Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Zaggitz posted:

Did anybody beat Mueller In the Mueller/Julia Star Door? Wondering if there's a bonus reward for it. I got real close but he chumped me at the last moment :(

Same, I blocked the first S-Craft and got close and when he got low he dropped another one on me, dealing 5.5k to my 3k health.

Edit: Is there a monument in Chapter 2 I missed? This is getting pretty crazy. (I found one. Still apparently missing three more, one of which I'd guess is in the castle.)

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I was able to defeat him on Hard by guarding his first turn S-craft, normal attack and heal until CP is back to 200 then S-craft, then continue to heal/attack until CP is 100 and then S-craft and repeat. From my previous experiences on the old Chinese PC version he would use S-craft again when he's down to half health but this time he never did and I ended up guarding a couple of normal attack/crafts. Still ended up beating him with EP to spare this way.

By the way, aside from dialogue changes there is no benefit for beating him.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Did anybody beat Mueller In the Mueller/Julia Star Door? Wondering if there's a bonus reward for it. I got real close but he chumped me at the last moment :(

Beat him (just barely, and on normal), but how would I know if there is a bonus reward?
... And I didn't realize there was a guard option.

Just got the 6th character and did her little side story.
Man, Josette sure seems to have a combo of bad stats and interesting support bonus to make me really want to keep her benched

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i just occurred to me that fc/sc didn't have enemies drop money and you got all your cash from the guild. are you just expected to exchange sepith here, or do you get some sort of funding?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Cake Attack posted:

i just occurred to me that fc/sc didn't have enemies drop money and you got all your cash from the guild. are you just expected to exchange sepith here, or do you get some sort of funding?

I got money from the first moon door trial. Otherwise yeah I think you're supposed to exchange sepith.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

doors tend to give significant payouts

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

doors tend to give significant payouts

Also a few chests here and there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is there anyway to suspend or something during a door. i need to sleep

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Orbal Gear?!
Wait. Am I seeing the beginning of the Soldat units?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sun Door 1: I am so happy the Capuas are such good friends of the Bright family now that they send letters to each other :)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why is Impede even a thing if it doesn't work on anything you'd want to use it on?

Or better yet why give a boss three forms if the first one is just a waste of time?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 4, 2017

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Well I got baited into bursting it down and getting completely owned by the adds so that must be it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

God every door I enter either gets me choked up or makes me feel all bubbly. Or a combination of both.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Just started. I can't believe that book Carnelia was actually canon, I always assumed it was some kind of mythological motif that kept cropping up in different stories across the continent.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I still can't believe people actually read Carnelia. My eyes glazed over halfway through the first chapter and that was that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Why is Impede even a thing if it doesn't work on anything you'd want to use it on?
It does work, you just have to stack it very high. Rean stacking Impede is a game-breaking strategy.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Wait, I thought Impede always worked? Unless you guys are talking about something other than the arts canceling crafts like Autumn Leaf Cutter can do.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The ch 1 boss in 3rd does a thing that can't be impeded, is what they're talking about

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Phobophilia posted:

Just started. I can't believe that book Carnelia was actually canon, I always assumed it was some kind of mythological motif that kept cropping up in different stories across the continent.

what's more, the other protagonist of that book plays a big role in the CS games!

Toby is Toval the Erebonian Bracer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

The ch 1 boss in 3rd does a thing that can't be impeded, is what they're talking about

Ah.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

SC as well was hit and mix about what could be impeded and what couldn't; all artes could but not all physical 'charge up' moves could be, from what I remember.

Zaggitz posted:

No extra reward, just some dialogue changes as far as I could tell; which is fair because it does not mess around on Hard, I'm not sure the fight would be possible on Nightmare.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
breaker cannon is a craft, you fight a shitload of the same palette swapped mob everywhere in sc

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Pretty sure FC's full field attack couldn't be impeded.

