Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Blockhouse posted:

would not call anything with the dark elves in thor 2 "cool"

Their visual/art design was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I will not miss Natalie Portman, but I will miss Kat Dennings

I am not ashamed to agree. In fact, I wish she had been cast as the love interest/Jane. At least she looked like she wanted to be in those movies, and she's smoking hot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thor could do better than the racist cupcake lady.

vvv Excuse me I said cupcake lady, not cupcake adult baby. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 5, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think Ariana Grande has ever expressed any interest in acting in the MCU.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
i ❤ kat dennings and wish she could be recast as a more prominent character going forward.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think most of what makes Guardians 2 slightly worse than the first is just the pacing and that it doesn't feel quite as fresh, but Kurt Russell is so great it kind of erases a lot of that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Arist posted:

I think most of what makes Guardians 2 slightly worse than the first is just the pacing and that it doesn't feel quite as fresh, but Kurt Russell is so great it kind of erases a lot of that.

There are a couple spots that felt like "hey kids, remember this joke from Guardians of the Galaxy that you loved, well here it is again!" But then something like Ben Browder showing up covered in gold paint would happen and we were back off to the races.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I will not miss Natalie Portman, but I will miss Kat Dennings

You're just going to miss her huge tits. It's okay, I'll miss them too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

pubic works project posted:

Hemsworth's are bigger in the Thor: Ragnarok trailer.

You'll be fine.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hemsworth's are bigger in the Thor: Ragnarok trailer.

You'll be fine.

Yeah buddy!!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Rhyno alt spotted

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Aphrodite posted:

vvv Excuse me I said cupcake lady, not cupcake adult baby. vvv

Wait, do I want to know the context here?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For which part?

I just really hate 2 Broke Girls, it's the worst.

Ariana Grande allegedly makes people carry her like a child.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What, like in a Bjorn?

Two Broke Girls is the worst trash but I'm glad Garret Morris is getting work.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, do I want to know the context here?

Racist Cupcake Lady could apply to Kat Dennings or Ariana Grande.

Kat Dennings - On her show, her character makes cupcakes. She also wrote a joke where she said an Austrailian girl was "Half Aboriginal, but she has a great personality."

Ariana Grande - She went to a bakery and got caught on camera picking up a cupcake and a donut, licking them, then putting them back in case when the baker's back was turned. She also got in trouble for saying "I hate America and Americans." and that it is okay to judge people based on how they look, because you can see that some people are ghetto just from looking at them.

She also has people carry her around like a baby.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

She also has people carry her around like a baby.

I need proof of this because it's hilarious

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

parallelodad posted:

What, like in a Bjorn?

Two Broke Girls is the worst trash but I'm glad Garret Morris is getting work.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 5, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kat Dennings - She also wrote a joke where she said an Australian girl was "Half Aboriginal, but she has a great personality."
Didn't realize she wrote for the show, too.

she doesn't

Also, came across this.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 5, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's like a dozen of those per episode.

It's an awful show.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

lol thanks for this

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ariana Grande is Sexy Baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEmKN6DT-VE

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It's an awful show.

I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Somehow enough people do to keep it getting renewed.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The show has like 2 sets from what I've seen, costs probably very little comparatively, and yeah, enough people turn in just to see some cleavage and legs for 20 minutes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Aphrodite posted:

It's CBS, they will watch anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Getting carried around like a baby sounds pretty great tbh and if I were little enough to do it I'd be down

Electromax
May 6, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Getting carried around like a baby sounds pretty great tbh and if I were little enough to do it I'd be down

close enough?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Why wouldn't you wanna pick up Ariana Grande in your arms? She's adorable.

To get this back on track I've learned two things about the Wonder Woman movie today;;

1) It comes out in less than a month.
2) There has been a significant lack of push from DC/WB to actually let people know of this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't buy it. I've seen the film everywhere.
The idea that WB is trying to hide it or not advertising it because it is a woman is ludicrous.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Honestly the trailer I saw before Guardians wasn't all that good. I'm still going to see it but I'm not anticipating it heavily.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

parallelodad posted:

I don't buy it. I've seen the film everywhere.
The idea that WB is trying to hide it or not advertising it because it is a woman is ludicrous.

I also didn't realize that it was coming out in a month.

I don't think they are trying to hide it because she is a woman, but it is kind of weird that MoS and BvS (and Justice League) had trailers and promos running a year or more before the release and had tie-ins with every store you could think of; while Wonder Woman has had two trailers that debuted about 3 months before it released.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I also didn't realize that it was coming out in a month.

I don't think they are trying to hide it because she is a woman, but it is kind of weird that MoS and BvS (and Justice League) had trailers and promos running a year or more before the release and had tie-ins with every store you could think of; while Wonder Woman has had two trailers that debuted about 3 months before it released.

.. Huh? They've been doing teasers and trailers for it since last year.

Like there was teaser footage and stuff literally before Batman v. Superman came out.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 5, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

notthegoatseguy posted:

Honestly the trailer I saw before Guardians wasn't all that good. I'm still going to see it but I'm not anticipating it heavily.

I didn't even get a trailer. It was super weird.

ImpAtom posted:

.. Huh? They've been doing teasers and trailers for it since last year.

Like there was teaser footage and stuff literally before Batman v. Superman came out.

Even so, it doesn't seem like they're pushing it all that hard. It's really strange. I've seen one trailer once, and it was in the rear end-hours of the night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are currently more Justice League trailers than Wonder Woman ones released, so it is noticeably less promoted than usual.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I tend to not care about DC movies very much and usually don't see them until I can watch them at home, but I'm really rooting for WW to be good and do well.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

For some reason the emotional moment in Guardians 2 that got me the most was the surviving member of Yondu's crew getting all pumped about the other Ravagers showing up at the funeral.

I snickered to myself when Stallone said, "You betrayed the code." I half-expected Yondu to smile and respond, "Cooooooooode..."

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I forgot WW was coming out in a month. The marketing hasn't been great. Granted, I have strongly disliked all three of dc's recent outings, so I haven't been following it very closely.

I'd be cool for a superhero flick staring a woman to be good and make a lot of money.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I have a huge amount of hope that WW is going to be great because I hate myself and I can't get it up unless DC Comics is destroying my hopes and dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They finally seem to be ramping up the marketing for WW, but yeah until recently I thought it was coming out in July.

• Locked thread