Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Who wore it best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Who wore it best?

It's tough but I think Lewis still wins out slightly over Vettel.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

It's tough but I think Lewis still wins out slightly over Vettel.

lmao

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Don't doxx Tony "double clutch" Montana

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
just lol if you don't always double de clutch. I do it every day and I drive an auto.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wuffles posted:

look at max verstappen over here, granny shiftin, not double clutching like he should

You can have any beer you want....as long as it's a Heineken.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
So eh,
How old are you guys/your cars that you all seem to know about double (de)clutching?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I dunno about anybody else but I only know of things like double declutching because my dad used to drive cars without synchromesh in the old days and figured this was essential learning for me. My knowledge of heel-and-toe is entirely down to that video of Senna with LoaferCam(TM) and a subsequent history of burning clutches in rental cars.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
I read about it on the internet and do it because I'm an excellent driver. I also read that race drivers haven't done it in years, but I think I know better than them

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Goddamn kids these days can't even text on a T9 predictive keyboard.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

If you google then the only place that bothered sharing this picture was a website called "allabouthair"

I hope Valteri beats this rear end in a top hat this year for the WDC second place

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

mrfart posted:

So eh,
How old are you guys/your cars that you all seem to know about double (de)clutching?

I had to learn because my rallycross car doesn't like to shift into first unless I mash all three pedals at once.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

mrfart posted:

So eh,

I just turned 30 on Friday last week, my first car was a 1989 Alfa 33 manual.
It looked like thishttp://imgur.com/a/kbJpD except I used red and green electrical tape to give it a tricolore racing stripe down the middle of the bonnet, roof and boot.

I did not learn about double clutching, nor did I learn about single clutching. In fact I burnt out the clutch a couple of times....

I was not a good manual driver.

aequalis fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 4, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think the last major Formula-Style cars to use non-paddleshifts were the 2006 Champcars. Still were sequential manuals though.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Speaking of different driving techniques, I once tried left foot braking. Brain instinct kicked in and decided that because it was my left foot, I must want to mash my foot down all the way. I left a nice set of tyre marks down the A5 just south of Daventry and another lovely set of marks just south of my belt. Luckily I was stupid enough to try it on a clear stretch of road late at night, so no one had to react to my rapid deceleration from 70 to 0 on a single lane carriageway.

I am not a clever man.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

Speaking of different driving techniques, I once tried left foot braking. Brain instinct kicked in and decided that because it was my left foot, I must want to mash my foot down all the way. I left a nice set of tyre marks down the A5 just south of Daventry and another lovely set of marks just south of my belt. Luckily I was stupid enough to try it on a clear stretch of road late at night, so no one had to react to my rapid deceleration from 70 to 0 on a single lane carriageway.

I am not a clever man.

Same man. The brake position is awkward as gently caress in a road car too.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Give thanks for all things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOwb4ElMDsQ&feature=youtu.be

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dubs posted:

Weekly reminder that only one V8 supercar driver can left foot brake and he wins every week. No one else is willing to learn because it's a shitlord series full of drivers to stupid to live

Pretty sure Simona left foot brakes too.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

so I'm reading autocar and I come across this F1 article that's really bad, like Joe Saward bad. And then I looked up and saw who wrote it.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

gret posted:

Pretty sure Simona left foot brakes too.

I woudn't mind running in her dirty air IYKWIM.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

I am not a clever man.

I practice every day, and I still screw it up on track when I have to trail brake with the left foot and then downshift.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I woudn't mind running in her dirty air IYKWIM.

So you have a fart fetish

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

All of Joe's articles are based on hearsay and rumor that no one else ever reports on, which is funny because he's (by all accounts) one of the most disliked reporters in the paddock and one of the least likely to break any major story.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Yes but guess who inspired Grand Prix Legends and everything else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFVdGOmwNQ

:colbert:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Yes but guess who inspired Grand Prix Legends and everything else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFVdGOmwNQ

:colbert:

Yeah but that's an actual good book not based on huffing farts. Everyone's capable of something good once in a while.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

So you have a fart fetish

Don't kink shame

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

But you're right. What we should go back to doing is talking about Nicole Schrezinginger and Valtteri Bottas's favourite sandwich.

His favourite sammich is bread with nothing in the middle.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I would like to point out a Hollywood stunt driver named Slick Racin' Gardner also passed Indy Rookie Orientation and qualified for the race.

Give HIM Stroll's seat.

wuffles posted:

look at max verstappen over here, granny shiftin, not double clutching like he should

:rice:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

he's (by all accounts) one of the most disliked reporters in the paddock and one of the least likely to break any major story.

Peter Windsor sighs in relief

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

How does a guy with a wordpress blog even get f1 press credentials.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't think he did have them for a bit. He got in as a replacement for Deter Reiken or whatever his name is one GP and that seemed to open the flood gates.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He has permanent press credentials because he used to work for Autosport and has attended every race for like 20 years.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dentist toy box posted:

How does a guy with a wordpress blog even get f1 press credentials.

He used to be head editor and junk for Autosport back in the 90s and wrote for a bunch of magazines. Pretty sure hes led some of the press conferences as well during grand prix weekend. Not to mention the couple of successful F1 books he's authored.

It seems like when he started his blog the ability to publish his thoughts broke his brain. No longer did it have to go through some sort of oversight or colleagues calling you out on your bullshit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Joe Saward does definitely have the air of a man trying to rebuild his life three years after a complete mental breakdown that was never really addressed properly.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also that time he kept sniping at James Allens blog cause it was vastly better lol.

Speaking of JA his own site seems to have gone to complete poo poo. He's hired on some extra writers and they all suck.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I just get the sense Joe's Award thinks he's better than everybody else because he has a paddock pass, and that seeps into his pompous writing style.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

I just get the sense Joe's Award thinks he's better than everybody else because he has a paddock pass, and that seeps into his pompous writing style.

Much like your posting lmao

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I like to think that JJoc* keeps getting hot scoops that never pan out because people are deliberately messing with him by feeding him nonsense

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

What was the last really out there prediction that he actually got. He'll often make really obvious softball ones like "Alonso isn't moving to Mercedes after he said he isn't moving to Mercedes" then claim it as a hot scoop.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

daslog posted:

I had to learn because my rallycross car doesn't like to shift into first unless I mash all three pedals at once.

Why do you race through piles of cow manure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Isn't Joe's's family rich as gently caress. I assume he pay-reportered his creds

• Locked thread