Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Frush posted:

There was no mention of new classes, but I feel it's safe to assume there will be some released with this patch. That's at least sort of how it worked previously.

Heh, I actually wrote that before seeing your post. Thanks for the livestream information, and I hope you're right. I want every flavor of vanguard. Including Salarian.

Also what's the bet there's a singleplayer DLC featuring friendly kett, so we get kett MP characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

Heh, I actually wrote that before seeing your post. Thanks for the livestream information, and I hope you're right. I want every flavor of vanguard. Including Salarian.

Also what's the bet there's a singleplayer DLC featuring friendly kett, so we get kett MP characters?

Right now? I wager not very good. They still have to reintroduce all the other Milky Way races the Quarians are bringing along (because lets face it, that's the super obvious choice and cliche as it is they'd be fools not to use it). And then there's only two Anagara characters, and they really seem to want us to love the Angara (look at all those missions where they were all 'You should take Jaal along!' and even if you didn't he just talked at you over the radio the whole time).

I think we won't see any turncoat Kett characters until the lifespan of the game is almost done, if at all. I think they're trying to set them up as bigger, more classic villains for the next ones and it'll be tongue in cheek at best if they throw playable ones in. But that's just my guess.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The loving sunk cost fallacy that's making them cling to sync kills despite them not working or being fun in both games they've been in is amazing. I don't give a poo poo how long it took you to program it, they are bad and need to go.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

-Mid & high level outlaw units getting buffed

Why

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's two unreleased classes in the game data currently, a Turian infiltrator and an Angara with an electricity gimmick (Overload, Energy Drain, Barricade). They'll probably show up with their APEX storylines like the krogan gladiator and salarian architect did.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Frush posted:

Right now? I wager not very good. They still have to reintroduce all the other Milky Way races the Quarians are bringing along (because lets face it, that's the super obvious choice and cliche as it is they'd be fools not to use it). And then there's only two Anagara characters, and they really seem to want us to love the Angara (look at all those missions where they were all 'You should take Jaal along!' and even if you didn't he just talked at you over the radio the whole time).

I think we won't see any turncoat Kett characters until the lifespan of the game is almost done, if at all. I think they're trying to set them up as bigger, more classic villains for the next ones and it'll be tongue in cheek at best if they throw playable ones in. But that's just my guess.

I wasn't necessarily thinking right now - more like the second or third SP DLC, at least 8 months from now. I agree, we'll get quarians and drell first for sure. But I do also think we have to get 'playable villains' - this game's equivalent of the Awakened Collector.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Probably because people farm character levels on Gold/Zero/Outlaw all day, every day.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

I wasn't necessarily thinking right now - more like the second or third SP DLC, at least 8 months from now. I agree, we'll get quarians and drell first for sure. But I do also think we have to get 'playable villains' - this game's equivalent of the Awakened Collector.

Honestly I'd be surprised if we got them at all. ME3 had kind of wrapped up the storylines there, so really they could just throw it in there with minimal excuse and everyone is most just 'sure, whatever' about it. Because they're fairly obviously planning on using the Kett as a recurring antagonist they likely won't be so free with that kind of thing. But then, if they can make money from packs by throwing a Kett in they will so...

I guess I just wouldn't hold my breath is all. If they do you're right and it'll be way down the line.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Reddit posted:

Shotgun was designed for primarily in-cover use. That hasn't been reflected in play, so they're lowering the in-cover accuracy bonus and instead pumping up the standard accuracy.

...have they played an fps before?

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Relentless posted:

Their literal design philosophy was 'enemies have to jump around now so lets make them damage sponges'. If they have, they certainly didn't take many lessons from it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Also enemies only jump to reach higher areas, they aren't flying around dodging bullets. They seek cover just as much as always, so they really don't need the hp boost.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Frush posted:

Alright, summary of the livestream (I managed to get away with watching it at work);

-They are looking into crashing and definitely want any feedback from people there

So it's not even being fixed in the next patch... great.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Error 404 posted:

Also enemies only jump to reach higher areas, they aren't flying around dodging bullets. They seek cover just as much as always, so they really don't need the hp boost.

