Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Chill la Chill posted:

Got a May 4th tournament instead of the typical casual event. Space is limited to 10 people only due to a concurrent imperial assault tournament and the owner's getting rid of a bunch of old kits so we may be in for some nice loot, including the worlds viewing stuff.

There is a World's viewing kit?

Here is all the "Garbage" for the Aus Open. Now people have to start mailing in builds to be judged

Imperials

Cutlass Sqn Pilot
Fels Wrath
Sigma Sqn Pilot
Rebels

Knave Squadron
Outer Rim Smuggler
Rebel Operative (Thanks for the TLT assholes)
Scum

Graz the Hunter
Black Sun Enforcer
Black Sun Vigo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's definitely a thing, but good luck getting any info of it from FFG. I don't think most of the LGSs here even knew about it.

-X-Wing. 2 Alternate Art Rey cards
-Armada. 2 Alternate Art General Dodonna cards
-Imperial Assault. 2 Alternate Art The Grand Inquisitor cards
-Destiny. 2 Alternate Art Mon Mothma cards

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

thespaceinvader posted:

Gunboat should have been what the punisher is, only not poo poo.

You put nubs on the sides as well, and it can either be used 'long' (for the IG2000, say) or 'wide' (for the K Wing).

The Gunboat is somehow even uglier than the Punisher

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

There is a World's viewing kit?

Here is all the "Garbage" for the Aus Open. Now people have to start mailing in builds to be judged

Imperials

Cutlass Sqn Pilot
Fels Wrath
Sigma Sqn Pilot
Rebels

Knave Squadron
Outer Rim Smuggler
Rebel Operative (Thanks for the TLT assholes)
Scum

Graz the Hunter
Black Sun Enforcer
Black Sun Vigo

This is not an FFG open, right? This is some thing some dude came up with and thought it would be great to put 3 lovely ships per faction (one of which isn't all that lovely with its TLT). Right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Gunboat is somehow even uglier than the Punisher

Early 90's computer graphics, man.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Any sales on little plastic spaceships today?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

IronSaber posted:

Any sales on little plastic spaceships today?

CSI has one. Not a very exciting one, but the Shadow Caster for $25 is pretty good.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/3593

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

canyoneer posted:

CSI has one. Not a very exciting one, but the Shadow Caster for $25 is pretty good.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/3593

That's pretty good. I don't have a Shadow Caster yet.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

The Shadow Caster is very good and fun.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

admanb posted:

The Shadow Caster is very good and fun.

Apparently so, since I keep seeing its use in tournaments.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

This is not an FFG open, right? This is some thing some dude came up with and thought it would be great to put 3 lovely ships per faction (one of which isn't all that lovely with its TLT). Right?

Yeah, it's one of the larger AU game stores running what they are calling the Aus Open.

The more I think about it the more lovely it sounds.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Yeah, it's one of the larger AU game stores running what they are calling the Aus Open.

The more I think about it the more lovely it sounds.

What exactly are the rules here? Is taking the lovely ship encouraged or mandatory?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

What exactly are the rules here? Is taking the lovely ship encouraged or mandatory?

Before the tourney there will be voting on the garbage ship's upgrades and there is no point limit.

In the main event, day one is normal 100 point format. On day two the top 8 have to pick one of the ships and build a list around it. Who ever was top ranked day one gets to make the first pick, them second highest and so on.

The side tournament on day two is everyone else split into 8 player groups based on their ranking and doing the same as the top 8.

Honestly if I don't make the top 8 I really don't think I am going to play the side tournament. Main reason I'm going is to get experience at a large event. I'm 5-0 at 100 point events so far at home and Sydney, but the most players has been 30.

It's not even remotely fair and they keep claiming that the grand prize is going to be "something never seen before" makes it even worse. Personally I'm glad ThreeD6 lost out on having the nationals.

Raged fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 5, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that FFG did not give us some new stuff today? Heck even showing us some cards from the new ships would have done the trick.

