Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

scuz posted:

:siren: Roadmaster tiiiiiime :siren:

Taking pictures while working on cars is something at which I am VERY BAD so I wish I had more snaps. Here goes:

Hooooooly poo poo.

You know what you have to do.

Build a Cammaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antiquepacbell
Nov 4, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Just uh, keep in mind that even a phone without a SIM can still dial fun numbers.

Like 911.

And a larger PSAP has the ability to get a decent location on the phone if that happens.

Queue call to a giant cellular company where you hero takes the call.

Nameless Giant CSR : Hello this Nameless Giant, how may I help you.

Disgruntled Customer: The police were at my house and want to know why I called 911 but I didn't.

CSR: Do you have another cell phone that was deactivated?

Customer:Yes, I gave it to my three year old.

CSR: Did you take the battery out?

Customer:No, my baby wouldn't have no fun then.

CSR: Well that is what caused it.

Customer: Can't you fix that?

CSR: mumbles dumbass .. No Ms. Dumas I sorry that is not possible.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
What's a Cammaster?

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Incidentally, I will always love these because gramps had one a lot like it and used to take me to the beach in it :3: That thing is dope man.
Thanks, sadly it's not mine. I'm basically her caretaker, so I DO get to drive her every now and then. Her owner wants to keep her forever, and I 100% believe that, and I'm basically in charge of keeping an L05 running forever. Fun! :unsmith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

scuz posted:

What's a Cammaster?

A Cammaster is when you bolt a manual transmission onto an LT1 Roadmaster.

Behold.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

A Cammaster is when you bolt a manual transmission onto an LT1 Roadmaster.

Behold.
:stonk:

I'm uh... gonna have a chat with her owner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's amazing what healthy living does to your priorities. I used to spend 20 hours a week sitting on the couch playing video games. I haven't touched them in two months. I'm also ready to sell all my stupid nerd poo poo because it's taking up valuable sq footage I could put to better use.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Just uh, keep in mind that even a phone without a SIM can still dial fun numbers.

Like 911.

And a larger PSAP has the ability to get a decent location on the phone if that happens.

You should be able to completely disable the dialer and contacts apps on a rooted phone. I think that'll prevent emergency calls, too.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Like 911.

They already know about 911 and it's proper usage, I have a 7 and an 11 year old. The 11 year old keeps asking for a sim card, I just laugh. His response is "But everyone else at school has one!" "Yeah, kid not everyone.. for example you don't, just sayin'.." Also, why the hell do kids have cell phones at school? Aren't the furnished Chromebooks enough to rear end off with?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Health chat:

A guy just passed me in the hallway at work. He weighed about 400lbs. You literally could smell the diabeetus. Like, he had a strong odor of sugar. No kidding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

Health chat:

A guy just passed me in the hallway at work. He weighed about 400lbs. You literally could smell the diabeetus. Like, he had a strong odor of sugar. No kidding.

I have a regular customer, he's 20 years old, weighs roughly 300lbs, has a long greasy pony tail and yeah, you can smell whatever he's recently eaten when you pass by him.

And he's openly mocking my health kick and I'm like "enjoy dying at 22 tubby."

Edit: also, I'm fuckin proud of myself

This is 20 pounds lost in just under two months

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 5, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Congrats Rhyno! That's a major accomplishment. Glad you're feeling great in general!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno's trying to drop a couple dress sizes, he's gettin' married, y'know.

I'm not the best drywall worker. I learned about the magic of hot mud, but I either mix way too much and it sets up before I can use it, or not enough and I'm stuck having to clean everything up before I can mix more. :(

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I have a regular customer, he's 20 years old, weighs roughly 300lbs, has a long greasy pony tail and yeah, you can smell whatever he's recently eaten when you pass by him.

I never understood why you losing weight always offends others.

"Oh you ran 5 miles today? Well I would never do that!"

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It's amazing what healthy living does to your priorities. I used to spend 20 hours a week sitting on the couch playing video games. I haven't touched them in two months. I'm also ready to sell all my stupid nerd poo poo because it's taking up valuable sq footage I could put to better use.

Rhyno, it's awesome that you're making positive lifestyle changes, but that doesn't make all vices or leisure activities worthless. Video games in moderation are still a good way to blow off some steam, enjoy a story, have fun with buddies fragging the enemy online, etc. I just want to point this out to help prevent you from becoming "that guy" who rolls his eyes when anyone mentions something they do for fun that isn't ultimately productive.

Not that I should worry too much about a Comic Book Guy, but still. Just keep it in mind.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

mariooncrack posted:

I never understood why you losing weight always offends others.

