Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The palindrome suffers from this in vertical space. If you're aiming at a guy and someone jumps up or falls down anywhere near your target, the gun is definitely getting pulled up or down in the guy you aren't aiming at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Waffle House posted:

the real cabal incursion was the friends we made along the way

800 pounds and highly militazed?

:five:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

800 pounds and highly militazed?

This thread has now run its course. Close it and await for Destiny 2.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

I went and picked up 130 ghosts for the wayfinder emblem last night, and now I feel qualified to say that whoever went and found those things originally must have had a mild form of psychopathy.

Worst part is the guides to find them were all online within a couple hours of an update going live. People treat that poo poo like a goddamn career.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Worst part is the guides to find them were all online within a couple hours of an update going live. People treat that poo poo like a goddamn career.

I think I've accidentally found like maybe a dozen over the years. poo poo is crazy hidden. God drat autists.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The palindrome suffers from this in vertical space. If you're aiming at a guy and someone jumps up or falls down anywhere near your target, the gun is definitely getting pulled up or down in the guy you aren't aiming at.

I played killzone sf before I got destiny and for better or worse that never happened because the game had zero aim assist. I played in some sweats and I don't think I ever had a positive kd

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

actionjackson posted:

I played killzone sf before I got destiny and for better or worse that never happened because the game had zero aim assist. I played in some sweats and I don't think I ever had a positive kd

A console shooter with zero aim assist? Gross.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DrNutt posted:

A console shooter with zero aim assist? Gross.

It was a really good game just didn't have much of a playerbase. You can get it for five bucks now. Most of the matches involved figuring out where the other team was planting spawn beacons which let them spawn at that point instead of their base.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I think I've accidentally found like maybe a dozen over the years. poo poo is crazy hidden. God drat autists.

I once wished I could be one of the contributors to these kinds of sights, finding stuff to be found and having some sort of semi-permanent impact on the community. But then I realized there is some 40 year old fat college dropout hyped up on caffeine that can do that WHILE jerking off to hentai. So why bother, someone else will figure this poo poo out and I'll look it up later.

Funny enough though pretty much all of the ghosts I've ever found have been me stumbling upon them or someone else stumbling on them and pointing it out to me. And I have 100/130 of the dead ghosts needed, which are pretty much all on the crucible maps.

Also the problem with KZSF was that it felt the need to build in input delay for some gawdawful reason.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Has anyone gotten a y3 trials weapon from the new crucible bounties? I have gotten a bunch of year 2 weapons but no year 3. Elevating vision and reflection sum blow dicks in case you didn't already know.

Also someone mentioned a six stack of bubble bros next week for mayhem IB, count me in if I am online.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ularg posted:

I once wished I could be one of the contributors to these kinds of sights, finding stuff to be found and having some sort of semi-permanent impact on the community. But then I realized there is some 40 year old fat college dropout hyped up on caffeine that can do that WHILE jerking off to hentai. So why bother, someone else will figure this poo poo out and I'll look it up later.

Not to mention that there are now people who do this as a full-time job. And it's impossible to read any significant community forum while avoiding all mention of basics like "there's a hidden thing in this location". It's hard enough to stay blind for raids, the era where game secrets could become personal discoveries weeks or months after release is over (unless they're time-gated :troll:).

quote:

Funny enough though pretty much all of the ghosts I've ever found have been me stumbling upon them or someone else stumbling on them and pointing it out to me. And I have 100/130 of the dead ghosts needed, which are pretty much all on the crucible maps.

Those just take time now that private matches are an option. And some of the story bits you get are fun, I think the one with Shaxx and the children is on a crucible map.

quote:

Also the problem with KZSF was that it felt the need to build in input delay for some gawdawful reason.

That and the boring SP campaign. It doesn't have any real value now that the wow factor of being a high-tech launch title is gone.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

texaholic posted:

Has anyone gotten a y3 trials weapon from the new crucible bounties? I have gotten a bunch of year 2 weapons but no year 3. Elevating vision and reflection sum blow dicks in case you didn't already know.

Yeah. Got a couple if Winged Words, another Perdition and a Student.

Edit: also got a ton of bullshit like Byronics, AMRs and Last Extremity's

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

texaholic posted:

Also someone mentioned a six stack of bubble bros next week for mayhem IB, count me in if I am online.

I got a burning eye

I already had one though

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

haveblue posted:

Not to mention that there are now people who do this as a full-time job. And it's impossible to read any significant community forum while avoiding all mention of basics like "there's a hidden thing in this location". It's hard enough to stay blind for raids, the era where game secrets could become personal discoveries weeks or months after release is over (unless they're time-gated :troll:).

Those just take time now that private matches are an option. And some of the story bits you get are fun, I think the one with Shaxx and the children is on a crucible map.

That and the boring SP campaign. It doesn't have any real value now that the wow factor of being a high-tech launch title is gone.

Totally agreed. The Shaxx story of him trying to train his own dodgeball team made of children is hilarious. I really need to spend some time going through all the interesting Grimoire stuff. I tried something like it with an alt account where I'd read relevant grimorie entries as I played through the story but it ended up spending a lot of the time searching up and down the list for appropriate grimoire cards.

Also yea the ShadowFall campaign did not age well. I like to pop the disc in now and again to play a little and maybe a bot match or two. But it was what we had at the time for being early adopters :v:.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

thanks for using my dance so I could pretend it was me

I missed so many sticky nade kills

It also seems to suffer from aim assist loving it up if someone jumps in front of your target

I was threading the needle around two guardians a lot last night
Tiny dance best dance!

The worst is when you miss and you're already bagging and die mid crouch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got the FWC quest to get the exotic bath towel.

What's the most cancerous I can do in cru cru to ensure it goes smoothly?

