Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

thatguy posted:

What is the context to this? Was he trying to lay a fat burn or something?

I think he's trying to retort that there's a good reason the show is late for the millionth time. I imagine someone remarked with a sort of "Remember when ATV was broadcast on time?" and he went for a kind of ridiculous swing. I would imagine those earlier shows didn't show anything because they didn't have anything at the time to show, as opposed to now where it's all cafeteria and asian aliens all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

what is the biggest, most expensive, highest crew spaceship they have made available for sale, and what is the biggest, most expensive, highest crew thing you can actually use in the playable alpha

Uhhh I think the biggest most expensive highest crew spaceship they have sold is the Javelin Destroyer which is the size of a space station and crews God only knows how many (zero haha it'll never work with their netcode) and costs thousands of dollars. The biggest ship in the game right now is the Starfarer which costs 300 and crews 8 assuming by "crews" you mean has jobs for like three guys and then five other guys just run around.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Uhhh I think the biggest most expensive highest crew spaceship they have sold is the Javelin Destroyer which is the size of a space station and crews God only knows how many (zero haha it'll never work with their netcode) and costs thousands of dollars. The biggest ship in the game right now is the Starfarer which costs 300 and crews 8 assuming by "crews" you mean has jobs for like three guys and then five other guys just run around.

The thought of getting 24 players to crew a ship in an instance within the Amazon cloud, localized within physics grids and geographical locations to take into account how slow the speed of light is, combined with writing tens of millions of rows on a transnational and distributed DB per minute to store the PU persistent state is trivial. Of course there are the nine million NPC's that have to be layered on top.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 5, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:black101:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Just so we're clear, I'm going to be running everyone's posting patterns through a heuristics and pattern recognition algorithm to determine if you are worthy of my respect online in these forums.

This is totally normal and if you think it's weird then you, and not I, are bad and uncool.

I'll have your results in a week after I have fed the relevant information matrices into my federal posting database, de-smegged said database, and then run my holistic heuristic autistic algorithm thoroughly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

REMEMBER ME, JARED?!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Natron posted:

holistic heuristic autistic algorithm

mods change my name, etc...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Natron posted:

Just so we're clear, I'm going to be running everyone's posting patterns through a heuristics and pattern recognition algorithm to determine if you are worthy of my respect online in these forums.

This is totally normal and if you think it's weird then you, and not I, are bad and uncool.

I'll have your results in a week after I have fed the relevant information matrices into my federal posting database, de-smegged said database, and then run my holistic heuristic autistic algorithm thoroughly.

Glad to see you getting into the spirit of the thread.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

mods change my name, etc...
why am I not an elite hivemind yet, Mr mod

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Found another one!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Wow normally citizen opinions don't really enrage me but holy poo poo that combination of ASMR voice and invitation of criticism at the start of the video, then pre-emptive smug dismissal of same for the rest of the video. I didn't know that insecurity layered beneath preening condescension was my trigger but as I listened to this shitheel I suddenly realized why WWE has so many fans. "I welcome your feedback- and if your feedback is that things don't look good, you're a child. Also an idiot. Probably delusional :smug:." On a really primal level I just wanted to clock this dude with a folding chair.

Star Citizen : Its all about the beep beep boop boop

Also, why are the asteriods static?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the funny thing about getting quoted offsite is that people think theagent moniker means something

somehow I created this name to infiltrate CIG and not because I liked jerking off as a teenager and downloading warez

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

Holy poo poo, I refuse to read all that but it looks like that guy might be trying to murder Gremlich with words.

So that's what happened to G0rf.

TheAgent posted:

the funny thing about getting quoted offsite is that people think theagent moniker means something

somehow I created this name to infiltrate CIG and not because I liked jerking off as a teenager and downloading warez

Well, Star Citizen was in it's infancy back in 2002....poo poo wait I should adjust the date forward not back.That's how this works right?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr Fronts posted:

I have a Miele too. Let's start an ORG.

And gently caress Dyson. They only went to market once Miele did all the hard work, and their lovely low-effort vacuum cleaners don't do 5% of what the next gen Miele will do. I would rather choke to death on dust and dead skin than pick up a loving Dyson.

