Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
My brother and I will usually land in the same area and then change what we do depending on where people are. If nobody is around we just loot separately. If people are real close or the area doesn't have a billion places to hide we rush guns, get together, and go hunt everyone down until they're all dead. If people aren't real close or it's a big town/apartment block so it wastes a shitload of time to clear every goddamn room and building, then we loot together because looting separately makes it way too easy to die but hunting down would take too much time. Late game we'll loot together because it's always possible someone is camping some dumb room and slow looting is well worth trading off for safety once you've already got a decent amount of loot.

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

My problem with goons is

A: There is an urge to loot poo poo rural areas

B. Land extremely close together while doing so

If you are landing in a city or a hot area I completely understand grouping up but there is an urge of wanting to avoid fighting until the mid to late game. imo the game is most fun when you drop into a hot city or loot spot and join in on the mayhem. Worst case scenario everyone dies early and you can queue again quickly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

My problem with goons is

A: There is an urge to loot poo poo rural areas

B. Land extremely close together while doing so

If you are landing in a city or a hot area I completely understand grouping up but there is an urge of wanting to avoid fighting until the mid to late game. imo the game is most fun when you drop into a hot city or loot spot and join in on the mayhem. Worst case scenario everyone dies early and you can queue again quickly

This is how my group of goons plays most of the time

It fuckin owns

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

Actually worst case scenario is 3/4 die early.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Disagree because you can masturbate while waiting

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

does anyone else see other players gun flashes through buildings, doors, and hills? cause i do and it's confusing and i feel like im cheating since it gives away where you are

Why do you think everyone goes for the flash hider?

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

wa27 posted:

Actually worst case scenario is 3/4 die early.

Yeah, being the one goon that dies in the first 5 minutes while the other 3 play on for another 20 kind of sucks. That said, looting rural areas kind of sucks too. I feel squads is just a crapshoot pretty often.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ThePineapple posted:

Yeah, being the one goon that dies in the first 5 minutes while the other 3 play on for another 20 kind of sucks. That said, looting rural areas kind of sucks too. I feel squads is just a crapshoot pretty often.

drop on a city, get a gun and wipe the enemy squads early, loot city

ez

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm bad at this game and also mad https://streamable.com/o7xoo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

I'm bad at this game and also mad https://streamable.com/o7xoo

lesson learned: don't use an AKM

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

funny Star Wars parody posted:

lesson learned: don't use an AKM

akms own tho

crossbows own too but only within 25m, lmao

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
AKMs usually loving shred people at that range. Also I'm almost certain I've gotten killed more times by an AKM than any other gun. There's one right in that video!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Yodzilla posted:

AKMs usually loving shred people at that range. Also I'm almost certain I've gotten killed more times by an AKM than any other gun. There's one right in that video!

lesson learned: don't use akm when other guy is better at akm

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

People rolling up to me with an AKM like "look at me russia the best russia number one" and i come up with a 686 w/choke like "surprise motherfucker, you thought you were cool as heck but you are a deadboy now"

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Ostentatious posted:

People rolling up to me with an AKM like "look at me russia the best russia number one" and i come up with a 686 w/choke like "surprise motherfucker, you thought you were cool as heck but you are a deadboy now"

Taste the lead justice of grandpa's gun

Yesterday I got three single shot shotgun kills by shooting people in the groin at medium range. It was the best feeling.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
NA hypee!!!! These tournaments are worth watching, spectator mode is pretty cool https://www.twitch.tv/playbattlegrounds

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Commoners posted:

Taste the lead justice of grandpa's gun

Yesterday I got three single shot shotgun kills by shooting people in the groin at medium range. It was the best feeling.

Goddamnit Butters, what did we tell you about shooting people in the dick?

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 4, 2017

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://www.twitch.tv/drdisrespectlive

THE REAL SHOW IS STARTING BOYS LETS GO!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fauxshiz posted:

hell yes bitch

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm boycotting the tournament because I was not invited. What a foolish mistake on their part. My PUBG videos have hundreds of views and I have 10s of youtube subscribers and Twitch followers.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Fauxshiz posted:

Don't be silly the real shoutcasting lives here.

https://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

e: You are doing yourselves a disservice by not letting Bikeman shoutcast at you.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2017

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Badfinger posted:

Don't be silly the real shoutcasting lives here.

https://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

The doc played this first game like a puss. I'm disappointed and I regret advertising for him.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the doc is now casting boys

E: that ruled, so much better than the actual cast lol

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Blowing up the car for the win was the best way it could have gone.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I'm supporting sxyhxy since he was a cool Division streamer from back in the day, got #6 with 0 kills and died to the blue, snipernamedG carried the rest of the way

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fauxshiz posted:

this guy is annoying and who the gently caress wears sunglasses playing videogames

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Lady Galaga posted:

I'm supporting sxyhxy since he was a cool Division streamer from back in the day, got #6 with 0 kills and died to the blue, snipernamedG carried the rest of the way

Both were awesome division streamers. snipernamedG running solo darkzone was hilariously entertaining to watch.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this guy is annoying and who the gently caress wears sunglasses playing videogames

Those aren't sunglasses, they're Google prototype scopes with built-in LCD, LED, 1080p 3-D Sony Technology and he gets a new pair hand delivered right to his doorstep every morning.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Fauxshiz posted:

The doc played this first game like a puss. I'm disappointed and I regret advertising for him.

I blame Tim.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lady Galaga posted:

I like how a Division streamer can now count as "back in the day"

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I like how a Division streamer can now count as "back in the day"

Or any streamer at all.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Didn't the Division come out like a year ago? or is that the joke I am missing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lirik and shorty got brutally owned by camping dudes lmao

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
This spectator mode is pretty loving sick.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Bridge camping with a silenced M16 when the circle is making people run across is just WRONG. I can't wait to do it again.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The updside down jeep strat is killing me on this Dr stream.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pleads posted:

Wait what?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jericho was sitting in an upside down Jeep hoping no one would see him, but got got eventually.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Jericho was sitting in an upside down Jeep hoping no one would see him, but got got eventually.

That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pleads posted:

I did this for almost an entire game, my car managed to make it tone of the final couple circles and I got 4th place. Died when I had to get out, but took one dude with me.

• Locked thread