Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kashuno posted:

On the topic of ults dragon blade still the bad ult namaste

The level 20 talent for improvement makes it into the good one though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

China passed a law requiring pseudo-gambling online game features to have published probabilities. Here you go!

http://heroes.blizzard.cn/article/official/6285

Some redditor's translation posted:

In adherence to new laws, Heroes of the Storm is hereby declaring the loot chest drop rates.
In Heroes, players can obtain loot chests from leveling and purchasing with gems. Normal (non-event) loot chests contain loot of 4 different rarities, namely "Common", "Rare", "Epic" and "Legendary".
*Probabilities of each rarity in loot chests are listed below:
RARE: Average of 1 every box
EPIC: Average of 1 every 4.5 boxes
LEGENDARY: Average of 1 every 17.5 boxes
*Numbers do not apply to rerolls, event chests and special chests obtained from leveling.

Since the only thing you can do with real money is buy standard chests, they don't have to release any info on rerolls or probabilities for different kinds of chests.

Also, google translate gave me this for the original page:

quote:

According to the relevant national laws and regulations, "storm hero" is now on the booty box out of the rate announced.

Reminds me of the end of the last thread :yosbutt:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Scarra talking about HotS

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just did the Brawl, won, and then got this screen:

:confused:

It still counted as a game played for lootchest purposes but what

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Server lag, happens occasionally especially with Brawls. Just hit leave.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Kashuno posted:

On the topic of ults dragon blade still the bad ult namaste

Can Genji's please keep picking Dragon Blade, I love the easy kills again you. My favourite thing is watching you dash, sheath it out and then get rooted by Malf, effectively making you worthless.

Speaking of good things though Artanis is still amazing to play, I found myself last match saying out loud to no one "FIGHT ME". He's so much fun.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I've been loving Azmodan lately. Maybe it's the current map pool, but he seems to just carry games. I finally saw the light of sieging wrath and it feels good to be useful for your team in the early/mid-game--I used to only take taste for blood and if you get behind with that talent it's so hard to come back. He pushes lanes, the level 20 general talent puts insane pressure on, softens up the enemy before a fight, and finishes off kills like crazy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Samuro is fun as poo poo, I tell you what. Especially when he's a green monkey king with hilarious VA. (yay boxes)

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I bought only a few skins before 2.0 so I'm super glad they made them more accessible, it's great seeing them in almost every game.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Butter Hole posted:

I've been loving Azmodan lately. Maybe it's the current map pool, but he seems to just carry games. I finally saw the light of sieging wrath and it feels good to be useful for your team in the early/mid-game--I used to only take taste for blood and if you get behind with that talent it's so hard to come back. He pushes lanes, the level 20 general talent puts insane pressure on, softens up the enemy before a fight, and finishes off kills like crazy.

Yeah Azmo is super underappreciated. A lot of people still think the minion stacking quest is the way to go, and there's no better way to throw a game than to ignore the enemy team for 20 minutes while you focus on getting last hits on minions. It can be good if the other four people on your team can carry team fights 5v4, but if not...

Sieging Wrath doesn't have the pure damage potential of fully stacked TfB dunks but it's easy as piss to complete and the range increase is REALLY good for map control. On most maps you can hover around mid lane when nothing else is happening and push/soak all three lanes at once with an RQ combo.

Bound Minion is really good on Hanamura for passively getting forts down (tip: cast it on the melee minions for maximum push power)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just had brawl force all ten people into playing as Greymane.

...it was kind of awesome

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I had an all murky game during the first punisher brawl. It was a madhouse and I haven't had a brawl as good as it since.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HelixFox posted:

Yeah Azmo is super underappreciated. A lot of people still think the minion stacking quest is the way to go, and there's no better way to throw a game than to ignore the enemy team for 20 minutes while you focus on getting last hits on minions. It can be good if the other four people on your team can carry team fights 5v4, but if not...

Sieging Wrath doesn't have the pure damage potential of fully stacked TfB dunks but it's easy as piss to complete and the range increase is REALLY good for map control. On most maps you can hover around mid lane when nothing else is happening and push/soak all three lanes at once with an RQ combo.

