Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I can just about guarantee she's going to have every Inhuman's powers, or at least be able to swap them out at a Framework uplink or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has there been any talk of Ghost Rider getting a spin off eventually or something? I really love the character and i just want more.

edit: Also for the 3D printing discussing on the last page, i want them to print Ward, but i feel like it's p likely they will print Hope.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 4, 2017

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Like, we've spent this whole time wrestling with the question of how real these people in the Framework are. Its not really Daisy's place to decide for Mack that Hope isn't real and rob him of that choice. Its tragic to give Mack that choice but it would be cruel and unfair to not.

Though by this argument they should have left Fitz, too.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dongattack posted:

Has there been any talk of Ghost Rider getting a spin off eventually or something? I really love the character and i just want more.

edit: Also for the 3D printing discussing on the last page, i want them to print Ward, but i feel like it's p likely they will print Hope.

I like GR a lot too but let's be honest: The effects needed are something neither ABC or Netflix is going to doll out the $$ for to keep it up for an ongoing series.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My hope that Robbie ends up flying the Zephyr remains as strong as ever. Or at least a quinjet.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Inhumans in their costumes:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/marvel-inhumans-photo-abc/

There's also a Scott Buck interview, which in no way screams "this was the perfect person for the job".

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 4, 2017

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Teek posted:

There's also a Scott Buck interview, which in no way screams "this was the perfect person for the job".

Neither that promotion shot or the interview fill me with confidence. I hope AoS doesn't get cancelled for this.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Are the Inhumans inhumans going to be different from the SHIELD inhumans, which was almost entirely inhuman rights and discrimination?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Medusa looks like she's cosplaying some generic fantasy queen. Crystal probably looks the best of the bunch. Maximus looks like they just had the guy walk straight from the Game of Thrones set to this one.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

counterfeitsaint posted:

Are the Inhumans inhumans going to be different from the SHIELD inhumans, which was almost entirely inhuman rights and discrimination?

They set it up when they introduced afterlife with skye's mom talking about multiple families of inhumans and some being snobbier than others.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's the picture for those who cannot access the link.

L-R: Gorgon, Karnak, Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and Maximus The Mad.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that. looks. awful.

"we want you to look as if you're here at gunpoint. No, more constipated. Yeah, that's the look we need"

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 4, 2017

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Is that a perspective thing, or is Ramsay Bolton really 5'3?

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Scott Buck posted:

“We approach these [characters] all as real people who just happen to have these abilities, so they’re all very grounded.”

When the hell did 'grounded' become the most important characteristic to have in a superhero show? Who started this nonsense? Bryan Singer? Greg Berlanti?

I mean if there was ever a property begging for high-melodrama and batshit-insanity...

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Man, I forgot how clean-cut Mace looked early on compared to his Framework appearance. I'm REALLY going to miss O'Mara. I also forgot about his 'Mack just rode off? Without a helmet on? He knows better than that!'

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

jfood posted:

Is that a perspective thing, or is Ramsay Bolton really 5'3?

Height 5' 8" (1.73 m)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Apoplexy posted:

Man, I forgot how clean-cut Mace looked early on compared to his Framework appearance. I'm REALLY going to miss O'Mara. I also forgot about his 'Mack just rode off? Without a helmet on? He knows better than that!'

It just struck me the other day that this is be second time this actor has been unwillingly trapped in a virtual world on network television.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

The MSJ posted:

Is that Daphne from Scooby Doo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They really look like cosplayers being photo bombed by the GoT dude.

Also Serinda Swan is a really, really bad actress so I have low expectations for Medussa.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

They really look like cosplayers

So...every Entertainment Weekly superhero photoshoot?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

So...every Entertainment Weekly superhero photoshoot?

The actors themselves look fine, their costumes are just very unimpressive, like on a cosplay level.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

I think it means that replacing the real Tripp is worse because the real Tripp was a good dude and you're effectively just messing with the memory of a good person. Replacing the old Ward isn't so much a moral quandary because "gently caress old Ward." I'm not sure I agree either way but I get what 4000 Dollar Suit is saying.

Ah ok that makes more sense.

The MSJ posted:

Those costumes are bad.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

The actors themselves look fine, their costumes are just very unimpressive, like on a cosplay level.

Right...so every Entertainment Weekly superhero photoshoot ever. They made Nolan's Batman costume look stupid. They make every costume look stupid. That's, like, their thing. Odds are those costumes will look much better in context, with the proper lighting and framing.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Teek posted:

:lol: " serialized family drama" :lol:

That sounds loving horrible.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Anson Mount's costume looks like it was recycled from one of the X-Men movies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The MSJ posted:

duh-duh-duh duh! *snap* *snap*

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans, looks like he poo poo his pants just as that photo was taken.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ojjeorago posted:

Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans, looks like he poo poo his pants just as that photo was taken.

Not like he could tell anyone about it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

double nine posted:

that. looks. awful.

