Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Did anyone else get a Dark Souls vibe from the forest castle? The color scheme and architecture felt really similar to me and it even had a blacksmith clanking away in a hidden room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GANDHITRON posted:

The other novella from the guide book, Orbital Base Station "Bunker" – Observation Diary has just been translated. Not as spoilery as The Memory Cage but I'd still recommend waiting until you finish the game just in case.

I look forward to it, and thanks for your hard work!

It's a good thing all of these lovely robot girls are in a Yoko Taro game so they won't suffer a terrible fate and die in agony

:smith:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Ularg posted:

Welp, I finished the game! So spoilers, I guess. Not sure about the ending though, not a lot of build up towards the climax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSYhXsj-1w

:v:

You posted this twenty-five minutes after asking about the golden enemies and stating you're level 24. There's no way in hell that you beat the game in such a short period of time. Sounds like you got Ending A, which is less than halfway through the game. Getting Ending E is beating the game. Route B is mostly a replay of A with a few differences (and you'll have the ability to kill the golden enemies) but then Route C is the second half of the game. Routes D and E are short replays of the final few minutes of C.

It'll also answer the question you asked the other guy.

Most people are usually between level 70 - 80 when they complete the game. You're nowhere near completing the game. Keep playing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

...! posted:

You posted this twenty-five minutes after asking about the golden enemies and stating you're level 24. There's no way in hell that you beat the game in such a short period of time. Sounds like you got Ending A, which is less than halfway through the game. Getting Ending E is beating the game. Route B is mostly a replay of A with a few differences (and you'll have the ability to kill the golden enemies) but then Route C is the second half of the game. Routes D and E are short replays of the final few minutes of C.

Most people are usually between level 70 - 80 when they complete the game. You're nowhere near completing the game. Keep playing.

Watch the video.

It should answer your questions.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

...! posted:

So you didn't watch the video then

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

...! posted:

...!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Clearly he's not a Type-S model

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dyzzy posted:

Clearly he's not a Type-S model

I can see the confusion, at least.

Neither seems known for their modesty.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

...! posted:

Ouch, you should have watched it.

Also I'm 7 achievments away from finishing this game. That pod one might legit kill me.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Ouch, you should have watched it.

Also I'm 7 achievments away from finishing this game. That pod one might legit kill me.

Really?

I didn't think Earning 100,000 G was that difficult.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Just grabbed this in the sale, never played the first but it's good times so far. I just fought the chumps underground and unlocked fast travel so its pretty early, but I have a few general mechanics questions:

-Where the hell do I find combat bracers? Punching things is way more my forte but so far nothing.

-Should I be trying to upgrade all my weapons or just whatever I like? Or like one per category? So far I have the starting sword at Lvl 3 but nothing else.

-So far most of the fighting has involved whittling down things with my pod. Should I be upgrading my ranged attack like mad or does it matter?

-Are any sidequests timed or can I ignore them until whenever? Also, is it possible to gently caress them up? Like when that one guy in the building wanted some confidential chips I refused because he was acting suspicious but then nothing updated or anything so I eventually turned them in for some sweet sweet XP.

-Is there any real reason to self-destruct other than the obvious?

-Along those lines, do I eventually get new outfits to play dress-up with my anime doll or do I remain a gothic lolita forever?

-Why did they give Pascal's village a bunch of invisible walls so I can't just jump down and avoid the janky-rear end ladders? This question is rhetorical but man what the gently caress.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wolfsheim posted:

Just grabbed this in the sale, never played the first but it's good times so far. I just fought the chumps underground and unlocked fast travel so its pretty early, but I have a few general mechanics questions:

-Where the hell do I find combat bracers? Punching things is way more my forte but so far nothing.

-Should I be trying to upgrade all my weapons or just whatever I like? Or like one per category? So far I have the starting sword at Lvl 3 but nothing else.

-So far most of the fighting has involved whittling down things with my pod. Should I be upgrading my ranged attack like mad or does it matter?

-Are any sidequests timed or can I ignore them until whenever? Also, is it possible to gently caress them up? Like when that one guy in the building wanted some confidential chips I refused because he was acting suspicious but then nothing updated or anything so I eventually turned them in for some sweet sweet XP.

-Along those lines, do I eventually get new outfits to play dress-up with my anime doll or do I remain a gothic lolita forever?

-Why did they give Pascal's village a bunch of invisible walls so I can't just jump down and avoid the janky-rear end ladders? This question is rhetorical but man what the gently caress.

Bracers are pretty rare for most of the first run through the game, you can find one pair in the forest and buy some later.

Do what you want tbh. There's one sidequest unlocked after upgrading everything to max, but it's something that should be done in the post game. There are some weapons that give shop discounts if upgraded to level 2. (You don't even have to equip them)

Pod upgrades are really hard to come by in first playthrough and mostly add in some extra attacks, and that's about it.

Most sidequests will time out after you do the Resupply mission, though you can come back to them or push them to when you get chapter select

Do you like fish?

The new DLC has some outfits but the other ones are unlocked much layer in the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

1) If nothing else, you got bareknuckle. But most of them are beyond the point you're currently at. The secret shops have a few.

2) As you please. There's a neat unlockable for getting every weapon to level 4, but you can focus on whatever weapons you like and have the parts for.

3) Depends on your fighting style. Pod upgrades are a pain, though.

