Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

How many of you are going to go with the gear that looks the best instead of using it for gameplay benefits?

I'm def going for aesthetics over "wackymode stats"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What are the odds today's stream give us more info about the DLC?

Also, I hope Jason gets this as part of his gear

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

How many of you are going to go with the gear that looks the best instead of using it for gameplay benefits?

Me, but mostly because ranked doesn't use gear stats/abilities and I probably won't play anything other than that and local mp after the first few days.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's not going to matter for the tryhards in any case, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a way for you to adjust the appearance of the gear to something else.

VVVVVVV:I figured.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

It's not going to matter for the tryhards in any case, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a way for you to adjust the appearance of the gear to something else.

there's a smush together thing that puts traits of one thing onto another if you like the aesthetics

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I keep looking at the silhouettes and the girl next to Raiden is totally the Enchantress look from Suicide Squad with the ragged hair, hands twitched to the side and belly dance skirt. The big shadows arms look too massive for even armor for Azrael. I mean it could be Spawn with a hood, but the gauntlets look more mechanical and with a massive dome head I almost think it could be Anti- Monitor. I'm totally lost on the two shadows with Manta. The guy is very plain but he has a utility belt. The other character has like no waist but has horns or cat ears with hair between it. I'm drawing blanks on who though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They're all Plastic Man.

Multiple versions of Plastic Man.

Injustice 2: Plastic Men Among Us

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is it okay for flying characters like Superman and Starfire to bother me? I don't like how they are always flying but hovering a foot of the ground at all times

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I don't plan on using gear matters mode very often at all so I can have my beautiful look I want in competitive modes without worrying about silly stat crap bogging me down.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

The other character has like no waist but has horns or cat ears with hair between it. I'm drawing blanks on who though.

I'm saying Batwoman now that i think about the horns/ears with long neck/shoulder length hair wrapped around her neck almost

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm imagining Teen Titans cartoon Starfire's voice coming out of that design abd lolllllll

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

They had direct to dvd Titans films now with adult starfire so they'll probably use that voice if there grabbing someone. I'm just glad Cyborg's voice actor is like the defacto Cyborg

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm saying Batwoman now that i think about the horns/ears with long neck/shoulder length hair wrapped around her neck almost

I knew it.

It's Batman

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm imagining Teen Titans cartoon Starfire's voice coming out of that design abd lolllllll

She's not nearly as bubbly in the comics. Still has some serious baggage behind her with readers however.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is it okay for flying characters like Superman and Starfire to bother me? I don't like how they are always flying but hovering a foot of the ground at all times

Nah, I think it looks pretty dumb. I honestly don't know why they do it, Shazam was grounded in IJ1 and he looked awesome.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gavok posted:

I really want Raiden's ending to be a reveal that the Injustice universe is what happened after Raiden fiddled with the DCU, much like how New 52 was blamed on Dr. Manhattan.

the DC universe is the result of Raiden abusing time travel so much that the MK universe just slowly transitioned into being DC instead

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Seriously though where's Shang Tsung?? That guy rules

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

Seriously though where's Shang Tsung?? That guy rules

I liked how a number of intro dialogues in MKX (particularly one with Johnny Cage) insinuated that mirror matches were fought against Shang Tsung.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd have preferred Matter Eater Lad to Red Hood

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd have preferred The Time Trapper

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm disappointed they went with the vacuous sexbomb New 52 design for Starfire. It's easily the worst costume she's ever had.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Wanderer posted:

I'm disappointed they went with the vacuous sexbomb New 52 design for Starfire. It's easily the worst costume she's ever had.

Whenever I think of Starfire these days, I usually am reminded of what I've always assumed was a scathing satire of her character in Garth Ennis' The Boys.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I forgot what that was. I read a lot of Boys in a short time period and that probably was funny?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

FunkMonkey posted:

I liked how a number of intro dialogues in MKX (particularly one with Johnny Cage) insinuated that mirror matches were fought against Shang Tsung.

Yeah I always thought it was a missed opportunity to have characters who die in mirror matches shift back into Shang Tsung, make it a joke that he always loses.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wanderer posted:

Just remember that this is her base look and you've got a whole gear system to put on top of it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I forgot what that was. I read a lot of Boys in a short time period and that probably was funny?

It was that point relatively midway through the series where they tried to give Starlight her "darker, sexier" reinvention. Her new outfit and hair were extremely evocative of New 52 Starfire. Like most of that series, it wasn't really funny so much as a vicious snipe against an industry trend at the time. Railing against sexuality is of course kind of a glass house issue for Ennis, but it was a good point to make.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 5, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm Watchtower stream is live, talking about the Multiverse stuff if you're into that.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Blackfire just popped up in a menu description

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What are the odds today's stream give us more info about the DLC?

Also, I hope Jason gets this as part of his gear

I hope Jason gets this as part of his gear

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I normally don't care about SP fighting game stuff, but this Multiverse stuff they're showing off looks rad. There are bosses in the Multiverse that you can equip specific gear to deal with (Kryptonite versus Kryptonians etc.), and each battle can have challenges (like "don't uppercut") that you can do to get an XP bonus.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I don't have a PS+ sub so I'm worried if I can play multiverse or not.

Also green arrow has arsenal's trucker hat as a headpiece lol

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

McSpanky posted:

I hope Jason gets this as part of his gear

I hope he gets the exact same moveset as Batgirl from Injustice 1 but with more damage. That way I can come in here and listen to everybody whining about it, more entertaining than the game will be for me.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Someone's going to be happy about that.

EDIT: lmao there's a modifier where Orange Lanterns show up randomly and make zones that give you dollarydoos if you stand in them.

OTHER EDIT: lmao there's a mode where penguin waddles around and shoots rockets at people

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 5, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Waddles J. Cobblepot CONFIRMED

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Was it stated somewhere that PS+ is a requirement? I hate that poo poo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh nice they're going to be showing off Darkseid today.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Sweet.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/860574607660781575

Raiden is gone here

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sidekicks and Character Assists!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

Oh nice they're going to be showing off Darkseid today.

Oh poo poo I'll have to watch later after work. Hope it's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
C'moooon last minute tag battle reveal

• Locked thread