Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
Golgotha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I'm not going to bother reading any of the plans and just vote for the one whose name I like the most.

With that in mind, Wrestlemania '13

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yooper posted:

Remember Silent Bob

Someone tell the ground crews to write "For Bob!" on all the bombs for this op.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

So I'm probably a day or three later here but I made a thing; hosted at the most convenient domain I had available. I got tired of how often Baloogan's site fails to load (and how slow it is normally anyway) and CMANO-DB is missing what I want to see most of the time. This is a static dump of the basic stats for everything we own, ignoring the ground stuff. It's not every single stat because there's a ludicrous amount of numbers, but this should give you everything you need to plan a mission, including loadout munition quantities and ranges, as well as sustained/surge/quick rearm times. I could provide this as a CSV instead if people want to import it into a spreadsheet or something because I am too lazy to bother with google docs.

Units are minutes/nautical miles for everything I can figure out.

PS no I will not let go of tables, thank you very much. I'm a backend guy, gently caress CSS.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Golgotha

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

power crystals posted:

PS no I will not let go of tables, thank you very much. I'm a backend guy, gently caress CSS.

I hear ya man. CSS is by maniacs, for maniacs. The only frontend stuff I will do is webGL stuff.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Golgotha

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Golgotha

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Golgotha because I am actually somewhat concerned about the Dictators' "New" planes and I don't want surprise 4.5 gens getting into the air if we can help it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Gonna go with Operation Wrestlemania '13, because we should go big or go home.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
Golgotha

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I really want to put my vote behind Golgotha, but right now I think I'd like a general timeline of operations with that plan before I commit to a vote. All the other plans are either too conservative, or too daring.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Dreamsicle posted:

I really want to put my vote behind Golgotha, but right now I think I'd like a general timeline of operations with that plan before I commit to a vote. All the other plans are either too conservative, or too daring.

AND A MAP

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Dreamsicle posted:

Loel posted:

AND A MAP

I don't know how legible that is, but that's an approximate map of strike targets with a rough timetable as envisioned by GOLGOTHA. The times have to be approximate because there are two factors out of our control:

1) When will the Kfirs defect? And which path will they take--the green arrow (Maulange) or the pink one (Saurimo)? That will affect when MAGDALENE, AGATHON and PALE DEATH need to rearm, refuel, etc.

2) When will the SA-11 Battery (batteries) be spotted? The purple lines are roughly where the main highways are and where they might be spotted. That will affect when HELL RIDER is committed--if found early, HELL RIDER can then be used against other targets of opportunity.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Liontamer

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Golgotha

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Operation Liontamer

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
For people who've made plans: I'm happy to make a briefing video for you, if you'd like.

Let me know what talking points/key things you'd like me to hit. Also, if there's any maps or images you want me to add.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Just posting to say this thread made me join SA

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Dance Officer posted:

Just posting to say this thread made me join SA

So, you're going to be the "Dance Commander"?

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Bacarruda posted:

For people who've made plans: I'm happy to make a briefing video for you, if you'd like.

Let me know what talking points/key things you'd like me to hit. Also, if there's any maps or images you want me to add.

Is this only for plans likely to win, I know mine has the slim chance of winning but your briefing videos are top quality and I'd love to see one telling our pilots to go full war crimes mercenary. Priority would be maximum damage and maximum coverage. Either way I look forward to your next briefing.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Grizzwold posted:

I'm not going to bother reading any of the plans and just vote for the one whose name I like the most.

With that in mind, Wrestlemania '13

Kitfox88 posted:

Gonna go with Operation Wrestlemania '13, because we should go big or go home.

Welcome aboard, Thundermaniacs! Just a little note: it's Wrestlemania 13, not '13. Wrestlemania 13 took place in 1997 and it kinda sucked EXCEPT for the legendary submission match between the heel Stone Cold Steve Austin and babyface Bret "The Hitman" Hart, where the latter - after an epic struggle - managed to put a hold on Austin, who nevertheless refused to tap out and only lost when he passed out from pain and blood loss. However, Hart did not stop brutalising his now unconscious opponent, leading the crowd to turn away from him and start cheering for Stone Cold. These were two of the greatest face/heel turns in wrestling history, and that they both happened in a single match is a rare example of a successful - and spectacularly so - double turn.