"Oh you ran 5 miles today? Well I would never do that!"

Jealousy. Unhealthy people don't like seeing similar people escape.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Grats. The rate you're losing weight doesn't seem healthy. Way too fast unless you were like 400 lbs.

What all have you changed?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Good poo poo.

I went gluten free because of crohn's disease, and not only do I feel a hundred times better but I have virtually no body fat now whatsoever.

:feelsgood:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Larrymer posted:

Grats. The rate you're losing weight doesn't seem healthy. Way too fast unless you were like 400 lbs.

What all have you changed?

He's gotten engaged to a hot chick.

Big incentive to lose weight (now that you've managed to win said lady, you don't want to waste all that effort by dying at 35 and not enjoying growing old with her)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this week where i have nothing to do at work is going to spoil next week where we finally have confirmations on projects and not everyone is out sick with the plague or in germany

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

KozmoNaut posted:

You should be able to completely disable the dialer and contacts apps on a rooted phone. I think that'll prevent emergency calls, too.

Depends on the version of Android and manufacturer customization. Some can still dial from the lock screen if you tap "emergency".

Goober Peas posted:

That dude needs to be in an ER if his sugar is that high.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 5, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Depends on the version of Android and manufacturer customization. Some can still dial from the lock screen if you tap "emergency".

He said 'rooted', which means it probably no longer has manufacturer's OEM, and you can easily disable the emergency dial via root and Xposed.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 5, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Fair enough. My phone is rooted, but otherwise on stock firmware.

Xposed doesn't work on Nougat yet :smith:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

The Midniter posted:

Rhyno, it's awesome that you're making positive lifestyle changes, but that doesn't make all vices or leisure activities worthless. Video games in moderation are still a good way to blow off some steam, enjoy a story, have fun with buddies fragging the enemy online, etc. I just want to point this out to help prevent you from becoming "that guy" who rolls his eyes when anyone mentions something they do for fun that isn't ultimately productive.

Not that I should worry too much about a Comic Book Guy, but still. Just keep it in mind.

I've been playing Minecraft with a buddy from college recently (he's got a massive world built up on a Realms server) and it's been awesome to be able to reconnect with him even if he's hundreds of miles away in what he's termed a "virtual zen garden."

So yeah, I love going for a walk with my wife or, now that it's nice out, going for a bike ride (yeah, I won't ride in inclement weather; no, I'm not going to HTFU and be that guy riding in -12ºF not counting wind chill and three feet of snow), but there's a lot to be said about the benefits of non-active leisure activities in moderation.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Rhyno posted:

Conversely, I'm just over here all like...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Conversely, I'm just over here all like...

We just got a Duck Donuts near us. Are they remarkable in any way?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Seminal Flu posted:

We just got a Duck Donuts near us. Are they remarkable in any way?
Yes:
Maple w/ Bacon (pictured bottom left)
Orange cream w/ vanilla drizzle
Peanut Butter w/ chocolate sprinkles
Lemon w/ Raspberry drizz (pictured bottom middle)

The donuts themselves are not quite as good as Sugar Shack, but they're still a drat fine cake donut.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

The Midniter posted:

Alternatively if he's found its made a positive change in his life, there's nothing wrong with leaving an old activity. I personally stopped playing nearly so many games. I used to play a few hours a week. Now it's more like maybe a few hours a month. It's just not as fun for me any more and I always feel like I have something I should be doing instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
20 hours a week is a lot of loving video game time! I still want to play them, but maybe like an hour a day at most.

I've lost 20lbs in two months. I've cut all sugary juices out of my diet and all fried food. Previously I ate fried chicken 3 times a week, 5 Guys twice a week etc. I buy and eat fruit, low calorie foods, cook at home 5 days a week now.

For exercise I hit the elliptical every day for 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes depending on how much time I have. Three days a week I'm doing a basic weight routine.

The biggest change is I got off my rear end and decided to make a goddamned change. Anyone who knows me in person can attest to how lazy I was, I didn't want that anymore. My friend's murder was a major motivator to make this happen.

And I'm 5 pounds away from my 90 day goal and I have an entire month left to hit it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

20 hours a week is a lot of loving video game time! I still want to play them, but maybe like an hour a day at most.

I've lost 20lbs in two months. I've cut all sugary juices out of my diet and all fried food. Previously I ate fried chicken 3 times a week, 5 Guys twice a week etc. I buy and eat fruit, low calorie foods, cook at home 5 days a week now.

