Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tag yourself I'm Cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

tag yourself I'm Cell

ok im perfect cell

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm Super Perfect Cell

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm Mister Super Perfect Cell.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 4, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm a cat

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.

You are quite clearly a dog

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

totally here for this wholesome content.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The Italian version of Wired interviewed Toyotaro and he said something curious:

quote:

Q: Tell us something about the upcoming Dragon Ball Super arc.
A: I can only say this: do not think you already know the definitive teams for the upcoming Tournament of Power. Even if they have been already revealed.

Errrr... Yamcha hype?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Can't wait for Toyotaro to do his own dumb poo poo again

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
He's gonna bring in Trunks and Goten because dude loving loves both fusions and transformations.

Bonus: everyone learns the fusion dance and does a mega-combo until there's only one fighter left: Gogeteenksbuullien.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

He's gonna bring in Trunks and Goten because dude loving loves both fusions and transformations.

:thinking:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Who will be replaced? Buu again? He already got some screentime in the preliminary round.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Who will be replaced? Buu again? He already got some screentime in the preliminary round.

tien and roshi

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

khwarezm posted:

roshi dies of old age after being recruited

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

khwarezm posted:

It's totally going to be Android 18 because we can't have nice things, and she doesn't have any transformations.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Fuego Fish posted:

It's totally going to be Android 18 because we can't have nice things, and she doesn't have any transformations.

Man, you know that would really annoy me somehow.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
No Vegeta for sure

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

khwarezm posted:

Man, you know that would really annoy me somehow.

Because out of all the characters who got introduced as women fighters and managed to stick around for longer than five minutes – Chi-Chi, Eighteen, Videl – only Eighteen has retained the ability to actually throw a punch. Chi-Chi got left behind long ago, Videl's gone full demure Yamato nadeshiko for whatever reason. It's why we're all so hype for our first Saiyan lady to show up, this show starves us for decent women characters and then it inevitably turns them into housewives.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't think Toyotaro likes transformations as much as you think he does

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Supreme Kai found a planet with strong fighters after all! We don't even need Goku!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure he may mean other teams, not the main protagonist team.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tenshinhan is actually Oolong in disguise

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Fuego Fish posted:

Because out of all the characters who got introduced as women fighters and managed to stick around for longer than five minutes – Chi-Chi, Eighteen, Videl – only Eighteen has retained the ability to actually throw a punch. Chi-Chi got left behind long ago, Videl's gone full demure Yamato nadeshiko for whatever reason. It's why we're all so hype for our first Saiyan lady to show up, this show starves us for decent women characters and then it inevitably turns them into housewives.

I'm going to be optimistic and hold out hope that they'll realize that stripping away the only female character on the team (and who's been plastered all over the marketing), who herself is a massive fan favorite usually underutilized, in a saga where they're hyping up the introduction of other, competing women characters would be really, really bad optics.

Honestly I actually can see them getting rid of Vegeta quicker and I wouldn't mind that, or Buu like I said because there's some odd stuff going on with him and he's got a recent place in the sun. But that might not be enough to sail past the cape of Japanese sexism.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Vegeta quits the team after realizing he can finally beat Goku by being a better father to his children.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Clearly Monaka is going to be recruited to replace Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rangpur posted:

Vegeta quits the team after realizing he can finally beat Goku by being a better father to his children.

well he won that fight ages ago

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure he may mean other teams, not the main protagonist team.

I mean... We don't get the Trio de Dangers again; who cares? We don't get the Pride Troopers; what was the loving point of hyping them then? The only swerve worth putting over would be with Team U7.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

HitTheTargets posted:

I mean... We don't get the Trio de Dangers again; who cares? We don't get the Pride Troopers; what was the loving point of hyping them then? The only swerve worth putting over would be with Team U7.

Oh poo poo it's gonna be team U6, they'll be nothing but Saiyans and it's going to be a billion loving transformations every second, golden auras blinking on and off like it's a goddamn rave.

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 5, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

HitTheTargets posted:

In a stunning plot twist, Hit gets assassinated before ever getting to show up for the tournament.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

well he won that fight ages ago

Goku sacrificed his life to save his family twice, Vegita only did it once.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rutibex posted:

Goku sacrificed his life to save his family twice, Vegita only did it once.
Goku has probably also never even seen a diaper, much less changed one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

Universe 6 is a big one.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
There is no way Toyotaro doesn't keep the Pride Troopers because he's going to have Goku stomp Jiren in base form because no one gets to compare to Goku.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If things made any sense jiren would ground base Goku into cosmic dust.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Stairmaster posted:

If things made any sense jiren would ground base Goku into cosmic dust.

Jiren should absolutely beat Goku and require Goku to outthink him or just straight up lose to him because Goku needs his pride wounded and to recognize the hosed up poo poo he's now ended up making.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Apparently someone datamined the JP site for Universe 6. Either "Kale" is the pre-production name for Caulifla or they actually ARE different Saiyans.

Also there's a bug monster from one universe who has strange techniques and can self-destruct. Yamcha better stay away from the Tournament.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'm sure the zenos are gonna get bored or something midway and make it u7 vs all more so than it already is. That's why brollina is with the pride troopers?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PMush Perfect posted:

Goku has probably also never even seen a diaper, much less changed one.

Vegeta abandoned his family after Bulma got pregnant with Trunks so he could try to become a super saiyan. Goku quit fighting for years so he could raise Gohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

StrifeHira posted:

Apparently someone datamined the JP site for Universe 6. Either "Kale" is the pre-production name for Caulifla or they actually ARE different Saiyans.

Also there's a bug monster from one universe who has strange techniques and can self-destruct. Yamcha better stay away from the Tournament.

i cant believe hes finally canon

• Locked thread