Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

dsriggs posted:

do her supporters GENUINELY think that she's a 1st class candidate & don't just support her because vagina in the White House?

Holy poo poo, yes. They fully internalize the talking points (that you can't take seriously) about 'most qualified candidate ever' and 'sexist/racist berniebros' and '(All) Populism == Trumpism'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

its happening again

I guess this confirms CorrectTheRecord trolls are still around. Thanks for ruining everything, Hillary.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Accretionist posted:

Holy poo poo, yes. They fully internalize the talking points (that you can't take seriously) about 'most qualified candidate ever' and 'sexist/racist berniebros' and '(All) Populism == Trumpism'

It's actually kind of impressive to behold a true believer and sit in wonder of how far they can shove their head up their own rear end in a top hat.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It's actually kind of impressive to behold a true believer and sit in wonder of how far they can shove their head up their own rear end in a top hat.

Have you seen JeffersonClay's post history in D&D?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Alienwarehouse posted:

Have you seen JeffersonClay's post history in D&D?

I haven't posted in there since after the election when they were melting down and were incredibly ripe for trolling but there are a lot of those types in there.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

dont forget "Abandon stupid identity politics? WE ARE NOT THROWING BROWNS AND GAYS AND WOMEN UNDER THE BUS" :mad:

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 5, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
one of the reasons i don't support hillary running in 2020 is because trump is most likely not going to reverse everyone's opinion of himself by then. any signature legislation will most likely hurt his constituents so he's sort of stuck in a corner where he needs to do something to remain popular and relevant but all the things he wants to do suck

so hillary would most likely actually win if she ran

and the absolute last thing i want is any sort of vindication or legitimization of her and her bullshit style of politics

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

one of the reasons i don't support hillary running in 2020 is because trump is most likely not going to reverse everyone's opinion of himself by then. any signature legislation will most likely hurt his constituents so he's sort of stuck in a corner where he needs to do something to remain popular and relevant but all the things he wants to do suck

and the absolute last thing i want is any sort of vindication or legitimization of her and her bullshit style of politics

well at least in my retarded corner of the country he 100% solidified support by doing the softwood lumber import tariff

he could probably serve human infants in a banquet of blood and keep their support

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I haven't posted in there since after the election when they were melting down and were incredibly ripe for trolling but there are a lot of those types in there.

There was a small one week window where their delusions were completely shattered by Trump's win and they had to come to grips with reality.

Unfortunately most of D&D have dismissed Trump as the result of evil Russian influence.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclearmonkee posted:

well at least in my retarded corner of the country he 100% solidified support by doing the softwood lumber import tariff

he could probably serve human infants in a banquet of blood and keep their support

Trump ending TPP will almost single handedly make up for the bad things he's going to do.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

there is an incredibly high bar for screwing his constituency over more than the status quo functioning properly already was, especially in ways that can't be blamed on outside factors; if he can land one or two token gestures that mean little to nothing to their lives but are more than the neoliberals would have offered them and manages to not literally start a nuclear apocalypse he'll have their votes

Yug posted:

Trump ending TPP will almost single handedly make up for the bad things he's going to do.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 5, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The fact the tpp is dead is so good and seeing anyone who calls themselves leftist bitch and moan over its grave is amusing and telling of their traitorous nature.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

basic hitler posted:

The fact the tpp is dead is so good and seeing anyone who calls themselves leftist bitch and moan over its grave is amusing and telling of their traitorous nature.

Any one got a good link on just how/why the TPP was bad? I'm probably going to have to argue that at some point in the future.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

BexGu posted:

Any one got a good link on just how/why the TPP was bad? I'm probably going to have to argue that at some point in the future.

It made corporations have more power over federal governments within the deal. Because, you know, corporations don't have enough power over them already.

Specifically, it would've torpedoed U.S. labor rights and wages by allowing American corporations to simply move their assets to any country in the deal without penalties.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BexGu posted:

It's basically just a way for corporations to challenge laws they don't like and outsource jobs in the continued race for the bottom. If you want walls of text explaining specifics just google WHY TPP BAD and pick an article.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Alienwarehouse posted:

It made corporations have more power over federal governments within the deal. Because, you know, corporations don't have enough power over them already.

Specifically, it would've torpedoed U.S. labor rights and wages by allowing American corporations to simply move their assets to any country in the deal without penalties.

yeah, pretty much this.

google ISDS for the mechanism through which much of this is accomplished.

plus it further engrained patent and IP claims, essentially stagnating innovation and development and further legitimizing patent trolling.

it wasn't all bad, for sure. but it had plenty of things that were red flags

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can we please emulate the Roman republic and get on with the proscription lists already?

