Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now would be a great time for non-partisan hatred of the establishment if all the shitlibs would stop throwing tantrums about Trump voters

Indeed, posting about how dumb you were to think Trump would be anything different from how he is, is clearly keeping us from taking the fight to the establishment.

You whiny pissbabby you.:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
so how was health care in a death spiral

whats a death spiral

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Peetown Manning posted:

whats a death spiral

It's when poor people have access to the same things rich people do.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Peetown Manning posted:

whats a death spiral

Death spiral is a condition of the insurance market in which costs rapidly increase as a result of changes in the covered population. It is the result of adverse selection in insurance policies in which lower risk policy holders choose to change policies or be uninsured.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-death-spiral-trump-is-stoking-fear-1493906749-htmlstory.html

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Lemming posted:

You are aware it's not Democrats voting for this bill, right?

gently caress the Democrats you nerddd

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

man you got be loving retarded to think insurance/healthcare is/was in good shape.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Insurance is a big part of why healthcare is so expensive in the US: massive extra administrative overhead accounts for a giant chunk of extra costs. Both due to increased complexity requiring extra clerical staff plus just top-heavy administrations with ridiculous executive pay and lots of useless extra managerial jobs.

The rest is overinflated drug prices.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sound posted:

man you got be loving retarded to think insurance/healthcare is/was in good shape.

True, let's make it worse.:allears:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now would be a great time for non-partisan hatred of the establishment if all the shitlibs would stop throwing tantrums about Trump voters

Stop being partisan! Support trump!

Oh.. trump did something bad.. welll, trump is an attitude now, see!

This retard who actually believed trump was something other than a billionaire working for billionaires now wants to tell us things. Okay.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheBizzness posted:

It's a 414 page thread man. He's put a few out there.

I don't blame you for asking me that though. Just today he compared health care to taking your car to the mechanic for fucks sake.

I guess anything's possible. Monkeys and typewriters and etc.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

Stop being partisan! Support trump!

Oh.. trump did something bad.. welll, trump is an attitude now, see!

This retard who actually believed trump was something other than a billionaire working for billionaires now wants to tell us things. Okay.

You're still doing it.

You think Trump means anything outside of what he sold himself to be

Trump was supposed to be a Molotov in the white house, even Michael Moore's dumbass recognized that

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The GOP guts healthcare and fucks over the lower and middle class to an unprecedented extent and this dildo is posting about Hillary.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

scrubs season six posted:

The GOP guts healthcare and fucks over the lower and middle class to an unprecedented extent and this dildo is posting about Hillary.

Should be President Sanders, what happened there guys

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Obamacare has to die so that something better csn replace it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're still doing it.

You think Trump means anything outside of what he sold himself to be

Trump was supposed to be a Molotov in the white house, even Michael Moore's dumbass recognized that

*attempts to throw poorly constructed Molotov at White House, gets half of the gasoline on self and gets caught on fire*

Stop making fun of me for being on fire! That's what I wanted to happen! It's good that I'm painfully burning!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't really care anyway because these changes will probably benefit me lol (if they ever get through)

I don't have a pre-existing condition and I don't get subsidized. Thank god for the GOP lowering my premiums already

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Krustic posted:

Death spiral is a condition of the insurance market in which costs rapidly increase as a result of changes in the covered population. It is the result of adverse selection in insurance policies in which lower risk policy holders choose to change policies or be uninsured.

I.e. too many poors/sicks had insurance.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I don't really care anyway because these changes will probably benefit me lol (if they ever get through)

I don't have a pre-existing condition and I don't get subsidized. Thank god for the GOP lowering my premiums already

I hope you get ball cancer.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

I hope you get ball cancer.

It's cool that you want me, the barely middle class guy, subsidizing the poor's healthcare instead of rich fuckers. I'm the rear end in a top hat now

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
My insurance went up 100$ a month this year. gently caress you. God bless the GOP

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's cool that you want me, the barely middle class guy, subsidizing the poor's healthcare instead of rich fuckers. I'm the rear end in a top hat now

Oh this isn't the only thing that makes you the rear end in a top hat, trust me

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Hey guy that works 50+ hours a week, takes care of himself, and has gone to a doctor twice in the last decade... Yah you. Your premiums are going up 100 a month. Eat it bitch"

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The rest is overinflated drug prices.