I'd be using a titan, I have the OG roll on the palindrome if that matters, no good secondaries though.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Got the FWC quest to get the exotic bath towel.

What's the most cancerous I can do in cru cru to ensure it goes smoothly?

I'd be using a titan, I have the OG roll on the palindrome if that matters, no good secondaries though.

Play Rift. Mag dump a scout/pulse at the spark spawn with some stupid angle no one cares about. Same with abilities. When the spark gets pulled don't leave mid map. Pick off stragglers and enjoy the buffet of free kills as people file back to mid map one by one.

Basically, do not actively contribute to the actual objective while simultaneously abusing the fact that it exists and people will be in very predictable places because of it.

e: Run Sunbreaker with Arma for double stickies. If you're feeling froggy and need Ward of Dawn kills for the subclass quest run Weapons of Light and Icebreaker for those sweet sweet salt inducing OHK body shot kills. Plus you can run Magnetic nades and still sticky like a fuckbag. Maximum AIDS.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 5, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Play Rift. Mag dump a scout/pulse at the spark spawn with some stupid angle no one cares about. Same with abilities. When the spark gets pulled don't leave mid map. Pick off stragglers and enjoy the buffet of free kills as people file back to mid map one by one.

Basically, do not actively contribute to the actual objective while simultaneously abusing the fact that it exists and people will be in very predictable places because of it.

e: Run Sunbreaker with Arma for double stickies. If you're feeling froggy and need Ward of Dawn kills for the subclass quest run Weapons of Light and Icebreaker for those sweet sweet salt inducing OHK body shot kills. Plus you can run Magnetic nades and still sticky like a fuckbag. Maximum AIDS.

The best place for this is the rocks next to heavy on C side of frontier. You're covered from the enemy spawn, and you've got a nice view into the spark, complete with a boxy corridor for grenades. It's relaxing.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

The best place for this is the rocks next to heavy on C side of frontier. You're covered from the enemy spawn, and you've got a nice view into the spark, complete with a boxy corridor for grenades. It's relaxing.

Yep. Then they get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal mad and try to rage super you.

http://i.imgur.com/hrUL3tg.gifv

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The "I don't know" gesture that chats with, "Waffle House has no idea, <name>!" is a Minnesota DoT dump truck full of road salt

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

Other side I crouch by the circular concrete poo poo just outside the special ammo door from A leading to B. Opposite side is good too but staying near the door helps you get inside quickly to combat them angry supers lol I also love the little barriers outside the doors on either side leading to the bridge for the cover mechanic with a sniper. People don't expect that.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 5, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Frontier sucks because it's really hard to see dudes

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Good maps:
-Frontier
-Drifter
-Skyline
-Vertigo
-Thieves Den

Bad maps:
-Asylum
-Pantheon
-Last Exit
-Anomaly
-Cathedral of Dusk

Everything else is ok. These are official rankings, sorry but there's no debate.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Good maps:
-Thieves Den

:getout:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cathedral of dusk would be way better if they cut the ends off

In rift it takes forever to get to the other side of the map after you spawn

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've put like 500 hours into this dead gay game and I have no clue what the maps' names are.

All the maps seem pretty OK

but also I hear dudes in party chat say poo poo like "LOL our pubby is trying to hold A&C on [map name]?! This is a B&C map, dummy" so maybe I need to git gud and be a sweaty mf

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Emron posted:

Good maps:
-Frontier
-Drifter
-Skyline
-Vertigo
-Thieves Den

Bad maps:
-Asylum
-Pantheon
-Last Exit
-Anomaly
-Cathedral of Dusk

Everything else is ok. These are official rankings, sorry but there's no debate.

Pantheon actually owns.
People always fall for the age old trick of staying at the special box trying to snipe while 5 different grenades come flying at them.
It would be 6 grenades, but uber is hardscoping the other lane like a pussy again

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Pantheon actually owns.
People always fall for the age old trick of staying at the special box trying to snipe while 5 different grenades come flying at them.
It would be 6 grenades, but uber is hardscoping the other lane like a pussy again

Its also the worst map when you go against competent players in it. Spawn trapping on that map is loving real.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Its also the worst map when you go against competent players in it. Spawn trapping on that map is loving real.

Solution: vex teleporters!!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is pantheon that first symetrical map with the big cube in the middle? Cause gently caress that map. It's just 3 sniper lanes.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That's why I hate it. It turns into my team spawn trapping the other team, or me getting spawn trapped.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ularg posted:

Is pantheon that first symetrical map with the big cube in the middle? Cause gently caress that map. It's just 3 sniper lanes.

It actually plays very differently when the teams are all familiar with the map. You can make it to center cube without ever being exposed to sniper lanes, so it ends up being a CQB fight down the main lane with snipers controlling waterfall. Then one team gets killed and can't hold the line and the spawn trap starts.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Man, I've had exactly the opposite problem on Pantheon: Spawns will sometimes flip on a rush and pit me, ONLY me, on the outdoors low lane riiiiight next to a base-full of 3-5 freshly respawned dudes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I hate the cube on Pantheon because people that set up on it always wreck me, and when I stand up there I instantly get shot from four different directions at the same time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
world record pocket infinity mag
http://i.imgur.com/8Iuukbj.gifv

world record lag
http://i.imgur.com/aNmIAuT.gifv

world record roast
http://i.imgur.com/MMt5iWs.gifv

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sir that's an auto rifle

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No, an auto rifle would have killed something.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It actually plays very differently when the teams are all familiar with the map. You can make it to center cube without ever being exposed to sniper lanes, so it ends up being a CQB fight down the main lane with snipers controlling waterfall. Then one team gets killed and can't hold the line and the spawn trap starts.

pretty much this. pantheon matches are decided by cqb at cube in the first 30 seconds of the match

• Locked thread