The only real danger in chapter 1's fight is 4x Flamethrower, which can be impeded.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The Sky games have always had a couple of enemies whose attacks you could not impede. FC had the final boss with his Annihilation attack, SC had the Divine Penguin, the Orgueille and Ragnard among others. If an enemy is immune to impede, there's nothing you can about it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Amppelix posted:

I still can't believe people actually read Carnelia. My eyes glazed over halfway through the first chapter and that was that.

This is the game series where the majority of vocal players talk to every single NPC, at every single chance, in every single playthrough, effectively doubling their playtime. Reading a book series that will take about an hour at most is chump change in comparison.

I'm strongly considering saying gently caress my shoulders and actually playing the entire sky trilogy on pc.

Y/N is major surgery worth the risk?

P.S Replaying Ys Celcelta and I immediately started thinking about Ozma in a Thor's uniform upon meeting him again.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MythosDragon posted:

I'm strongly considering saying gently caress my shoulders and actually playing the entire sky trilogy on pc.

Y/N is major surgery worth the risk?

get a laptop

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Man the Jenis sidestory was really good

It sure is a shame knowing who Lechter really is but hey it also adds something to the scenes

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Really Pants posted:

get a laptop

I do have a laptop, havnt used a desktop in years.

Every single time I try to play games on it, I end up with severe, nearly crippling shoulder pain for some reason.

20 hours over a week kills me, even though I could and did play 4X as much on a vita in a week when CS2 came out.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

MythosDragon posted:

I do have a laptop, havnt used a desktop in years.

Every single time I try to play games on it, I end up with severe, nearly crippling shoulder pain for some reason.

20 hours over a week kills me, even though I could and did play 4X as much on a vita in a week when CS2 came out.

Could always plug whatever PC/Laptop you have that can play the game into the hdmi slot on your TV and use a bluetooth/long wired cable controller if you don't have problems playing console games on the couch.

If your only option is a vita/psp you may be out of luck. I mean someone was working on a port of that nvidia gamestream stuff to hacked vitas but I haven't heard much about it and your vita would have to be on system menu 3.60. Also requires an nvidia gpu in your desktop pc.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 4, 2017

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Terper posted:

Man the Jenis sidestory was really good

It sure is a shame knowing who Lechter really is but hey it also adds something to the scenes

I have to agree on that. Kinda also blows my mind knowing Ricky and Anton went to Jenis as well.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

This is the game series where the majority of vocal players talk to every single NPC, at every single chance, in every single playthrough, effectively doubling their playtime. Reading a book series that will take about an hour at most is chump change in comparison.

I know, I do that too. The dialogue is usually interesting and/or well-written. Carnelia on the other hand, is generic and written badly (on purpose, it's supposed to be a bit of a trashy novel) and it just would not keep my interest at all. I read all the newspapers etc too, it's just something about the concept of reading a barely relevant in-story novel that doesn't gel with me. I haven't actually read any of them from any of the games in the series. I might finally get myself to do it now that it's been actually namedropped in a game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hello, I have discovered a bug in this game. On the mugshot, Erika's ponytail rests on her left shoulder, but on the model it rests on the right! Unacceptable. Unplayable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm already at the start of Chapter 3 and no Anelace.

I was promised Anelace. This is bullshit. :mad:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I'm already at the start of Chapter 3 and no Anelace.

I was promised Anelace. This is bullshit. :mad:

You will surely get to the karkland.

Nah but for real she'll show up in chapter 4

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 5, 2017

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Even though the battle system in Cold Steel is functionally better in most ways (at least i think they are) playing this again has made me realize how much more I liked the fights in Sky. I guess I like slow fights? theyre comfy

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
It's nice that Third's come out and we still haven't had the title changed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

OK, I don't know who the top-left is supposed to be, but of the rest, only Estelle is actually Liberl's...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

OddObserver posted:

OK, I don't know who the top-left is supposed to be, but of the rest, only Estelle is actually Liberl's...

Loewe.

Also, to be fair, Hamel was pretty drat close to the border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are people finding the difficulty picking up post chapter 1? i'm not overly bothered but people have mentioned 3rd being hard enough times that i was surprised to find chapter 1 pretty easy, even compared to prior games.