Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yeah for sure, those guys microwave their wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

JaySB posted:

All of that and they end the article with be more like DMMMMJ? A guy who makes basically nothing and has fought on Fightpass cards and is the lowest drawing champion? Don't get me wrong, I love watching him fight but it's not like Dana White is jumping up and down to give him millions either.

author was being catty, the sentence about DJ being the most popular fighter in the company links to an article about UFC on Fox 24 setting a new ratings low

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The Diaz brothers seem like the type of people who microwave their wine.

Is this a type of person? My brother in law does this and it irks me.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

El Roncho posted:

Is this a type of person? My brother in law does this and it irks me.

I just made it up as a weird thing because there's something wrong with my brain. But I just googled it and apparently if you're a big baby who can't finish a bottle of red in a sitting, you can microwave it in short bursts to bring it up to the right temperature if you've stored it in the fridge.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why would you microwave wine

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

henkman posted:

Bc you don't have time to put it in the oven, not all of us are five star cookers

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

henkman posted:

what else can they do .. they cant afford to do anything else with it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

You're a big baby who can't finish a bottle of red in one sitting

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

This seems like a very odd thing for a fight promoter to say

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/860464220261023744

When are the new owners going to let go of Dana?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Dana is right that Nate vs Eddie Alvarez or whatever would do lovely numbers headlining a PPV, just because he was a good foil for Conor doesnt mean hes a giant draw, i dont know why people get so worked up about that. He already said he just wants to ride bike anyway

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tumor looking batty posted:

i dont think they are any time soon

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

tumor looking batty posted:

Dana is the public face there to take any praise or blame while the new owners sit back silently counting piles of money.

Trast fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 5, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just made it up as a weird thing because there's something wrong with my brain. But I just googled it and apparently if you're a big baby who can't finish a bottle of red in a sitting, you can microwave it in short bursts to bring it up to the right temperature if you've stored it in the fridge.

wait, people refrigerate their wine? leave it in a wine rack on your counter, or just sit it on your counter if you don't want to waste money on a wine rack.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bottle of white, bottle of red, slap your opponent upside the head. I'll meet you any time you like / if you'll stand in the center and strike.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bottle of white, bottle of red, slap your opponent upside the head. I'll meet you any time you like / if you'll stand in the center and strike.

get some rosé, drink the whole thang, then brosé it's time to bang.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

manyak posted:

Dana is right that Nate vs Eddie Alvarez or whatever would do lovely numbers headlining a PPV, just because he was a good foil for Conor doesnt mean hes a giant draw, i dont know why people get so worked up about that. He already said he just wants to ride bike anyway

Very few people get a pop like the Diaz brothers. I don't think they are at Conor/Ronda/GSP level, but I believe they would do pretty well headlining even if a belt isn't on the line.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Rigel posted:

Very few people get a pop like the Diaz brothers. I don't think they are at Conor/Ronda/GSP level, but I believe they would do pretty well headlining even if a belt isn't on the line.

Nate notably does well on fox cards for sure but whether that translates to ppv buys or not is complicated math that none of us can do. Nick vs Anderson did around 600-700k buys which was strong and slightly above average for Anderson, but not the strongest that month let alone that year, and it wasn't that great a fight, he lost and he hasn't fought since and has been fairly quiet in public life. I do not think he could walk into the cage today and earn a lot against anyone he'd realistically be matched against.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 5, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

They're extremely popular and would be huge money draws if they A were slightly better and could fight for belts without losing to random dudes and B would actually promote in the wider media. Also it doesn't help that they don't seem to want to fight very much at this point. If you wanted you could probably get the belt onto nick and reproduce his Strikeforce run and make a lot of money but realistically I don't think he wants it enough at this point.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nick's strikeforce fights were sick. when he got dropped by daley and then boxed him up it was awesome

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Bluedeanie posted:

Bc you don't have time to put it in the oven, not all of us are five star cookers

Uriah Hall is extremely triggered by this post.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
"Can you recommend me a wine?"
"Sure, what are you having it with?"
"A cagefight"

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Speaking of white whine, Iaquinta is asking to be cut apparently.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Chinese ufc sucks

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

They're extremely popular and would be huge money draws if they A were slightly better and could fight for belts without losing to random dudes and B would actually promote in the wider media. Also it doesn't help that they don't seem to want to fight very much at this point. If you wanted you could probably get the belt onto nick and reproduce his Strikeforce run and make a lot of money but realistically I don't think he wants it enough at this point.

Yah

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcNDSyV88Y&t=702s

Joanna gonna do some violence again next week.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It won't be the same without Goldberg butchering her name.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

Speaking of white whine, Iaquinta is asking to be cut apparently.

God I hate him more every time I see anything about him. I hope he fucks off to Bellator soon so I never have to hear him speak again.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bluedeanie posted:

"cookers" is a pro-tier reference

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/860587569884663808

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol british wrestling

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
They probably didn't expect it to go down like that.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

God I hate him more every time I see anything about him. I hope he fucks off to Bellator soon so I never have to hear him speak again.

I agree with him on most of his complaints, but there's a certain 'poo poo or get off the pot' context to bitching about the UFC.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Google Butt posted:

lol british wrestling

idk if the dude who hosed the other dude up is also british this loses its impact

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Why would you put red wine in the fridge even if you didn't finish the bottle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

red19fire posted:

I agree with him on most of his complaints, but there's a certain 'poo poo or get off the pot' context to bitching about the UFC.

Asking for a release is getting off the pot though

• Locked thread