Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
WITXHER 3 VONBAT IS A RWLY GOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

VideoGames posted:

I expanded my PS4 game collection a little. I spotted some cheap amazon deals and decided to go full force in order to have a few things to mess around in.

I got Hitman's full package, Dying Light full on enhanced version, Darksiders 1 anime edition, Witcher 3 full version and Shadow of Mordor full version :D All for under £40 thanks to credit and deals. I am going to enjoy all this I think!

Nice haul. I would advice playing them in any order you like as your tastes in video games may not be identical to a random person on the internet telling you which you will like the most (they're all pretty solid).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's my prediction that a guy named VideoGames will enjoy Witcher 3.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

spudsbuckley posted:

Wait, the Nioh guy is supposed to be Irish?

The Nioh guy is (very, very loosely) based on a real historical figure. Looks like he was English rather than Irish, though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you to everyone who is spurring me on! I have very general tastes so I went for a ton of game kinds all over :D As some of you may know, there's only really been one game I disliked and at least every other game I've played I've had a ton of fun with so I have high hopes.

I am sort of saving the Witcher for when I can devote many hours simply because I see so much praise for it that it makes me excited! :D I do love my gaming!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That is my plan with the Witcher 3.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

VideoGames posted:

Thank you to everyone who is spurring me on! I have very general tastes so I went for a ton of game kinds all over :D As some of you may know, there's only really been one game I disliked and at least every other game I've played I've had a ton of fun with so I have high hopes.

I am sort of saving the Witcher for when I can devote many hours simply because I see so much praise for it that it makes me excited! :D I do love my gaming!

I must know what that game is.

Witcher is impressive, and definitely a potential time sink. Ended up being less than the sum of it's parts for me and I struggled to get into it, although I did play a lot of Gwent. I need to give it another shot when I have the time, especially the DLC that people rave about.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

haveblue posted:

The Nioh guy is (very, very loosely) based on a real historical figure. Looks like he was English rather than Irish, though.

That's the guy from Shogun

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gravy Jones posted:

I must know what that game is.

Haha, well the only game I've ever disliked and did not have any fun at all with is Halo 1. I did not enjoy a single part except for the main music theme.

This was why I found it so weird that I loved Destiny! I had ridiculous amounts of joy with that (even if I only did play it for the first time two months ago).

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

VideoGames posted:

Haha, well the only game I've ever disliked and did not have any fun at all with is Halo 1. I did not enjoy a single part except for the main music theme.

This was why I found it so weird that I loved Destiny! I had ridiculous amounts of joy with that (even if I only did play it for the first time two months ago).

:same:

Might be a time and place thing for Halo. I only played it for the first time recently when I got an Xbox for my open world arcade racer fix. I didn't last long. And I also had a load of fun playing Destiny. I still go back to it now and then if I just want to go and shoot aliens for half an hour to blow off steam. It's the best game for just running around and shooting stuff when you don't really care about playing a campaign or multiplayer stuff. Feels good. It occupies a similar space to (console) Diablo 3 for me in that regard. Just pick up and get a mission (if you want) and go kill some stuff for a while. Destiny, Diablo 3 and either Forza Horizon or a Burnout (Some kind of PS4 Motorstorm Apocalypse could also fill this slot) are pretty much my holy trinity of pick up and play for a while games if I don't feel like getting too invested in something that I know will take a bit of a commitment.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 4, 2017

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

You played Destiny at the right time, my friend.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

haveblue posted:

He was an English sailor. In Nioh he's an Irishman and his guardian spirit speaks Gaelic. It owns.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JBP posted:

He was an English sailor. In Nioh he's an Irishman and his guardian spirit speaks Gaelic. It owns.

Ummmm I didn't know this and now I'm even more inclined to get Nioh

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Is it true that the nioh dlc allows you to play as a lady? The entire game? How is it explained when there's a single main character?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There's a "Transform" feature where you can use special currency to buy skins of other, set characters. It's purely cosmetic, William turns into his normal self for cutscenes. The female character skins are about ten times more expensive than the male, however. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I caved in and bought a PS4 the other day.

I'll need PS+ if I want to get player messages and summons in bloodborne, right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

poptart_fairy posted:

There's a "Transform" feature where you can use special currency to buy skins of other, set characters. It's purely cosmetic, William turns into his normal self for cutscenes. The female character skins are about ten times more expensive than the male, however. :v:

Team Ninja understands the mind of the weeb in and out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oxyclean posted:

I'll need PS+ if I want to get player messages and summons in bloodborne, right?

