Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Somebody brightened the shadows at the end

http://imgur.com/dK1rdYr

loving Raiden and Black Manta and probably Azrael. loving Red Hood AND Azrael, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Now give Ollie an Arsenal Premier Skin and I'll have the OG Outlaws in the game

:flashfap:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MinibarMatchman posted:

loving Raiden and Black Manta and probably Azrael. loving Red Hood AND Azrael, gently caress.

I kind of love how its a bunch of hard to make out silhouettes and then black manta's big loving helmet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Fighter Pack 2 probably means the next batch of three of the promised 9.

Hopefully sub-zero is as fun as scorpion was before they tossed the poor guy into the trash.

Ooh right, my bad. I totally misunderstood that. I hope we get another batch of 9 fighters after the current planned batch of 9 then. :P

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Red Hood, Starfire, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Black Manta, Booster Gold, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Azrael, Rudy.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I hope the lady on the far right is Vixen, I feel like Netherealm could make a great moveset with her. If it's not her I imagine Morgan Le Fay, Circe or Grail the Darksied daughter

Edit: They really need to stop letting Jim Lee anywhere near Mortal Kombat costumes. What the hell is going on with your arms Sub Zero

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Booster Gold, Black Manta, Wildcat, Azreal, Raiden, Talia

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Man, Red Hood sucks so bad but I guess he clears the bar of "stars in his own comic" so they might as well put him in.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I hope the lady on the far right is Vixen, I feel like Netherealm could make a great moveset with her. If it's not her I imagine Morgan Le Fay, Circe or Grail the Darksied daughter

Vixen could be great, and I could see it happening with her being in the CW shows

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
As long as it's really booster gold it will be worth the 40 some-odd dollars for the ultimate edition

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Black Manta is definitely confirmed, also looks like Raiden.

oh the picture was posted earlier, but at least it's not a link :colbert:

Oh yeah Azrael is a good guess, but it could be Spawn as a guest character.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 5, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Interesting theory

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Fits my wildcat theory

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Interesting theory

Seems like a stretch and a half, how is azrael a divinity or sub zero an outlaw

I'm going with Azrael being Spawn

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

enchantress would solidify this as the worst dlc character pack ever

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
beast boy is dead too, nuked in metropolis

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

beast boy is dead too, nuked in metropolis

We are on our 3rd Green Arrow.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Red Hood alone is enough to make this the worst DLC pack Nether's ever done but trash design Starfire and MK female designs don't play nicely.

At least Sub Zero is always fun, if incredibly predictable.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

Seems like a stretch and a half, how is azrael a divinity or sub zero an outlaw

I'm going with Azrael being Spawn

Is the Elder Sub Zero?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's not raiden, it's Johnny Cage wearing his hat

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jimmy Hats posted:

lmbo

E:

Raiden is fitting for the whole 'gods among us thing' but just lmbo at Starfire and Red Hood. This is like when they added Skarlet and Tremor. :sad:

The guy between Red Hood and Raiden looks like Tremor to me.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's a bummer they decided to waste spots on MK characters :(

I'm also impressed at how not lovely they made Starfire's face.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Rorschach, Gotham By Gaslight Batman, Killer Croc Suicide Squad Movie Style with a Hoodie, Mera

If I just keep guessing I'll be right eventually.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd be cool with just Raiden since there's no way Static will ever be in this but Sub-Zero will probably play nothing like Cold judging by those swords so it seems pointless.

Once I figure out which character clowns Red Hood players I'm going to go full EVO on that poo poo

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jimmy Hats posted:

lmbo

E:

Raiden is fitting for the whole 'gods among us thing' but just lmbo at Starfire and Red Hood. This is like when they added Skarlet and Tremor. :sad:

Tremor was cool as hell though :colbert:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope Red Hood keeps up the trend of NRS DLC characters being strong so he's ubiquitous at tournaments.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So wait, do you get all dlc characters if you buy the deluxe editions or do you just get those three (plus darkseid)?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

So wait, do you get all dlc characters if you buy the deluxe editions or do you just get those three (plus darkseid)?

All 9.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Kinda happy that the DLC characters are all lame, I won't have to buy them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fadam posted:

I hope Red Hood keeps up the trend of NRS DLC characters being strong so he's ubiquitous at tournaments.

It's kind of a toss-up on their DLC guys really, like the only problem entries in MKX were Tanya and then Alien, Jason was real good for a while but he kinda fell through. Injustice 1 obviously Batgirl was a menace and then Manhunter was crazy. MK9 I'm trying to remember, Kratos wasn't allowed so he doesn't really count, Freddy was good but Kabal and Cyrax were leaps above him anyway.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Yardbomb posted:

It's kind of a toss-up on their DLC guys really, like the only problem entries in MKX were Tanya and then Alien, Jason was real good for a while but he kinda fell through. Injustice 1 obviously Batgirl was a menace and then Manhunter was crazy. MK9 I'm trying to remember, Kratos wasn't allowed so he doesn't really count, Freddy was good but Kabal and Cyrax were leaps above him anyway.

Scarlet, Rain, Kenshi were the others for 9.

At least Kenshi I remember seeing a lot of.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

actually no, there's the deluxe edition that gets you the first pack and a premier skin and the ultimate edition that gets you everything.

I'm sticking with the normal edition

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Scarlet, Rain, Kenshi were the others for 9.

At least Kenshi I remember seeing a lot of.

Nah I remember everyone, I was just trying to think of the real goofy ones from each game, but yeah I always forget Kenshi was around too.

But pretty much the idea is that despite those couple in each game, the others were either fine/good or bad, so here's hoping Red Hood gets dealt one of those instead of getting to be Tanya 2.0 or something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I went with the Digital Deluxe edition because it had my favorite cover of the 3.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somebody upset about dlc tried to argue that "League of Legends and even SFV are better at content and supporting a game" so I've had my laugh for the day

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It is very funny to me that this is a fighting game based on a franchise filled with thousands of cool and unique characters that have every type of power you can imagine and we're still getting at least two Mortal Kombat characters on the roster lmao

Kurtofan posted:

actually no, there's the deluxe edition that gets you the first pack and a premier skin and the ultimate edition that gets you everything.

Ah, whoops. I thought Deluxe was the primo 100+ dollar one. My bad.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

You'll all look like fools when B'Wana Beast headlines the next dlc pack

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

AHHHHHAHAHA god dammit. At least Subby looks cool, though I definitely concur with "why MK characters when there are so many options in-universe." Really hope they put a little more original thought into the other two packs though.

Edit: Oh my god and loving Raiden in another pack? Are you serious?

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 5, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Keep in mind that those obvious shadows in the image are deliberately planted there, probably to mislead people, much like NRS has done in the past with their fake character select shadows and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I really hate when DT gets what he wants

• Locked thread