Just hoping that they don't get too focused on sucking that CCG tit.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Raged posted:

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that FFG did not give us some new stuff today? Heck even showing us some cards from the new ships would have done the trick.

Just hoping that they don't get too focused on sucking that CCG tit.

X-Wing prolly makes more money for FFG than the rest of their product line combined.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Good luck to the goons at Worlds. Let us know how it's going.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

admanb posted:

X-Wing prolly makes more money for FFG than the rest of their product line combined.

Destiny is printing money. It's crazy both how expensive it is and how well it sells.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
List: Check
Dice: Check
Plastic Spaceships: Check
TIE "Defender" T-Shirt by Andy Elusive: Check

Worlds, here I come!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tequila Ranger posted:

Worlds, here I come!

Oh poo poo this man forgot his templates and dials and damage deck

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So I got 4 points to play with in this list.

Prockets on Inquisitor?

Pilots
------

The Inquisitor (31)
TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Push the Limit (3), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Vessery (39)
TIE Defender (35), Ion Cannon (3), Veteran Instincts (1), TIE/D (0)

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

So I got 4 points to play with in this list.

Prockets on Inquisitor?

Pilots
------

The Inquisitor (31)
TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Push the Limit (3), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Vessery (39)
TIE Defender (35), Ion Cannon (3), Veteran Instincts (1), TIE/D (0)

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

Yes. Prockets. Lets you punish anyone who tries to close the distance to him. It makes him sort of a Fenn Rau-like ship, in that he hits like a truck at Range 1 and is hard to hurt at range 3.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If you guys are off looking for worlds coverage, Brunas started his stream: https://www.twitch.tv/carolinakrayts

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Yes. Prockets. Lets you punish anyone who tries to close the distance to him. It makes him sort of a Fenn Rau-like ship, in that he hits like a truck at Range 1 and is hard to hurt at range 3.

Cool. I wanted to make this TL party squad, and I honestly think for damage, Vess is better with Tie /D then Tie X/7.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Cool. I wanted to make this TL party squad, and I honestly think for damage, Vess is better with Tie /D then Tie X/7.

It's a viable list, but you have to be really careful not to lose Vessery first. He's the obvious target and can die pretty quick if you let him get focus fired.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

It's a viable list, but you have to be really careful not to lose Vessery first. He's the obvious target and can die pretty quick if you let him get focus fired.

Totally fair. My Question is this. Do I have him shoot first, so that he is guarenteed to be able to take advantage of the target locks from the other two, or shoot after them so the defensive tokens are stripped off?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Bossk with Fearlessness and Cluster Missiles is a wrecking ball. With a focus, Dengar, fearlessness and guidance chips anything caught at range 1 with Cluster Missiles is likely to eat 8-10 hits.
I played it last night and buzzsawed through a TIE and Vader swarm. It was fantastic. I think this might be my store champs list for 2 weeks away.
I feel like it's worst matchups are Miranda, Brobots or Dash, but could probably do fine against most small ship lists.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Totally fair. My Question is this. Do I have him shoot first, so that he is guarenteed to be able to take advantage of the target locks from the other two, or shoot after them so the defensive tokens are stripped off?

If it were Tractor Beam Vessery you would absolutely shoot first. If he's shooting last, they'd just ignore the TBeam shot most of the time.

With Ion Vessery I think it depends on how much you care about landing the ion. If it's super important, let Quiz shoot first. OLeader won't be spending his lock so you'll still have it.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Destiny is printing money. It's crazy both how expensive it is and how well it sells.

True, but if Destiny is going to take resources away from X-Wing it hasn't happened yet -- until it came out and sold like gangbusters they were expecting it to fail, thus the stock issues.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Bossk with Fearlessness and Cluster Missiles is a wrecking ball. With a focus, Dengar, fearlessness and guidance chips anything caught at range 1 with Cluster Missiles is likely to eat 8-10 hits.
I played it last night and buzzsawed through a TIE and Vader swarm. It was fantastic. I think this might be my store champs list for 2 weeks away.
I feel like it's worst matchups are Miranda, Brobots or Dash, but could probably do fine against most small ship lists.