The 2013 Wrestlemania (Wrestlemania 29) featured a main event between John Cena and The Rock and who cares about John Cena vs The Rock

(it was also hilarious in that it was a repeat of the 2012 main event, which was billed "Once in a lifetime")

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Golgotha

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Bacarruda posted:

Pretty sure everybody wants that for whoever wins, they've been great :)

I didn't bother drawing up a map for mine because I figured a giant arrow pointing at the armor group would not have added much, since that plan only really does the one thing. Maybe I'll draw one up anyway if Liontamer is chosen just for that reason.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Hey, this is not necessarily relevant to this planning phase, but how are the AIM 120's carried on the phantoms? Do they occupy the same slot as a sidewinder would? If they do, can they be swapped out for Iris-T's? I know the Iris is way shorter range but the hit rate is much better and we might want to consider it for some missions.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Switching from Lion to Golgotha

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

Hey, this is not necessarily relevant to this planning phase, but how are the AIM 120's carried on the phantoms? Do they occupy the same slot as a sidewinder would? If they do, can they be swapped out for Iris-T's? I know the Iris is way shorter range but the hit rate is much better and we might want to consider it for some missions.

I think it has more to do with targeting computers, electronics, etc. Unless you can find a DB entry that has one like that, then we can't switch it.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Yooper posted:

I think it has more to do with targeting computers, electronics, etc. Unless you can find a DB entry that has one like that, then we can't switch it.

Ahh, ok, thanks for clarifying.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cathode Raymond posted:

AIM-120s go on fuselage pylons where the Sparrows used to go, Sidewinders go on inner wing pylons. Theoretically it's possible to replace AIM-9s with IRIS-Ts for 4 x AIM-120B/4 x IRIS-T loadout.

[

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Cathode Raymond posted:

I'd rather miss four BVR shots then have to close to knife fight range before being able to take a shot. The IRIS' better accuracy doesn't mean poo poo if an R77 nails you at 25nm.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
We should send the dictator some flowers.

(And a voucher for a cruise missile. Free delivery.)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yes, we should totally do this in addition to everything else.

I knew what this was before I clicked. God, Jagged Alliance was great.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for Lion Tamer

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Just popping in to say the F-15 is great. My dad helped program the missile computer for the E variant back in the 80s.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Just popping in to say the F-15 is great. My dad helped program the missile computer for the E variant back in the 80s.

So what you are saying is that if we get some, and then miss every shot, we know who to blame?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Zebrin posted:

So what you are saying is that if we get some, and then miss every shot, we know who to blame?

Maybe. They've probably upgraded since then. He programmed it on an 8080.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

I don't know how legible that is, but that's an approximate map of strike targets with a rough timetable as envisioned by GOLGOTHA. The times have to be approximate because there are two factors out of our control:

1) When will the Kfirs defect? And which path will they take--the green arrow (Maulange) or the pink one (Saurimo)? That will affect when MAGDALENE, AGATHON and PALE DEATH need to rearm, refuel, etc.

2) When will the SA-11 Battery (batteries) be spotted? The purple lines are roughly where the main highways are and where they might be spotted. That will affect when HELL RIDER is committed--if found early, HELL RIDER can then be used against other targets of opportunity.

Alright I'm satisfied with that. Voting for Golgotha

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Golgotha

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Voting is tight! A few votes one way or the other could swing the balance. You, gentlegoon, could make the difference! Vote today

5 hours to vote close. Or something close to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm kind of torn between Golgotha and Lion Tamer.

I'm rather concerned about the possibility of collateral damage when it comes to airfield strikes - most of these airports are basically civilian ones that pull double duty and are located near civilian areas as a result.