Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm not that upset by this bill making it through the house. The healthcare system under Obamacare was still collapsing, only a little bit more slowly. This will just speed things up by a year or two. The real thing that bothers me is that President Pissy-Pants got his way. I mean, he's still talking about the election; he's never going to shut up about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Polio Vax Scene posted:

wait it passed? sorry guys im not able to lol any more. i had a preexisting condition. this isnt funny any more

:same:

How hosed am I under this new bill?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm a union firefighter and I know coworkers who voted trump lmao

Our union steward is a big trump fan and he got all mad when HR wouldn't let him commandeer the auditorium screen to watch the inauguration lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:same:

How hosed am I under this new bill?

Do you have insurance? If so, you're hosed.
Do you live in a red state? If so, you're turbo hosed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

turn off the TV posted:

Do you have insurance? If so, you're hosed.
Do you live in a red state? If so, you're turbo hosed.

Both. :smithicide:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

turn off the TV posted:

Fresh Air had an interview with a guy writing about all of the ways Trump could be impeached, and he was pretty sure that if the Democrats get control of the House it's probably going to happen.

That would really be a best case scenario, but at a certain point, if it becomes inevitable and Pence is involved, it makes a lot of sense for republicans to do it while they still have control of the house. President Pelosi would surely trigger end times in the minds of these people.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Does anyone have that lf-era goon cartoon of vampire obama saying "by allah, americans are so stupid"? if so, now would be a good time to post it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Don't panic though, it probably won't pass senate. Death is not certain yet.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
A few Democrats voting for the bill would have been really clever if it had failed anyway. Then Trump couldn't blame the Democrats as much for its failure.
Though then they'd have that on their voting record, so I don't know. They can say that was their reason later in interviews, but people might not see those.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

"I'm President. I'm President, can you believe it?" - actual quote from Trump just now

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I can't wait for us all to (unintelligible)

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?
When will the senate be voting on it?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Can you imagine what it's like to not give a single gently caress about another human being? Minus your billionaire friends of course.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
God bless those accelerationist democrats.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

KrolleBolle posted:

When will the senate be voting on it?

Not until after they've completely changed everything about it, from what I've been reading

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

"I'm President. I'm President, can you believe it?" - actual quote from Trump just now

Even though all the fake news said you didn't have a chance in the electoral college?! Wow, I'd love to see a map showing the results!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Smirr posted:

It passed the house, still needs to go through the senate

Additionally, if it gets changed it goes back to the house again, so we aren't 25% done with the lols

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

proof of concept posted:

Not until after they've completely changed everything about it, from what I've been reading

I love that that's how bills work apparently.

What's the point of voting on something if that something isn't even the thing you're agreeing with? I don't understand how that's legal.

Edit:

Oscar Wild posted:

Additionally, if it gets changed it goes back to the house again, so we aren't 25% done with the lols

Nvm, good. I have to admit, I'm not fully sure on the finer details of the process.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 4, 2017

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?

proof of concept posted:

Could they just sit on it indefinitely, and claim some sort of victory?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The senate is gonna change it and sent it back tot he house and then the freedom caucus is going to poo poo its pants and we're gonna lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow0 posted:

A few Democrats voting for the bill would have been really clever if it had failed anyway. Then Trump couldn't blame the Democrats as much for its failure.
Though then they'd have that on their voting record, so I don't know. They can say that was their reason later in interviews, but people might not see those.

This is sorta like a famous political game theory problem about voting for a raise for yourself in Congress. On the one hand, you want the vote to pass so you get a raise, but you want the vote to pass but, to appeal to your constituents, you want to vote no. (have you cake and eat it to).

What do you do

i dont know the correct answer but im sure its online somewhere

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Madcosby posted:

This is sorta like a famous political game theory problem about voting for a raise for yourself in Congress. On the one hand, you want the vote to pass so you get a raise, but you want the vote to pass but, to appeal to your constituents, you want to vote no. (have you cake and eat it to).

What do you do

bribe them with beer

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

God I can't wait to get home and start pounding vodka

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

What do you do

Seems like you just vote yes and somehow blame illegal immigrants or the poor. Apparently, you can literally kill your constituents and get reelected anyway.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Madcosby posted:

What do you do

Not give a gently caress and vote yes because:

1. gently caress you, got mine

2. Americans are stupid and will vote for you again anyways

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FuhrerHat posted:

bribe them with beer

or as its known forever more:

The ol' Bud Light Equilibrium

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

turn off the TV posted:

Do you live? If so, you're turbo hosed.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

I love that that's how bills work apparently.

What's the point of voting on something if that something isn't even the thing you're agreeing with? I don't understand how that's legal.

These are the same people that said it was the borrower's fault for not reading the 400 page mortgage document during the housing crisis.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
the lols never stop with this guy

https://twitter.com/USseriously/status/860161468163117056

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Madcosby posted:

What do you do

trust that your constituents are retards because they are

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Don't panic though, it probably won't pass senate. Death is not certain yet.

Me, november 2016: Trump probably won't win the election. Death is not certain yet.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Madcosby posted:

What do you do

if I am a republican I vote yes. my constituents will admire how cunning i am, to get that raise. they will vote for me again based on this

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

should have been schwarzenegger

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

lol

Has anyone photoshopped a Magatron yet?

Here, have some quality content.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If you don't have enough people to vouch for your value as a human being by paying your medical bills with a gofundme campaign then I don't see how you can make the case that taxpayers should be forced to keep you alive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when i was in the states i had to ask how much getting my shoulder relocated was going to cost and they gave me no painkillers to do it then a percocet script after the fact despite my shoudler no longer hurting

In the UK i walked into AE and told them what was wrong skipping the queue a bit, got codeine on the spot to give some pain relief while waiting on xrays and then got IV morphine and midazolam when they relocated it.

I spent the same time being treated for both and one was free lol

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

Why would you ask a group of nuns if they have lawyers? 🤔

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Smirr posted:

Does anyone have that lf-era goon cartoon of vampire obama saying "by allah, americans are so stupid"? if so, now would be a good time to post it

I misremembered slightly but not in ways that matter

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Crow Enthusiast posted:

Here, have some quality content.

lol

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
lol

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-wont-vote-on-house-passed-healthcare-bill/article/2622152