Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The new event is Tukayyid. They've been saying it pretty unsubtly for a couple weeks now.

It's too bad because they hosed up CW really badly. Whether you thought CW was fun in the past or not, it was at least different, and awesome to have an attack/defend asymmetrical game mode, something different from the normal game.

But now CW is just Quick Play But Worse, it's the same experience as normal gameplay but with 25 minutes of spawn camping too, because that's definitely what was missing from the normal gameplay experience. Now there's no reason to play CW instead of playing it when I wanted something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Is invasion not the CW thing anymore?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's the quick play game modes with four spawns and mech restrictions any time the planet is contested, i.e. any time the points aren't 80%+ in one direction or the other. The practical effect of that is you never get to play the invasion game mode, it's just the quickplay stuff almost always.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Well, that's hideous. Like, the #1 thing this game needs is more modes. Quick play is fun, but after 100+ hours there's only so much it can offer.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My favourite thing about invasion is sitting around for ten minutes while it attempts to find a match.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Pretty sure it's been almost a year since I last did CW. If you get the right group of drunk idiots playing with RiperSnifle recording the antics, it was okay.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
how many times are they going to loving do Tukayyid?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

how many times are they going to loving do Tukayyid?

I think this is the third?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Good CW matches are great, but they're rare. Think of how often stomps happen when you are doing QP queues, and then imagine that instead of just having it end with a quick and mostly painless slaughter you are dropped again into the same game three more times. That's the big problem with it imo. If there was an actual functional matchmaker then I would honestly be playing CW more than QP, because respawning and getting to play multiple mechs is pretty cool, but getting actual good games is so rare that it's better just to get volume of games out of QP.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I love incursion because it let's you build your match mode multiplier super easy. People don't even fake vote for it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Commoners posted:

Good CW matches are great, but they're rare. Think of how often stomps happen when you are doing QP queues, and then imagine that instead of just having it end with a quick and mostly painless slaughter you are dropped again into the same game three more times. That's the big problem with it imo. If there was an actual functional matchmaker then I would honestly be playing CW more than QP, because respawning and getting to play multiple mechs is pretty cool, but getting actual good games is so rare that it's better just to get volume of games out of QP.

Agreed, I would play CW if I didn't have to wait 25 minutes for each game. Also the IS vs. Clan "balance" is much more pronounced in CW since you can only use IS mechs and get to face only clan mechs, hope you like getting sniped.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The Repo Man posted:

I love incursion because it let's you build your match mode multiplier super easy. People don't even fake vote for it.

You can also end it super quick if you're in a quick-ish mech. A fast rush along the edge of the map will gut the enemy base quickly about 2 times in 3. I do mean quick-ish - I've done this in 70kph Marauder IICs to end the game with the score sitting in the low single digits of casualties on each side.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Is there a Bushwacker build that isn't poo poo? I like chicken walker mechs.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

Is there a Bushwacker build that isn't poo poo? I like chicken walker mechs.

Ask Rysith. He's the Bushwhacker Whisperer.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skoll posted:

Ask Rysith. He's the Bushwhacker Whisperer.

he said he puts LRMs on one of them FRAUD ALERT

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

he said he puts LRMs on one of them FRAUD ALERT

We've all been running LRMs the past couple days. Do you not like 500k cbill matches?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skoll posted:

We've all been running LRMs the past couple days. Do you not like 500k cbill matches?

this is the last thing youll see if I catch you running lurms, remember what happened to that guy on crimson river

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

this is the last thing youll see if I catch you running lurms, remember what happened to that guy on crimson river

My LURM 30 Thunderbolt laughs at your Stalker, from high on his mountain!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Skoll posted:

LURM 30 Thunderbolt

Mods? MODS?!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I once saw a Spirit Bear running LRM20 and an LBX20 and I was able to just shoot him in the CT over and over in a vindicator while staying still and killed him.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I was running this and getting so many cbills. A lot of it was thanks to our narc hellbringer but with quirks and the module it absolutely shits out missiles. 37.5 faster cool down is pretty neat.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=12&l=dc7ee04f0f7e8725b432444d1931b06a7f2d7810

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TjyvTompa posted:

jokes on you, nothing goes that slow

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hope you like faction warfare: https://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=201705tuk

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

I once saw a Spirit Bear running LRM20 and an LBX20 and I was able to just shoot him in the CT over and over in a vindicator while staying still and killed him.

This one makes me extra sad because the only reason to pay the premium for the Spirit Bear to so you can have the best Brawler in the game. Plenty of mechs, even heroes, can boat lurms, but nothing gives murder hugs like the SB.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

This one makes me extra sad because the only reason to pay the premium for the Spirit Bear to so you can have the best Brawler in the game. Plenty of mechs, even heroes, can boat lurms, but nothing gives murder hugs like the SB.

You have a weird way of spelling Atlas AS7-S.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 5, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I like being able to go faster than 5kph. Part of being the best at brawling is the ability to get in range sometime before the heat death of the universe, so I'll take MASC over the extra structure quirks any day.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

For playing a mode that is the equivalent of hitting your dick with a hammer those rewards are poo poo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

I like being able to go faster than 5kph. Part of being the best at brawling is the ability to get in range sometime before the heat death of the universe, so I'll take MASC over the extra structure quirks any day.

Sounds like you suck at Atlasing, friend.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Coming back to the game after years of being away because a friend recently got into it. With 11 million c-bills and 13 million MC from founders package that I never ended up using, what is the pay to win hotness I should look into buying? Or is the player base still bad enough that I will win if I can actually position properly and aim?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Coming back to the game after years of being away because a friend recently got into it. With 11 million c-bills and 13 million MC from founders package that I never ended up using, what is the pay to win hotness I should look into buying? Or is the player base still bad enough that I will win if I can actually position properly and aim?

Are you SURE you have 13 million MC?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah, starting some scouting tomorrow/tonight. (clans are going to rule this one) Also looks like it is based around match score so technically we only need to win scouting matches to get things. They already know clans are a mess.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 5, 2017

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Or is the player base still bad enough that I will win if I can actually position properly and aim?

The playerbase will never be good enough to stop this from being a viable strategy.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Skoll posted:

Are you SURE you have 13 million MC?

I'm sorry, you're right. I have 13 billion MC.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Buy everything in game then and write on the Brown Sea how you own the most mechs.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raged posted:

For playing a mode that is the equivalent of hitting your dick with a hammer those rewards are poo poo.

Boy you aren't kidding.

Like a free mech might have gotten me to bother but lol not any of this.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I haven't played FW proper in a while. Its really that bad huh?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

I haven't played FW proper in a while. Its really that bad huh?

Worse.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
A banner and a warhorn?? :effort:

edit oh yeah personal awards

a supply key? lmao

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Click the tabs at the top; it's like 700 MC, 7 days premium, mechbays, and other poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah ok thats a little better but I'd probably have to spend more than that to just get a decent IS drop deck :/

• Locked thread