Yup

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Oxyclean posted:

You'll need PS+ to not be a lovely and bad gamer.

Seriously if you don't get PS+ for the free games alone, you are literally an imbecile.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uhhhh the free games are generally poo poo. There's been maybe four good ones in the two years I've had PS+

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Team Ninja understands the mind of the weeb in and out.

Just look at the $100+-worth of Dead or Alive 5 costume DLC packs :v:. They are not subtle about milking that non-Newtonian jiggling cash cow for all they can.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I've had no reason thus far of getting ps+

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I've played Bloodborne for like 100 hours and been summoned once.

You can tell the game has a lot of players from all the messages/ghosts(?) of other players running around but I wouldn't say PS+ is required for it unless you really want to wait around and try to co-op each area.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The co-op in BB is so stupidly convoluted compared to the other Souls games

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
I considering signing up for PS+ for the sole reason of getting player messages in Bloodborne. The free games generally look like poop and I probably won't play anything online but I really miss being able to read dumb messages left by other players.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The co-op in BB is so stupidly convoluted compared to the other Souls games

Oh?

I was thinking I'd probably want the ability to call on help since despite playing 3 whole souls games, I am not very good at souls games, and I've heard BB has some very tough bosses.

I'm on the fence about PS+ since my current list of games I'm planning to get for PS4 is Bloodborne, P5 and Nioh. The monthly free game thing isn't very inciting since I'm bad enough about getting around to playing things I already own and want to play.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

The co-op in soulsbourne is so stupidly convoluted compared to the other video games

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Oh?

I was thinking I'd probably want the ability to call on help since despite playing 3 whole souls games, I am not very good at souls games, and I've heard BB has some very tough bosses.

I'm on the fence about PS+ since my current list of games I'm planning to get for PS4 is Bloodborne, P5 and Nioh. The monthly free game thing isn't very inciting since I'm bad enough about getting around to playing things I already own and want to play.

I have no idea why he thinks it's convoluted. You ring a bell if you want help, and you will summon someone who rang their help bell in the same vicinity. It's literally Dark Souls minus being able to pick your random internet suitor and not having summon signs. If you wanted to play with a specific friend, there is a password system you can use.

e: ^^^^^ that much is true.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Way of Redemption (a Windjammers knockoff) is free right now, at least in the spanish PSN store. It has 2 player co-op and 2v2 (all offline and online) so it has something over Discjam.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shadow225 posted:

I have no idea why he thinks it's convoluted. You ring a bell if you want help, and you will summon someone who rang their help bell in the same vicinity. It's literally Dark Souls minus being able to pick your random internet suitor and not having summon signs. If you wanted to play with a specific friend, there is a password system you can use.

e: ^^^^^ that much is true.

Without summon signs you've no real way of knowing if there's anyone to summon so you can spend ages just hanging around outside a boss in case someone shows up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

VideoGames posted:

It doesn't sound like you're still playing it. Did you get to experience any of the end game content? If you didn't do any raids I definitely recommend going back and at least doing Vault of Glass or King's Fall. Truly phenomenal experiences.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DrNutt posted:

It doesn't sound like you're still playing it. Did you get to experience any of the end game content? If you didn't do any raids I definitely recommend going back and at least doing Vault of Glass or King's Fall. Truly phenomenal experiences.

I did not get to the end! Good grief, there was so much to do and I had so little time that month that I only played about 20 hours. I think I reached level 12? I was doing small things on the moon and zooming about with a land speeder.

My problem is SO many great games and so little time due to life. I need to make sure I focus and now that I no longer have a steam backlog, I can concentrate on the PS4 :D

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Like an MMO, Destiny is less a game than a habit. You have to play it regularly over a period of weeks or months if you want to see everything it has to offer.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
What multiplayer games are poplar on the PS4 nowadays? It's not still COD is it? I haven't played console games in like 5 years.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Overwatch

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Rocket League

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Lego Worlds

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dark Souls

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Uhhhh the free games are generally poo poo. There's been maybe four good ones in the two years I've had PS+

I keep PS+ to keep Vanquish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Fix posted:

I keep PS+ to keep Vanquish.

You know it won't go away if you let it lapse? You'll just have to resubscribe to play it again. Also, it's hopefully coming to PC soon.