Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

as far as I can tell landing at the power plant causes you to be blighted by god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Watched Grimmmz stream for the charity event. Grimmmz and Anthony are such a good duo, and I was really happy for them winning round 3. They got 13 kills together too.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

blahz posted:

Watched Grimmmz stream for the charity event. Grimmmz and Anthony are such a good duo, and I was really happy for them winning round 3. They got 13 kills together too.

I watched it because I am a loser idiot. They took 1st/3rd for kills and Grand Champions. It was really entertaining

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I was surprised viss/smak didn't do better seeing as they duo together nearly every day

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I watched it because I am a loser idiot. They took 1st/3rd for kills and Grand Champions. It was really entertaining

drat that's great!

I might catch the main stream later tonight, but I definitely agree it was an entertaining event and I hope they hold some more soon. It really sucks for those that crashed.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

blahz posted:

drat that's great!

I might catch the main stream later tonight, but I definitely agree it was an entertaining event and I hope they hold some more soon. It really sucks for those that crashed.

All 3 of their games were entertaining. They were super aggressive and pulled off some hilarious poo poo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The vector is just really, really nice:

https://streamable.com/rj4xn

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ran into an exciting new bug today where I somehow lost my ability to run or ADS.

Also discovered an amazing new facet to the bug where buildings don't load properly and look like they're made of playdoh: if you can find a car when this happens, you can drive straight through walls. Slammed a Dacia straight through a house and plastered some poor confused motherfucker.

So, you know, it's not all bad.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

Ran into an exciting new bug today where I somehow lost my ability to run or ADS.

Also discovered an amazing new facet to the bug where buildings don't load properly and look like they're made of playdoh: if you can find a car when this happens, you can drive straight through walls. Slammed a Dacia straight through a house and plastered some poor confused motherfucker.

So, you know, it's not all bad.

Beaglerush's YouTube has a video where one of his squadmates dies (eventually), but before that saves all of them because a bridge doesn't render on his computer and he shoots the entire enemy team because they are suspended in midair.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Had my first chicken dinner tonight! Won in squads with 2 buddies and a rando french dude who ended up being pretty drat helpful.

It ultimately came down to us and one other team. The other team was posted up in a tiny little smattering of buildings, meanwhile we had managed to (somehow) make it down a nearby hill and post up in a shady little patch of grass, level with the houses and covered with trees and bushes, right outside. It was honestly the most perfect cover outside of an actual building I've seen playing this game. The final circle was placed perfectly right by our area, forcing them to leave the buildings and come out into the open. From there it was a fish-barrel situation.

Feels fuckin good man.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This one time in a squad game we were in one of the last circles and right at the edge we came up on like a literal lip of earth that we could stand upright behind, fully covered, and see over to a flat open field. I think it was in the NE of Gatka area with all the disrupted terrain, but it was truly impenetrable because no one would have even known we were there from the approach.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

as far as I can tell landing at the power plant causes you to be blighted by god.

that plant is full of atoms, of course it's haunted.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddammit I just got top 3 with hella ammo for a fully geared out AK with silencer and silencer UMP, but decided to push for some reason on the last circle aaaaaaa

reminder: don't make that first move without knowing where they are

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Goddammit I just got top 3 with hella ammo for a fully geared out AK with silencer and silencer UMP, but decided to push for some reason on the last circle aaaaaaa

reminder: don't make that first move without knowing where they are

Yep, when you have a silenced AR with a scope your best bet is to be one of those bastards that hangs on the edge of the circle and pops everyone running in.

God I want another round like that where most of the last few circles are on a bridge. Such a turkey shoot.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
http://i.imgur.com/TMoJ9gd.gifv

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Holy poo poo yes

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

amazing

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

:discourse:

God that's good.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

How the gently caress

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Raged posted:

How the gently caress

Pretend to be a body!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
welp now my life can't be complete until I successfully pull that off.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Best part is the scooting over to loot the new bodies at the end.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Fun fact: in the world of PUBG a vehicle needs gas for its brakes to work. What a weird thing.

zipzilchzero
Jan 1, 2006
At least I can promise nothing.
Something about the framerate is getting worse. When my FPS drops it's also slowing down my aim. I'm wondering if there was a direct input option that it would even help.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Where helmets while driving kids, otherwise when you flip off a cliff because you weren't paying attention to the road you might survive.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and all my framerate problems vanished

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yodzilla posted:

Fun fact: in the world of PUBG a vehicle needs gas for its brakes to work. What a weird thing.

