Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Escha and Logy became popular enough to become recurring characters like Pamela

Speaking of which, $16 is the lowest an Atelier game is going to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NateHawke/status/860137757368352768

I'm not sure what game is but I bet is for the Vita.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/NateHawke/status/860137757368352768

I'm not sure what game is but I bet is for the Vita.

That Bullet Girls game has clothing damage.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Huh, I didn't know this, but the LEGO Movie Game on VIta is very different than its console counterparts. I mean, same concept - break poo poo and collect thingies - but the camera is locked at an isometric angle, and there's no platforming, and the levels are really short.

It's nice. I guess. Neat little surprise for me, considering how much of the LEGO games I've played.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Huh, I didn't know this, but the LEGO Movie Game on VIta is very different than its console counterparts. I mean, same concept - break poo poo and collect thingies - but the camera is locked at an isometric angle, and there's no platforming, and the levels are really short.

It's nice. I guess. Neat little surprise for me, considering how much of the LEGO games I've played.

My only complaint about the game was how often it would crash. Other than that I enjoyed it. Anyone play Lego Force Awakens on the Vita?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Unless PQube localizes it and sells well first, you guys can't forget about Marvelous localizing or porting Uppers

quote:

“When speaking about remasters to Japan we did speak about Uppers. We were informed that the game was developed differently to VALKYRIE DRIVE and as such there would be a much larger cost and time investment involved in remastering the experience for PC, and that isn’t even accounting for the cost of localisation. Obviously with a much higher cost it comes with much more risk. Perhaps this is a discussion we can bring up again in the future pending the results of VALKYRIE DRIVE on Steam.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/uppers-western-pc-port/

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
in other words "not ENOUGH anime titty for the market"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Alder posted:

D:CS is a good game and originally made for the vita. It reminded me of my childhood before I got jaded by anime.

I just found out that the Vita version isn't on sale for Golden Week :( I have too many PS4 games and can't justify picking up another one that I won't get to for some time - hopefully sometime in the future it'll be cheaper on the handheld.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doesn't the sequel come with cyber sleuth anyway? you could just wait for that and play double the digimon

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Manatee Cannon posted:

doesn't the sequel come with cyber sleuth anyway? you could just wait for that and play double the digimon

I believe this is only for the Japanese PS4 market.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I had to rebuild my Vita's database and now all of my pictures and screencaps are gone. Is that normal?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's your Vita telling you it just wants to stay friends.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i had to do that at some point and still have my pictures from beforehand, so i suppose not.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Well, there goes all the evidence.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Huh, never would have thought the Vita could cure VD

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, after rebuilding the database three times, I found my screencaps again.

Although for some reason the system dropped a bunch of them on the "others" folders, removing their games' folders entirely.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, after rebuilding the database three times, I found my screencaps again.

Although for some reason the system dropped a bunch of them on the "others" folders, removing their games' folders entirely.

the vd is spreading

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Valkyrie Drive was one of the games that escaped unscathed. The ones that didn't were those I haven't played in a looong time like the Senran Kaguras.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Is the Nonary Games worth buying for someone who owns a copy of 999 and VLR?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not unless you want voice acting and higher res art for 999. Or trophies. Or to have all the games on the same system I guess.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
play 999 on the ds if you already have that hanging around because the original does some cool narrative tricks using the hardware that can't really be done in any of the other releases. nothing crucial to the story, but pretty neat

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I think that might have been said before but how is DT2 compared to DG? Might be time to get an atelier game on vita too after all this time.

I don't think this got answered all the way but my quick take is that DG is way better than DT2. The main reason is that DG is way faster than DT2. It has a lot more of the modern conviences you expect in a dungeon crawler. With the option to hold a button for "fast battle", DT2 just seems so slow.

Both sets of art are really good, but Demon Gaze has waaaaay better monster art where as DT focuses more on the girls. Honestly, the monster art on Demon Gaze is just :swoon:.

Both have... questionable moments but DT2 is more pervasive. With Demon Gaze the cutscenes at the inn are where you are going to be like uhhhh wat?