For exercise I hit the elliptical every day for 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes depending on how much time I have. Three days a week I'm doing a basic weight routine.

The biggest change is I got off my rear end and decided to make a goddamned change. Anyone who knows me in person can attest to how lazy I was, I didn't want that anymore. My friend's murder was a major motivator to make this happen.

And I'm 5 pounds away from my 90 day goal and I have an entire month left to hit it.

If it makes you feel better I have three nights a week to myself and I go to the gym before binging on video games for 9 hours

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Well done Rhyno!

I've never been to a gym but I think i need to start or to buy myself some kit for at home.

I've been using a fitbit for the past 18 months and have managed to do a minimum of 5k steps per day for most of that time (I did 9070 steps per day during april on average).
This however apparently isn't enough to counteract my sedentary computer janitor style life and the beer that i enjoy drinking and my belly seems to be growing :(

Is anybody else here using a fitbit? I want more fitbit friends! This week me, my sister and a mate did the fitbit workweek challenge and it was fun and got me out walking more! (and I'm in the lead by 2k with 1 hour left after a 3 mile hike thisafternoon!)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Unless you see a really good deal, you may be better off looking for a used set of weights kit. Olympic bars and plates can be pricey new, but there's not that much you can do to hurt lumps of cast iron, and the 1" bar stuff isn't that wonderful (and comes with bugger all weight most of the time).

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
CARPENTER BEES?! IN MY HOUSE?!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

Well done Rhyno!

I've never been to a gym but I think i need to start or to buy myself some kit for at home.

I've been using a fitbit for the past 18 months and have managed to do a minimum of 5k steps per day for most of that time (I did 9070 steps per day during april on average).
This however apparently isn't enough to counteract my sedentary computer janitor style life and the beer that i enjoy drinking and my belly seems to be growing :(

Is anybody else here using a fitbit? I want more fitbit friends! This week me, my sister and a mate did the fitbit workweek challenge and it was fun and got me out walking more! (and I'm in the lead by 2k with 1 hour left after a 3 mile hike thisafternoon!)

I had a garmin wrist thingy and while it seemed like a gimmick when I bought it, I definitely did more exercise when I had it.

Then the screen died under warranty and I took the cash.

My inability to fit in my work trousers has encouraged me to order a Chinese knock-off that it is claimed works as well. I'm waiting for delivery

It's odd that the desire to reach my daily goal on such a device was making me go for extra walks.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
gently caress yeah weight loss. Join us in the check in thread!

Being busy as hell the past week and a half has meant no gym time. Depressing.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

It's odd that the desire to reach my daily goal on such a device was making me go for extra walks.

Speaking as someone who is now on a 35 day long daily goal hitting streak I know exactly how you feel!

I often sit on my arse all day working from home and I have a local walking route that is exactly 5k door-door and I am so used to that I can do it in the dark without thinking about where I am going or falling into any ditches.

I upped my daily goal to 6k recently and haven't yet settled into an easy 6k route but have found some nice good-weather routes this week, though none are likely suitable for the other 6 months of the year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Goals make a huge difference. I started tracking my food intake a couple weeks back, and the change it has made in how I shop and my attitude towards food are amazing. Down 8lb (which isn't much, I started at 387) in two weeks and feeling a lot better now that I can focus on gamifying my food choices and realize that my impulse choices have a thousand calories of sugar in them.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 6, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I gotta start running, but I don't have the time for a gym routine, nor do I want to spend the time on one.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I can't decide whether to love or hate this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlMlv0M6zo

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Kid chat. Move along.

oh my god, tiny (not really) babies! #3 arrived yesterday and everything is awesome. She's great, mom is great and we just came home a few hours ago. Im still freaking out trying to make sure I can hear her breathe while she's sleeping. And let's not go down the anxiety-laden hole that is "what if something happened to me or someone in my family?" I may need a therapist....

Anyways, it's great, I'm super stoked and she is awesome. :3:

Edit: also, you want a fitness routine? Watch the Barkley marathons on Netflix. :stare:

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Kid chat. Move along.

oh my god, tiny (not really) babies! #3 arrived yesterday and everything is awesome. She's great, mom is great and we just came home a few hours ago. Im still freaking out trying to make sure I can hear her breathe while she's sleeping. And let's not go down the anxiety-laden hole that is "what if something happened to me or someone in my family?" I may need a therapist....

Anyways, it's great, I'm super stoked and she is awesome. :3:

Edit: also, you want a fitness routine? Watch the Barkley marathons on Netflix. :stare:

Woot! Congratulations.

Man, AI is getting old.

• Locked thread