Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

Oh in that case, you'll need the +ATK seal. Then neutral Reinhardt with DB3 and Hone Cavalry will still take that Nino out. Ultimately, the -RES really hurts.

A normal Rein has 32 ATK, with dire thunder, death blow and ATK seal it becomes 32+9+6+1 = 48, Hone cavalry adds another 6 so it's 54

Attacking -RES Nino with fury a single hit deals 54*0.8-26 = 17(.2) damage.

That times two is 34 damage. The Nino survives with 2 HP. Am I doing something wrong here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ChronoReverse posted:

Should I keep saving orbs to hopefully eventually draw Shanna or should I just give up and use my spare Navarre to give Desperation 2 to my Nino?
3 or don't bother imo for those sorts of hp activation skills.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Andrast posted:

A normal Rein has 32 ATK, with dire thunder, death blow and ATK seal it becomes 32+9+6+1 = 48, Hone cavalry adds another 6 so it's 54

Attacking -RES Nino with fury a single hit deals 54*0.8-26 = 17(.2) damage.

That times two is 34 damage. The Nino survives with 2 HP. Am I doing something wrong here?
I recall that the triangle advantage is not calculated with a floor(ATK * 0.8) but rather with ATK - floor(ATK*0.2)

So the damage is 54 - floor(54*0.2) - 26 = 18 which is just enough to kill 36HP Nino.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

I recall that the triangle advantage is not calculated with a floor(ATK * 0.8) but rather with ATK - floor(ATK*0.2)

So the damage is 54 - floor(54*0.2) - 26 = 18 which is just enough to kill 36HP Nino.

Yeah that makes sense, my bad.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

Maybe swordbreaker on Nowi so she can eat falchion users? I've been using Ninian more than her in Arena these days, though.

Edit: Ryoma is +spd/-hp is that considered a good nature
I know people like that set up a lot, I haven't run it before or really come up against with my Lucina. It seems cool though!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The handy thing about running a Nino/Linde comp is that Linde's Fortify Res makes your Nino immune to everyone's crazy 1RKO Reinhardt shenanigans.

Unless someone has Goad Cavalry on a unit other than your Reinhardt, said unit is actually nearby so that he can provide the boost, Reinhardt gets at least +4 more ATK from another unit (Rally, Hone Attack, Hone Cavalry, Spur Attack, etc.), AND Reinhardt himself is +Atk and has Death Blow 3 and the Attack +1 Seal equipped so that he can get 59 attack in total to bear upon a +Spd/-Res Fury/Desperation Nino affected with +4 Res and has the HP +3 Seal equipped.

Needless to say, this is needlessly complicated compared to just killing Nino with another unit (or even just simply weakening her, and THEN attack her with Reinhardt so that he KOs her) so this will just about never happen.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i have the power of god

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ostentatious posted:

i have the power of god

He's one of the best candidates for it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Good man! Just what Jagen needs.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Jagen finally putting those spikes to use

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering who to mulch jagen to for fort cavalry

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

UHD posted:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering who to mulch jagen to for fort cavalry

For the big movement type based buff skill teams you have to keep in mind that the person you put that skill on isn't going to get that buff at all, so decide if you want to put it on someone who won't need +6 def/res as badly as others to shore up flimsy units, or if you want to put it on a non-tanky unit to make the tanky one hyper buff.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Can I merge a merged unit into an unmerged unit? For example lets say I had a +4 Nino with bad IVs and an unmerged Nino with better IVs could I merge my +4 Nino into it and end up with a +5 Nino with the IVs I wanted?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ok this is getting silly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You might be getting bad pulls overall but that pull, specifically, is pretty good as no-5* pulls go

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Looks like the typical pull I get. I'm not bitter at all about spending 100 orbs looking for Ike and only getting Ogma at the very end. No siree!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

sassassin posted:

He's one of the best candidates for it.

Sort of like an anti-mage hector honestly

Next step is probably quick riposte

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
He looks real bad

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Hes actually super good and my friend

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Rascyc posted:

It's probably second to rarity/level.

Word on the street is you need to be around +6 for it to start having a consistent impact but it's tough to say cause few people report their usage accurately, whereas the rest of the theory is simply based on when the merged 4* has better stats than a 5* excluding the weapon. If the theory holds you should see no change between a 5* Cherche and a 4*+5.

