Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Shockeh posted:

*HAHAHAHA YEA FUCKIN' RIGHT - 95% of all matches you'll be in are Warden/PK/Orochi

Warden and Orochi are still all over the place, but I noticed a steep decline in people playing PK after they nerfed her. I'll still see them occasionally but it's nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Raider buffs on the way, to be discussed next week. I'm hyped.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Can I get a quick update on what's changed since the patch that came out to buff Valk + add the Elim / Skirmish choice option?

Is Ranked in yet?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
nope, game still bad. also revenge should not be in 1v1 modes, you're not doing a special from street fighter or injustice or mortal kombat, you're pressing R to immediately defelct all attacks, giving yourself a health boost and making your bashes knockdown and glow yellow, it's not interesting or exciting, or good. It's loving stupid, gently caress the "e-sports" crowd, fin.

Tha_Joker_GAmer fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 4, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Loopoo posted:

Can I get a quick update on what's changed since the patch that came out to buff Valk + add the Elim / Skirmish choice option?

Is Ranked in yet?

The revenge gain effects on equipment are now less powerful.

Lawbringer got a sizable buff with more damage, better speed, and a decent number of proper confirms.

Berserker was somewhat buffed, the armour now goes up after any two attacks that connect. Still very vulnerable to being parried.

Peacekeeper was somewhat nerfed with slightly slower speeds, lower damage, and longer recoveries. Doesn't seem quite as common nor obnoxious anymore.

The various bash abilities from Conqueror, Warlord, and Warden have been slightly nerfed, being somewhat easier to avoid and more punishable.

There are still a bunch of annoyances left, but things have gotten quite a bit less obnoxious.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Loopoo posted:

Is Ranked in yet?

That was a while ago, but main points would be:

- Revenge gear isn't complete bullshit anymore, but is still the only build worth doing because the other available stats are mostly useless
- Lawbringer buffed in various ways, is actually decent now
- PK nerfed, is no longer completely broken but still annoying to fight
- Allblock got changed for Conq and Warlord, no longer instant so you can't just use it as a reaction for everything.
- Shugoki charge no longer causes knockdown, making the character garbage
- Quests are no longer split between PvP and AI matches, can be completed with either
- Some new epic outfits and ornaments
- Some new emotes and executions

Probably forgetting some things, but there hasn't really been anything too drastic. The first major change is going to be when the upcoming DLC is released, which will add 2 new characters, new levels, and completely revamp the gear system.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Cheers for the updates, any ETA on the new season classes?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Loopoo posted:

Cheers for the updates, any ETA on the new season classes?

May 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8XGfdgo8zM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NLp1Xl0oM

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Any idea how much steel they'll cost?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I'm guessing Law-Bringer still hasn't any real mixup? It was fun character to play, but you just can't compete if you get to a higher level without a mixup.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I'm guessing Law-Bringer still hasn't any real mixup? It was fun character to play, but you just can't compete if you get to a higher level without a mixup.

shove after block

1. light attack after cannot be blocked only dodged
2. GB

thats your mixup

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Both of these characters look really fun and I am ready for Shinobi to be op as gently caress with teleporting dodges and a get over here that covers a stupid huge amount of distance.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Loopoo posted:

Any idea how much steel they'll cost?

15,000 each apparently, which isn't too bad since people were predicting stuff like ~50,000 not too long ago.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I main LB at this point now that Shugo has been nerfed into the dirt, and he has mixups but they mostly come out of confirming the shove. Shove > GB > Heavy, Shove > Long Arm > Heavy, and Shove > Light are the main things your opponent will have to guess most of the time, and throwing in Shove > Heavy Feint can open them up if they're reliably blocking or dodging all three. Being able to shove after a block makes it relatively easy to get yourself in that position.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

titties posted:

Both of these characters look really fun and I am ready for Shinobi to be op as gently caress with teleporting dodges and a get over here that covers a stupid huge amount of distance.

Centurion looks cooler in my opinion. He's got a caestus or whatever it's called.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm on a console, but I realy can't tell the difference in PK. She can still dodge everything I throw at her a d she can attack faster than I can switch (it seems).

Mambo No. 5 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 5, 2017

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Liu posted:

shove after block

1. light attack after cannot be blocked only dodged
2. GB

thats your mixup

Ok, thanks. Good thing they added the unblockable light after shove.

e: Or was this always the case? I just remember always going for the guard break.

Soft Shell Crab fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 5, 2017

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is GB techable if they catch you in a dodge?

Or is it guaranteed like the GB you get after a parry?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

Is GB techable if they catch you in a dodge?

Or is it guaranteed like the GB you get after a parry?

Guaranteed. If you're going to dodge around a lot, try to make them mostly backsteps because then they'll try to punish the dodge, not be able to reach with their GB, and leave themselves open to being punished. Dodging side to side will usually lead to unnecessary damage and you're safer just trying to block.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Mambo No. 5 posted:

Centurion looks cooler in my opinion. He's got a caestus or whatever it's called.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm on a console, but I realy can't tell the difference in PK. She can still dodge everything I throw at her a d she can attack faster than I can switch (it seems).

