Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Olympian Evan Jager went to my high school. Also Ryan Hartman of the Chicago Blackhawks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was homeschooled

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I went to Cedar Hill High School which has produced...Devon Briscoe (?) thus far.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
if we're opening it up to more than just football , Danica Patrick was a stuck up bitch to me and she wasn't that cute even in her cheerleader uniform on game days and I have tons of spite, resentment, jealousy and animosity towards her and her parents

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

I was homeschooled

Congrats on being the best player in your school

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I went to North Central High School which has Eric Gordon (basketball), Derrick Mayes, and Courtney Roby.

Also Jared Fogle the Subway guy :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Austin Collie was our Kicker, punter, KR, PR, WR and cornerback and was amazing at every one of those positions

Yeah well you can tie your own shoes so who got the last laugh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My high school produced a kicker for the saints for a long time (Carney) and a few NFL players.

We played the NFL breeding ground known as the muck. Belle Glade. I can't even list how many stud NFL players came from there

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

warcrimes posted:

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/859843218719907840

well poo poo

e: and apparently he's had three concussions.

That explains why Saban was so pissed he went to an outside doctor instead of the team's

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Apparently Ryan Shazier went to my mediocre high school, a year or two behind me. I have zero memory of him or the football team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raku posted:

That explains why Saban was so pissed he went to an outside doctor instead of the team's

why in the world would you not go to James Andrews?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

My high school produced a kicker for the saints for a long time (Carney) and a few NFL players.

:mad:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

FizFashizzle posted:

why in the world would you not go to James Andrews?

Agreed. Saban was right to be pissed and clearly had his best interest at heart with that recommendation.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yeah, I caught that too. It's not crazy to associate him with either team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, I caught that too. It's not crazy to associate him with either team.

Yeah I suppose so. He was with New Orleans for a decent period of time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I suppose so. He was with New Orleans for a decent period of time.

Probably has the most memorable single New Orleans kicking play in history too. This said about the team who had Tom Dempsey kick a 63 yard field goal a few decades before anyone else did and who employed Morten Anderson for a long time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Noooooooo! Oh my God, how could he do that?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Noooooooo! Oh my God, how could he do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yru_1al8EY

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
my high school produced no good players and ended up stopping their yearly rivalry game after losing it every year for 27 years in a row

also, shayne graham brought us a massive check to get an astroturf field and we all celebrated him at a pep rally

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Screw having to play against a really good player in a game. I went to school with and played the same position as this dude, starting linebacker for the K-State team that competed for a national championship. He kicked my rear end every day.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My family thanksgiving game produced two players that would go on to play on the fields behind the local VFW hall

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I didn't go to high school with them but my dad sold weed to Randy Moss and Jason Williams when they were in high school. White Chocolate got really mad at him one time and drove donuts in his yard. Randy was always very friendly.

Apparently some kid who did go to my school was drafted this year but I don't know him and haven't been there in years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeimosRising posted:

I didn't go to high school with them but my dad sold weed to Randy Moss and Jason Williams when they were in high school. White Chocolate got really mad at him one time and drove donuts in his yard. Randy was always very friendly.

Doesn't surprise me that he was a jerk to his weed dealer, but every now and then I go watch Jason Williams highlights and they never ever get old.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grittybeard posted:

Doesn't surprise me that he was a jerk to his weed dealer, but every now and then I go watch Jason Williams highlights and they never ever get old.

He was always nice to me and dad was probably asking for it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Jason Williams was the truth. That dude was extremely talented.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mixon

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Bigger fan of the Andey meme, not gonna lie.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
i didn't know a way of life was called a meme now

andey

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

mixon is much like nixon as he is not a crook either

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
John Dorsey had some interesting insight on Sirius XM, basically the trade with Buffalo was agreed pre draft and he kept calling buffalo after every pick saying "we still good?"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Apparently some kid who did go to my school was drafted this year but I don't know him and haven't been there in years.

That means you're like 15,right?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Don't age shame

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

No Butt Stuff posted:

That means you're like 15,right?

No I'm 31, he went to the same school I went to a decade later.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

No I'm 31, he went to the same school I went to a decade later.

I see. Just trying to get the ages to line up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Brain Curry posted:

Congrats on being the best player in your school

What if he had a brother or sister?

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Tebow played for my high school while I was there, he only actually took one class there though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans announced they'll let Deshaun Watson compete for the starting job

There's probably a 90+% chance he wins the job based on his draft position alone

e: also: mixone

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

The Texans announced they'll let Deshaun Watson compete for the starting job

There's probably a 90+% chance he wins the job based on his draft position alone

e: also: mixone

Who is he even competing with, Tom Savage and a VHS tape of Matt Schaub pick-6s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

shirts and skins posted:

Who is he even competing with, Tom Savage and a VHS tape of Matt Schaub pick-6s?

Savage and Brandon Weeden

COULD HAVE HAD JAY CUTLER THOUGH

• Locked thread