Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

American alcohol industry would probably be even bigger today if Prohibition hadn't utterly altered our drinking habits. :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I get the feeling that drinking yourself nearly to death every night was the only way to deal with the crushing horror of your existance in those days. Children in mines and daily worker demise. Strike breakers and Pinkertons. gently caress that.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Talmonis posted:

I get the feeling that drinking yourself nearly to death every night was the only way to deal with the crushing horror of your existance in those days. Children in mines and daily worker demise. Strike breakers and Pinkertons. gently caress that.

that and it was a readily available painkiller

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Hodgepodge posted:

Then again, so was cocaine.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

American alcohol industry would probably be even bigger today if Prohibition hadn't utterly altered our drinking habits. :sad:

I thought people drank more during Prohibition. What with the stress of having to organize crime and murder people to get that booze.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Talmonis posted:

With the way things are going we all might live to see such a time again!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Geoj posted:

With the way things are going we all might live to see such a time again!

Trump: I'm the President and I don't need booze and I'm in great shape, let's make this illegal!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

Trump: I'm the President and I don't need booze and I'm in great shape, let's make this illegal!

He promoted his own line of vodka.

So yeah, based on his history of consistent rational behavior we're looking at Prohibition 3.0 any day now.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Hodgepodge posted:

it still is, just lol if anyone thinks healthcare in this country is successfully minimizing the demand for readily available pain killers

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

it still is, just lol if anyone thinks healthcare in this country is successfully minimizing the demand for readily available pain killers

These days they just bury you in opioids for your wisdom tooth extraction and are "surprised" when you end up hooked on heroin fentanyl.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/Patztense/status/860833775651102720

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'd love a jail break. That would be something actually punishable regardless of a sympathetic jury!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

I am OK with this, contingent upon it being 300 miles due west.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I'd love a jail break. That would be something actually punishable regardless of a sympathetic jury!
And they might get shot in the process. That would only lead to more conspiracy theories but at least it would be tarpman permanent.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol set the bundies free; they deffo don't deserve this :/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
atm its just federal spite, the people know they did nothing wrong

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
cucks itt are all blood thirsty and cheered when the bundies lawyer got tortured in the courtroom

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

chitoryu12 posted:

Let's be honest, any jailbreak this group tried to stage would be the comically incompetent one you could imagine. Like "we get a video tape of a guard playing yakkity sax on his phone because this poo poo is just too surreal"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Baloogan posted:

cucks itt are all blood thirsty and cheered when the bundies lawyer got tortured in the courtroom

I do not consent to your new avatar and mustard-colored text. I DO NOT CONSENT!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
bundies camped for a few months and oh god OH GOD they graze their cattle on some land oh gently caress OH gently caress

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
harmed no one

yet everyone wants them dead

dumbest vaccinated cucks in the world itt

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
anyone want to meet up at baloogans for a peaceful demonstration?

just bring your guns and enough ammo for a war

wouldn't want him mistaking us as people who want to do harmful things

also do you have a shittin' ditch or do we need to dig our own?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baloogan posted:

bundies camped for a few months and oh god OH GOD they graze their cattle on some land oh gently caress OH gently caress

Illegally occupied federal property

Camped

Whatever

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Illegally occupied federal property

Camped

Whatever

While declaring it the start of the revolution, putting their own symbols on stolen federal vehicles, threatening to shoot federal agents, etc.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

chitoryu12 posted:

Nah, I could easily see the jury pool out there saying "you city slickers just don't get it - jail breaks are a way of life for us country folk. Not guilty!"

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Baloogan posted:

it's a shame a bailiff didn't kill him, in cold blood.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

harmed no one

yet everyone wants them dead

dumbest vaccinated cucks in the world itt

They harmed property, which everyone knows carries a potential death sentence in the USA

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Geoj posted:

Nah, I could easily see the jury pool out there saying "you city slickers just don't get it - jail breaks are a way of life for us country folk. Not guilty!"

Can’t have jury nullification if they get shot dead in the attempt.

<smug_man_tapping_temple.jpeg>

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kawasaki Nun posted:

They harmed property, which everyone knows carries a potential death sentence in the USA

I don't think they should be killed actually

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't think they should be killed actually

as something of an internet solomon i say let the punishment for the crime

the bundys will be given rights to the land and will be allowed to graze their offspring on it for seven times seven generations

their flesh will be labeled Trump Brand Long Pork™️

available at a mar-a-lago's near you

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'd just like to see some black people get as unreasonably fair a shake as these fuckin dudes got, god drat.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
To be fair, if they were rebelling for the rights of anything but Republican voting white men to do whatever the gently caress they want, I'd be arguing that they did no wrong.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hodgepodge posted:

To be fair, if they were rebelling for the rights of anything but Republican voting white men to do whatever the gently caress they want, I'd be arguing that they did no wrong.

Their method was nothing but white men doing whatever the gently caress they wanted, like defiling Native American artefacts.

It’s like “Hitler would be a swell dude if he didn’t commit genocide and invade other countries and also was better at painting”. At that point he’s not Hitler.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
peeps itt: the us federal government is good and great and justice and never makes a mistake or harms someone who doesn't deserve it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the reason juries aren't going to ever convict these guys (aside from the betrayers) is because these guys are heroes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lol remember when Ryan Bundy was caught trying to make a rope out of his bedsheets?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Baloogan posted:

the reason juries aren't going to ever convict these guys (aside from the betrayers) is because these guys are heroes

im gonna piss and poo on their faces and chests and generally turn them into human toilets

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i want them to die

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Baloogan posted:

peeps itt: the us federal government is good and great and justice and never makes a mistake or harms someone who doesn't deserve it

Literally* a sentiment directly contradicted by the couple posts immediately before it, but sure ok.

*And I mean literally as in actually literally, not in the way that is also means figuratively now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Baloogan posted:

Platystemon posted:

Their method was nothing but white men doing whatever the gently caress they wanted, like defiling Native American artefacts.

It’s like “Hitler would be a swell dude if he didn’t commit genocide and invade other countries and also was better at painting”. At that point he’s not Hitler.