They are also the one with the IoT dishwasher with the directory traversal vuln - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/26/miele_joins_internetofst_hall_of_shame/ . And that was the first and only time I had ever heard of them.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

TheAgent posted:

It's like a game of telephone except at some point you hit a bunch of people who stop passing it on past themselves for a while and just tell each other what they think the message means.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

his nibs posted:

I miss branston

:smith:

I miss brenda too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Mods please change :shrek: to :oldschoolcmdr:.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Remember when people believed things CIG promised?......r/starcitizen_refunds remembers.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y78PPfs1NXc&t=1447s
:v:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

ripptide posted:

Remember when people believed things CIG promised?......r/starcitizen_refunds remembers.

Remember when SQ42 was going to be shipped in 2014 2015 2016 2017 ????...

If it had shipped, they wouldn't use inane Mark Hamill dialogue clips to taunt the idiots still backing this farce.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's like a game of telephone except at some point you hit a bunch of people who stop passing it on past themselves for a while and just tell each other what they think the message means.

X'ian whispers

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
promising, guessing, wondering, believing

star citizen

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Liu posted:

dont spend money to buy games unless they are actually out already? maybe

Or if they are from a halfway decent company with an actual track record. Among others, I preordered Doom 2016. It was great, other than Kinguin being idiots. (No plastic, so I gave the money to a friend and he decided to use them) It all worked out in the end, and I shot MANY monsters. IN SPACE!

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Who will have aliens in game first, Star Citizen or Elite?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Found another one!

WRONG! Those are EARTH turtles, not SPACE! turtles. Do I need to do EVERYTHING for you people? Stop spreading FUD, Drak!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Sandi: "Get that off the table."

Chris: "I will 'get that off the table.' You can go back to reading your paper if you want.." [Paper is shown being held up with Chris' face on it; full page advertisement for Charter Spectrum]

Sandi: [laughs sarcastically] "No, no. I'm good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y78PPfs1NXc&t=91s

This is the most passive aggressive display of contempt for eachother I have ever seen, lmao

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Roflan posted:

Who will have aliens in game first, Star Citizen or Elite?

What does your heart tell you?

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SgVuD635Ic

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
the most irrelevant man in video game history, deserves no accolades and his opinion matters not:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
WTH is up with their build system? Is this normal?

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Thoatse posted:

What does your heart tell you?

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SgVuD635Ic

Those are just teasers. Besides, I mean the actual aliens, not just their ships.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oh good! Looks like they got the final cutscene motion capture going where Pusher saves the day with all the movie actors.

Player character is just code for "cameraman" as you watch the massive Roberts epic play out before you. Occasionally you'll fly for a couple minutes between scenes in some kind of poo poo space mini game.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

Chris: "I will 'get that off the table.' You can go back to reading your paper if you want.." [Paper is shown being held up with Chris' face on it; full page advertisement for Charter Spectrum]

This is the most passive aggressive display of contempt for eachother I have ever seen, lmao

Sandi clearly dislikes the gift. After that exchange, they make a clumsy mid-sentence edit to a single of Chris talking about the magazine article. Obviously, something was cut out.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
I don't think it was so much the gift as it was the wrapper she was pointing at

nevertheless funny the way she says it to chris like he's an infant and he retorts with the quip of, "did you forget how famous I am bitch?"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah, except in this game you pick up the telephone and get an order for a couple pizzas, a brownie cake and a side of wings while asking if you are 14.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

I don't think it was so much the gift as it was the wrapper she was pointing at

Watch her expressions when he's opening it and reading the card. Frowning in disapproval instead of smiling.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Oh good! Looks like they got the final cutscene motion capture going where Pusher saves the day with all the movie actors.

Player character is just code for "cameraman" as you watch the massive Roberts epic play out before you. Occasionally you'll fly for a couple minutes between scenes in some kind of poo poo space mini game.

Yeah, well, I am going to buy the Deakensist pack and get ALL the space lenses! With LTI, in case I space lose one. You know, in space.

BDSCSE!

(Best drat space cinematographer simulation ever!)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nawledgelambo posted:

Stay till the end, and listen to the IT guy describe how they are constantly pissing money away making new desktop builds trying to one up each other in the office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This guy. Like a psychiatrist or something. I hope he does good, but wow is he deep in the rabbit hole now.

I wonder if he'll get angry when they just ooze through every logic trap he explains out to them in painstaking detail.