Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Mega64 posted:

Where's my fuckin CDi collection Nintendo

With animator commentary please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Real talk tho neon is for tacky people with no taste. It's not even a rich dark shade but some cotton candy bootleg color.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dizz posted:

Real talk tho neon is for tacky people with no taste. It's not even a rich dark shade but some cotton candy bootleg color.

Video game consoles should be bright tacky colors

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You may think consoles look tacky but wait until I mod a Gamecube handle onto my Switch!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

You may think consoles look tacky but wait until I mod a Gamecube handle onto my Switch!

Super glue it on the back of it to make a Standle

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Feenix posted:

Someone might prove me wrong (or maybe already has? ) but I feel like any charger worth its salt is probably bulky enough that it kinda fucks up the idea of having everything in a NINTENDO SWITCH case. Maybe a bag or something...

I've been digging the Nintendo Switch Backpack for mostly-switching purposes. Mine frequently contains a Switch, four joy-cons (because my coworkers are irresponsible and sometimes forget their switches), an AC adapter (which gets used surprisingly frequently), a better table stand, a clamshell case for my physical games (because I hate the environment), bicycle accessories, a book, and a paperweight3DS.

Oddly enough I leave my pro controller at home.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dizz posted:

It looks like a toy! :mad:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want a port of all my 3DS games. I wanna play Fire Emblem Fates again but on my Switch.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Hammer Bro. posted:

Oddly enough I leave my pro controller at home.

It's for the best...

i'd rather lose a joycon than a Pro controller.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#chapter-3

More Squid Sisters Stories.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So the Squid Sisters aren't actually sisters, that's just the name of their band?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

bef posted:

It looks like a toy! :mad:

Toys are cool as heck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't believe they killed off Marie

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

So the Squid Sisters aren't actually sisters, that's just the name of their band?

Their parents were the original squid sisters so they're actually squid cousins.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So would a Switch remake of Skyward Sword that ditches the motion controllers be worth it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
what am I saying why would I ever want to play another Zelda game after Breath of the Wild

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

So would a Switch remake of Skyward Sword that ditches the motion controllers be worth it?

Naaaaah

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dizz posted:

Agree fully, I will never buy weird was colored joycons, I already got a sheikah slate case for my switch as it is for tackiness

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Their duo is called Shiokara/Sea O'Colors in Japan, and they're cousins that won a singing contest.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How deep is the splatoon lore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should I read the Splatoon light novels before playing Splatoon 2?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sam Faust posted:

Their parents were the original squid sisters so they're actually squid cousins.

Wait, their parents were sisters? This is getting confusing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Calaveron posted:

what am I saying why would I ever want to play another Zelda game after Breath of the Wild

I could not sit through a Zelda game that locks me into the starting town with nothing but fetch quests and npcs for a couple hours. That sounds like torture

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

iajanus posted:

Wait, their parents were sisters? This is getting confusing.

Their respective mothers are sisters, and Cap'n Cuttlefish is their grandfather.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

I could not sit through a Zelda game that locks me into the starting town with nothing but fetch quests and npcs for a couple hours. That sounds like torture

Goddammit now I have the godawful Skyloft theme stuck in my head

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I haven't played Mario Kart since Wii and all this customization stuff is overwhelming

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lakbay posted:

I haven't played Mario Kart since Wii and all this customization stuff is overwhelming

Protip: You need to make sure your car, motorcycle, sports motorcycle or ATV at least has wheels and some sort of glider or parachute

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Skyward Sword HD that copies the business strategy of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

The exact same game for retail price, but for five dollars Link is replaced by Groose for the entire duration of the game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Skyward Sword HD that copies the business strategy of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

The exact same game for retail price, but for five dollars Link is replaced by Groose for the entire duration of the game.

That sounds incredible
From context clues and some knowledge of Full Clip Edition playing as Duke Nukem instead of Bulletstorm Man does not

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I can't believe they killed off Marie

The right squid died that night.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I would pay double for this.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe they should port wind Waker to a console people will actually play

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3DS

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Empress Brosephine posted:

Maybe they should port wind Waker to a console people will actually play

Will Groose be playable in it?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They did it's called phantom hourglass and spirit tracks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seemed like for a moment there the Zelda cycle was almost the new sonic cycle.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that Marie is a self hating sad sack and Callie continues to be friendly and sociable.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I enjoyed Zelda so much. I had it since launch day. I played... sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Up until today...

Unlike every other video game I have ever played, the novelty never really lost its luster.
I literally approached Hyrule Castle today with a sense of "ok... I guess I'd better finally do this..." fully not wanting it to end.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Calaveron posted:

How deep is the splatoon lore

Splatoon is a post-post apocalyptic game world. Where most games like fallout focus on how humanity struggles to rebuild Splatoon goes "eh all the humans died out from loving the environment and after a few million years the world went on without 'em" though the rising sea level and acidification of the oceans led to the squid-octopus turf war so we still are loving up poo poo from beyond the grave :ghost:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Invalid Validation posted:

They did it's called phantom hourglass and spirit tracks.

Two of the most severely underrated games of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Feenix posted:

I enjoyed Zelda so much. I had it since launch day. I played... sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Up until today...

Unlike every other video game I have ever played, the novelty never really lost its luster.
I literally approached Hyrule Castle today with a sense of "ok... I guess I'd better finally do this..." fully not wanting it to end.

I visited every area except the castle and I still have the Gerudo Divine Beast to go. I don't want the mystery of what the gently caress is going on in the castle to end but I have to do it before getting spoiled somehow.

that ivy guy posted:

Two of the most severely underrated games of all time

Phantom Hourglass was a bit meh imo other than Linebeck. Spirit Tracks is underrated though. The world in that has a ton of charm and Ghost Zelda is the series' best companion character.

• Locked thread