Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Also, some impressions I got: At some point during the cycles, they become the redrobes, right? And that one voidfish dream/vision suggested they found the voidfish on one of their cycles - I guess the void fish are simple enough form of life to bring along? Is there much implication as to when they became liches? Also, the grand relics were them dividing up the light of creation to delay the hunger from finding it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Oxyclean posted:

Also, some impressions I got: At some point during the cycles, they become the redrobes, right? And that one voidfish dream/vision suggested they found the voidfish on one of their cycles - I guess the void fish are simple enough form of life to bring along? Is there much implication as to when they became liches? Also, the grand relics were them dividing up the light of creation to delay the hunger from finding it, right?
Yeah, the grand relics appear to have held off the hunger for much longer than the year or so they are getting in these current cycles.

This most recent ep was really fun, I enjoyed Justin's "insider" scoop on surfer lingo that may or may not be real. Also I love that Merle's mixed success on beachcrafting didn't appear to be mixed at first (since he got what he wanted) but the reactions of his recipients pretty much fit that bill after all.

Speaking of Griffin's acting, I liked his end of the dialogue where Lucretia was coming to apologize for the others' behaviour where Merle didn't know anything was amiss. Good stuff.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oxyclean posted:

Also, some impressions I got: At some point during the cycles, they become the redrobes, right?

The I.P.R.E. wear red uniforms, including robes. Unless they come up with it as a nickname for themselves somewhere down the line, "The Redrobes" as an organization almost certainly are not real. Most likely they were made up by Lucretia in an attempt to cast Barry and the I.P.R.E as untrustworthy villains, as well as an explanation for where the Relics come from.

Oxyclean posted:

And that one voidfish dream/vision suggested they found the voidfish on one of their cycles - I guess the void fish are simple enough form of life to bring along?

Seems like it. I would be very surprised if this doesn't come up in 6 days.

Oxyclean posted:

Is there much implication as to when they became liches?

No, we don't know much about that. All we know is that Barry definitely became one at some point, Lup probably is one, and Magnus is probably not one (because he (almost) got sucked into the Astral Plane.)

Oxyclean posted:

Also, the grand relics were them dividing up the light of creation to delay the hunger from finding it, right?

Almost certainly, yes. Lucretia all but said as much at the end of Reunion Tour.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

Seems like it. I would be very surprised if this doesn't come up in 6 days.

You mean 13 days. We're back to episodes being on Right Thursday again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh yeah, I forgot.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm working my way backwards through MBMBAM and just hit Slimefoot and Teen Google. Glorious

The final yahoo in Teen Google was somewhat relevant with the Fyre Festival thing: "What does Ja Rule think of all this?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Greg would hate this

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I have never watched an episode of Dharma and Greg, but my impression from the commercials I'd see while watching Simpsons or whatever as a kid was that they weren't a couple because Greg was gay? Wasn't it one of the first 'woman and sassy gay friend hang out' shows??? Am I mixing it up with something else?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bobulus posted:

I have never watched an episode of Dharma and Greg, but my impression from the commercials I'd see while watching Simpsons or whatever as a kid was that they weren't a couple because Greg was gay? Wasn't it one of the first 'woman and sassy gay friend hang out' shows??? Am I mixing it up with something else?

I think you're thinking of Will and Grace, Dharma and Greg was "hippie and uptight suit man get married".

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Bobulus posted:

You are thinking of Will and Grace. Dharma and Greg was a show about a free spirit and an uptight lawyer who got married on their first date.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Then there's Ned and Stacy, a show about two people who seem to hate each other that get married because he needs to be wed for his job and she needs somewhere to live. The show featured Thomas Haden Church and Debra Messing, and was written and produced by cocaine.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
More like shitcoms

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm dying laughing at "You loving Cask of Amontillado'd his pissbush head!"

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

DoombatINC posted:

Then there's Ned and Stacy, a show about two people who seem to hate each other that get married

This is also the plot of every married couple sitcom ever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sims 4 is loving weird

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Waffleman_ posted:

Sims 4 is loving weird

They use mods in most of the MF games now, so it's not all the base game.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Beyond the sliders mod, everything in their Sims 4 videos looks like it's just in the game. You can do that head thing with cheats.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That was the best Monster House. I love the Spitting Image Crane Family and can't wait for them to turn up again.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Hahaha, I've been going back through a bunch of donor episodes from Maximum Fun podcasts because I donated this year, and the 2014 MBMBaM donor episode's final Yahoo was "What can I do to raise spider awareness?"

I suggest a rebranding and a parade.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4rwlvMEoj0

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

I don't know why I like these animated word things so much but I really really do. They have a name, what are they called again?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kinetic Typography I think.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Colonel Whitey posted:

I don't know why I like these animated word things so much but I really really do. They have a name, what are they called again?

Wordy dirds

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The new CGI is great and the grandson fighting game better be the animated short mashed up with Rick & Morty.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Inzombiac posted:

The new CGI is great and the grandson fighting game better be the animated short mashed up with Rick & Morty.

Oh poo poo, that game basically WAS Pocket Mortys, wasn't it?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This youtube channel that's always uploading good MBMBaM clips just released a supercut of every Extreme Restraints ad. If you think that's great news, wait until you see the run time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ariong posted:

This youtube channel that's always uploading good MBMBaM clips just released a supercut of every Extreme Restraints ad. If you think that's great news, wait until you see the run time.

:stare: i'm listening to the show backward and i've only gotten, like, three or four so far. The boys really relied on Extreme Restraints early on, huh?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Ariong posted:

I have wished for this

edit: the MBMBAM wiki has some interesting numbers!
"Extreme Restraints (extremerestraints.com) was a frequent sponsor of the podcast, with well over 50 sponsored episodes (over ten thousand dollars of investment) including during several Candlenights episodes, and at one point representing 36% of all total sponsors of the show."

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ariong posted:

Buckle up and fuckle up!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ariong posted:

"Heh, I bet it's going to be 69 minutes lon:stare:"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Roach Warehouse posted:

Buckle up and fuckle up!

Noodle up, you unfunny fucks.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The Candlenights Extreme Restraints ad is very good.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SpacePig posted:

Chuckle up!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Ariong posted:

I can't believe I've listened to two hours of BDSM advertisements.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I want a super cut of every time they talk about weed

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

purple death ray posted:

I want a super cut of every time they talk about weed

i went to link to https://www.teengoogle.com as a goof but it redirects to Still Buffering now and that's actually super perfect

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

my friends and I tell each other this constantly and it's just such a great phrase to say

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
In a shocking update to Please Retweet, Nintendo of America has retweeted Polygon!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/861701259979440128
... oh

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Moatman posted:

In a shocking update to Please Retweet, Nintendo of America has retweeted Polygon!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/861701259979440128
... oh

They RT'd a different senior editor at Polygon on the 2nd, too. Whoever's running Nintendo's account has put the retweet saga on such a good trajectory now, it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nintendo's social media folks may be on a bad-memes kick right now, but they've had their brilliant strokes too.