Any time someone has a lead on the arena scoring system there's a flood of people with contradictions on the fine details so it's tough to say.

I merged one unit and jumped from 12-18k to 2.5k

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah last week I had a +1 five star with three kitted five stars and a kitted four star. All infantry but one Nowi. The score was always 670-680 with a random 682 from time to time. That was like over the course of 15 matches before I settled for one run.

This week I promoted Anna to five star and with the same comp and it tends to trend 682 to 690. Had a one off 696 that was a cute match up against three Hectors and Zaph.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

help

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Random tower is really starting to burn me out on this game. I just want to level a few reds, game! Stop giving me nothing but tower stages of blues.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Random tower is really starting to burn me out on this game. I just want to level a few reds, game! Stop giving me nothing but tower stages of blues.

Have multiple teams of people to level so if one group doesn't have a good floor you can level up another team. Alternately just start a match on the starting tier and surrender so it will refresh the tower.

But yeah, the random thing can be a real pain in the rear end sometimes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Akett posted:

Have multiple teams of people to level so if one group doesn't have a good floor you can level up another team. Alternately just start a match on the starting tier and surrender so it will refresh the tower.

But yeah, the random thing can be a real pain in the rear end sometimes.

There's only two guys I need to level right now. The only time I'm not getting blues, it's giving me nothing but ranged guys. I'm trying to level these two Lon'que. :negative: it's a pain in the rear end to level them when every map is just one of these annoying castle maps with wizards blasting them from behind a wall. I could try to bring a higher level character, but then every unit just instantly suicides into hector even if the low level lon'que is right next to him. It's driving me insane.

EDIT: I've gotten this same loving map with an archer just sitting behind a rock in the exact same spot ten times in a row now. :shepface: Why does grinding have to be such a pain in the rear end.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

You have easy access to Fury 2, Rally Attack, and Buckler. Also, if you want to put in the effort, Brave Sword, Brave Bow, Pavise and Vantage.

Or a whole bunch of feathers, you make the call!

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Feather them all except hinata then use the feathers to 4 star hinata for a fury 3

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Do we know when the next voting gauntlet (with all the mages) is? Or have we only been told who's in it?

I just really want to spend some orbs trying to get a red mage.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

Do we know when the next voting gauntlet (with all the mages) is? Or have we only been told who's in it?

I just really want to spend some orbs trying to get a red mage.

It'll be next week, probably by the 8th when the current banner stops.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought Ike's banner ends in the 15th?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone made anything to simulate rolls with the same visual appearance, sounds and such?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Has anyone made anything to simulate rolls with the same visual appearance, sounds and such?
Heroin?

edit: I guess that's the exact opposite really

kaschei fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 5, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My current 4* axe users are Barst (x2), Camilla, and Sheena. I was thinking of taking Camilla to 5* since I have zero 5* axe users. Any reason I should go with one of the others?

3* Axe users I have are Michalis, Arthur, and Gunter(x2) if it matters for other options.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

My current 4* axe users are Barst (x2), Camilla, and Sheena. I was thinking of taking Camilla to 5* since I have zero 5* axe users. Any reason I should go with one of the others?

3* Axe users I have are Michalis, Arthur, and Gunter(x2) if it matters for other options.

You have Anna

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I would either 5 star anna or wait until I rolled a good unit, but I don't like camilla much

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I would either 5 star anna or wait until I rolled a good unit, but I don't like camilla much

Camilla can be alright, I definitely wouldn't 5* her though. Maybe if she had a +ATK nature.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have a -atk Camilla, clearly the best thing ever

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think my MRobin is too good. I've started getting matched with teams full of +2 max units. He just oneshot a +2 lucina with Aether.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I think my MRobin is too good. I've started getting matched with teams full of +2 max units. He just oneshot a +2 lucina with Aether.

Any with unit with triangle adept is going to absolutely murder all units of the the color they have advantage on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Also Aether is not a good skill as it just takes too long to charge, so it being on her is very eh. Lucina is much better sticking with Luna. Well, unless they've inherited Heavy Blade onto her, though I feel Luna would still be better for a number of reasons.