4) You'll eventually be able to go back for all the ones you missed (even the ones you failed), but you can temporarily lose access to 'em.

5) There's an ending you unlock by self-destructing at the right time, and it does AoE damage, but mostly it's just for the obvious purpose, yeah.

6) You get a couple outfits much later, and one from DLC, but the base look's going to be your look for quite some time.

7) Taro Yoko is fueled by suffering.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

chiasaur11 posted:

Really?

I didn't think Earning 100,000 G was that difficult.

Never!!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

How do you remote control a robot? It seems pretty random whether I get the option or it just explodes.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

How do you remote control a robot? It seems pretty random whether I get the option or it just explodes.

Hack a machine before you aggro it and you have the option of remote control. If you engage them in combat or have them be aggressive they will just explode/take damage once successfully hacked.
Gotta be sneaky!

Choyi fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 3, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But once you remote control that first machine, you get the rest for free!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Double braces is a lot of fun as 2B

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

2B needs braces.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Day One Edition is included in the Golden Week Sale on North American PSN. You can grab it for $41.99 if you haven't already. I think that's like 15% off or something.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 4, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

...! posted:

It's okay, I make mistakes too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DLC is harsh on me even on easy mode. I need to grind and hope I can survive the next time.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The DLC really makes me wish that low level runs were possible. I really dislike the mechanic that just completely plummets your damage output if you're underleveled to a certain threshold

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Alder posted:

DLC is harsh on me even on easy mode. I need to grind and hope I can survive the next time.

The only area that is really kicking my rear end is the desert colosseum. The "the floor is lava" challenge is impossible for me. The third wave of dudes keeps knocking my rear end to the floor and I have no way to stop it that I can see.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Soysaucebeast posted:

The only area that is really kicking my rear end is the desert colosseum. The "the floor is lava" challenge is impossible for me. The third wave of dudes keeps knocking my rear end to the floor and I have no way to stop it that I can see.

Friend of mine got past it by just spamming the dodge button. Hitting it without holding a movement direction causes you to do an evasive slide backwards and you don't fall off the platform while doing that so if your pod is up to snuff...

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You can't run off the platform at all, unless you jump.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Does anyone else just not use Pods fire most of the time to avoid having to hold down R1? I'll use his special off cooldown but I usually will avoid squishing my finger on a button for an entire fight.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Got to the end of the DLC and can now say for certain without any irony at all, it was worth the $15 I payed for it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Ularg posted:

Does anyone else just not use Pods fire most of the time to avoid having to hold down R1? I'll use his special off cooldown but I usually will avoid squishing my finger on a button for an entire fight.

I just have it on a trigger because it's more comfortable to hold down constantly. I wish auto-fire was enabled on above easy though because you're gonna be firing all the time anyway

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm a freak and I have light attack on R1 and heavy on L1 and L2 pod fire and R2 dodge

Also inverted Y and X for camera

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I used it pretty liberally in my first play through. Pod-fire and shockwave felt OP, like I could destroy almost anything while barely moving and never being in danger. I'm playing through again without pod fire (or the main gun in flight suit bits -- R1 minimal) and it makes fighting way more fun for me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I never use the pod fire because it's too powerful for what it is and detracts from the gameplay experience.

The programs you get are fun though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
imo the game is more fun when you save the pod for clearing away flying poo poo and enemy bullets. Just holding down the button all the time makes the pod firing sound cover up the excellent music!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even if you don't like using the pod, you use podfire on the snake things or Hegel obviously because they suck a lot.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm just glad this game gives you a fun way to deal with flying enemies, unlike Revengeance which didn't even bother.

edit: Unless you count the rocket launchers that you have to go into a menu to equip, hold a button to manually aim, direct with the camera controls because they don't lock on, and stand totally still while you are aiming them. I do not count that

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Undecided on the DLC. Doesn't sound like there's all that much to it. I am, of course, one of the idiots who bought all the DLC for Drakengard 3, but you got some story content there. An arena mode and a some costumes, eh.

In the meantime, still trying to clean up the encyclopedia. It's a bit frustrating how rare some of these enemy spawns are.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So I wasnt being an idiot and pod fire is pretty much the only decent way to take out the snakes?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

The DLC really makes me wish that low level runs were possible. I really dislike the mechanic that just completely plummets your damage output if you're underleveled to a certain threshold

Probably the worst part about this game is the narrow level window at which it is fun. Underlevelled and enemies turn into giant lakes of HP, overlevelled and you killl things by looking at them BUT NO BOSSES, because it wouldn't be as cinematic! It just ends up being not very cool to play at outside of a specific range of levels that each area is designed for. It makes chapter select not as fun as it should be, either.

edit: ^ one really good way is the the pod dodge counter, which oneshots them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

So I wasnt being an idiot and pod fire is pretty much the only decent way to take out the snakes?

Basically, and even though you can do it elsewise, getting real close to its exposed core and unloading the pod into it is the best way to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Undecided on the DLC. Doesn't sound like there's all that much to it. I am, of course, one of the idiots who bought all the DLC for Drakengard 3, but you got some story content there. An arena mode and a some costumes, eh.

In the meantime, still trying to clean up the encyclopedia. It's a bit frustrating how rare some of these enemy spawns are.

It has a little story content.

Including a couple more storybooks. And apparently a secret area?

But yeah. It's mostly just arenas. Although the arenas do say some interesting things about the world.