Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

He stripped her naked and took photos of her, but he did the same thing to Jim. It was definitely monstrous and assault but I doubt he was cumming in his pants during either of them. Especially since Batman is his main thing and all.

You don't need to do it out of a desire for pleasure for it to be sexual assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One of Joker's many hosed up tortures that may or may not even be canon in this game's universe meeting the legal definition of sexual assault doesn't not make it a wild exaggeration to call Joker a "rapist clown".

This conversation is really stupid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

One of Joker's many hosed up tortures that may or may not even be canon in this game's universe

It is. She got fixed after her father died but it's referenced both in-game and in-comic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It is. She got fixed after her father died but it's referenced both in-game and in-comic.

Right but we have no idea if it went down exactly like in the Killing Joke. I don't even know if mainline DC's version of events still went down exactly like in Killing Joke since they've had several reboots.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could have sworn that they made it canon that he did, but some quick googling says that while it could be implied he did, there's nothing that made it official. He has apparently raped other women though, just not Barbara.

I just really hate what the Joker has become; he's basically the killer in lovely modern horror movie these days.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hate modern Joker too, I just think it's weird to hold a misinterpretation of a part of a 30 year old story that the author himself regrets writing against the character.

I didn't know about those other rapes, but I guess after Dr. Light I shouldn't be surprised.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think the real thing to take away here is that DC makes terrible choices.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how the Joker comes back in this considering the thing that began all the troubles in the Injustice universe was Superman putting his fist through him.

Green Arrow (from the Injustice Universe) was also killed by Superman (in the Injustice Year One comic.) and was referenced in the game as being dead.

He's in this game and back from the dead. And in fact in this video he even straight up says this in his opening to Captain Cold.

https://youtu.be/ZwjfOp-YMzE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Green Arrow (from the Injustice Universe) was also killed by Superman (in the Injustice Year One comic.) and was referenced in the game as being dead.

He's in this game and back from the dead. And in fact in this video he even straight up says this in his opening to Captain Cold.

https://youtu.be/ZwjfOp-YMzE

That's a different Green Arrow. He's the one from the universe Black Canary was sent to.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That's a different Green Arrow. He's the one from the universe Black Canary was sent to.

Yep. He even mentions in his dialogue intro with Batman that he's from another universe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Green Arrow died and came back in the normal comics too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Everybody dies and comes back in comics.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Green Arrow died and came back in the normal comics too.

Green Arrow died and came back because part of his goo was still stuck on Superman's cape which would be hilarious in the Injustice universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/c8lxjTJ.gifv

Everything about Flash in this one is awesome.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

It's even funnier when the Reverse Flash does that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I assume flash v flash is just a light speed slap fight then

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
They've decided to reveal 3 DLC characters for Injustice 2. There is something so seriously wrong about DLC being released before the game itself is out. It's already approaching $70 for the base game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eqGjIIOV2Q

Sub-Zero is the best character in his franchise though, so I can't lie, I'm happy to see him. Even if he looks like the Mask of the Phantasm.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've also basically confirmed Black Manta and Raiden with the most obvious silhouettes ever.

I don't have speakers on this computer, does it actually say the DLC will be out right away?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The DLC is probably not going to be available at launch (except for Darkseid who is preorder bonus DLC).

If it were any other company doing this I'd be rolling my eyes at it, but Netherrealm does such a good job with their DLC characters and supports their games so long-term I can't really hate on it. We're getting at least 9 total (10 with Darkseid, then maybe more), all of them with a buttload of gear and alternate moves and stuff like everyone else, probably some of them with Premier Costumes (like the Supergirl -> Powergirl or Flash -> Reverse Flash ones).

I fully bought into the bullshit and preordered the Ultimate Edition (which isnt that bad with the best buy GCU discount. or the amazon discount) so i'm probably biased though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're already talking about a second set of DLC. As long as it doesn't bomb it's likely.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kelp Plankton posted:

The DLC is probably not going to be available at launch (except for Darkseid who is preorder bonus DLC).

If it were any other company doing this I'd be rolling my eyes at it, but Netherrealm does such a good job with their DLC characters and supports their games so long-term I can't really hate on it. We're getting at least 9 total (10 with Darkseid, then maybe more), all of them with a buttload of gear and alternate moves and stuff like everyone else, probably some of them with Premier Costumes (like the Supergirl -> Powergirl or Flash -> Reverse Flash ones).

