Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar posted:

The way this thread tends to talk about D&D they'd say Mao was 70% good 30% bad and catch a week's probation for it.
Ok, let's see how this goes.

Edit:

That virgin is really trying her best. I told her my rule of no virgins, and despite fully admitting she is a virgin, she now is saying she is not.

I refuse.

Edit:

Haier fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Haier you are doing the right thing.

tell her you have some kinda diease that makes virgins fat. or something

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39801555

drat

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://i.imgur.com/RLhoSZs.gifv

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Does an explanation follow?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Chinese biathlon. 50m alley run followed by the toddler toss.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Now, normally I try to refrain from using the words 'subhuman behaviour' to describe anything but ISIS-level poo poo, but the temptation's growin' awful fierce.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Boiled Water posted:

Time traveler vs future Mao.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Boiled Water posted:

Somebody lost too much face, decided to duke it out, but the aunties beat his rear end and he had to run. To regain some face, he tossed their toddler. By 2020...

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Boiled Water posted:

Not that I know of.

JaucheCharly posted:

Somebody lost too much face, decided to duke it out, but the aunties beat his rear end and he had to run. To regain some face, he tossed their toddler. By 2020...
I saw an article today about some old Russian lady that was like the Nostradamus of her time, and one of her predictions was that China was going to take over the world and I LOL'd and closed the page.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Found it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2618797/Watch-The-shocking-moment-man-throws-neighbour-s-baby-air-argument-water-heater.html

quote:

A one-year-old has been seriously injured in China after being thrown into the air by his neighbour.

Cheng Wang, 38, threw the child during an argument over a water heater in Xinji township, leaving him with multiple fractures.

The argument started when Wang caught his neighbour's nine-year-old son, Lei, throwing stones at the solar panels attached to his water heater.

Wang went next door to confront his neighbour, Meng Tuan, 30, but found he was in the middle of a large family celebration for his brother's 40th birthday.

However the partygoers, who witnesses say had been drinking, didn't take kindly to the interruption and began insulting Wang.

They laughed at him and threatened him. He was pushed, shoved and finally slapped. Feeling cornered, Cheng ran and, in a bid to divert attention from himself, grabbed the child and threw him into the air.

'We do not consider it an act of pre-meditated violence, but it was an assault,' said a police spokesman.

'This man was feeling threatened and looking for a way out. Unfortunately, the innocent baby was seriously injured as a result.'

The baby suffered multiple fractures and was taken to hospital. At first doctors feared for his life but later he was declared out of danger.

The police spokesman added that Cheng was under arrest along with the family of the baby, who are facing a probe for assault and criminal damage.
Kek

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lol how did you find a baby throwing video where both sides are bad

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...%B3%B5%EC%82%AC

quote:

Hk people are just sad losers, they thought they were superior, richer, more cultured and better than their Chinese counterparts where they would visit the mainland to enjoy the cheap benefits on offer and then rush back to hk. Over the years the tables have turned where it's the mainlanders going to hk for the cheap goods, being richer and the Hong mongers can't stand it.
*Posted by a 21-year-old Canadian-born kid with lots of "parental support" who has never lived in China*

Edit:

quote:

A 20 year old 'activist' protesting in the name of democracy should be translated as 'I want a decent job, I want the privilege of being a HKer over mainlanders'. That's the true message.
Hahaha. Everything comes back to money with the locusts.

Haier fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 4, 2017

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
He probably could have gotten away if he hadn't stopped to throw the baby. Maybe he figured revenge was more important than his own safety?

On something traffic related, I noticed people here entirely INSIST on cutting in FRONT of pedestrians crossing the street rather than behind them. One highschool kid riding his scooter almost ran into the curb of the central divider as he made every effort possible to pass in FRONT of me. Even though I was, like, three feet from the curb by the time he finally accomplished this. IDGI.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
I like that when they are waiting to cross the road they just stop as soon as they get to the crossing. This means people going left stand on the right, and people going right stand on the left so that when the crossing light goes green all these idiots are trying to go through each other. Also people will always try and push their way to the front, eventually ending up with people completely blocking the first land of the road. The people who do this are always the slowest moving ones and when the light turns green they stand and stare at it for 10 seconds before realising its green so the people they just pushed their way pass now have to shove back of them. When people shove in front of me at the lights now I just walk into the back of them and tread on the backs of their shoes until they get out of the way.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

To be fair, assuming a pedestrian in China will do anything rational is an awfully big assumption. There's been numerous times on my bike when I've almost hit people crossing in front of me because I plot a path that will take me behind them, assuming they continue in a forward motion.

What inevitably happens is that as I approach, somewhere deep in their bubble of obliviousness they finally register my presence, and abruptly look up (usually from being buried in their cellphones) and freeze, deer-in-the-headlights style. If they just kept walking it would be fine, but instead I'm suddenly bearing down on a jaywalking idiot who has frozen directly in the path of my bike, with only a few meters to react.