"we want you to look as if you're here at gunpoint. No, more constipated. Yeah, that's the look we need"

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks Black Bolt looks like he desperately needs to take a poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Scott Buck is an idiot and anything he's in charge of is guaranteed to suck

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Medusa's dress doesn't have any texture, or anything interesting about it, really.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

notthegoatseguy posted:

I like GR a lot too but let's be honest: The effects needed are something neither ABC or Netflix is going to doll out the $$ for to keep it up for an ongoing series.
I don't understand why they don't just use the comics-accurate motorcycle-helmet costume for Robbie which would be waay less of a hassle to depict than the CGI skull.

Well, I understand the CGI skull looks really cool, but still.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Edmund Lava posted:

Neither that promotion shot or the interview fill me with confidence. I hope AoS doesn't get cancelled for this.

Costume stills for genre media always look terrible, so I'm letting that slide. But Scott Buck I am not letting slide. Late Dexter and Iron Fist were both very bad. I do not trust him as a showrunner and neither should anyone.

Regy Rusty posted:

Argh god drat it Daisy you don't tell him the truth. You lie to him, brutally if need be. Tell him Hope needs him in the real world, whatever it takes to get him through that portal. Even if it makes him hate you once he's there.

If characters emotionally manipulating each other through melodramatic lies is your jam, boy do I have 4 interconnected superhero TV shows for you. I'm thrilled Daisy *didn't* lie to him, because this way Mack is faced with an active choice that will have meaningful repercussions.

Fleshbot simulacrum Trip would be awesome, though. The fact he isn't "actually" Trip and is instead some impressionistic painting of him is the most interesting part. Just from a character psychology perspective, that's insanely interesting and I'd like to see how that played out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Normally I wouldn't be in favor of things like that but this is an extreme circumstance. Not only is Mack making this decision arguably not in sound mind, and choosing to abandon people he doesn't realize he loves, there is every reason to believe that if he stays in the framework he will die.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I just can't wait for the dramatic InHumans treadmill scene.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CaveGrinch posted:

I just can't wait for the dramatic InHumans treadmill scene.

Is one of them trying to fly or something?

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Xealot posted:

If characters emotionally manipulating each other through melodramatic lies is your jam, boy do I have 4 interconnected superhero TV shows for you. I'm thrilled Daisy *didn't* lie to him, because this way Mack is faced with an active choice that will have meaningful repercussions.

Fleshbot simulacrum Trip would be awesome, though. The fact he isn't "actually" Trip and is instead some impressionistic painting of him is the most interesting part. Just from a character psychology perspective, that's insanely interesting and I'd like to see how that played out.

This. All of this. From interviews with the showrunners it doesn't sound like they're going this route, but man I wish they would.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ApeHawk posted:

So, does every season have to have Fitz just become emotionally and mentally devastated at the end? Because we are 3 out of 4 now and I just want the poor guy to finally catch a loving break.

I'm cool with the relentless emotional torture of Fitz because it allows Iain de Caestecker to show more range, and he's fantastic at it. I hope he blows up big in cable shows and films after this is done. Things like his brain injury from oxygen deprivation, frustration over the space rock kidnapping Simmons, and now guilt issues over Mace make him the most 3 dimensional character on the show.

I'm glad they don't just gloss over this stuff, and let it become part of the characters instead of going back to status quo. Fitz and Simmons are changed people since the early seasons. Everyone is. I've always felt that what makes a sci-fi/fantasy series work is deep characters and greater focus on emotional moments/development for them; it's why BSG was such an emotional show and The Expanse is more about plot. AoS succeeds on both ends.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Like, we've spent this whole time wrestling with the question of how real these people in the Framework are. Its not really Daisy's place to decide for Mack that Hope isn't real and rob him of that choice. Its tragic to give Mack that choice but it would be cruel and unfair to not.

I've argued that Hope isn't Mack's real world Hope but that doesn't mean she isn't Mack's OTHER daughter. That poo poo's way more complicated.

And its not like he has to be gone forever. The Framework is there and they have his body. They could theoretically go back in and talk this out.

Right at the start of the season Mack refused to go into the VR thing and has been fully against all artificial life.
His daughter in the real world was 4 days old when she died. The Hope in the framework is a 100% artificial construct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQ53ZEZ2Ik
To keep Mack in and go and get him later means somehow trundling him around whilst keeping him hooked up. Daisy had no idea where or how the rest of the team are, or any way of telling them that Mack is not coming out. They now need to make a choice of getting out themselves or waiting aimlessly in the enemy base for Mack to wake up, which he isn't.

quote:

You can wake them up from the outside (which is what the agents want to do to wake up Daisy and Jemma) but they don't have access to the rest of the team. If they could find them and get in without any problems they would. But they're wanted fugitives besides other stuff.
If you wake them up from the outside improperly you fry their brains. This was stated when Jemma and Daisy went in, it's why they needed their exit thing. Aida shut that down. As far as Aida was concerned the only way out was at the source via the machines linking them in. The backdoor was a way round this.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, is next week the season finale?

• Locked thread