When I went to Mexico and shopped around it became apparent how ridiculous drug prices are in the states. A bottle of amoxicillin is $3 dollars over there and $70 dollars without insurance here. Most medical and dental care is cheaper even if you have insurance so I recommend looking into going to Mexico for health procedures. I got my teeth cleaned over there for less than my USA dental co-pay.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Why have you spent so much time trying to pretend you aren't a scum sucking piece of piece of poo poo and then just spontaneously give up and admit it?

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

I.e. too many poors/sicks had insurance.

Go fix the wikipedia page.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Lemming posted:

Why have you spent so much time trying to pretend you aren't a scum sucking piece of piece of poo poo and then just spontaneously give up and admit it?

I'm sorry, are you helping me pay my rent? Are you going to give me cash to buy a house? Are you going to buy my groceries?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Hey guy that works 50+ hours a week, takes care of himself, and has gone to a doctor twice in the last decade... Yah you. Your premiums are going up 100 a month. Eat it bitch"

:lol: None of this describes you, dipshit, and you know it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, if your not on a hdhp and have a maxed out hsa

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm sorry, are you helping me pay my rent? Are you going to give me cash to buy a house? Are you going to buy my groceries?

You just gleefully posted that you're glad that you'll save a few bucks at the expense of tens of thousands of people dying every year and countless others going bankrupt, which makes you an irredeemable piece of poo poo. Stop posting.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I mean you literally did say money is the determinant of your worth to humanity.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

:lol: None of this describes you, dipshit, and you know it.

It's 100% accurate

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Lemming posted:

You just gleefully posted that you're glad that you'll save a few bucks at the expense of tens of thousands of people dying every year and countless others going bankrupt, which makes you an irredeemable piece of poo poo. Stop posting.

Send me 100$ a month then!

And lol stop posting.. who is this guy

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Send me 100$ a month then!

And lol stop posting.. who is this guy

There is nothing I, nor anyone else, can do to that will make you stop being a pile of filth. All the money in the world wouldn't fix what you are.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's 100% accurate
Shitposting 50 hours a week isn't working

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have to admit, I was a bit leery about the republican healthcare plan. Before listening to the republicans explain it I was skeptical. But then as I continued to listen it made me think to myself and I had to admit, what they said made a lot of sense. I found my self nodding along as they were talking and by the end, I was even standing up and applauding. I think this has a chance to really help out people struggling with high premiums and give people back a choice that they lost with obamacare. If the Senate doesn't screw it up this could be a really good thing.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I really like this college kid Democrat nut swinger coming in here telling me I should cream my jeans to pay 300$ a month for worthless insurance because it nebulously helps poor people (when all it really helps is insurance companies)

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't understand why a bill that is bad and a huge handout to rich people and insurance companies with some small token nod to the rapidly vanishing middle class is actually good because the bill preceding was also not very good.

Like wow what a low bar you've set for yourselves. Also $100 a month? Cry me a river it's called inflation. Maybe don't live in Chiraq.

Knight posted:

Shitposting 50 hours a week isn't working

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 5, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I really like this college kid Democrat nut swinger coming in here telling me I should cream my jeans to pay 300$ a month for worthless insurance because it nebulously helps poor people (when all it really helps is insurance companies)

I get a nice chunk of my paycheck cut out so your buddy can play more golf than he ever used to and chill out in his mansion two hours from where i am so i guess we're even.

maga, lol

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
As a young healthy guy this will probably work out for me just fine. But I also work in healthcare so I hope we still get bodies through the door, at least long enough for them to pay up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

I don't understand why a bill that is bad and a huge handout to rich people and insurance companies with some small token nod to the rapidly vanishing middle class is actually good because the bill preceding was also not very good.

Like wow what a low bar you've set for yourselves. Also $100 a month? Cry me a river it's called inflation. Maybe don't live in the murder capital of America.

It raised 100 a month from last year, and is slated to rise more.

It's like throwing 300$ a month away

And as far as I knew the plan was "Repeal and Replace Obamacare with something better"

• Locked thread