Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Improbable Lobster posted:

E: Of course, conservatives are huge baby bitches and their "campaign" against Colbert is particularly dumb and petty.

Yeah, you'd think the show being boring and uninteresting would be reason enough for CBS to fire Colbert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Dear Glenn,

Colbert is rich and you are not. Rich people are superior to poor people, right?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Ditko's ideology is loathsome trash, but I can respect that he takes it seriously and isn't coy about it. The Tinsleys and Ramirezes of the world are the dudes that go to church once a month and once read the cool parts of Exodus, and indulge in whatever heresy and blasphemy they wish while preening themselves for their holiness, but Ditko is the guy that would take a bullet before breaking a commandment, out of genuine terror for his soul. Like Moore said for Rorschach, his integrity is admirable, despite it being idiotic and borderline insane.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh good we got to the "why is everyone so offended" part of his career. Goody gumdrops.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Good God Almighty.

Who is this? I'd like to look up some of their other work.

Here's her tumblr, where she posts her cartoons. She's pretty amazing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Dear Glenn,

Colbert is rich and you are not. Rich people are superior to poor people, right?

Not nearly as wealthy as Colbert but doesn't he do story boards and character design on some pretty big animated movies? I'm sure Glenn is living pretty fine.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

<Guy Montag> Is not the torch on top of the book? that usually burns the book.
<Indiana Jones> Never abandon your torch, thats the first rule. When you are in a dark place and you abandon your light.
<Oscar Wilde> Why people knee to pray? Is God a children and you have to lower to his height to talk at his level?
<Indiana Jones> Miss Lady abandon the light of enlightenment, betraying humanism, and choose superstition. A good cartoon.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Naw I'm pretty sure the anger is being directed toward discrete and identifiable targets, Stantis/Allie. Sorry if you've been getting nasty letters that make you boo-hoo, but there's a very simple reason for that: you're trash.

Sure, you feeeel like you did your due penance by navel-gazing for months, but you learned absolutely gently caress-all, as you showed when you returned to your old cycle of "Trash the Clintons and liberals in general as pure evil/Bemoan how nasty everything is/Goto 10".

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 5, 2017

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The whole Kennewick Man clusterfuck was this. Even though the remains were eventually shown to be related to the nations in the area, the initial claims that he had Caucasian features got picked up and ran with.
The time-traveling Patrick Stewart hypothesis was disproven? :(

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

That's an awful caricature of Ryan.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Pretty good Mr. bean though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

That's an awful caricature of Ryan.
I disagree.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Only took me a second or two to get it, better than a lot of what we see.

Also, Tei, you are a good poster and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Good morning show me the Garrison!

Also loved that post on Steve Ditko, thanks!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

This is clever. I almost posted AGC but then I realized it is one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hate Marlette so much, he's like the worst offender of the truth is the middle type here

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

Der Waffle Mous posted:

That's kinda the thrust of it. There's been a pretty goddamn long history of science being used to delegitimize native peoples that it's made a lot of us suspicious of it.

The whole Kennewick Man clusterfuck was this. Even though the remains were eventually shown to be related to the nations in the area, the initial claims that he had Caucasian features got picked up and ran with.

the other tribes wanted to bury kennewick man's skeleton in a secret location and permit zero study of it, so gently caress them

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Kurtofan posted:

I hate Marlette so much, he's like the worst offender of the truth is the middle type here

The message would have been stronger if somebody was ripping IVs out of the arms of sickly baby chicks because of TrumstickCare, I agree.

A rooster promised golden eggs, the chickens failed to think critically about what they were told, and now must pay the price.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kurtofan posted:

I said this like two months ago and a bunch of people jumped down my throat but he's been doing it intermittently since January, if not November. And often enough that I took notice, and I'm not very observant. What happened to him?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Is this actually something someone said? Because, uhm...

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Is this actually something someone said? Because, uhm...

http://shareblue.com/gop-lawmaker-to-constituents-who-will-die-without-health-care-they-didnt-vote-for-me/

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I know people here like to say the Republicans are Cartoon Villains. I just never took it to be so literal.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 5, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Skippy Granola posted:

The message would have been stronger if somebody was ripping IVs out of the arms of sickly baby chicks because of TrumstickCare, I agree.

