Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Plavski posted:

Come to Ireland, this guy watching Bob Dylan in 1964 is our prime minister

he's a pinko lefty super chill guy

sorry ya'll countries suck

Don't you put women in jail for having abortions there?

That doesn't sound very super chill to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

haljordan posted:

What's his name, I will unironically vote for him in the next 20 presidential elections

Michael D. Higgins, he's badass, pro-choice, pro-gay, pro-everything cool

NotWearingPants posted:

Don't you put women in jail for having abortions there?

That doesn't sound very super chill to me.

that's the hidden secret of ireland the president is a largely ceremonial position and we're still backwards as gently caress when it comes to laws. we just gave a maternity hospital to a group of loving nuns! the same nuns who abused kids and stole children from mothers in the 50s and 60s. backwards as gently caress. but our president is rad as hell

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

haljordan posted:

Explain.........whatever this is:

like i said: not trump, but not much better and not for long.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

When a bullshit bill passes the House by one vote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r13riaRKGo0

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lodin posted:

In the recent comics Starscream manages to con his way into winning an election and becomes the leader of all Transformers. Turns out it's really hard, complicated and no fun. Since he's utterly incompetent as a leader and slightly insane he delegates most of the decisions to a Decepticon that turns into a giant rat.

nice post

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

happyhippy posted:

I would rather him die of a flesh eating bacteria, and we are not going to see him jailed for the poo poo he did.
And so the next best thing is watching him squirm and hate whatever he is doing.
And so yeah, better than letting him slink away after the Brexit fiasco.

Trump's equivalent could be ambassador to Mexico.

Fair enough. I come from America, where a politician quietly slinking away is so rare we enjoy it in contrast to remaining in the public eye, continuing to suck up money forever.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lodin posted:

In the recent comics Starscream manages to con his way into winning an election and becomes the leader of all Transformers. Turns out it's really hard, complicated and no fun. Since he's utterly incompetent as a leader and slightly insane he delegates most of the decisions to a Decepticon that turns into a giant rat.

Life imitates art.

- Michael Bay

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Cobweb Heart posted:

Fair enough. I come from America, where a politician quietly slinking away is so rare we enjoy it in contrast to remaining in the public eye, continuing to suck up money forever.

Also, better then him loving off and getting paid to be a lobbiest or silent board member on some corporation.
Less pay if he stayed in govt probably.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
americans, not content with being just the dumbest people on earth, are quite likely, person by person, to be disgustingly fat as well

paul_soccer10 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 4, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NotWearingPants posted:

Bush started a war under false pretenses that cost us over 2 trillion dollars. Trump hasn't been worse than Bush, yet.

it'll actually cost 7 trillion in the end.

but we can't afford infrastructure or public transportation or job training or universal health care or welfare.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

skeletonotherkin posted:

No but a trip with the EMTs will run you at least a thousand.

CBJ or BBBJ or CFS?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if you pay a grand for a cbj you need your head examined.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

paul_soccer10 posted:

americans, not content with being just the dumbest people on earth, are quite likely, person by person, to be disgustingly fat as well

Yeah but think about it, being of normal weight and not drooling when you speak makes you way above average here

Should be a selling point for tourism IMHO

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/waltien/status/860213120316444672

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

idgi

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Yeah but think about it, being of normal weight and not drooling when you speak makes you way above average here

Should be a selling point for tourism IMHO

poo poo, you don't even have to be normal weight.

I need to shed a few pounds, but I still feel like a loving Adonis compared to the people I work with.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

ProperCoochie posted:

I'm loving the posts of non-American goons ITT. Please post more about how terrible we seem from the outside. I'm swimming in this trash, and much like the manual labor jobs I had back when I had to afford community college or a doctor appointment, I get the occasional squirt of garbage-juice into my mouth.

A lot of the time I just stare at poo poo in this thread and other places on the internet that talk about or quote Trump and shake my head/laugh/roll my eyes so far back I get dizzy.

But some of the time I feel really bad for all the americans that finished high school and understand cause and effect and saw this shitshow coming a thousand miles away, powerless to stop it because so much of the country has been systematically brainwashed for decades. I'm not gonna pretend I know how american politics work but Trump's fuckups and misquotes and misrepresentations of data are so severe that even I can tell that he's a very dumb teenager with undiagnosed narcissism and possibly an early onset of dementia stuck in a fat balding old man's body. I thank my lucky star everyday that I was born across the pond from the dystopian hellscape that Trump and the reacharound swapfest that the GOP is are turning the US into.
Fun fact: Due to a chronic disease I have, I would most likely become an invalid under the new health care bill. Or at the very least completely dependent on my parents and their savings.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" theme music

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foxhound posted:

A lot of the time I just stare at poo poo in this thread and other places on the internet that talk about or quote Trump and shake my head/laugh/roll my eyes so far back I get dizzy.

But some of the time I feel really bad for all the americans that finished high school and understand cause and effect and saw this shitshow coming a thousand miles away, powerless to stop it because so much of the country has been systematically brainwashed for decades. I'm not gonna pretend I know how american politics work but Trump's fuckups and misquotes and misrepresentations of data are so severe that even I can tell that he's a very dumb teenager with undiagnosed narcissism and possibly an early onset of dementia stuck in a fat balding old man's body. I thank my lucky star everyday that I was born across the pond from the dystopian hellscape that Trump and the reacharound swapfest that the GOP is are turning the US into.
Fun fact: Due to a chronic disease I have, I would most likely become an invalid under the new health care bill. Or at the very least completely dependent on my parents and their savings.

