Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

change my name posted:

I've got you all beat, I got to second base once while she turned on CSPAN and watched Hilary's Benghazi testimony over my shoulder the whole time

this isn't even a joke either

only Hillary can make her cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The senate is going to pass a bill .

That's not the issue anymore.

It's will the house vote for the committee bill

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol what a turd. YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO ADMIT THIS DUMMY
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/860256142748004354

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/860263204215300102

abc is the worst broadcast news division

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

GobiasIndustries posted:

:wow:

tbf wolf blitzers stupidity looks contagious

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
here is what I assume will happen

the house passed their bill
the senate will pass theirs

It will have poison pills that the freedom caucus can't swallow

poo poo goes south

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

GobiasIndustries posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

>in extremely-centrist voice

"well you see the truth is in the middle and"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

here's what's going to happen:

TRUMP

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i spent half my day at work trying desperately to not cry about this. im staring down the barrel of not being able to afford my wife's insurance anymore and just... these people(???) are loving monsters

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

eonwe posted:

here is what I assume will happen

the house passed their bill
the senate will pass theirs

It will have poison pills that the freedom caucus can't swallow

poo poo goes south

I think so too. They will toss their bills back and forth to each other until the May reconciliation date passes and then it will be dropped.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
so if this bill kills 24 million before they get Medicare then it will save a shitton of money.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
trump's major victory is soon having many more skulls for his skullthrone

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

It is a major victory for trump

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Elephanthead posted:

so if this bill kills 24 million before they get Medicare then it will save a shitton of money.

No because they end up in the ER and is more expensive than regular care

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

big black turnout posted:

i spent half my day at work trying desperately to not cry about this. im staring down the barrel of not being able to afford my wife's insurance anymore and just... these people(???) are loving monsters

but have you thought about the people this bill helps?

i think they're the monsters

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/860122134387077120

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Here's what I predict will happen:

Under the Trump administration, the United States will fall into fascism and tyranny, eventually culminating in the death of millions of Americans during Civil War II.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

No because they end up in the ER and is more expensive than regular care

just make the requirement for providing care optional bing bing bing problem solved!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/waltien/status/860213120316444672

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Mr President posted:

The only thing Pelosi is in favor of is keeping her cushy job

Hmm yes surely she never keeps the Dem caucus unified

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Remember the awkward moment when Mika discovered that Joe was getting paid a much higher salary?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
trump has had like six First Victories so far

i wonder how immediately this one is going to be walked back as actually being yet another miserable failure

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hope ol joe has a good alibi for his bachelor party night all lined up

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

chipped my dang tooth :(

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
a friend is freaking out on fb about how he's much more likely to be financially/mortally hosed over because of a genetic condition he has, it's pretty upsetting to read. Comments are all people sympathizing until some random maga rear end in a top hat shows up to be 'you'll be fine, u dumb liberal. trump said pre-existing conditions won't be affected. the only ones who want to hurt sick people are the DUMBocrats':smuggo: and then yell at anyone who points out he's wrong and call them a moron. checked maga dude's page, and I don't know why i'm even surprised at this point, but loving lol:

so much education! so much liberty!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

well gosh this sucks

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

That DICK! posted:

rip on your preexisting condition.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

That DICK! posted:

[extremely insurance company voice] whoa buddy, thats a premium bump right there

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

come on its not even the 4th most entertaining campaign of 2015-2016

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

D1E posted:

Here's what I predict will happen:

Under the Trump administration, the United States will fall into fascism and tyranny, eventually culminating in the death of millions of Americans during Civil War II.

Sounds like a whole lot of Mattering if you ask me. I predict indefinite circling of the drain, like one of those optical illusions where it looks like you're falling but you never actually get any closer.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zas posted:

well gosh this sucks

red america seems to luv dying & being dead, so heck im happy for them getting what they want

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

change my name posted:

I've got you all beat, I got to second base once while she turned on CSPAN and watched Hilary's Benghazi testimony over my shoulder the whole time

this isn't even a joke either

Anthony Weiner account spotted.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I sex to cspam and nothing else

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if the senate passes something through reconciliation but what comes out of conference is not deficit-neutral, they need 60, right?

the short version is that you can force a cloture vote in reconciliation but there are multiple barriers to get to that point

you need someone to raise a point of order that says some poo poo is piss ergo hosed wrt to a provision of the bill thats up for reconciliation

you need the parliamentarian to say that yes its poop on the nuts or the parliamentarian to say its aok and the presiding officer to disagree and rule contrary to the recommendation of the parliamentarian, basically you need a ruling that the provision is hot garbage from a rules for reconciliation perspective

level 2 complication: if the majority leader (🐢) dislikes the parliamentarian recommendation enough he can just fire her and hire a crony

level 3: the presiding officer would be orrin hatch unless pence lumbered over to the chamber that day and decided to grab a gavel, and pence would totes be willing to be a partisan hack and rule in favor of the bill at almost every turn

you need some group of senators to muster the political to try to vote down that ruling, overturning itwould require cloture ergo 60 votes

if the dems can find or force an unfavorable ruling from the parliamentarian and pence isnt present and hatch honors the ruling and 🐢 doesnt fire her, they (dems) can get their cloture vote and kill the bill

assuming they have fewer than 6 defectors

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Squizzle posted:

the short version is that you can force a cloture vote in reconciliation but there are multiple barriers to get to that point

you need someone to raise a point of order that says some poo poo is piss ergo hosed wrt to a provision of the bill thats up for reconciliation

you need the parliamentarian to say that yes its poop on the nuts or the parliamentarian to say its aok and the presiding officer to disagree and rule contrary to the recommendation of the parliamentarian, basically you need a ruling that the provision is hot garbage from a rules for reconciliation perspective

level 2 complication: if the majority leader (🐢) dislikes the parliamentarian recommendation enough he can just fire her and hire a crony

level 3: the presiding officer would be orrin hatch unless pence lumbered over to the chamber that day and decided to grab a gavel, and pence would totes be willing to be a partisan hack and rule in favor of the bill at almost every turn

you need some group of senators to muster the political to try to vote down that ruling, overturning itwould require cloture ergo 60 votes

if the dems can find or force an unfavorable ruling from the parliamentarian and pence isnt present and hatch honors the ruling and 🐢 doesnt fire her, they (dems) can get their cloture vote and kill the bill

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I'm going to have to award this round to Lucha Villa.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Squizzle posted:

can't we just have a good "shutdown" to fix mess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:wow:

tbf wolf blitzers stupidity looks contagious

Andy richter wiped the floor with wolf Blitzer on celebrity jeopardy

• Locked thread