as idle and available in expansion planner
* Only the Federation President can now rename a Federation
* Robots that are under construction no longer cost maintenance
* Landing armies on a vassal or ally's planet no longer gives a confirmation dialog stating it will turn them hostile
* Unarmed ships and stations will no longer engage each other in combat under any circumstances
* Fixed out-of-sync where killed ships had their movement updated
* It is once again possible to uplift pre-sentients inside your borders even if you do not own their planet as long as nobody else does either
* Fixed tooltip for Charismatic/Repugnant ethics attraction showing misleading information
* Fixed not being able to trade star charts with allies and subjects
* Fixed tooltip for build mining station order incorrectly showing a maintenance cost when building an energy mining station
* Gaia planets will no longer get the 'Hostile Wildlife' planet modifier under normal circumstances
* Fixed war overview always showing player and allies as 'Attackers' even in defensive wars
* Clicking a faction in the outliner now opens the Faction View with that faction selected
* Clicking the 'Sector Missing Resourecs' alert now opens Planets & Sectors view
* Enclaves are now properly placed when sorting by opinion in contacts view
* Relative Power of Enclaves is now hidden in contacts view
* No longer possible to cede and cleanse the same planet
* Fixed randomized species sometimes being generated with the Uplifted trait
* When choosing Hive Mind ethic, Hive Mind authority will now also be autoselected
* Rulers now gain experience and level up from ruling. Heirs gain experience at a reduced rate under Imperial authority
* Oligarchies and Democracies no longer start with skill level 4 rulers
* Fixed certain policies dealing with multiple species not showing up immediately for empires with Syncretic Evolution
* Spiritualist Fallen Empires will no longer demand that empires that have completed the Worm-in-Waiting event chain abandon their home worlds
* Hive Mind will now stop processing pops of other species when they're gene-modded to gain the Hive Mind trait
* Fixed a bug where getting communications with a Fallen Empire or Enclave would immediately give you access to research options for all strategic resources
* Fixed the cheapest Artisan Patron option always being available to everyone
* Fixed overflow bug causing ethic attraction to show wrong values
* It is no longer possible to find out the hit points of 'boss' creatures through the battle screen
* Fixed missing planet or moon reference in the Irassian homeworld event
* Fixed an issue with movement arrows acting strange when lots of orders had been queued
* Species view now only shows pre-sentients within your borders when in Empire species mode
* Culture shocked Pops can no longer join factions
* Megastructures can no longer be built around planets/stars with Anomalies
* Fixed some Fanatic Purifiers getting Slaving Despots AI personality instead
* Fixed AI colonizing next to Xenophobic Fallen Empires when they did not have the power to stand up to them
* Disable slavery/purge species rights groups if they are not applicable
* Derelict Cruiser now has proper components, no longer an empty strike craft section
* Pre-sentients progress bar is now grey again
* Armies from species that are not valid for recruitment (due to changing species rights, etc) will now be disbanded

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Looks like they nerfed happiness builds , required stations to be further apart, and got rid of the last reason to have diverse planets. Not sure how I feel about all that

Most of its good though, looking forward to seeing the new faction issues

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

quote:

The slavery/purge sounds now play when appropriate species rights are set

Best change

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

Looks like they nerfed happiness builds , required stations to be further apart, and got rid of the last reason to have diverse planets. Not sure how I feel about all that

I'm surprised they still haven't removed the techs that give you more sectors. Who uses the maximum amount of sectors ever?

I wish they'd move megastructures out of fortress/etc. Until I read about it in the forum I had no idea they were locked there and wondered why I never got to see them!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

* Boosted the damage output, shield hit points and hull points of military stations and frontier outposts substantially

Wonder how much is "substantially", and if it kills the early game rush.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm now wondering if this change to station placement will break my current games, since I put a lot of military stations in overlapping weird networks together. If those placements are now invalid, how will Stellaris handle this?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Sonce they stated 1.5 saves will work woth 1.6 saves I don't think it'll do anything with then. They'll just be grandfathered into place and any new stations will need to follow the new rules.