Who accompanies Bossk in this list of yours?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Im calling a Miranda Biggs X win at Worlds. That poo poo is out of hand.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

IronSaber posted:

Who accompanies Bossk in this list of yours?

Ketsuuuuuuuuuuu

ConfusedUs posted:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...n=Ketsu%20Bossk

I think I'm in love with this list. It just melts things.

Ketsu does fun stuff with pre-combat tractor beams, and also with the title. If Bossk is going to shoot in a big hit on the same target, they've got hard choices about spending tokens when Ketsu shoots at them first. If it hits, they get another TB token. If they spend their tokens, they've got nothing left for when Bossk shoots them and uses Guidance Chips to trigger a crit and use his ability.

Fearlessness is also pretty fun with all the Protectorates out there, because it essentially nets out their Concord Dawn title (I add a hit, you add an evade)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I'm imagining a Fearless Bossk and a Fearless Rau in a game of Space Chicken.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tequila Ranger posted:

Worlds, here I come!

You might find it amusing to know that Disney pulled that shirt from TeePublic the day before May the 4th. I guess they were worried I would profit from their IP or something!

So now I need to move my store to TeeSpring or someplace similar.

Anyways, goodluck!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Yes! And take K4 so you get those sweet, sweet target locks even if you bump. Which you should be doing a lot of.

The worst matchup imaginable is Miranda/Dash. Fuuuck that noise.

Slandible posted:

Im calling a Miranda Biggs X win at Worlds. That poo poo is out of hand.

Hilariously, Ketsu/Bossk eats this for breakfast. You can simply delete Miranda with cluster missile Bossk, even with Biggs there.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

AndyElusive posted:

You might find it amusing to know that Disney pulled that shirt from TeePublic the day before May the 4th. I guess they were worried I would profit from their IP or something!

So now I need to move my store to TeeSpring or someplace similar.

Anyways, goodluck!

As the Americans would say, I got mine.

Oh, and the Narc tshirt the logo is centered to the length of the overall design, not the actual logo, so it's off center.

Xwing chat: I still take int aces to tournaments because I hate myself and why would I use ships with twice the combined hit points for two points more?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

I'm imagining a Fearless Bossk and a Fearless Rau in a game of Space Chicken.

At the CaC tournament, I took Fearless Ketsu/Bossk against Fenn/Dengar. Managed to make Fenn bump into Ketsu (no tokens) and get Dengar into range 1 of Bossk on the first round of shooting.

Tractored Fenn with Ketsu. Ate 3 damage from his unmodified attack. Got 5 hits back at him with range 1 + fearlessness + lock + glitterstim. The only evade he got was his title. Just deleted him.

Bossk unloaded into Dengar. Used 4-LOM twice to deny his focus defensively; it worked. Dengar took 7 damage total. I had several blanks in there, too, so with good rolls I could have just deleted him also.

Round one result: Fenn dead. Dengar with 2hp left. Ketsu with 7hp left, and a 5hp Bossk blocking all of Dengar's good moves.

It was ugly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

As the Americans would say, I got mine.

Oh, and the Narc tshirt the logo is centered to the length of the overall design, not the actual logo, so it's off center.

Goddamnit, that pisses me off to hear. When I change my store over, I'll PM you and order you a better version of it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

Don't forget the Scavenger Crane.

Fearlessness Bossk is VICIOUS but I don't run Bossk these days without Determination, because Kylo Crew exists and is a GIANT JERK.

I'd also say that unless oyu're doing that, VI is likely to get you better results. Fearlessness is nasty, but avoidable with higher PS.

Ketsu/Bossk is probably my list for Euros, unless I decide it's too vulnerable to Miranda. It kills her easily... when it catches her...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm seeing a lot of missile boats on the streams too, which gives me pause. They have the health and the punch to do well in a standup fight vs Ketsu/Bossk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Arrrrggghh. Why are people splitting fire against the Heaver list.

Hell its a bad idea against any list

• Locked thread