I haven't really felt any difference either. It's still a guessing game blocking her light attacks. Unless the player is really good with feints and stuff I can usually work out their tendencies but still, pretty annoying and lame to fight against.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
There's new mythical effects but they aren't too amazing. I do like the samurai butterflies.

e: lots of changes coming according to the devstream:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/698euw/discussion_thread_for_the_warriors_den_livestream/

deadzone/ button mapping for consoles, whole new gear stats/system, permanent XP boost, faster to obtain better gear etc. etc.

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 5, 2017

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Mambo No. 5 posted:

I don't think the speed of her lights was changed. The recovery time for her second light in the chain was increased by quite a bit to combat 2x light spam. If she does not throw out the heavy to finish the chain then you get a free shot since the recovery on the second light is now something like 700 ms instead of 300 or w/e

E: I like the Centurion too, I'm not even sure which one I will play first. I just think that people are going to cry about the naruto more because from the tiny bit of footage I've seen he looks cheap as gently caress and I'm excited.

Really looking forward to getting in a week with them before everyone else picks them up and every match is nothing but centurions and narutos.

This still seems like much too long of an off season.

titties fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 5, 2017

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

centurion is so loving good I hope one of his cosmetics is a lorica squamata/segmentata

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

centurion is so loving good I hope one of his cosmetics is a lorica squamata/segmentata

Man I got good news for you:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Those look to have a lot more variation than the original characters, e.g raider is always shirtless, warder has that crooked shield thing, etc. those all look completely different which is cool.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is there something just messed up about the matchmaking in Elimination? I'm sitting here getting timeouts even with high activity. It's happened before and I don't get that in any of the other game modes.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Perestroika posted:

ab dis...

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Perestroika posted:

I'm so happy about these

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The season 2 changes look pretty good, especially the gear overhaul.

However no mention about implementing the some kind of cool arena/coliseum mode which I think would be awesome in this. Let people live bet steel on matches too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

While we're wishlisting here I'd love to see some kind of dedicated PvE horde mode. Maybe a castle siege type thing where your team has to defend against waves of bad guys and complete simple objectives. Then at the end you fight an SSJ Shugoki or something.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
they should have just made dynasty warriors tbh, that would have fuckin owned

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

exquisite tea posted:

While we're wishlisting here I'd love to see some kind of dedicated PvE horde mode. Maybe a castle siege type thing where your team has to defend against waves of bad guys and complete simple objectives. Then at the end you fight an SSJ Shugoki or something.

Holy hell, I want this.

Liu posted:

they should have just made dynasty warriors tbh, that would have fuckin owned

I agree with you, I would love a DW game with these mechanics.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Captain Beans posted:

The season 2 changes look pretty good, especially the gear overhaul.

However no mention about implementing the some kind of cool arena/coliseum mode which I think would be awesome in this. Let people live bet steel on matches too.

It could get cheesed so easy. Imagine if people just use it to mass-make steel. All-talk "Hey guys, all bet on that guy and he will win on purpose so we make crazy good money" and then the fighter loses on purpose and everyone walks out with 50k steel.

Unless all-talk was kept separate, fighters only hear fighters and spectators only hear spectators.

I would 100% love this to be a mode, though. Go into a fight and make mad money kicking rear end.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

*spends 3 minutes canceling guard breaks and slowly chipping each other to death*

Are you not entertained?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

*spends 3 minutes canceling guard breaks and slowly chipping each other to death*

Are you not entertained?

*Nobushi spams bleed then runs off as her opponent slowly dies whilst trying to catch up to her*

Are you not entertained?

*Raider charges into opponent and throws them into spikes on the wall. Round over in under 3 seconds*

Are you not entertained?

I'd find that hella entertaining.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Has anyone on PS4 noticed FPS lag lately? I tried to play last night and out of the 3 matches I played I was getting pretty bad FPS drops in all of them. Made it pretty unplayable.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

zeldadude posted:

Has anyone on PS4 noticed FPS lag lately? I tried to play last night and out of the 3 matches I played I was getting pretty bad FPS drops in all of them. Made it pretty unplayable.

I think it's a console problem, I get it on xbone too. Last night I also ran into an infinite loop of host changes that ended with all 4 of us closing the game to get out of the match.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

What can I do as a Nobushi to punish exhaustion

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I haven't played fighting games (other than For Honor) in a while and was wondering, how do fighting games in general deal with teching throws(or counter GB in this game)?
I've had the impression that it's basically impossible to do on reaction like in For Honor. You have to guess/anticipate that it's coming and that gives the more active player advantage. Maybe I'm wrong it just seems like the way For Honor handles throw techs is way too lenient.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

In MKX your character glows for a split second when they attempt a throw, EX move or some otherwise unblockable attack. But like in For Honor you're most likely not countering it purely on visual reaction but from a familiarity with the character's moveset and what attacks they're likely to string together.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

I'm having trouble with the heavies all of a sudden. They seem more sluggish than before, was that part of the changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I think you can QB by reaction in For Honor though. I don't know if the patch has made it harder but you can divide your attention so you are always ready to QB on reaction while mainly still thinking the other stuff. I'm not good enough at that but I've come across players that could do that. For example in SF5 though I don't remember that you could throw tech on reaction but like you said from your knowledge of the opponent and anticipation.