I fully bought into the bullshit and preordered the Ultimate Edition (which isnt that bad with the best buy GCU discount. or the amazon discount) so i'm probably biased though

Yeah I bought the Ultimate Edition too. The Amazon Prime discount is great. $85 isn't bad at all for what you get.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not a big fan of Neverealm fighters, but I love the details they put in for things like this.

A ton of their intro's in MK X were golden.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Guys I'm so pumped to shoot Omega Beams and lose every match online.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Vince MechMahon posted:

He should also play Solid Snake in the Metal Gear movie cause he's got the vocal cadence for it.

"Hrrrrngh Gorilla....grodd?"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Marvel put out a press release saying some of their comics in August will feature Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite-themed variant covers. People on the internet are speculating that each cover will feature one character from the roster, making for a total of 20 characters on the Marvel side.

Here's the full list of featured comics, with my guesses as to what characters they'll pertain to in bold:

quote:

1. ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7 - Star-Lord
2. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31 - Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
3. AVENGERS #10 - Ultron
4. BLACK PANTHER #17 - Black Panther
5. CHAMPIONS #11 - Ms. Marvel
6. DEFENDERS #4 - Daredevil/Iron Fist
7. DOCTOR STRANGE #24 - Doctor Strange
8. GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK & THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 - The Hulk
9. GENERATIONS: THE UNWORTHY THOR & THE MIGHTY THOR #1 - Thor
10. HAWKEYE #9 - Hawkeye
11. I AM GROOT #4 - Ronan/Gamora
12. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10 - Iron Man
13. MIGHTY THOR #22 - Loki
14. ROCKET #4 - Rocket Raccoon
15. SECRET EMPIRE #8 - Captain America
16. SPIDER-MAN #19 - Spider-Man (Miles Moralis)
17. SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #20 - Doc Ock (Maybe Deadpool??)
18. THANOS #10 - Thanos
19. THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #8 - Captain Marvel
20. VENOM #153 - Venom

Nova not returning from MvC3 would make me a little sad, but I'm very excited for Venom's long-awaited comeback to the vs. games. :tem:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

JordanKai posted:

Marvel put out a press release saying some of their comics in August will feature Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite-themed variant covers. People on the internet are speculating that each cover will feature one character from the roster, making for a total of 20 characters on the Marvel side.

Here's the full list of featured comics, with my guesses as to what characters they'll pertain to in bold:

Nova not returning from MvC3 would make me a little sad, but I'm very excited for Venom's long-awaited comeback to the vs. games. :tem:

Yeah I will be very sad if Nova isn't in Infinite. I loved using him in 3.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would expect Groot over Nova and I wouldn't expect two spider men. Other than the venom blast what would even be different about Peter and Miles?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vince MechMahon posted:

I would expect Groot over Nova and I wouldn't expect two spider men. Other than the venom blast what would even be different about Peter and Miles?

One has a black costume.
No, not the symbiote, a black costume.
No wait, I didn't mean black like that I meant the costume actually is black.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Groot is already in the game as Rocket Raccoon's uhh...mount, I guess?

https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/860509421222350848?lang=en

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Injustice managed to have Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl with completely separate movesets, they can do whatever.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Has anyone played Injustice 2 yet? My copy just came in the mail. So stoked to go home and fire it up!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I've been playing it since it came out. No big surprises or anything, if you liked the first one/MKX you'll like this too.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
It does seem a little telling that none of those books are X-books. However, Hawkeye stars Bishop, not Barton. Wouldn't they want to do Occupy Avengers or something instead?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sesq posted:

It does seem a little telling that none of those books are X-books. However, Hawkeye stars Bishop, not Barton. Wouldn't they want to do Occupy Avengers or something instead?

Maybe they're going to use Bishop.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Skwirl posted:

Maybe they're going to use Bishop.

I would 100% love that, but Barton's already been announced. I doubt they'll spend two roster spots on arrow people, and while an alternate Kate skin works in something like Marvel Heroes, hit box positioning is much more crucial and Kate is significantly shorter than Clint

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Sesq posted:

I would 100% love that, but Barton's already been announced. I doubt they'll spend two roster spots on arrow people, and while an alternate Kate skin works in something like Marvel Heroes, hit box positioning is much more crucial and Kate is significantly shorter than Clint

She's wearing the big floppy hat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pizza Dog standing on her shoulders

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they have Ryu and Ken they can have Spider-Man and Spider-Man with similar but different movesets.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 had Adamantium Wolverine and Boneclaw Wolverine as two separate characters with completely different movesets. I'm sure they could pull off two Spider-Men just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's an alarming lack of Squirrel Girl on this list 🤔