Not sure how I feel about some of the changes being made in the new patch - some of them are helpful but some of them look like they're just handicapping tou for the sake of it to draw things out.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Clinics giving society research is weird. Do they mean only society research, with no other effect whatsoever? Wouldn't building a biolab on that tile be a better choice then?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

and got rid of the last reason to have diverse planets.

Hm? I must have missed that.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Bloodly posted:

Hm? I must have missed that.

Charismatic happiness bonus is gone. I think that was the last thing that allowed you to benefit from multispecies planets

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Presumably clinics will have a +growth speed modifier, like they have -growth time currently. I'm pretty pessimistic on that change tbh, it gave spiritualistic and biological ascension empires a nice niche, and I suspect the rebalanced modifiers will probably be weaker. Getting to -100% was probably a problem admittedly. Fertile probably needs to be at least +100% speed for the change to not be a nerf to biological ascension.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
wow what a monster set of bug fixes, i love everything coming in this patch

the only thing i dont see here is addressing that megastructures come very late in the game...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That is a great patch. But as Wack says, now megastructures should be rebalanced so they're not super lategame only tech that is mostly useless at that point. It makes sense to me that ringworlds require trait points, but not habitats. If we ever make it to large scale space development, humanity is going to be building large space stations long before it colonizes other planets.

Probably should uncouple the megastructure tech from fortresses and battleships.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 4, 2017

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Mad Wack posted:

the only thing i dont see here is addressing that megastructures come very late in the game...

If anything the changes to Unity will now make that worse because if you weren't playing specifically to accumulate as much Unity as you could before you will have to now or you'll likely never unlock everything.

And if you aren't gunning specifically for the Megastructures perks, at the expense of other ascension or buff perks because you need 3 just to unlock ring worlds, then you may finish the game long before you ever get around to them. I realize they are basically vanity projects at this point and if you can afford to build any of them then you've already won but unless you enjoy playing the game on fast forward for 50+ years at a time with nothing else to do then there's little reason to stick around and see them.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
The big thing missing is that missiles continue to be worthless compared to the other weapons techs. I thought this was the rebalancing patch?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That is a great patch. But as Wack says, now megastructures should be rebalanced so they're not super lategame only tech that is mostly useless at that point. It makes sense to me that ringworlds require trait points, but not habitats. If we ever make it to large scale space development, humanity is going to be building large space stations long before it colonizes other planets.

Probably should uncouple the megastructure tech from fortresses and battleships.

I'll be thrilled to get megastructures even earlier when i still can't afford them

Sloober fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 4, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Not a fan of the change to the Enigmatic Fortress reward. The techs I most cared about were the power plant and the shields, kinda sucks rear end that it'll be a random change to get one of those, let alone if I get stuck with some other lame-o poo poo tech I never used.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

GlyphGryph posted:

I don't see it as a nerf to happiness builds, because happiness builds are not a thing in 1.5. Happiness sources are so prolific that unless you're being intentionally oppressive, you could hit the happiness ceiling on your core pops without really trying. Needing to actually work to get 100% is a good thing.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

canepazzo posted:

My favourite line:

That just sounds like they've given up on the mechanic entirely and just made it work in a simple and easy way. Which is fine but unless something is different for migration between empires there isn't going to be much point to trying to create a multi-cultural empire because it's going to be dumb luck that some other race may want to move to a newly colonized planet on your end.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

Charismatic happiness bonus is gone. I think that was the last thing that allowed you to benefit from multispecies planets

I thought that just applied to rulers? You no longer get the happiness boost from the charismatic ruler trait, it just applies to negotiations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Just give up and make Victoria In Space already

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Just give up and make Victoria In Space already

Capitalists in Zigbog V have constructed an alloy factory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Removing the Symbol of Unity is annoying. I'd always start a new colony with one of those and a monument. Now I have even less to do as far as buildings go until the planet reaches 5 pop. I guess I can build more basic labs.

• Locked thread