Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

kensei posted:

Got Aaron Judge for $5 in the keeper league auction and I could not be happier with him. I don't like the Yankees but it's fun to watch him hit massive home runs.

I remember looking at his name after he hit his first 2 HR's. I thought he would be at best an empty stat power guy bringing down my average.
Think he got scooped up the next day. Now i'm actually more in shock over the whole team, they are crushing right now. Judge is a beast, even with regression. Can't believe this team will get Sanchez back as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Kendrys Morales is terrible. Droppable in a 12 team league? When is he going to turn it around so I can be sure to drop him right before he goes 3/4 with 2 HR and 5 RBI

chilihead posted:

I'm really thinking of benching Grienke tommorow. What do you guys think of benching decent pitchers in Coors? Is this the right move for most pitchers?

I know in football, don't sit your studs, but I remember having a discussion about Kershaw at Coors last year, and his ERA is high there. Whoever I was replying to ended up starting him and regretted it. So I'd probably even bench Kershaw there.

8 - 4, 4.71 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 9.1 K/9. So he becomes a slightly below average pitcher there. I think Greinke would be a nightmare.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 4, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

chilihead posted:

I remember looking at his name after he hit his first 2 HR's. I thought he would be at best an empty stat power guy bringing down my average.
Think he got scooped up the next day. Now i'm actually more in shock over the whole team, they are crushing right now. Judge is a beast, even with regression. Can't believe this team will get Sanchez back as well.

Around the same time, my buddy in my OBP league traded Judge to someone for Rajai Davis. He's pretty pissed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think it's ever bad to sit someone in coors esp in roto

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

marwin gonzalez looks real, real good

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

marwin gonzalez looks real, real good

Yeah I picked him up earlier today in 4 of my 5 leagues, he is eligible at every position except catcher. Super utility indeed.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

his splits and plate discipline check out. still a small sample, but dude is swinging less at pitches outside and making way more contact with pitches in the zone. too early to glean anything from his fb and gb numbers. his babip is super low too.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think I just read that his HR/FB % is something like 47%, lol.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Around the same time, my buddy in my OBP league traded Judge to someone for Rajai Davis. He's pretty pissed.

:drat:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn't Marwin the guy that broke up Yu Darvish's perfect game?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Yup. With two outs in the ninth inning.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

In grass is green news,

quote:

Rich Hill (blister) allowed two runs, three hits and one walk in 2/3 of an inning during Thursday's rehab start for High-A Rancho Cucamonga.
What a disaster. The plan was for Hill to throw four innings but instead he faced just six batters over the course of 29 ineffective pitches. Hill didn't seem to be hurt but obviously he's not ready to rejoin the Dodgers' rotation just yet. Alex Wood will continue to fill in while Hill, who has been hampered by blister issues, works to get back on track.
- Rotowire

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Inspector_666 posted:

I grabbed him as an FA in two leagues. And dropped him in the Goon league for somebody like Nunez. :downs:
Thinking of dropping Nunez for Tim Beckham. Is Beckham for real

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'd say he as real as Nunez is. I mean, there's only been one season where Nunez was any good.

Can I cut bait on Peraza in a 12 team roto league yet? I'm leading the league in SB and I have Gordon, Cain, and Pollock, plus Marte for when he gets back. Peraza is stinking it up on my bench now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Was thinking about grabbing Beckham too, but he will probably be battling Matt Duffy for a starting spot once he's healthy. May not be a viable long term option.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

With Sanchez back, I've got too many catchers.

Sanchez
McCann
Avila

I've been floating trades for McCann and Avila and no one is biting.

Who do I drop? I'm thinking McCann because avilia is prob be better for spot starts since he'll likely stay in the field/dh. But then I think Houston has a p good line up and mccann is protected better. Idk

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

People on ESPN and Yahoo are adding Matt Cain for his start at Great American Launching Pad. Madness.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Junkyard Poodle posted:

With Sanchez back, I've got too many catchers.

Sanchez
McCann
Avila

I've been floating trades for McCann and Avila and no one is biting.

Who do I drop? I'm thinking McCann because avilia is prob be better for spot starts since he'll likely stay in the field/dh. But then I think Houston has a p good line up and mccann is protected better. Idk

You'd probably drop McCann and Avila for something good because even the best catchers put up lower stats than most of baseball's top 200.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Doltos posted:

You'd probably drop McCann and Avila for something good because even the best catchers put up lower stats than most of baseball's top 200.

That's fair. You thinking dropping McCann for Beckham today to insure against Story stinking it up would be a prudent move prudent?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Junkyard Poodle posted:

That's fair. You thinking dropping McCann for Beckham today to insure against Story stinking it up would be a prudent move prudent?

That's prudent.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Moneyball posted:

That's prudent.

Thank you for the prudent advice and helping me stay prudent.

I'm bad at phone posting

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Thank you for the prudent advice and helping me stay prudent.

I'm bad at phone posting

I think you should stay the course on Story. Thousand points of light. Stay the course.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ian Kennedy and James Paxton were two pitchers I targeted.

Great day.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

40% of his hits have been dongs!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Great day.

In the past 24 hours I've had 4 DTDs and 1 DL. Trout and Harper sting the worst of the bunch. I have Paxton on every single team and I've been thrilled with him, sigh.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 5, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what happened to kpax?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Great day.

I was about to sit down this afternoon and try to work out a trade for Paxton in one league. Phew.

Abel Wingnut posted:

what happened to kpax?

10-day for forearm tightness. Which isn't ominous at all or anything.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jesus, i just cancelled my trade for paxton in time

wwwhhhhghheeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My fantasy team:

Madbum (DL)
Donaldson (DL)
Cargo (DTD)
A-Gon (DL)* literally as I posted he went from DTD to DL
Paxton (DL)
Ian Kennedy (DL)
Matz (DL)

I hate this season.

EDIT: As a warning, I have Eickhoff, Lance Lynn, Pomeranz, and Julio Urias as my remaining alive pitchers. Trade them before they get hurt too.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 5, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Now Miley is hurt

We didn't mean death to pitching literally

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I've been lamenting not getting Paxton in my big keeper league since the draft :sweatdrop:

which I why I went hard at him in the $20 league :rip:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm going after him. hopefully i can move some of these fast starters destined to regress

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Now Miley is hurt

We didn't mean death to pitching literally

Miley was killed by CWS batters, too.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Abel Wingnut posted:

fast starters destined to regress

speaking of, are we counting Severino among those? im on the fence about him

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

he's outperforming his peripherals a bit. i wouldn't sell unless you can get a significant upgrade. like a salazar or something.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

speaking of, are we counting Severino among those? im on the fence about him

I think Severino is gonna be real good, but how do you feel about Pineda?

Because they're from the same mold, so if the ERA concerns scare you off of the K upside...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
im in a points league so long as he gets ks and run support which looks sustainable, I should be fine. The HR problem he has is concerning though

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

im in a points league so long as he gets ks and run support which looks sustainable, I should be fine. The HR problem he has is concerning though

As long as he keeps striking guys outs, they'll hopefully mostly be solo shots. I don't see an implosion like last season when he started, where he was garbage out of the gate.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

loving folty

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Assuming Paxton isn't borked would you rather have Paxton/Cueto or Verlander/Shoemaker/Glasnow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Assuming Paxton isn't borked would you rather have Paxton/Cueto or Verlander/Shoemaker/Glasnow

Paxton Cueto for sure.

• Locked thread