Math is for nerds

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Someone should kidnap Paul Ryan and force him to do pistol squats

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"Yeeah-uh! We did it guys! We actually did it. Huh... When am I up for re-election?"

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Foxhound posted:

Thanks for telling your story. With god's help you will be better soon. Come back if it works.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah that's it, i mean one upsetting video caused him to do a policy 180 and risk a war.

I don't think Trump is malicious, or rather he is but in the same way a child is. Like he doesn't intuitively understand human consequences unless you literally show him pictures of people dying. I dunno if it even occurs to him.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm gonna lol if Trump and Pence both turn out to be culpable in acts worthy of impeachment and the GOP is forced to choose between having President Paul Ryan or Nancy Pelosi

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

turn off the TV posted:

I'm gonna lol if Trump and Pence both turn out to be culpable in acts worthy of impeachment and the GOP is forced to choose between having President Paul Ryan or Nancy Pelosi

The impeachment insurance... impeached!!!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

turn off the TV posted:

As an idiot child of the usa, could you explain to me how Pelosi would make it in? I was under the impression succession indicated Pence is close enough to Trump he'd get knocked down too and Ryan would come after him.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Cobweb Heart posted:

As an idiot child of the usa, could you explain to me how Pelosi would make it in? I was under the impression succession indicated Pence is close enough to Trump he'd get knocked down too and Ryan would come after him.

Pelosi would be speaker of a democratic house

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Trump and Pence impeached and removed from office.

President Paul Ryan Bud Dwyers himself after taking the Oath of Office.

President Orin Hatch goes down in flames when he's found soliciting sex from a male page just minutes after taking HIS Oath of Office.

President Tillerson resigns because not even his wife can harangue him into taking the job. Also he's very tired and needs a nap. Oh, and more light treason.

President Mnuchin hurls himself from the Washington Monument, gibbering about space worms and hounds lurking in the corner of your eye.

Boom. We get President Mad Dog.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You do realize that Trump's hatred of Obama is so much that he's ruining a country to remove all that Obama did.

lol

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Strategic Tea posted:

I don't think Trump is malicious, or rather he is but in the same way a child is. Like he doesn't intuitively understand human consequences unless you literally show him pictures of people dying. I dunno if it even occurs to him.

I can understand an idiot child. Hell, I can understand an idiot adult. Trump had his whole life to understand that eugenics is disproven, wrong, and evil. But he still believes that he and his family are from a higher breed of human. He's a New Yorker, and there are thousands of homeless, downtrodden, and derelict peoples that he has seen outside his limo window, possibly even walked by on the street. He doesn't care. He built a golf course next to a housing project. He doesn't care.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

ProperCoochie posted:

He doesn't care.

Empathy is for women and churchies.
Consequences are for people without a team of lawyers.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/860288221472804865

Lol

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Thanks guys, now I'm lollin at the thought of Trump being taken around New York by a chauffeur, a la the awakening of Siddhartha Gautama, and coming to the exact opposite conclusion.

And then becoming the most powerful man on the planet. lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

hhahaha

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
In Canada, I went to the ER because I had an abscess on my tonsils, turns out it was peritonsilitis, a symptom of strep throat. Had to get it lanced and drained. All I paid for in the end was $30 for anti-biotics.

The US system truly baffles me. People would rather everyone around them die than contribute a marginal amount of their income tax to a single payer system.

I wonder if people like Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan wonder how history will examine their legacy 100 years from now, if they are truly proud of what they have accomplished, and if they even care.

The Archaic fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 5, 2017

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

The Archaic posted:

In Canada, I went to the ER because I had an abscess on my tonsils, turns out it was peritonsilitis, a symptom of strep throat. Had to get it lanced and drained. All I paid for in the end was $30 for anti-biotics.

The US system truly baffles me. People would rather everyone around them die than contribute a marginal amount of their income tax to a single payer system.

I wonder if people like Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan wonder how history will examine their legacy 100 years from now, if they are truly proud of what they have accomplished, and if they even care.

For the Milton Friedman, Atlas Shrugged types, they are indeed super proud and happy that poor people will be suffering, that workers will be paid in "paid time off" instead of overtime, and that corporations will have no overarching regulatory framework stopping them from exploiting every last sliver of the natural and social world.

For the "my constituents are honest, simple people and we need a limited government" morons, they don't think. They just repeat statements and cash checks.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hey at least he's not golfing tomorrow.

Also, I'm not sure how even he stretches this to a win, it won't be law. Fail.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I think obstructing everything done by the opposing party should have been called "McConnellism" but it's probably too late for that.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Burt Sexual posted:

Hey at least he's not golfing tomorrow.

Also, I'm not sure how even he stretches this to a win, it won't be law. Fail.

It's easy when you just completely make poo poo up and have a bunch of bootlickers push the narrative to a bewildered media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

haljordan posted:

It's easy when you just completely make poo poo up and have a bunch of bootlickers push the narrative to a bewildered media.

Nah even that bad fake media will laugh, as well as Brannon's site.