Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blue Train posted:

Rape fantasies are super common

v. problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It is weird how rape fantasies are more acceptable for women to have. A guy fantasizing about raping women would be a walking red flag.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Leon Einstein posted:

It is weird how rape fantasies are more acceptable for women to have. A guy fantasizing about raping women would be a walking red flag.

They just call it hardcore BDSM to make it more socially acceptable.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

That's a raper fantasy which is different

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

new phone who dis posted:

They just call it hardcore BDSM to make it more socially acceptable.

It's called noncon jeez

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

It ought to be a huge-rear end red flag for a woman to have it either.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Leon Einstein posted:

A woman who fantasized about raping woman would also be a walking red flag. It's a raper-rapee distinction.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I fantasize about an exciting long term relationship with someone reasonable and maybe sorta consistent?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

It ought to be a huge-rear end red flag for a woman to have it either.

Agreed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Elsa posted:

I fantasize about an exciting long term relationship with someone reasonable and maybe sorta consistent?

We know you are incel

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Blue Train posted:

Rape fantasies are super common

And they start at a shockingly young age in my experience. The first (and only) girl I've had sex with that told me about a rape fantasy was at like 16 or 17? It really threw me off and made me uncomfortable.

Also why do I keep finding age gap stories
Ny boyfriend [22M] of 3 months and I [16F] are being threatened w/ legal action from my family.

quote:

I'll try not to make this a wall of text, but chances aren't likely - sorry!!
I've always dated older guys, it's never been an issue, but for whatever reason my parents just really hate my boyfriend Andrew. Andrew drinks and goes out to party sometimes, but he's not extreme by any means. Occasionally, I will drink with him at a bar or go to a party with him. For people aged 15+ this isn't uncommon where I live, people get started going out pretty young in a big city. At first, my parents told me not to even see my boyfriend. They refused to meet him and flat-out told me that I had to stop seeing him. This was only when we'd been together "officially" for about a week.
Naturally, I did not listen them and continued to see him secretly, which led to me lying to them quite a bit about who I was with and where I was. I will be candid in this post in saying that during this time period Andrew and I had sex (which won't be legal until I turn 17 where I live) and participated in alcohol use/drug use. These behaviors (sex, drugs, alcohol, etc) are things that I've had experience with and could partake in if I chose to with other friends my own age, so it wasn't as if he was exposing them to me. So anyways, a little over two months goes by and we're seeing each other secretly. Everything is wonderful, no complaints, etc but one day I get home and my parents FREAK OUT on me. They read everything in my journal and my dad hired a private investigator to make sure that I wasn't seeing Andrew. Basically they find out that we've been spending all this time together and that we've slept together and partied a lot and done drugs and stuff.
My dad meets with Andrew without me there and basically tells him that he can't contact me or see me until my 17th birthday, to which Andrew asks if at some point he'll be able to talk to me. My dad says that MAYBE at some point he'll allow us to speak and hang out before my birthday. If he does contact me or see me, my dad would go to the police and get him arrested on statutory rape charges. My dad at this point was more upset about the drug use (cocaine, molly) than us having sex. Alex resolved to quit using drugs and I did too, because we both my dad's approval.
Like a day later, we end up on talking on Snapchat. We still decide it would be too risky to meet up, but we are back in communication. Eventually I pull an all-nighter and meet up with him at like 5am in Times Square. After that day, we start hanging out and talking again like normal, completely ignoring my dad. We were pretty stupid about it too because we called each other a lot and my dad saw his number on the phone bill.
So today I get home from school and my dad is furious at me. He sends Andrew this text message and basically says that if he EVER contacts me again before I reach the age of consent he will press charges and file for a restraining order. So obviously not an hour later does Andrew message me on Facebook. I ask him what the deal is and he says that I'm worth it, we'll figure it out, we just have to be careful, etc.
I'm just wondering how we should proceed. Andrew made a good point in that I turn 17 in less than six months, and it would take months for a civil action suit to be put in place anyways. However, I really love and care about him (I've had 2+ year relationships that haven't come close to the amount of love I have for this guy) and I don't want him to get in any trouble. At the same time, I really love and care about him and the idea of not talking to or seeing him for 5-6 months is absolutely HEARTBREAKING.
What should I do? How can I fix this? Are there any loopholes to this law? (I couldn't care less about my relationship with my parents - they have ruined it beyond repair already).
TL;DR: I'm dating a guy and it's illegal for us to have sex. My dad doesn't like him, found out we've had sex, and is continuously threatening to prosecute him unless I cut off contact w/ him till I'm legal to consent.

Comments

quote:

I'd like to know exactly what the hell is wrong with this adult man that makes him so desperate to cling to a 16 year old girl. Red flags abound here.