Of course in both this thread and especially the old thread I stump for Demon Gaze and it's provably one of my top 3 vita games so take my obvious bias into account.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Personally, I'd go the other way. DT2 has some tempo issues (only partly fixed in the sequel - though they at least give you a battle log so you can see what just happened) but I like the dungeon design, the skill synergy, character development/classes, difficulty curve and most of all the soundtrack way more than Demon Gaze.

I do like Experience's little quality of life features, though - autopilot is something which every game like it should have (though the way it ignores spinners in Demon Gaze 2 is perhaps too far) and the note system produced more laughs than the game's writing did. I'd say my favourite of theirs on Vita would probably be the Operation series once I got used to the equipment system. Stranger of Sword City is nearly my favourite on the Vita because the character levelling and multiclassing is so fun to break, but the life point system made for a bit too much random bullshit resulting in resets and I'm still a random drop away from platinum. I was disappointed in Ray Gigant (incredibly easy, unsatisfying levelling/equipment system, didn't like any of the characters) and Demon Gaze 2 (didn't like the characters or plot, the music seems to be getting even worse, difficulty setting nearly as spiky as DG1) but I'm still looking forward to what they come out with next as more than anyone they seem to want to push things forward in the genre, even if it doesn't always work.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

The Colonel posted:

play 999 on the ds if you already have that hanging around because the original does some cool narrative tricks using the hardware that can't really be done in any of the other releases. nothing crucial to the story, but pretty neat

I have it and have beaten it. Are you referring to {The part at the end with the Sudoku}?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Beelerzebub posted:

I have it and have beaten it. Are you referring to {The part at the end with the Sudoku}?

That's one, but I think another is which screen the narration is on shows who's talking

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

uiruki posted:

Stranger of Sword City is nearly my favourite on the Vita because the character levelling and multiclassing is so fun to break, but the life point system made for a bit too much random bullshit resulting in resets and I'm still a random drop away from platinum.

In fairness, having a couple of trophies dependent on rare random drops is an issue with every single Experience dungeon crawler, not just SoSC specifically.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the DG vs DT2 comments. DG is one of my favourite games on the Vita so I'll likely grab DT2 or SOSC.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Thanks for the DG vs DT2 comments. DG is one of my favourite games on the Vita so I'll likely grab DT2 or SOSC.

There are two versions of SOSC. According to the others in this thread you want to get the updated version though I can't speak much about the differences between the two, but apparently there were enough quality of life improvements to make the game experience much better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish they'd release the updated one in the EU..

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I don't know why you'd play that when you could be playing Trails in the Sky FC and SC and Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, though. I jest, but seriously. These games kick rear end.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I'm actually playing through FC Evo right now. Olivier's Japanese voice actor is the best, and further proof that they should make the whole game about him.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'm sure someone may have asked this already, but of the Atelier games on sale which one should I start with.

My friend suggested Sophie.

Also, (a bit unrelated) I'm really enjoying Code:Realize and I'm glad I got it on sale.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

SylvainMustach posted:

I'm sure someone may have asked this already, but of the Atelier games on sale which one should I start with.

My friend suggested Sophie.

Also, (a bit unrelated) I'm really enjoying Code:Realize and I'm glad I got it on sale.

Ayesha if you want the time limit to matter, the overworld being an actual overworld, and the best music in the series. Escha & Logy has better crafting but worse everything else IMHO, but it's still second best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ayesha or escha and logy. sophie is kind of bland.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Do they all have time limits? I'm not a massive fan of that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ayesha has a time limit for about half or 2/3rds of the game. Escha and Logy basically doesn't, you have a task each month that you can do in like two days and the rest of the month is just for sidequests, it's more a system for giving you new sidequests and cutting off old ones than hurrying you along the 'plot.' Sophie and Shallie don't have them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Caligula Effect went up on Europe PSN anyways.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-caligula-effect-deluxe-digital-bundle/cid=EP2475-PCSB01103_00-CALIGULABUNDLE00

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's an 'on sale, if at all' game if I ever saw one. 

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

🤔