Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

martinlutherbling posted:

I've been wondering about this for a while, how much does an LS swap run for those cars? I love e46's (and all manner of older BMW's, and even the newer ones), but I'd hate to put up with owning something with an aging complex German engine under the hood (especially the cooling system). How does it drive compared to how it was before the old motor asploded (aside from being way faster, obviously).

About 20k I guess. Everything is brand new though so I figured what else could I spend so little on new and go as quickly?
Proper man maths but it seems awesome.
Drives great. Very easy to drive. Ballistic fast. Less refined lower down because of massive cam but eh, I didn't build it to sit in traffic. Also I think it's more balanced than it was before. All round very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You got more pics or a thread in AI?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717784

Yeah. I need to update it though since I've had it mapped etc

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

djfooboo posted:

Kid seats looked 2fast2furious to me nowadays. Does it come with a HANS device?

im pretty sure she will be safer than any other vehicle occupant
the protection provided by the seat is pretty comprehensive

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

im pretty sure she will be safer than any other vehicle occupant
the protection provided by the seat is pretty comprehensive

this made me imagine tesla developing child ejection seats in an attempt to disrupt child safety devices

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bape Culture posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717784

Yeah. I need to update it though since I've had it mapped etc

Man that is so killer. Great pics too. I made myself promise to not dump wheelbarrows of money into my car until I knock out my car payment, but man you're giving me an itch.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

One of these but with some green. $1 at Goodwill and it looks like it's never been worn.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mystes
May 31, 2006

A sata m.2 ssd with a pretty bad price per mb. Unfortunately my laptop doesn't support nvme. It does have two slots, though, which is something I guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

One of these but with some green. $1 at Goodwill and it looks like it's never been worn.

A friend's old hippie father, triggered by nothing that I could think of, gave me one of these. Thats when I decided I need to be much more serious about my weed smoking.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Scathach posted:

Sweet Drug Rug!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I've never encountered a comfy drug rug, no idea how people wear those.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

NewFatMike posted:

I've never encountered a comfy drug rug, no idea how people wear those.

I found one! The gifted one was scratchy as poo poo but I was in this little hippy store last year and found one with like a fleecy interior fabric.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A pair of Aerons for Dr. future Mrs. Ransom and myself for our home office. We both have them at work but our home chairs were poo poo and so gently caress it, need comfortable chair.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

bongwizzard posted:

I found one! The gifted one was scratchy as poo poo but I was in this little hippy store last year and found one with like a fleecy interior fabric.

I think I'm going to have to trust you on this, your username indicates a certain amount of expertise.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Anyone bought any cool trunk organizers for their car? My groceries keep rolling around on the way home and it sucks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump posted:

Anyone bought any cool trunk organizers for their car? My groceries keep rolling around on the way home and it sucks.

Tie two bags of rolly groceries together. Voila.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Coredump posted:

I use cheap wal mart plastic drawers and they come in larger sizes. I don't remove things as often as groceries would be, amd I'm thinking the drawer thing might become a hassle.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Coredump posted:

We bought some InstaCrates from Costco. Nice to use for groceries and they fold up if you need more space.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Coredump posted:

These seem to be pretty handy, haven't tried them myself though.
Saves a couple of steps along the way.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
That thing would be much better

Tantalus posted:

We bought some InstaCrates from Costco. Nice to use for groceries and they fold up if you need more space.

It's great for keeping poo poo from rolling around the trunk but it can be a huge pain the rear end since you have to always carry it with both hands.

So when I wanted to carry some groceries inside, I'd take it out of the car, slam the trunk shut with my elbow, go to the front door, put it down, unlock the door, pick it up while holding the door with my foot since it closes automatically, go to the next door, repeat, go to the elevator, put it down unless I can press the button with my elbow, move it inside, push the floor button, pick it up, carry to the door, put it down, unlock the door, move it in, lock the door, finally pick it up and move to the kitchen. You get the idea, unless I'm carrying a shitload of plastic bags, I can otherwise do everything much less awkwardly.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

A pair of Aerons for Dr. future Mrs. Ransom and myself for our home office. We both have them at work but our home chairs were poo poo and so gently caress it, need comfortable chair.

I miss my Aeron. My posture has gone to absolute poo poo this past year because I've had to use a crappy regular chair.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Buy a good chair like the Steelcase Leap instead of a status symbol

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Buy thrift store chairs, because those are, like, 15 bucks, tops.

For content, got a good haul at the local Goodwill. Best pick was a new blazier, never worm, still factory tags and unopened pockets. :toot:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

They were university surplus. Still not crazy cheap, but nowhere near new price.

e: steelcase leap is more than an Aeron anyway...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aramek posted:

For content, got a good haul at the local Goodwill. Best pick was a new blazier, never worm, still factory tags and unopened pockets. :toot:

I found my current chair next to the dumpster on my street :shrug:

Mu Zeta posted:

Have these at work though, they're p. good.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Aramek posted:

mobby_6kl posted:

I found my current chair next to the dumpster on my street :shrug:

Congratulations on your bedbugs.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Frankston posted:

I miss my Aeron. My posture has gone to absolute poo poo this past year because I've had to use a crappy regular chair.

:shrug: Everybody at work bitches about the Aerons nonstop. I don't have a problem with them unless somebody switches mine out for a fat-person model.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bought a 24 pack of magic erasers from amazon cause apparently they are magical at cleaning loving EVERYTHING and I guess I need to scrub stuff. :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bought a 24 pack of magic erasers from amazon cause apparently they are magical at cleaning loving EVERYTHING and I guess I need to scrub stuff. :shrug:

Pro tip: don't try them on leather.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I got a Nantando Swatch

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Coredump posted:

I have an old blanket I keep in my car trunk that i wrap around my grocery bags and it keeps them from moving around much at all. It's also handy for when you need to stick dirty things in your trunk, crawl under your car, or cover up precious cargo from prying eyes

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I've got an Aeron that I've owned for 12 years for my office at home and was thrilled to discover a cache of Aerons near my office at work. Nobody said anything when one migrated into my office instead of whatever bad chair was in there, so it's mine now.

There might be better chairs, but whatever your hangups about "status symbols," these have been comfortable and reliable for more than 1/3 of my life, so I'm not exactly raring to go find another one.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

SpartanIV posted:

It's also handy for when you need to stick dirty things in your trunk... or cover up precious cargo from prying eyes
You're talking about dead teenage girls, aren't you?

Aeron chat: been using one at work for 8 years. It's nothing special, and definitely not worth the stupid pricetag.

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Tempted by the switch but put off by the lack of games out or on the horizon, as good as zelda is I can't really justify it at £350. I find it weird that 3ds is still getting better titles like the new fire emblem next month

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shikantaza posted:

Tempted by the switch but put off by the lack of games out or on the horizon, as good as zelda is I can't really justify it at £350. I find it weird that 3ds is still getting better titles like the new fire emblem next month

It's hard to compete with the mountain of good games for the 3DS but the Switch already has about six games that are really great and a ton more coming out.
The VC with GC games will be nuts, as well.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Zelda, Mario Kart, and Binding of Isaac are worth getting the switch for

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Zelda, Mario Kart, and Binding of Isaac are worth getting the switch for

3 games that are available on other systems and/or came out years ago :3:

I'm waiting for the 2nd gen New 2D Switch Lite XL.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bottom Liner posted:

Pikachu edition.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Nintendo will make 5000 of them, and discontinue immediately after they sell out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How are the Mario Karts different from each other? In my mind the Gamecube, Wii, Wii u, and Switch versions are the same game but I haven't actually played them. I got turned off after playing the DS version and everyone was doing the lovely drifting trick.