Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

a bone to pick posted:

I have added every single RLM video into a playlist along with AVGN, JonTron (gasp), Jaboody dubs, honest trailers, Robot Chicken, Vsauce, and some other channels. So whenever I get bored I just put that playlist on random and have instant free entertainment.

I think its tacky to complain about this endless trash content.

Cool playlist. What kind of clockwork orange style eyeball holding apparatus do you use?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Georg Rockall-Schmidt is a good movie talker man. I don't agree with what films he likes, but his deconstructions and examinations are pretty swell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWM3ElV4pNc

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The only non RLM person I watch on youtube is Jenny who was linked in this thread many months ago. She's usually got clever things to say about movies in her videos. I recently discovered she's also hosting some god awful drek on another channel, and gave it a watch. It's exactly the kind of garbage that Nerd Crew is making fun of and I'm really sad and disappointed about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come nostalgia critic still records on a webcam from 2008. he's a millionaire.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

The only non RLM person I watch on youtube is Jenny who was linked in this thread many months ago. She's usually got clever things to say about movies in her videos. I recently discovered she's also hosting some god awful drek on another channel, and gave it a watch. It's exactly the kind of garbage that Nerd Crew is making fun of and I'm really sad and disappointed about it.

Yeah, Screen Junkies is basically another Collider. I hope she keeps doing her own thing, because her analysis is fantastic.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

the only youtube person I would make fun of you for watching is the nostalgia critic, that guy is embarassing

Me personally, I'm a big fan of The Amazing Atheist

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah but are her tatas as big as mikes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I watched one of the older half in the bags and I honestly don't recognize slim Mike at all.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I watched one of the older half in the bags and I honestly don't recognize slim Mike at all.

Mike has never been "slim"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
YouTube recommended an old RLM video tome yesterday called GameStation 2.0, which I didn't even know was a thing, and Rich looks like an almost entirely different person.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

haha i just watched gamestation 2.0 recently. i think it was good and probably better than prerec. ive only ever watched one prerec so i dont know for sure

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

THe best part of gamestation was mike berating my beutiful boy rich eveans

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't care about ComicBookGirl19's regular reviews, but her comic book movie reviews and the special episodes where she does massively in depth histories of comic books are loving fantastic.

She's a living encyclopedia of Marvel and DC bullshit but isn't a complete loving spazmotron so listening to her talk about the vital role of so-and-so in the larger universe is actually entertaining.

e: and she had the third best Beavis: Dawn of Justice review, behind #2 Half in the Bag and #1 Rich Evans on Previously Recorded bitching about it for 2 hours

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 4, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is she hot?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rich Evans? Yes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Are we recommending Youtube channels? Because I also like Ashens and Jim Sterling

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Sterling suuuuucks. He says unoriginal poo poo everyone else does but does it in a British accent with swears and then says "I am an industry whistleblower, no one else would date say these things" All while dressing like a Nazi. He makes Rich Evans look like Rico Suave.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come nostalgia critic still records on a webcam from 2008. he's a millionaire.

He's the nostalgia critic, not the contemporary critic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Subscribe to Rob Ager and buy insightful movie analysis videos on his website.
http://www.collativelearning.com/

Yours truly,
Definitely not Rob Ager

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Rob Ager is CineD, the youtube channel.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

parallelodad posted:

Jim Sterling suuuuucks. He says unoriginal poo poo everyone else does but does it in a British accent with swears and then says "I am an industry whistleblower, no one else would date say these things" All while dressing like a Nazi. He makes Rich Evans look like Rico Suave.

Yea I can't stand him.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oberleutnant posted:

Rob Ager is CineD, the youtube channel.

Except he's right about things.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jim Sterling is a tubby dipshit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't do this for click bait, you see I have no ads on my channel! Now quick, subscribe to my patreon so I can bash the easy targets you don't like.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Actually if we're talking for serious about good youtubers this guy does amazing commentary on hows and whys of certain directors or editors, or trends in Hollywood, what makes them work on a technical level and that poo poo. He's real good and there's no awful gimmicks, just entertaining and informative explanations of moviemaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaQC-S8de8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Good" "youtubers"

:greencube:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oberleutnant posted:

Actually if we're talking for serious about good youtubers this guy does amazing commentary on hows and whys of certain directors or editors, or trends in Hollywood, what makes them work on a technical level and that poo poo. He's real good and there's no awful gimmicks, just entertaining and informative explanations of moviemaking:

Yea Every Frame a Painting is amazing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Oberleutnant posted:

His Jackie Chan one is probably my favorite, because it breaks down why his American produced movies suck without even having to rag on the other actors in them.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"Good" "youtubers"

:greencube:

RLM are YouTubers now. Sorry that Blip.tv or whatever doesn't exist anymore.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Is Jim Sterling the guy with colon cancer? I remember once calling some internet critic lovely and some people took umbrage with my choice of words.

Oberleutnant posted:

Great stuff, his "Vancouver never plays Vancouver" has made him locally famous.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Weirdo posted:

Is Jim Sterling the guy with colon cancer? I remember once calling some internet critic lovely and some people took umbrage with my choice of words.

It's TotalBiscuit. Jim loving Sterling, Son is good and fun (if a bit obsessed with steam greenlight shovelware).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Weirdo posted:

No, that's a different unfunny limey.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
More YouTube recommendations - this guy does a neat analysis of the geometry of the hotel in "The Shining" to show it's spatially impossible, and Kubrick was loving with us because of course he did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUIxXCCFWw

EDIT: actually this is just Rob Ager but another channel of his.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I can see why Sterling could get on people's nerves but I find it hard to be critical of him in the same way I can be about someone like Total Biscuit because he's so frank? I guess. He mocks his little stand and his full of him self persona. It's difficult for me to fault people like that than it is Collider types which are so sacrhine.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

KakerMix posted:

I can see why Sterling could get on people's nerves but I find it hard to be critical of him in the same way I can be about someone like Total Biscuit because he's so frank? I guess. He mocks his little stand and his full of him self persona. It's difficult for me to fault people like that than it is Collider types which are so sacrhine.

I just dont find him to be entertaining. :shrug:

I wont even mention his SJW stuff

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I find that he's just saying extremely obvious stuff most of the time with very little insider info but treats it like it's amazing news.

Also, if you're that fat, maybe don't be on camera directly?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WampaLord posted:

.Also, if you're that fat, maybe don't be on camera directly?

Do you want more Max Landis???

Cos this is how you get more Max Landis

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Lichtenstein posted:

It's TotalBiscuit. Jim loving Sterling, Son is good and fun (if a bit obsessed with steam greenlight shovelware).

Mordja posted:

No, that's a different unfunny limey.

Gotcha, a friend of mine was watching Mr Biscuit`s playthrough of Silent Hill 2 and apparently he spoils the plot to the game like 4 minutes into the game. I may not be a professional games player, but that seems like a lovely idea.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you're watching a play through of a game you're already having it spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you're watching a play through of a game you're already having it spoiled.

also you're probably missing your frontal lobe

• Locked thread