A rooster promised golden eggs, the chickens failed to think critically about what they were told, and now must pay the price.

i'm talking about his cartoons in general, it's always one pro-dem, one pro-gop cartoon, rinse and repeat

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 5, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

He almost said something reasonable, innovation driven by free market economics will save more lives, an idea that you can disagree with but is grounded in actual economic theory. Instead, the Republicans just can not seem to hold back their true feelings of FYGM anymore.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I said this like two months ago and a bunch of people jumped down my throat but he's been doing it intermittently since January, if not November. And often enough that I took notice, and I'm not very observant. What happened to him?

Nothing happened to him, he's just a Floridian who thinks that not believing every right-wing talking point all of the time makes him a politically enlightened centrist unburdened by bias. He'll still draw Ed Asner Hillary holding a bag of But Those Emails—but it's ok because he did one where he admitted that Jeff Sessions was controversial.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Marlette was always "both candidates are bad!" And shat on Hillary a bunch in the election. His caricature of her is probably one of the more vile ones. I think him and Stiglich are the two cartoonists that I hate the most.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Broken Cog posted:

I know people here like to say the Republicans are Cartoon Villains. I just never took it to be so literal.

I assume what he meant, based on his comments about "location," was not "gently caress my constituents if they didn't vote for me," but rather "these are out-of-state protesters." Still a dumb argument.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If I remember correctly, early in the primary season, Marlette supported Hillary, and he only backed off into "both candidates are bad" after the buttery males got to him.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

seiferguy posted:

Marlette was always "both candidates are bad!" And shat on Hillary a bunch in the election. His caricature of her is probably one of the more vile ones. I think him and Stiglich are the two cartoonists that I hate the most.

The "Both candidates are bad" pisses me off because it's such a poor excuse to wash away any responsibility for electoral outcomes. They get to say they hate both but never have to really put any effort into actually doing any good in our political system.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ularg posted:

The "Both candidates are bad" pisses me off because it's such a poor excuse to wash away any responsibility for electoral outcomes. They get to say they hate both but never have to really put any effort into actually doing any good in our political system.

Usually both candidates are bad in the sense that it is bad to have a cold, and bad to have cancer, but if you were forced to pick, you would pick the former.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BarbarianElephant posted:

Usually both candidates are bad in the sense that it is bad to have a cold, and bad to have cancer, but if you were forced to pick, you would pick the former.

But her emaiiijgggghhckk; :unsmigghh:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Technowolf posted:

But her emaiiijgggghhckk; :unsmigghh:

I'm shocked how effective this line has been and continues to be.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Or you can complain more about the former to make up for the other and go "Oh I'm not going to vote".

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

It's more "we are all flawed human beings, and it's nearly impossible to find someone that aligns with our political views 100%" but for some reason, most Americans just decide to simplify it down to "both sides are bad" to handwave any critical thinking on the topic.

Ularg posted:

Or you can complain more about the former to make up for the other and go "Oh I'm not going to vote".

At least I get to avoid the cold, and everyone else gets cancer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

seiferguy posted:

It's more "we are all flawed human beings, and it's nearly impossible to find someone that aligns with our political views 100%" but for some reason, most Americans just decide to simplify it down to "both sides are bad" to handwave any critical thinking on the topic.

we are all flawed human beings

This issue is especially powerful in young voters, which is why I think, they don't tend to vote. They see that both Clinton and Trump are crashing hypocrites in a lot of things, so they drat them as equally bad, when Clinton had a much better plan for the country (since Trump's plan was basically "lighting the country on fire" it was hard to be worse.)

Men also get more of a pass for being flawed, so Clinton's peccadillos were more of a concern to people than Trump's complete corruption. Her slight smugness was absolutely infuriating to a lot of people, while Trump's towering vanity and arrogance got given the "great man" pass.

• Locked thread