Also another part of it was that you could get to better positions to bypass cover (hovering, jumping onto a roof, etc) so enemy cover would not be as useful as before.

Same applies to players, which is why they also increased player durability.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Frush posted:

Alright, summary of the livestream (I managed to get away with watching it at work);

-Non-sniper weapons are all getting a buff
-Some powers were getting a buff
-Combos were bugged and not scaling with difficulty
-Shotguns will have a 'more defined role' related to use as a skirmish weapon
-Kett all getting nerfed, including sync kill chances
-Cobra RPGs getting a buff. Won't be OHK, but more damage will carry through, including on Ascendants
-UR weapons are supposed to feel better and be better than other rarities, and are getting buffed
-They are looking into crashing and definitely want any feedback from people there
-They're going to add something to do/buy with unused mission funds, related to progression speed

No actual numbers for now, but they'll post them closer to release.

What about the double ammo bug? Are they even considering taking it out?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Frush posted:

-Non-sniper weapons are all getting a buff
-Some powers were getting a buff
-Combos were bugged and not scaling with difficulty
-Shotguns will have a 'more defined role' related to use as a skirmish weapon
-Kett all getting nerfed, including sync kill chances
-Cobra RPGs getting a buff. Won't be OHK, but more damage will carry through, including on Ascendants
-UR weapons are supposed to feel better and be better than other rarities, and are getting buffed
-They're going to add something to do/buy with unused mission funds, related to progression speed

No actual numbers for now, but they'll post them closer to release.

So 75% of weapons aren't working right, two of three factions are not set up properly, a major damage mechanic isn't functional, and some player powers need a buff.

I'm impressed they are making such big changes honestly. But yeah, the scale of the changes they need to make really underscores the frustration I've had with the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Relentless posted:

Hahaha I can't understand these people. The design of this game is so baffling from top to bottom. In what shooter is a burst damage gun that only works at short range a weapon that you mainly use from cover? Just...what?? And how does that explanation even cover why they do so little damage that some shotguns connecting with every single pellet from an entire magazine will not kill the most basic enemy in the game?

It's good that they will be buffing shotguns, but that explanation for why they were so bad in the first place leaves me more confused than ever.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Relentless posted:

I thought for sure this was a typo and they meant to say NOT used from cover because what the gently caress who uses a shotgun from cover? The shotgun is the weapon you carry when you've strapped on your giant steel cahones and stand up face to face with your aggressors and make them taste your freedom.

Google Image Search: "cool shotgun guy"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Patch notes
- added damage bonus to charge when used from cover

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CapnBry posted:

Google Image Search: "cool shotgun guy"

The venerable krogan vanguard in his natural habitat :patriot:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Soned sucks balls.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

So it's not even being fixed in the next patch... great.

They said they're always working on that, so it's possible your particular error or someone else's is resolved but not all of them. Maybe you'll get lucky this time.

MarshyMcFly posted:

What about the double ammo bug? Are they even considering taking it out?

No mention of it. I'd guess they'll try and fix it, but its probably uncommonly enough used that it isn't a priority.

Two Finger posted:

So 75% of weapons aren't working right, two of three factions are not set up properly, a major damage mechanic isn't functional, and some player powers need a buff.

I'm impressed they are making such big changes honestly. But yeah, the scale of the changes they need to make really underscores the frustration I've had with the game.

Yeah, kind of my thoughts too. They're making some radical changes, but they have to. It wasn't nearly this bad, but all of us who were in the ME3MP as well remember when they had some rough things too. The awful vanguard bugs, overpowered Geth shotgun, banshees literally teleporting into sync kill, etc.

I guess the point is that this patch should help most of the issues, but it was always iterative.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Frush posted:

I guess the point is that this patch should help most of the issues, but it was always iterative.

