Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Been rewatching. Most of the stuff holds up, the stuff that doesn't is hilariously inappropriate for 2017, and then there's the stuff where I'm not sure it ever was appropriate

"Well, you were the one who spent 30 minutes looking for that weird candleholder"

"It's a menorah, Roz"

How the hell you grow up and not learn what a Menorah is? And don't say "the deep south"

I think the fact that some of the humor is inappropriate for today just adds to it. It helps that censors were stricter back then, so there's some really dirty jokes that are wrapped in really elaborate clean deliveries, and I love it.

It's like how the first Shrek movie had a bunch of jokes that had pretty R-rated implications or double-entendres, but they also worked perfectly as kids' jokes. Nowadays I feel like that stuff is either shoehorned in a lot more blatantly, or in the case of network TV it's just straight-up raunchy and loses some of the impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yes true. for example: in the shows opening, the space needle looks like a penis

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"That's not how you spell fellatio!"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maBavhD0iWE&t=94s

:ohdear: Scary

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apparently there is a Kelsey Grammer sex tape but it's of questionable cultural significance and thus has never been publicly made available

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

I think the fact that some of the humor is inappropriate for today just adds to it. It helps that censors were stricter back then, so there's some really dirty jokes that are wrapped in really elaborate clean deliveries, and I love it.

It's like how the first Shrek movie had a bunch of jokes that had pretty R-rated implications or double-entendres, but they also worked perfectly as kids' jokes. Nowadays I feel like that stuff is either shoehorned in a lot more blatantly, or in the case of network TV it's just straight-up raunchy and loses some of the impact.

if you think this is new go watch an episode of rocko's modern life

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Apparently there is a Kelsey Grammer sex tape but it's of questionable cultural significance and thus has never been publicly made available

wikileaks is loving us again

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 5, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Eddie's birthday is in 10 days by the way

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anyone seen The Perfect Host?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yes, it was terrible.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Eddie's birthday is in 10 days by the way

which eddie

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Octy posted:

Yes, it was terrible.

Shlocky yes, but terrible?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Shlocky yes, but terrible?

Yes, but it was basically David Hyde Pierce playing a psychotic murderer version of Niles Crane which isn't too much of a stretch for the original character. Niles always looked like he was about to snap.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Octy posted:

Yes, but it was basically David Hyde Pierce playing a psychotic murderer version of Niles Crane which isn't too much of a stretch for the original character. Niles always looked like he was about to snap.

Niles could have played the villain on Jessica Jones quite well.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Octy posted:

This is why I think it's required viewing for Frasier fans.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you ever wanted to watch Niles pantomime loving a woman in the bathroom then it's a must watch.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any good fraiser erotic fan fic

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

All of it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 22, 2019

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I really like the series finale. It's the best victory lap finale of any sitcom from the 90's and early 00's

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bulldog was in love with Roz, but she let him down easy that she didn't feel the same.

Best dramatic scene in the whole series. I don't know what they had for breakfast that morning, but they didn't show acting chops like that before or after.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
THE NEXT TIME I FIND SOMETHING INTERESTING IN YOUR FATHER'S UNDERWEAR DRAWER I'M JUST GOING TO SIT ON IT

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I always really liked Frasier's apartment

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has anyone seen The Perfect Host?

My little brother and I watched it on netflix a few years ago only because of its cover and we saw Niles. We spent the whole movie calling him Niles and the movie owned. Then we felt kinda bad cause we realized he'll never outlive that role :(

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
'oos a bobby dazzler, then?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Frasier has an Eames lounge chair. gently caress I want one!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

evobatman posted:

Frasier has an Eames lounge chair. gently caress I want one!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I'm currently watching the episode where the ski instructor thinks Niles is gay, which is pretty funny cause the actor is but the character isn't.

Though I guess that wasn't intentional at the time, since IIRC he wasn't out then?

Anyways, I "LOL"ed

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I found this

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cosmik Slop posted:

Best dramatic scene in the whole series. I don't know what they had for breakfast that morning, but they didn't show acting chops like that before or after.

Someone's forgetting the scene where Frasier tells Niles to have a seat because he's panicking about his divorce and he asks Frasier "Where?" and goes into why each seat is special to him and Maris in someway...obviously that so sinks with in moments because we're not supposed to want them together, but still. Good scene.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also the scene where Roz starts to panicking about being a mother and Frasier consoles her

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the most :smith: i've ever seen kelsey on a talk show was when the sex tape came up and he described it as a sad, out-of-shape, middle-aged man having less than mediocre sex with a younger woman that no one should ever have to watch of their own free will

i've never seen someone laid so low by their own bad sex

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I still prefer everybody loves raymond

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

you are the reason for capital punishement

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Go gently caress yourself

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fauJh53Ro

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

If you liked Niles crane you'll love Nathan lane, in, Encore! Encore! From the late 90s. Also starring Glenne headly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOfojtfl-Xc

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
OH BEBBE AH HEAR DA BLOOZ A CALLIn, TALK SALADS AN SCRAMBLE EGGS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I bet you put ketchup on hot dogs too