Bound Minion is really good on Hanamura for passively getting forts down (tip: cast it on the melee minions for maximum push power)

I have yet to run into an azmo that takes the dunk spec anymore. They all take the better spec now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I just had brawl force all ten people into playing as Greymane.

...it was kind of awesome

Ugh, all Greymane gets old so fast. No sustain and a ton of poke and dive. Also no one understands how cocktails work.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I had an all murky game during the first punisher brawl. It was a madhouse and I haven't had a brawl as good as it since.

I had that one as all Valeera. It was also a laugh riot.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

I have yet to run into an azmo that takes the dunk spec anymore. They all take the better spec now.

You mean you've yet to run into one that takes taste for blood anymore? Or are you saying the lazer build is better?

I tried lazer build and got rolled but I probably hosed it all up since I don't know what I'm doing with it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All Nazeebo was my fave brawl. Just an absolute shitstorm or zombie circles everywhere with death frogs.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Butter Hole posted:

You mean you've yet to run into one that takes taste for blood anymore? Or are you saying the lazer build is better?

I tried lazer build and got rolled but I probably hosed it all up since I don't know what I'm doing with it.

Laser is hilarious against bads that try to fight you and face tank the laser.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Huh. So League of Legends mercs usually just give experience and some give a buff. They just added their first merc that pushes at the same time HotS added its first mercs that don't push and give buffs.

HotS: ahead of the curve yet still trying to catch up™

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

BrianBoitano posted:

Huh. So League of Legends mercs usually just give experience and some give a buff. They just added their first merc that pushes at the same time HotS added its first mercs that don't push and give buffs.

HotS: ahead of the curve yet still trying to catch up™

Banner of Command (and before that, the Promote summoner spell) were previously the League equivalent of Mercs. Or super minions when you knock out an inhibitor, I guess.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

A little while after Leoric came out Death Prophet in Dota 2 had a spell that works almost the same as Drain Hope. It's probably just a coincidence though.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zaodai posted:

Banner of Command (and before that, the Promote summoner spell) were previously the League equivalent of Mercs. Or super minions when you knock out an inhibitor, I guess.

Nothing is new under the sun, I just thought it was funny they were both added the games at the same time.

e: well gently caress is stealth edit actually not a thing anymore? I guess I have to start proofreading my posts :v:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Monkey King came out in HotS and DotA at almost the same time. That's probably just a sucking up to China thing though.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

^^^^^
And League has Wukong. A Monkey King style hero is basically a default for a MOBA. Hell, Smite had two of them!

BrianBoitano posted:

Nothing is new under the sun, I just thought it was funny they were both added the games at the same time.

e: well gently caress is stealth edit actually not a thing anymore? I guess I have to start proofreading my posts :v:

Oh, it definitely is. I think in MOBAs, there are certain expectations that nobody is really all that original. I don't know about most people, but I don't fault any MOBA for having things that are in other MOBAs, including champions that are basically straight copies. League and DotA have a bunch of champions that are very clearly the same thing.

If I were making a game, and I wanted it to not be poo poo, I'd definitely crib some mechanics from other good games in the genre I was making it in. So League adds pushing camps, and HotS adds buff camps, and it works out great for everybody on both sides.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

New brawl is fun and fast.

Enemy team had 2 Kael for one of the brawls, they just deleted a squishy with double pyroblast every time it was up :v:

e:

quote:

In adherence to new laws, Heroes of the Storm is hereby declaring the loot chest drop rates.

In Heroes, players can obtain loot chests from levelling and purchasing with gems. Normal (non-event) loot chests contain loot of 4 different rarities, namely "Common", "Rare", "Epic" and "Legendary".

