Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
After bombing down some dirt roads last easter I guess it's time for a bath
Only the finest
So shiny so chrome
Now what to do with such a vehicle
Grab a mcfeast!

:siren:SHOW US A PIC OF YOU FIXING SOMETHING ON YOUR A BUSTED ANTENNA, A CRACKED TAILLIGHT, A BROKEN BOLT ANYTHING!:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
why u cut hole

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Dammit I just installed a new exhaust on the 245 yesterday.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

If someone takes a photo of themselves on the hood of their wet car, redneck-style, with a Clampett-lip and cap, I'll donate $10 to a charity on Thursday the Fourth. Each challenge completed by the fourth, up to 5, with a variation of the hood-photo worked in, I'll also donate.

The things we do for love.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The things we do for love.

:perfect:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Noted, good sir :chanpop:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Torn Quad Jones posted:

:siren:SHOW US A PIC OF YOU FIXING SOMETHING ON YOUR A BUSTED ANTENNA, A CRACKED TAILLIGHT, A BROKEN BOLT ANYTHING!:siren:

I just so happen to be trying to fix a busted antenna (motor).

Coaley thinks the problem is that the parts aren't edible.

and Redman's "irreplaceable small parts" detector is going off.

:siren: take a picture of a Lego man/ G.I. Joe figurine / Barbie doll /what have you interacting with /having adventures on/in/inside your vehicle:siren:

e: which would work well with:

Each challenge completed by the fourth, up to 5, with a variation of the hood-photo worked in, I'll also donate.

But what is a Clampett-lip?

joat mon fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 2, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Basically these first two results for "redneck underbite", AKA Sockington-Smile

So basically it's a bonus modifier to any challenge. By Thursday, May 4th, however many challenges get completed while adding what I mentioned (in some way, be creative) gets an additional $10 donated to charity, by me. Think of the children!

For the new page:

If someone takes a photo of themselves on the hood of their wet car, redneck-style, with a Clampett-lip and cap, I'll donate $10 to a charity on Thursday the Fourth. Each challenge completed by the fourth, up to 5, with a variation of the hood-photo worked in, I'll also donate.

Inspired by Larrymer:

Larrymer posted:

Should have made this "Sockington style"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Inspired by Larrymer:

I only meant this in reference to his old hilarious car wash pictures of him in jorts on the hood (or something, I'm old and have a poo poo memory).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Larrymer posted:

I only meant this in reference to his old hilarious car wash pictures of him in jorts on the hood (or something, I'm old and have a poo poo memory).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgkfsGEZAY

I think at the time I couldn't find a clip of the actual "Car Wash" song.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

joat mon posted:

:siren: take a picture of a Lego man/ G.I. Joe figurine / Barbie doll /what have you interacting with /having adventures on/in/inside your vehicle:siren:

"Tower, this is flight 203 requesting permission to take off."

"THIS IS TOWER. PERMISSION DENIED!"

Special thanks to my neighbor's son for loaning me his LEGOS for the morning.

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: FIND US THE CLEANEST OR DIRTIEST ENGINE YOU CAN AND TAKE A PHOTO WITH THE HOOD UP. IF THE ENGINE IS NOT IN YOUR VEHICLE, YOUR VEHICLE HAD BETTER BE IN THE PICTURE AS WELL:pcgaming::siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: FIND US THE CLEANEST OR DIRTIEST ENGINE YOU CAN AND TAKE A PHOTO WITH THE HOOD UP. IF THE ENGINE IS NOT IN YOUR VEHICLE, YOUR VEHICLE HAD BETTER BE IN THE PICTURE AS WELL:pcgaming::siren:

I present to you, an engine which may have never been washed! Dun dun dun!!!

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: I want to see your car hover, all wheels must be off the ground (ground is open to interpretation, longer it goes the less strict I am with what is ground):siren:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That picture was worth at least 3 entries. It is perfect. Any other takers, by midnight tonight, PST.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Bajaha posted:

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: I want to see your car hover, all wheels must be off the ground (ground is open to interpretation, longer it goes the less strict I am with what is ground):siren:

Swung by the shop to check progress, happened to check this thread while I was there. Will be picking it up on the 15th to begin the mad rush to the finish.

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Do a google image search (preferably in a private window) of "your car stereotype" or "stereotypical your car", pick one of the first row images then recreate that image. Please include the image you copied for reference with your submission.:siren:

Example: I would recreate one of these images

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 4, 2017

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

NitroSpazzz posted:

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Do a google image search (preferably in a private window) of "your car stereotype" or "stereotypical your car", pick one of the first row images then recreate that image. Please include the image you copied for reference with your submission.:siren:

I want to see a picture of your small car facing off against heavy equipment (excavator, bulldozer, etc)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

:vince:

Dad of the year.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Two thumbs up indeed, two pics in one. And combined with the hover challenge!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I drive a BBW posted:

I want to see a picture of your small car facing off against heavy equipment (excavator, bulldozer, etc)
*Stands in front of Cappuccino holding a shovel*

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Do it!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Tower, this is flight 203 requesting permission to take off."

"THIS IS TOWER. PERMISSION DENIED!"

Special thanks to my neighbor's son for loaning me his LEGOS for the morning.

Feh, you needed to borrow someone else's toys? Unfortunately I didn't have time to do this last night so I'm late to the party, but since I already took the photo I may as well post it. May the Fourth be with you!