I've finally started doing like scooter guy and cutting front of pedestrians if at all possible, that way I only have to worry about hitting them if they suddenly start jogging or something.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 4, 2017

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Those Great Wall pics looked awesome. I was talking with a friend about hiking the other day and I was trying to remember a story (I think I read here) about some kid meaning to hike the Great Wall and went pretty far out with like 2L of water and almost died. It's like a total wilderness after you go so far, right?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Little Balls posted:

I like that when they are waiting to cross the road they just stop as soon as they get to the crossing. This means people going left stand on the right, and people going right stand on the left so that when the crossing light goes green all these idiots are trying to go through each other. Also people will always try and push their way to the front, eventually ending up with people completely blocking the first land of the road. The people who do this are always the slowest moving ones and when the light turns green they stand and stare at it for 10 seconds before realising its green so the people they just pushed their way pass now have to shove back of them. When people shove in front of me at the lights now I just walk into the back of them and tread on the backs of their shoes until they get out of the way.

lol

robotsinmyhead posted:

Those Great Wall pics looked awesome. I was talking with a friend about hiking the other day and I was trying to remember a story (I think I read here) about some kid meaning to hike the Great Wall and went pretty far out with like 2L of water and almost died. It's like a total wilderness after you go so far, right?

Yeah you can definitely get pretty far out there if ya like

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Earlier this week I was crossing the street in the morning. A guy on his ninja bike is speeding towards me from the right. But there's plenty of distance between us and I'm walking at a lively pace. If we keep doing exactly what we're doing, there's no need for him to slow down or change course. What does he do? He drifts towards the side of the road I'm trying to reach, guaranteeing that I'm in his way for longer. Seeing this, I have to run in order to avoid getting hit by him. When he sees me running towards the other side of the road, he drifts back to the center of the road where he was to begin with. WTF

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

very clever with maracas posted:

Oh and my last apartment, on the fourth floor, had three-inch long black worms that would crawl out of all the drainage pipes (and i THINK, but not sure) each night and make it halfway across the floor in the kitchen/my bedroom until the airco dried them out and they died. You'd find 4 dead shrivelled up, dried out black worms all over the floor each morning.

https://youtu.be/qGoYpZ5JVQ8?t=50m08s

There's a reason you couldn't get rid of them - they weren't coming from the drains at all!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Escape Addict posted:

What manner of beast is this three-inch sewer worm? Is it some kind of sewage-eating earthworm? A piss-drinking leech? A sewer slug?

Worst dick names ever.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Ups_rail posted:

Haier you are doing the right thing.

tell her you have some kinda diease that makes virgins fat. or something

Not sleeping with chinese virgins you don't intend to have a serious relationship with seems like a pretty good rule as far as rules like that go. About on the level of not sleeping with still-pious Jehovah Witness/Amish virgins.

China does have the second highest age of losing virginity in the world for a reason.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
The reverse osmosis machine in my neighbourhood had a dodgy tap(I'm not sure what it's called, where the water comes out) for ages so the water would spray everywhere when you used it. A week or so ago they fixed it and put a new one on. I just went to get some water and someone has already stolen it. I'm not sure what you'd even do with it, it's not the type you could use at home...

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Jimmy Little Balls posted:

The reverse osmosis machine in my neighbourhood had a dodgy tap(I'm not sure what it's called, where the water comes out) for ages so the water would spray everywhere when you used it. A week or so ago they fixed it and put a new one on. I just went to get some water and someone has already stolen it. I'm not sure what you'd even do with it, it's not the type you could use at home...

prc rats but its pronounced 'perk rats' so it still kinda sounds like 'pack rats' thus ensuring he validity of the joke

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

lol how did you find a baby throwing video where both sides are bad

babies are 70% good, 30% bad

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JaucheCharly posted:

Greatest post in the thread.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

5,000 years of History in Plun'Qing by 2020

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

True.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Was this picture taken in a Chinese toilet? And if not, why is she standing in a puddle?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Cultural preservation, morality and order. They might have gone all the way and put cleanlyness in there.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I like how superstition, repression, hypocrisy, and inequality are on the US side. :allears:

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
By 2020 in the machine elf reality:

Buy this at the local herbal medicine shop with the billions of bottles full of old roots and leaves:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.13.XXi3Ek&id=544748441361&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

Combine it with this, preferably purchased at another medicine shop:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.3.lfyPjG&id=545540912088&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

Grind up. Measure. Boil for a bit separately in hot water. Strain. Drink the harmala first, wait 30 minutes, and then drink acacia. Lay down and have your ego death legally, because you just made Formosahuasca (Best China ayahuasca drink).

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12190

Can someone please make this as TCM for an aunty? At least the acacia alone when brewed will give someone a trip.

Would going on a DMT in your room in a Chinese megacity throw you into some sort of hellish deadzone for 30 minutes?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

McGavin posted:

I like how superstition, repression, hypocrisy, and inequality are on the US side. :allears:

I did a reverse image search and I'm pretty sure it was made ironically.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Haier posted:

Would going on a DMT in your room in a Chinese megacity throw you into some sort of hellish deadzone for 30 minutes?

What's the next level? Psychedelia in an actual warzone?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Haier posted:

By 2020 in the machine elf reality:

Buy this at the local herbal medicine shop with the billions of bottles full of old roots and leaves:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.13.XXi3Ek&id=544748441361&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

Combine it with this, preferably purchased at another medicine shop:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.3.lfyPjG&id=545540912088&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

Grind up. Measure. Boil for a bit separately in hot water. Strain. Drink the harmala first, wait 30 minutes, and then drink acacia. Lay down and have your ego death legally, because you just made Formosahuasca (Best China ayahuasca drink).

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12190

Can someone please make this as TCM for an aunty? At least the acacia alone when brewed will give someone a trip.

And here people are saying TCM is all superstition and placebo.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TCM might be more effective than what the Americans might not be getting.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Please refrain from commenting on the unnamed country until you reveal your 5 piece suit.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I don't want to see the suit. Don't post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the tailor gave me much extra fabric on the arms, very good deal

• Locked thread