OP posted:

Firstly, I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult my boyfriend, because I posed this question to this community in a respectful manner and would like that same respect and courtesy given to me. You don't have to agree with me, but I wouldn't immediately jump to conclusions saying that "something is wrong with him." Secondly, to add to that, nothing is wrong with him. He's always been in very healthy relationships with people in his age group 20 - 25. When I met him, he was under the impression that I was older than I was and didn't find out my actual age until after we'd gone on a date. Once he found out, he tried to break things off but eventually decided against it because he wanted to take the risk. As far as large age gaps and taboo relationships go, he's been as non-creepy and non-threatening as anybody can get - and trust me, I dated a guy his age at 13 who was nothing but red flags. I know the difference after that.

Also holy loving poo poo, I went to her profile and she has started so many threads it's insane. She also looks like the kind of girl that would date a way older guy, so take that as you will.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Elsa posted:

pervert

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe, and this is just a wild notion from a flagrant sex-hating conservative hyperchristian victorian prudebot, we have gone too far in communicating to people that their sex weirds are actually sex hoorays and we are witnessing the downsides of telling people that wanting flag poles in their butts and to rape are in fact natural and good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Family should drop ultimatums and just prosecute.

Theres no joke, just, goddamn do it.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Pick posted:

Maybe, and this is just a wild notion from a flagrant sex-hating conservative hyperchristian victorian prudebot, we have gone too far in communicating to people that their sex weirds are actually sex hoorays and we are witnessing the downsides of telling people that wanting flag poles in their butts and to rape are in fact natural and good.

Idk if this is part of your shtick or not, but it is probably the truest thing I've seen you post yet.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Once you get old enough you realize most of the people you dated in the past with extreme kinks weren't exciting or adventurous, they were just mentally hosed up and re-enacting whatever abuse made them that way in the first place.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

(MN) Deadly plants VS. teenagers? (self.legaladvice)

quote:

Hello reddit. I live in northern MN in the middle of nowhere and have for the past decade. For most of that time I've kept a garden of dangerous plants. These are plants that when eaten or in some cases touched can cause coma and death. They are a hobby of mine. Most of these plants can be found growing naturally in north america. I've kept this garden for a long time with no issues.

I live off a dirt road that has 3 other houses a decent distance away and have never had problems, however a new family moved in next door and they have a teenager. I've caught the teenager on my property twice and I'm worried he will do something stupid and touch my garden. My garden has a fence around it but also has an unlocked gate. The first time I found the teen on my property I told him to leave and got a lock for my gate, but if you wanted you could climb over it, the fence is mainly there to stop animals. The second time I found him on my property I put up a sign in my garden saying "Deadly plants, do NOT touch/eat".
My questions are, what should I do next? I was thinking of talking to his parents but I'm not sure. Also, if he did have something happened to him because he touched/ate my plants, would I be liable? Thank you!

EDIT: I will go talk to his parents and I'll change the sign to say poisonous instead of deadly like someone suggested. I'm not going to show them around my garden because I don't really want the kid anywhere near it but I'll let them know some of the plants I'm growing and what it can do to you and I'll record it like was also suggested. I'll also ask he just stay off my property in general too I think. Thank you everyone for your input.

Also the plants I have are: Wolfs Bane, Nightshade, Birthwort (Aristoloca), Water Hemlock (Cicuta) and White Snakeroot. If you eat any of them they will kill you with symptoms such as: nausea, vomiting, uncontrollable shaking, hallucinations and delirium, coma and finally death. Only 5 Nightshade berries can kill you in less than 2 hours. If anyone has questions about this stuff send me a message I love to talk about this.

This guy is in training to be a supervillain

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

wanting flag poles in their butts

If this is unnatural then call me yellow #5

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

if someone tells me to put on nothing but a ski mask and go to town unless they say beetlejuice three times, it's not rape they want, it's cosplay

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

maskenfreiheit posted:

if someone tells me to put on nothing but a ski mask and go to town unless they say beetlejuice three times, it's not rape they want, it's cosplay

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
You know that girl thinks she's sooo mature. This girl has a bad creepometer if no alarms went off when she was 13 and dating a guy in his 20s.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nazzadan posted:

And they start at a shockingly young age in my experience. The first (and only) girl I've had sex with that told me about a rape fantasy was at like 16 or 17? It really threw me off and made me uncomfortable.

Also why do I keep finding age gap stories
Ny boyfriend [22M] of 3 months and I [16F] are being threatened w/ legal action from my family.

Comments

Also holy loving poo poo, I went to her profile and she has started so many threads it's insane. She also looks like the kind of girl that would date a way older guy, so take that as you will.

The number one reason women fantasize about rape is because they want sex, but have been told by society that they are worthless whores who will burn in hell if they want sex. So they imagine that they have no choice but to have sex, they remain "good girls" and still get to imagine the sex act. It's a way of justifying it to themselves. I think it would be more common in younger women who haven't grown up and realized what they actually want out of sex and relationships.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

purple death ray posted:

The number one reason women fantasize about rape is because they want sex, but have been told by society that they are worthless whores who will burn in hell if they want sex. So they imagine that they have no choice but to have sex, they remain "good girls" and still get to imagine the sex act. It's a way of justifying it to themselves. I think it would be more common in younger women who haven't grown up and realized what they actually want out of sex and relationships.