Fun fact: The very first shot of the original Star Wars begins with a Corvette being chased by the imperials.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

NitroSpazzz posted:

NEXT CHALLENGE: Do a google image search (preferably in a private window) of "your car stereotype" or "stereotypical your car"

Appropos of nothing, the second GIS result for my vehicle is literally my truck (although that picture was taken by its previous owner). So I thought that was amusing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I drive a BBW posted:

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Post a pic of the inside of your engine, transmission, or axle. No cheating with easy access points like fill or drain holes! :siren:

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Post a pic of the inside of your axle. :siren:

Non-competing because it's weaksauce and not in the spirit of the challenge, but...

:v: Hollow axles make this a bit easy.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Post a pic of the inside of your engine, transmission, or axle. No cheating with easy access points like fill or drain holes! :siren:

Darn you for beating me to it! Mrs. Fai drives a smart car and works for a heavy equipment manufacturer :argh:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Along those lines I really wish challenges were weekly. I don't bother 80% of the time because I know it will get filled before I can get back from a trip out to take a picture.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Eh, with weekly they'd have to be vetted, and that's annoying

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Maybe just post a bunch of entries, but first to reply gets to make a new challenge

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Eh, with weekly they'd have to be vetted, and that's annoying
Could do first post per page gets to post a new challenge.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Could do something like once the first person satisfies a challenge you have 8 hours to post a submission (with challenge), then the challenge issuer gets to determine who wins.

ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!
This might be cheating but here is the inside of the BMW 3.46 diff that is getting a LSD:

I wasn't planning to crack this open quite this soon, so my shop will smell like 14 year old diff fluid for the rest of the summer.

If this is acceptable then:
NEXT CHALLENGE: A picture that shows smoke coming out of some part of your car. Tires, ECU, intake... If it is from the exhaust it should obscure the background. Also, not smoke from you, from some part of the car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ZincBoy posted:

This might be cheating but here is the inside of the BMW 3.46 diff that is getting a LSD:

I wasn't planning to crack this open quite this soon, so my shop will smell like 14 year old diff fluid for the rest of the summer.

What's the diff from how it normally smells then? :dadjoke:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Darn you for beating me to it! Mrs. Fai drives a smart car and works for a heavy equipment manufacturer :argh:

To be fair, I still wouldn't mind seeing that.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

keykey posted:

To be fair, I still wouldn't mind seeing that.

I asked her about it. Apparently, she's allowed to take photos on company property, but they must be for business purposes only. From a security/corporate espionage standpoint, I definitely see where they're coming from.

But don't fret! The state is doing tons of work expanding highways just a few miles up the road, so this weekend, I'll see if we can find one of those giant steamrollers or enormous excavators that isn't in use that we can park the smart in front of for a staredown.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
In the meantime...

ZincBoy posted:

If this is acceptable then:
NEXT CHALLENGE: A picture that shows smoke coming out of some part of your car. Tires, ECU, intake... If it is from the exhaust it should obscure the background. Also, not smoke from you, from some part of the car.

My Aveo5 smells funny and is a bit smoky. I'd better check it out. Looks like the culprit is a substance on this shiny silver thing? I might be leaking headlight fluid.

Huh? The hell is this? Could it be the source of the mystery fluid?

Well hot drat! Haven't had a good chickencheese in a long while. Best be careful cooking for me, lest my new bride get jealous!

Wind blew the (very small amount of) smoke away right as I snapped the first pic but I figure some leniency is in order as it's been more than a week since you posted this challenge.

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Find the most pretentious dickweed's vehicle possible and park your vehicle next to it. Is there a Tesla out in the North 40 with a vanity plate reading "TESLA," parked across four spaces? Winner! A Mustang GT with obnoxious vanity plates that you can just tell gets washed and waxed every single day? Winner! Stupid-looking Del Sol with racing stripes, ground effects, and that weird paint that changes colors? Winner! PLEASE DO NOT HARM ANYONE'S VEHICLE DURING THIS CHALLENGE JUST PARK AND TAKE A PHOTO OK:siren::pcgaming:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Well hot drat! Haven't had a good chickencheese in a long while. Best be careful cooking for me, lest my new bride get jealous!

God bless you.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
What about fake pretension ala "shitbox auto v6 mustang but with hood pins and fart can exhaust"

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Clearly states you need to park beside the car, it can't be just a photo of your car.

hth. (Do we still have that word filter?)

E: no we don't :(

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Gwaihir posted:

What about fake pretension ala "shitbox auto v6 mustang but with hood pins and fart can exhaust"

If it's ironic pretension, like a Geo Metro with a huge wing on the back, no dice. We'll leave that for another challenge.

shitbox auto v6 mustang with hood pins and those "chrome" tips you can buy for your exhaust at Wal*Mart is A-OK because the owner thinks that poo poo rules

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If it's ironic pretension, like a Geo Metro with a huge wing on the back, no dice. We'll leave that for another challenge.

shitbox auto v6 mustang with hood pins and those "chrome" tips you can buy for your exhaust at Wal*Mart is A-OK because the owner thinks that poo poo rules

What about weekend warrior Harley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

beep-beep car is go posted:

What about weekend warrior Harley?

If the operator thinks he or she is hot poo poo and that the bike is the best thing ever, you're good. Really, we're looking for someone who thinks his or her ride is the poo poo.

For instance, if I were trying to score this one, I'd run to Lowes--I live in south Texas, where there are approximately 4.6 billion obnoxious "rollin' coal" brotrucks with more money in custom chrome/paint/lift kits/etc. than the value of the stock model.

• Locked thread