I'm gonna let you in on a huge secret. Space is handbrake

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

6 kills w/ the ump
1 kill w/ the m4
1 kill w/ the vector at the end from military base to severny

dont be sad if you find a ump instead of a rifle, the gun does work

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

zipzilchzero posted:

Something about the framerate is getting worse. When my FPS drops it's also slowing down my aim. I'm wondering if there was a direct input option that it would even help.

It's just input lag. Higher framerates mean less input lag and smoother aim

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Shroud and his c9 buddies has been my favorite stream so far. It gets intense and fun. If you have an hour spare, the last two rounds from today were hilarious. There was a motorcycle gang, "Square Formation" drive by, motocross, wrecks costing their meds before any shooting, mountain biking, Evil Kaneville jumps, a rescue mission to save a teammate stuck in a concrete wall, and a solid finish.

It mainly starts here @ 6:41:00: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140196958?t=06h41m00s

AzureSkys fucked around with this message at 11:43 on May 5, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
It would be really nice if it was impossible to shoot while inside the blue.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Raged posted:

It would be really nice if it was impossible to shoot while inside the blue.

Would it though?

I honestly feel like the speed of the circles is pretty good as it is. In the beginning I felt that the next circles happened a bit too fast in the last few circles but after getting better at the game I don't think more than very minor teaks on the speed and timing is needed.

I do however think maybe the locations of the circles and especially the last few circles (when about 10-15 people are left) could be looked at. Sometimes the terrain is just god awful if you are entering from one side and I think more neutral places could be found. This however must not be predictable at all (so that you can learn exactly where the last circle is going to be) so it might be impossible :ohdear:

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 5, 2017

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Ostentatious posted:

6 kills w/ the ump
1 kill w/ the m4
1 kill w/ the vector at the end from military base to severny

dont be sad if you find a ump instead of a rifle, the gun does work

UMP owns. I'll generally always grab one because it's incredibly reliable and works well for indoors and short to mid range encounters alike

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm gonna let you in on a huge secret. Space is handbrake

So does that work when you're out of gas but not the standard brakes? I'm honestly curious now.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Would it though?

I honestly feel like the speed of the circles is pretty good as it is. In the beginning I felt that the next circles happened a bit too fast in the last few circles but after getting better at the game I don't think more than very minor teaks on the speed and timing is needed.

I do however think maybe the locations of the circles and especially the last few circles (when about 10-15 people are left) could be looked at. Sometimes the terrain is just god awful if you are entering from one side and I think more neutral places could be found. This however must not be predictable at all (so that you can learn exactly where the last circle is going to be) so it might be impossible :ohdear:
gently caress THAT

Part of the fun is that it's unpredictable. Sometimes the terrain is going to gently caress you, or the buildings, or the bridges; that's why if you're someone who worries about that, you play "the terrain/building/bridge game". Everyone is basically given a fair chance to engage at their own optimal time and situation, and in that choice lies your own destiny. You can play the game any way you want, going hot into contested zones or chuting out to the boondocks and playing it safe. You can take whatever weapons you find, or wait for ones you prefer, and none of them are unviable because you can choose to camp a stairwell, snipe a field from a roof, or hunt folks down with any of them. You're absolutely in control of your own fate in this game

And you can make it all the way up to #2 playing any way you want; 2 out of 100 players, without ever pulling a trigger or picking up a weapon if you so choose. But it's all gonna end in some random hosed up way, that's for certain less than ideal for everyone, and how you deal with THAT, is when the real PUBG begins.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So how much better is this game when running in/with squads? I've won solo a couple of times now, and while it's fun, I'm not enjoying it to the level that everyone else seems to.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Warbird posted:

So how much better is this game when running in/with squads? I've won solo a couple of times now, and while it's fun, I'm not enjoying it to the level that everyone else seems to.

Squads are great but imho, Duo's is where this game shines.

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
Duo really is the sweet spot. Easier to coordinate and you got a buddy to watch your back.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
God EU server is loving garbage today. 1 second delay opening doors and getting shot from loving nowhere while behind cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How important are kills for raising your ELO? My strategy right now is to just run for the next safe zone as soon as it appears and camp in a safe place. This seems to be a consistent way to stay alive while everyone else kills themselves, but obviously I don't get many kills. I managed to win a solo game where my only kill was on the last guy.

• Locked thread