I always knew you were holding something back

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

Once you get old enough you realize most of the people you dated in the past with extreme kinks weren't exciting or adventurous, they were just mentally hosed up and re-enacting whatever abuse made them that way in the first place.

TBH I was never at a point in my life where I thought someone wanting to be pooped on wasn't weird, gross, and indicative that they're hosed in the head

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm a kinkshame lifestyler

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

kinkshaming (everything about it)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

purple death ray posted:

Hot af

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

TBH I was never at a point in my life where I thought someone wanting to be pooped on wasn't weird, gross, and indicative that they're hosed in the head

What about piss

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beekeeping and You posted:

(MN) Deadly plants VS. teenagers? (self.legaladvice)

Dear Reddit,

Some crazed man with severe psychological issues relentless stalks me. Every time I move he eventually tracks me down and tries to get me thrown into pyschiatric care despite him being the insane one. I am currently growing a variety of deadly poisons that i plan to smear on my collection of vintage movie props, in an effort to finally stop him. How do I tell my roommate politely to not touch my plants while they are growing?

Thanks.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

A woman who fantasized about raping woman would also be a walking red flag. It's a raper-rapee distinction.

What if the woman fantasizes about raping men?

purple death ray posted:

A lot of rape fantasies are incredibly 'sanitized' (if that's a word we could use here) and resemble the dubious consent sex scenes of bodice-ripping Romance novels, not the kind of rape that happens in reality.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dienes posted:

What if the woman fantasizes about raping men?

I knew a girl like this. She uh, couldnt find any men in college who would agree because when men hear "get raped" there are 0 bodice ripper fantasies in their heads and millions of extremely hosed up things.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dienes posted:

A lot of rape fantasies are incredibly 'sanitized' (if that's a word we could use here) and resemble the dubious consent sex scenes of bodice-ripping Romance novels, not the kind of rape that happens in reality.

and then there's Supernatural noncon dog dick oviposition and vore and now we're full circle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

I once saw a guy, maybe on this site, defend hentai by saying that in 99% of cases, the woman being raped comes to enjoy it, and that it's really a fantasy about being able to break down her ~barriers~

And I just thought, then why isn't your fantasy about making a woman comfortable enough with you that she wants to have sex with you. like is that just tooooooo crazy.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Barudak posted:

I knew a girl like this. She uh, couldnt find any men in college who would agree because when men hear "get raped" there are 0 bodice ripper fantasies in their heads and millions of extremely hosed up things.

they all said no so they were exactly who she was looking for?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Elsa posted:

they all said no so they were exactly who she was looking for?

lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

men only get raped in prison and only in the rear end, and then they deserve it because they are devious criminals who must be punished

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
95% of fetishes these days seem to be "i have bad self-esteem: the sexual experience". 4% are "i am a narcissist" and the last tragic 1% are "i saw a video of a woman washing socks at exactly the wrong moment in my sexual development"

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [20s M] with my girlfriend [20s F] ~3 years, she does not approve of a hobby of mine

quote:

My girlfriend thinks mechanical keyboards are a waste of money.
I had been wanting one for ~3 years, and my sister last Christmas gifted a relatively cheap one (~60$) to me (with my girlfriend's consent. She later told me she only told me yes because I insisted so much about it).
My girlfriend was upset because she still thought it was money wasted, even as a gift. She now does not mention this, but I know she still resents it, even though it ended up being totally worth it to me because it is a nice keyboard that I use every day, and I find it better than a standard 10$ keyboard.
I would like to get an "add-on" for the keyboard (new colored keys). They are very cheap when compared with how much a set would usually cost (20$, sets usually cost between 50$ and 200$). When I told my girlfriend about this she got upset and told me she still thought it was a waste of money, that we don't afford it, etc.
We are both studying for a bachelor's, she is working and I am doing an internship in my field because it is a difficult field to enter with no previous experience. Both her and my parents are supporting us financially (edit: I meant my parents and her parents are supporting us, not that she is paying for my share of the bills).
We both have hobbies (music and programming for me, painting and crafts for her) we spend money on, and she never complained about any of mine (and I never complained about hers either). I thought a mechanical keyboard would be no different, but for some reason she is mad about this.
I would like to get the new keys because after 3 months using the keyboard daily I have been very happy about it and I would not mind "investing" 20$ to make it prettier.
Could you give me an outside perspective on this?
tl;dr: girlfriend does not approve of a hobby of mine, even though I am paying for it out of my pocket and it is a reasonable expense when compared to other hobbies we both spend money on. How can I solve this?

Let your boyfriend spend 20 bucks on his keyboard, you ladysperg.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

purple death ray posted:

or simply enjoy an ocassional dominant partner, but can't manage to grasp the distinction between "dominant partner who i've set up a safe word and limits with" and "rape"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

95% of fetishes these days seem to be "i have bad self-esteem: the sexual experience". 4% are "i am a narcissist" and the last tragic 1% are "i saw a video of a woman washing socks at exactly the wrong moment in my sexual development"

I want a t-shirt that says this.