Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

IDK this looks fine to me? Like it's obviously a specific taste, and I can see why people wouldn't like it. But there doesn't seem to be anything objectively wrong with it.

If these are the bed rooms that we now mock on SA we really have all got middle aged haven't we.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Jippa posted:

If these are the bed rooms that we now mock on SA we really have all got middle aged haven't we.

Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly clean, much better than my own but it looks... It looks like a piece of concept art; it doesn't look real.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Jippa posted:

It's soulless trash that makes it look like, as everyone else said, an overly designed hotel. Which it is because he's not even designing for himself but what he thinks for resale and pussy. It's like the uncanny valley of bedrooms. You can google "pintrest bedroom" or "apartment therapy bedroom" to see extremely hip and trendy rooms that people actually want to live in.

Unless I have read this wrong and you mean because it's the anime basement cave equivalent of being old enough and having money and your own house to ruin, if so please ignore me and good day.

The bedroom makes me angry.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yeah and nothing goes with anything else. Not in a matchy-matchy color sense, although the color scheme is horrendous, but why would that fan and that bedframe be in the same room? Why would that fan be in a bedroom at all? Why would that bed be with those cabinets, or those cabinets be with that wrapping paper wall? It's just a random collection of objects advertised on HGTV.

The fan is for evaporating fucksweat duh

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Elsa posted:

The fan is for evaporating fucksweat duh

i think tb meant that particular fan, not ceiling fans at large

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

are you beatmstrj's alt or something

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bradzilla posted:

are you beatmstrj's alt or something

I was thinking PCOS Bill :shrug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That IKEA furniture / bedroom set will fall to pieces in a year.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my bedroom is just a concrete expanse with a circular hole in the middle filled with goat's milk and the petals of the blush rose, in which i sleep except when roused by the rumbling of a post in my bowels

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Avshalom posted:

my bedroom is just a concrete expanse with a circular hole in the middle filled with goat's milk and the petals of the blush rose, in which i sleep except when roused by the rumbling of a post in my bowels

see thats some good avant-garde poo poo right there

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
my aethestic is "bean bag chique"

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Improbable Lobster posted:

A moron hosed up his house by cutting through some important joists for some reason. He proceeded to ignore people telling him how badly he hosed up. More recently he posted some nonsense about how his bathroom redesign would appeal to :females:

So groverhaus?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Smash it Smash hit posted:

my aethestic is "bean bag chique"

Fashion thread's thataway heyoooo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Literally yes :grovertoot:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He is risen *bathtub falls through second story floor*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

With the rule they must post their own, I agree. Link me when you set it up fam.

Why? You don't need a good bedroom to know what a poo poo one looks like.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My bedroom and bathroom's only redeeming qualities are that they are safe, functional, and clean. But then I've spent maybe £200 on my poo poo furniture and 80l storage box which acts like a side table when I'm in the bath, and not dropped at least £40k to remodel myself a pair of fire hazards so I win.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
wrong thread

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 21:11 on May 4, 2017

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is there a specific term for that bedroom's design aesthetic? I've been calling it "modern" for years, but I don't know if that's what it's actually called. All I do know is that it's gently caress-ugly and I hate it and everyone who likes it should be sent to concentration camps.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is there a specific term for that bedroom's design aesthetic? I've been calling it "modern" for years, but I don't know if that's what it's actually called. All I do know is that it's gently caress-ugly and I hate it and everyone who likes it should be sent to concentration camps.

"Contemporary" is probably a better term since "modern" is a specific 20th century art term that produced some perfectly lovely bedrooms.

You'll also see cheap furniture stores/lovely design shows throwing around the word "Euro" to describe that aesthetic.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

poo poo Deco

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

There you go.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"Contemporary" is probably a better term since "modern" is a specific 20th century art term that produced some perfectly lovely bedrooms.

Minus the big window (and the shag was orange), that looks almost exactly like Don Draper's apartment bedroom.

Scudworth posted:

It's soulless trash that makes it look like, as everyone else said, an overly designed hotel. Which it is because he's not even designing for himself but what he thinks for resale and pussy.

That's exactly it. It gives me that type of sterile feeling that you get when you see "bachelor pads" from ladies' men on TV. They're not meant to be warm, cozy, and inviting. They're designed with absolutely no imagination because they're meant to be a place to gently caress and that's it.

Edit:

oldpainless posted:

It's like Patrick batemans apartment

That, too. It's soulless.

mojo1701a has a new favorite as of 20:24 on May 5, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's like Patrick batemans apartment

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Not just soulless, but the perfect balance of soulless and conspicuously expensive, that tells you immediately when a person has more money and time than they do sense.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

poo poo Deco

Ikea gucci chic

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
All rooms look soulless when they've been refurnished and redecorated from scratch. I had that with this house because we redecorated and got the flooring down before the move, and then things started being moved to places or being left out on the sides because it was practical for day to day life rather than needing to keep it looking like a show room. TV remote for example.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I believe the term would be "80s autist."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

learnincurve posted:

All rooms look soulless when they've been refurnished and redecorated from scratch. I had that with this house because we redecorated and got the flooring down before the move, and then things started being moved to places or being left out on the sides because it was practical for day to day life rather than needing to keep it looking like a show room. TV remote for example.

Most rooms aren't accompanied by a rant about :females: and how they love moldy pebbles surround their tubs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh yeh that guy had definitely only read about women in books and that one time he accidentally read his sister's copy of cosmopolitan. "Ladies like to be stimulated by shower heads you say? I will have four shower heads! that will be sure to impress any lady I might have back to my lurve nest!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Scudworth posted:

It's soulless trash that makes it look like, as everyone else said, an overly designed hotel. Which it is because he's not even designing for himself but what he thinks for resale and pussy. It's like the uncanny valley of bedrooms. You can google "pintrest bedroom" or "apartment therapy bedroom" to see extremely hip and trendy rooms that people actually want to live in.

Unless I have read this wrong and you mean because it's the anime basement cave equivalent of being old enough and having money and your own house to ruin, if so please ignore me and good day.

The bedroom makes me angry.

I get the hotel vibe from it as well. Like a Motel 6 kind of vibe where everything is cheap, replaceable, and attached so you can clean it out quick and easy whether for quick turnaround or because it has a pretty good chance for being used as a crime scene. It's not a home, it's an investment, and it shows.

Glenn Quebec posted:

That IKEA furniture / bedroom set will fall to pieces in a year.

I imagine the shelving attached to the wall is probably not attached to studs and will fall over in a month or so, taking the drywall with it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
He would've been better off unironically following in Tom Haverford's footsteps of home designing for women.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Load bearing dry wall

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Anne Whateley posted:

He would've been better off unironically following in Tom Haverford's footsteps of home designing for women.

Tommy H. understands quality and his home was styled with a point of view. Also his house has a robot DJ butler instead of a chinstrappy human one.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I believe the term would be "80s autist."

aut deco

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rename DIY to this

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Rename DIY to this

with respect

no.

normally this sub is actually genuinely helpful good and cool.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember when they changed the forum tag thingy from the broken screw to the grover house siding and insulated stairs and everyone complained?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

sneakyfrog posted:

with respect

no.

normally this sub is actually genuinely helpful good and cool.

You're right, that was unfair. Can we just namechange OP to that then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl