Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I thought 2B was infected during the flight back to Earth when the YORHA flight units started doing those EMP-ish attacks

I kinda figured 2B knew she was infected back when she sent 9S away during that fight and engaged her stealth mode so he can't find her. She also coded that last message into her flight unit, implying she knew she wasn't going to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

...! posted:

He's not being an rear end in a top hat. He's explaining why you didn't understand the question and based of off this reply, you still don't. Chill out.
I understood the question just fine and it had already been addressed. I wasn't answering his question, I was hinting that there's more to come from them than just the cameo appearance since he said he was familiar with them from the first game. Very much in the light of "Oh boy, if you like that cameo then just you wait because you're in for a treat!" Thanks for reading.

Fangz posted:

No because that timing is the only thing that would explain why 9S is the only YorHa uninfected.
But he's not. There are at least two others in addition to him. Did they ever explain why there are random YoRHa units that aren't infected? The girl by the Oasis and the other S model in the Forest Castle for example? Did they just get lucky by not uploading their data to the Bunker?

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 5, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RanKizama posted:

I understood the question just fine and it had already been answered. I wasn't answering his question, I was hinting that there's more to come from them than just the cameo appearance. Thanks for reading.

But he's not. There are at least two others in addition to him. Did they ever explain why there are random YoRHa units that aren't infected? The girl by the Oasis and the other S model in the Forest Castle for example? Did they just get lucky by not uploading their data to the Bunker?

They sorta do. 4S wasn't activated when the signal that destroyed most of YoRHa went out, and the survivors in the desert were too blitzed on Jackass's E-drugs to get infected.

Truly, Jackass is the savior android-kind never knew it needed.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

chiasaur11 posted:

They sorta do. 4S wasn't activated when the signal that destroyed most of YoRHa went out, and the survivors in the desert were too blitzed on Jackass's E-drugs to get infected.
Huh, I don't remember any of this at all. I'll assume this was brought out during the side-quests and I just forgot then. Thanks!

chiasaur11 posted:

Truly, Jackass is the savior android-kind never knew it needed.
The entire post-story letter you get from Jackass at the end of the game makes her the loving best.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Huh, I don't remember any of this at all. I'll assume this was brought out during the side-quests and I just forgot then. Thanks!

The entire post-story letter you get from Jackass at the end of the game makes her the loving best.

Everything about Jackass makes her the loving best.

I loved her role in the conclusion to the box sorting sidequest. Lazy rear end in a top hat kept bringing up his nightmare of a boss, and you figured it was just him covering his own rear end. Then... the ending.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
So how do you wake up the park statue now that they removed hacking into it from a smaller machine? I tried whacking it for a few minutes with my weapons but it still wouldn't wake up (is level 65 too weak?)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

So how do you wake up the park statue now that they removed hacking into it from a smaller machine? I tried whacking it for a few minutes with my weapons but it still wouldn't wake up (is level 65 too weak?)

Probably, yeah. I did it at level 74 and it still took a long time.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

I did it at 68 and it only took like 3 minutes tops by constantly throwing some lv4 bracers at it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How much damage does self destruct do anyway?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Is there anyway way to manipulate the "Speed" at which Emil's shop operates? I've stopped him all over the place but every single time he's always singing in double-time, which means I get his good wares, except I don't want his good wares, I want his cheap wares (warped wires, coiled springs, etc.).

Also, who drops simple gadgets?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isnt it his location and run that determines his wares? i.e. C and outside the camp = best stuff, Desert entry = junks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can farm Simple Gadgets at a couple spots like the Forest King's cradle, but it'll take a while cause they appear at a low rate. Good luck!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Isnt it his location and run that determines his wares? i.e. C and outside the camp = best stuff, Desert entry = junks.
He exclusively sells chips (and two weapons) by the desert and outside the camp, and materials if you catch him in the crater or the field. No matter where I manage to run into him though, he's always singing fast, meaning he's shilling the expensive stuff.

Dabir posted:

You can farm Simple Gadgets at a couple spots like the Forest King's cradle, but it'll take a while cause they appear at a low rate. Good luck!
Lame. Upgraded pods aren't even that good.

The things I'll do for a platinum. Least I had the sense to give up on fishing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why are the pod upgrades so bad uuuugh

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That was some good fuckin DLC.

The level 130 fights can go suck an rear end and I never managed those but the CEO fight rules and gives you the best rewards.

Ending, uh, Delta? was strange and also good. Poor Plato

Oh, and the shopkeeper who talks like the resi 4 merchant is amazing.

Also I guess I had a proper look at the jukebox and it is way cooler than I thought at first. It has friggin everything.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm assuming there still hasn't been any news about a PC patch? I've looked but haven't seen anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

McDragon posted:

That was some good fuckin DLC.

The level 130 fights can go suck an rear end and I never managed those but the CEO fight rules and gives you the best rewards.

Ending, uh, Delta? was strange and also good. Poor Plato

Oh, and the shopkeeper who talks like the resi 4 merchant is amazing.

Also I guess I had a proper look at the jukebox and it is way cooler than I thought at first. It has friggin everything.

Fight 130 is a huge pain in the dick yeah. It has a very impressive hackspace though so give it a shot if you haven't already.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am trash YoRHa, now for only $20.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

So, it's finally time for me to buy my first video game related wearable

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I just might get the dark version. That's pretty good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:lol:
I immediately knew I had found the secret boss of the game when I walked into an otherwise empty room but the floor was literally covered with dead player bodies.
...Then while fighting the final boss 9S wouldn't stop trying to examine the dead bodies every time I pressed O to use a healing item :argh:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CJacobs posted:

:same:

Ok, i actually once had (possibly still have in some box somewhere) a FFVII shirt i got for pre-ordering it. I might wear this one though.

Maybe.

Also, i love that a lot of fanart is just the cast being somewhat happy.

Delinquent A2 is very good.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 5, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

CJacobs posted:

Also I found out you can have some pretty long-range fishing spots.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah there's no maximum range on fishing, but in some spots you just can't see the pod. Have to rely on the audio cue.

e: I accidentally a word.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 5, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Begemot posted:

Yeah there's no maximum range on fishing, but in some spots you just can't see the pod. Have to rely the audio cue.

Yep. If you flip the light on you can see when it goes under too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bought it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, apparently the concerts just had some classic high level Taro Yoko trolling. Bless 'im.

So, five scripts were going to be performed. One about the origins of YoRHa, one about 9S and 2E's history, one with A2, that kinda thing. And the last one, well, that was going to be post ending E.

Before the concerts, they auctioned off a handful of script books, complete text of all five performances. They had disclaimers not to share them, but, of course, internet.

The ending E script had 9S not wake up, leading to 2B shutting down out of grief. Also had 135 being a total rear end in a top hat about it. Needless to say, people started going into full on "This cannot continue!" freakouts.

And then the day of the performance came. And whadya know, it turned out Taro Yoko was playing with people's emotions again, since despite the itinerary not even having the VA for 9S listed, he showed anyway. And things went off script with him waking up, 2B living, and the pair resolving to face the future no matter what pain it might hold.

Classic Taro.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
:smug: Finally got'em.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I am burning out on my 9S playthrough. I just got to the forest and it is all so samey and the combat is easy and repetitive at this point. I know it is probably worth slogging through it but someone convince me that the 3rd playthrough is worth this repetition please.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

rio posted:

I am burning out on my 9S playthrough. I just got to the forest and it is all so samey and the combat is easy and repetitive at this point. I know it is probably worth slogging through it but someone convince me that the 3rd playthrough is worth this repetition please.

It is.

Better, though, you're almost done with the samey part. After the forest, you just have Grun, and then it's all new content, and pretty fast on top.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

rio posted:

Third playthrough is 100% new content, and it's the payoff for the whole story. You'll find that everything in A+B is just setup for part 3.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

"playthrough" is a terrible term for what people mean for this game. I really wish people would call them chapters or acts or something. The latter half of 9S's story benefits the most from being told from his perspective. After that, the story shifts to an extension of the narrative the first half sets up, instead of telling the same story from a different perspective.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jeez, wish somebody had warned me the Emil superboss is just a reskinned Hegel fight, but worse.

And you've got to do this twice for Ending Y?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Jeez, wish somebody had warned me the Emil superboss is just a reskinned Hegel fight, but worse.

And you've got to do this twice for Ending Y?

what would be the fun in warning you? you're playing a Yoko Taro game

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ah, nevermind; once for the ending, once for the last sidequest.

Ended up being more manageable once I fine-tuned myself exclusively for ranged combat, but man you've gotta mash dodge like a mofo throughout that whole thing.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, apparently the concerts just had some classic high level Taro Yoko trolling. Bless 'im.

So, five scripts were going to be performed. One about the origins of YoRHa, one about 9S and 2E's history, one with A2, that kinda thing. And the last one, well, that was going to be post ending E.

Before the concerts, they auctioned off a handful of script books, complete text of all five performances. They had disclaimers not to share them, but, of course, internet.

The ending E script had 9S not wake up, leading to 2B shutting down out of grief. Also had 135 being a total rear end in a top hat about it. Needless to say, people started going into full on "This cannot continue!" freakouts.

And then the day of the performance came. And whadya know, it turned out Taro Yoko was playing with people's emotions again, since despite the itinerary not even having the VA for 9S listed, he showed anyway. And things went off script with him waking up, 2B living, and the pair resolving to face the future no matter what pain it might hold.

Classic Taro.

owns

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

Classic Taro.

oh my god that is just
:master:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ah ok, thanks. I didn't know that the end of playthrough B was new stuff. I can deal with the forest to get to all of the new poo poo and I am really looking forward to playing as A2 and all of the meat of the story.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Don't spoiler Japanese rpg music concerts please Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Their post had stuff for ending E, and someone else in the thread just asked if they should keep playing to see ending B. Tagging the post seems like a considerate thing to do.