I just want to be a space wizard with a shotgun. How did things end up this far off track? :(

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Frush posted:

Just what everyone wanted :discourse:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the sticky charge/grenade a tech ability or a combat?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
If you can trust the skill screen, sticky grenades are a combat power.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Is the sticky charge/grenade a tech ability or a combat?
Combat.

They're colour coded. Red is combat, orange is tech, fabulous is biotic.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BreakAtmo posted:

It really will be cool to see new classes. I'd like to see a proper Turian Vanguard

Give me my Turian Havok back, and give me more godamn tech combo powers!

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I unlocked the Asari Huntress. Throw and lance? :stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Asari biotics are stupidly powerful. Did I say stupidly? I meant viably :troll:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Well, I dunno wtf is going on, I haven't been able to play a game all day because it keeps crashing on the loading screen before MP games even friggin start.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I have discovered that Krogan Gladiator is really fun. Flamethrower seems to be a non poo poo tech power and his other stuff gives him good survivability. Plus setting people on fire.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Okay, turns out MEA does not like to be run as an administrator. Had steam turned on like that so I could play Injustice. The more you know.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Relentless posted:

I just want to be a space wizard with a shotgun. How did things end up this far off track? :(

If I knew I'd tell you. I just want combos to make things explode, so maybe there's hope?

Give me my N7 paladin back. Including Snap freeze through walls. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Houdini posted:

I unlocked the Asari Huntress. Throw and lance? :stare:

Eh, she's good but not great (AsAdept gets Throw/Lance/Annihilation which is way better) I maxed out Stealth Grid specced for team support and just run around cloaking everyone and doing the ammo prime -> Throw dance.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I have discovered that Krogan Gladiator is really fun. Flamethrower seems to be a non poo poo tech power and his other stuff gives him good survivability. Plus setting people on fire.

Flamethrower is a lot better than I thought it was yeah. Especially during Hack/Upload. :supaburn:

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Kromerc seems to be the way to go if you want to be passable at....everything.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

precision posted:

Eh, she's good but not great (AsAdept gets Throw/Lance/Annihilation which is way better) I maxed out Stealth Grid specced for team support and just run around cloaking everyone and doing the ammo prime -> Throw dance.

Flamethrower is a lot better than I thought it was yeah. Especially during Hack/Upload. :supaburn:

Honestly I just hope they release a class that has the Cryo Thrower and the Flame Thrower so I can be blasting all the time.

And maybe throw in the Reegar Combine so I can even shootmans as a thrower.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really hope we get a Turian Vanguard. Fortify, Charge and Sticky Grenade :getin:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
The reality of the grind just set in for me because I got an Asari Duelist in an Expert pack and I love the dodge-through-walls thing. Then I realized that to get to rank X, I need 10 ultra rares, which will be spread across at least 5 classes and at least 5 UR weapons that I know of. That works out to just 351 hours of play time at 20 minutes per gold map. Just two months of playing 9 to 5, 5 days a week. :stare: I am unemployed but I am not THAT unemployed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CapnBry posted:

The reality of the grind just set in for me because I got an Asari Duelist in an Expert pack and I love the dodge-through-walls thing. Then I realized that to get to rank X, I need 10 ultra rares, which will be spread across at least 5 classes and at least 5 UR weapons that I know of. That works out to just 351 hours of play time at 20 minutes per gold map. Just two months of playing 9 to 5, 5 days a week. :stare: I am unemployed but I am not THAT unemployed.

My duelist is level 20 rank I and I fuckin wreck poo poo.
E: and I roll with a scorpion III (barrel I, melee X)
Its still super fun

Just play for funsies man its less stressful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Rank 2 dueslist is like 99% as good as rank 10 duelist (thankfully I got Duelist tank 2 as like my 4th UR unlock). The new rank+ lvl thing is poo poo though and makes UR stuff incredibly underwhelming when getting an UR should be a vaguely exciting thing. I hate sniping in all forms and hate playing it any game/can't stand it in any VS style game so of course my very first rare was a vanq that I never use and I'm currently at black widow 5 without unlocking my buddy the piranha.

Bruc fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 6, 2017

• Locked thread