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Also, this is still proposed, and it's essentially the TPP on steroids: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_in_Services_Agreement

We only know about this thanks to Wikileaks. Now, ask yourself; why would they negotiate something like this in secret? Because it completely fucks over everyone except the ultra-wealthy

Now you know why the establishment hates Wikileaks so much.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Alienwarehouse posted:

Also, this is still proposed, and it's essentially the TPP on steroids: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_in_Services_Agreement#Controversy

We only know about this thanks to Wikileaks. Now, ask yourself; why would they negotiate something like this in secret? Because it completely fucks over everyone except the ultra-wealthy

Now you know why the establishment hates Wikileaks so much.

B-b-but the Russians hacked us and leaked it, those dastardly Russians! Please ignore that the material leaked is real and proves that we are completely irredeemable shitlords. Russians!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
It's really telling that up until last summer the actual nature of TPP was still being ironed out and whenever the public asked for details they went "we can't tell you, it's a secret!" Then they cosseted people with the promise that the full text of the agreement would be available for perusal within a couple of months, right before the agreement was to be signed.

I had a brief spat on another forum (guess which) where I was asking how on earth we were supposed to trust such an agreement that was being kept so secret, especially an agreement between twelve countries. Then I got accused of being a phony Infowars account and told to gently caress off because "this is a grownup conversation and TPP is completely good (even though I, like you, have not read the deal)".

The nail in it's coffin, I think, was that Hillary supported and then pretended she didn't.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Alienwarehouse posted:

The corporations literally wrote the TPP.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

The corporations literally wrote the TPP.

We had to pass it for Obama's Legacy.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Nuclearmonkee posted:

if she is the democratic nominee the orange man will run for re-election and win, but by a larger margin

assuming he wants to that is. trump doesn't seem to actually like being president very much

He's already filed to run in 2020

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclearmonkee posted:

B-b-but the Russians hacked us and leaked it, those dastardly Russians! Please ignore that the material leaked is real and proves that we are completely irredeemable shitlords. Russians!

Maddow: :siren: "The attack on our election" :siren:

Poz Party Pooper
Feb 16, 2014

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
Haha, jesus. You mortals are no match for the Iron Abuela.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

RaySmuckles posted:

This is my fear too

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I don't know that we'll have to wait for senators stabbing eachother. It seems possible that by 2020 politicians may actually go full crazy and start calling their detractors and opponents Nazis. That's when we'll know we're really through the looking glass.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

RaySmuckles posted:

Hillary's lust for power knows no bounds, so I wouldn't rule it out.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Alienwarehouse posted:

Hillary's lust for power knows no bounds, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Yet that husk of a body can only last so long. Unless......Hillary can find the secret to Strom Thurmond phylactery and recreate the ritual....

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

BexGu posted:

Yet that husk of a body can only last so long. Unless......Hillary can find the secret to Strom Thurmond phylactery and recreate the ritual....

Why do you think she keeps Huma around

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

skasion posted:

Why do you think she keeps Huma around

Pfffffftttt, every one know you get more power if you sacrifice you'r flesh and blood over your protegee/lover.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
If Hillary runs again the country will burn, I hope she knows it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Toadvine posted:

How is it that nobody has the necessary sway to have a private aside with Hillary and tell her she's had her chances but now it's someone else's turn.

Why do the corporate donors leading the party continue to throw good money after bad?

It's probably because everyone in the Democratic party is afraid of her. Cross her and she'll have your career ruined, or worse.

Bill tried to talk some sense into her, but there's just no use.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Clinton is a machine for damaging the party and losing presidential elections.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's probably because everyone in the Democratic party is afraid of her. Cross her and she'll have your career ruined, or worse.

Still amazed that they replaced Bill with HAL 9000.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Gammatron 64 posted:

That answers my first point but not my second. Couldn't some dollars and sense billionaire dem supporter take Hillary for a ride in the car and explain that it's simply not tenable to back her third charge at the presidency? Then they could stop for pizza to soften the blow.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Toadvine posted:

That answers my first point but not my second. Couldn't some dollars and sense billionaire dem supporter take Hillary for a ride in the car and explain that it's simply not tenable to back her third charge at the presidency? Then they could stop for pizza to soften the blow.

Tell them they've mistaken ruthlessness for competence.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the republicans just signed a bill that literally kills people to fund tax breaks for the rich but democrats still insist universal healthcare is a fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

the republicans just signed a bill that literally kills people to fund tax breaks for the rich but democrats still insist universal healthcare is a fantasy

I blame Bernie for this one. He has his sycophants focused on "muh single payer" when there are a lot better ways to get universal coverage. But now his brain dead followers won't accept anything less than a healthcare system run like the VA you can;t escape from.

• Locked thread