*Probabilities of each rarity in loot chests are listed below:

RARE: Average of 1 every chest

EPIC: Average of 1 every 4.5 chests

LEGENDARY: Average of 1 every 17.5 chests

*Numbers do not apply to rerolls, event chests and special chests obtained from levelling.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 5, 2017

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

I'm assuming you mean laser spec. It can be effective but it's useless against stuns/silences and is still dangerous to use against roots and slows since you have to get closer. And looks like it's only more popular in Bronze and Silver leagues - Sieging Wrath is more popular from Gold upwards, with an 82.5% pick rate in Masters.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HelixFox posted:

I'm assuming you mean laser spec. It can be effective but it's useless against stuns/silences and is still dangerous to use against roots and slows since you have to get closer. And looks like it's only more popular in Bronze and Silver leagues - Sieging Wrath is more popular from Gold upwards, with an 82.5% pick rate in Masters.

Yea lazer spec. And I believe my QM is in the bronze/silver mmr area.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

When I started playing the game (mid 2015) I actually got a 80%+ win rate with Azmo by going laser build and repeatedly diving lanes until all their forts/keeps were dead. You could just appear and destroy a fort from full in 10 seconds, it was great. Map awareness was terrible back then so it was easy to pull off.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Holyshoot posted:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Musluk posted:

New brawl is fun and fast.

:same:

I just played my first round. They got it within inches of 2nd checkpoint and we kept staggering our deaths but enemy deaths were even more staggered. It literally came down to our one Medivh vs their 4 in overtime. He FoW to contest the point, then Leyline sealed all 4 of them. Turns out, if you're in stasis you don't count as pushing and overtime ended with 4 of them very much alive but neutered :getin:

e: 1 loot box for 3 games is kinda meh. I wish it were still 1000 gold. Basic economics says that the weaker the gameplay, the greater reward they'll have to give. I guess I kinda hope next week's brawl sucks so nobody plays it and they buff the reward??

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Stasis also doesn't count them as being on points so it's not real hard to steal bosses as Medivh

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Stasis also doesn't count them as being on points so it's not real hard to steal bosses as Medivh

But then you're playing Medivh.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

better then slam dunk? Or is that wrong too?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

medivh is really fun even if 90% of your match time consists of yelling TAKE THE PORTAL at your monitor

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

medivh is really fun even if 90% of your match time consists of yelling TAKE THE PORTAL at your monitor

Yeah, I'll pretty much only play him if I duo with a Kerrigan or someone who can really take advantage of his brand of support and is looking for the portals.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I like Azmodan's level 1 laser talent when your team is going to push with 3+ in your lane to get an early fort or two. You can sit safely outside the range of towers, melting them. Any other time, the hit heroes -> stronger/farther dunk talent is better. Look at the max cast distance after you finish the quest. It's HUGE. You can push 1 lane with minions and push another by dropping fireballs on the next lane over. You snipe low health heroes in the enemy base from almost the middle of the map. Hit an enemy that's try to activate/collect an objective without leaving your lane.

I have done the laser build a few times and it did work, just not as well. His Q is much more versatile and has a higher skill ceiling. With a little practice (and his talent that improves fireball speed) you can hit your mark most of the time.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

If I like Li-Ming in this game, and Lux in league, will I like Chromie? She looks like a similar Land All Your Skillshots for Big Burst hero

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Rygar201 posted:

If I like Li-Ming in this game, and Lux in league, will I like Chromie? She looks like a similar Land All Your Skillshots for Big Burst hero

I haven't played Chromie, but from awtching Voyboy play her during the Tryhard for Good event, she seems Xerath-y too.

Man, Lux would be so broken in HOTS. A root, a big AoE bomb, a crazy good ult, and a shield to help teammates, with a passive that gives free damage? Yes please.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Zaodai posted:

I haven't played Chromie, but from awtching Voyboy play her during the Tryhard for Good event, she seems Xerath-y too.

Man, Lux would be so broken in HOTS. A root, a big AoE bomb, a crazy good ult, and a shield to help teammates, with a passive that gives free damage? Yes please.

yeah Lux was one of my favorites. Four skillshots made her just a joy to play. Nothing like snagging two heroes with Light Binding, and comboing them both to death :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rygar201 posted:

She's kinda similar to Li-Ming, but with both extreme ends even moreso. If the enemy team has no cleanse you can absolutely delete people from existence with a R->W->Q combo, but you have to play even safer than you do on Li-Ming because your only escape are your time traps. Her teamfight and burst potential is bonkers, especially if you stay safe and shell from afar.