Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Injustice has assists, new marvel doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Evil Canadian posted:

Injustice has assists, new marvel doesn't.

The war for comic company supremacy rages on.

Giddy at the thought of being able to throw Desaad at people like that old lady in MKX.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao there's an AI Battle Sim where you make geared ghosts and they fight other people for loot.

It's amazing how much SP/casual content is in this game, but the rest of the competitive stuff didn't seem to suffer for it. Capcom needs to take notes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what did I miss from the stream?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just a bunch of multiverse stuff and this AI Battle Sim (you gear up ghosts and have them fight other people's teams for gear and cash). No character walkthroughs, but they did mention specifically that they're going to do Darkseid later.

EDIT: This tournament mode sounds really smart.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 5, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

OOO Tournament mode specifically set up for TO's is loving rad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao just looking at his specials Darkseid seems really, really good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You should be able to grab a Parademon to use as a meatshield against an Omega Beam like Batman did.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Does DS seem reasonably on the level, or is he preorder character broken and I'll get sneered out of the room for using him. I ask for the sake of my sensitive babyman feelings.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They said they balanced him to the rest of the cast. He seems fairly slow and they mentioned he doesn't have a great high low game, so we'll see I guess.

EDIT: His fireball hits high which is pretty lame :( I hate in NRS games how like 90% of the fireballs are duckable.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 5, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

They said they balanced him to the rest of the cast. He seems fairly slow and they mentioned he doesn't have a great high low game, so we'll see I guess.

EDIT: His fireball hits high which is pretty lame :( I hate in NRS games how like 90% of the fireballs are duckable.

Thanks, that's interesting. He definitely seems slow in the footage I've seen. I really look forward to getting my hands on him and practicing.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

FunkMonkey posted:

Does DS seem reasonably on the level, or is he preorder character broken and I'll get sneered out of the room for using him. I ask for the sake of my sensitive babyman feelings.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, he seems fine. So far only Supergirl is really tripping on the top tier radar to me out of everyone. Until the game is actually out though I suppose speculation is mostly useless.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fadam posted:

Fireballs being duckable are actually really good. If you want a shooter pretending to be a fighting game just play ARMS when it comes out.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Fireballs being duckable are actually really good. If you want a shooter pretending to be a fighting game just play ARMS when it comes out.

the only time a character should have a high fireball is if they also have a low fireball and the rest of Sagat's moves too

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

fadam posted:

the only time a character should have a high fireball is if they also have a low fireball and the rest of Liu Kang's moves too

FTFY

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Shortly after 00:56:00 of the stream it shows Darkseid doing a couple low beams too

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140356723

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

You can also control the beams when you meter burn them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
god Multiverse sounds fun. Say what you will about some design choices, these MK nerds do wanna have fun at least, and in a field where so many of the games take themselves maybe too seriously that's just welcome.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

god Multiverse sounds fun. Say what you will about some design choices, these MK nerds do wanna have fun at least, and in a field where so many of the games take themselves maybe too seriously that's just welcome.

It's not like they sacrificed anything for it either. There's a very robust, competitive game in the middle of everything, and their netcode is fantastic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fadam posted:

It's not like they sacrificed anything for it either. There's a very robust, competitive game in the middle of everything, and their netcode is fantastic.

yea that's the best part for me, I can do my stupid penguin rocket modifier bullshit AND hop online and play solid matches. NS really seems to be nailing having their cake and eating it too in balancing 'serious' gameplay and 'it's 1 am and I'm drunk let's make Superman throw Batman through the earth' bullshit. It's not really a huge shock considering how MKX went but I'm just glad they're sticking with what works and using that formula for Injustice.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
My beef with MK9, Injustice, and MKX (initial launch) was the less than ideal netcode, then after the great netcode patch in MKX things have been 99% buttery smooth and I didn't have to enter my button commands a full second ahead of time online anymore

KOMI fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 5, 2017

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

sexpig by night posted:

For lack of a better term NRS seems to put a lot of care into their games, like as far back as MK9 and the first Injustice I've felt like they really pay attention to little details and having lots of options.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is the stream recording up yet? nevermind, found it

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 6, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm posting from mobile so I can't do a pic but I realized who the big collar shadow is, with the head bumps. Dark Knight rises bane. Total fake out shadow, probably a costume dlc

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm posting from mobile so I can't do a pic but I realized who the big collar shadow is, with the head bumps. Dark Knight rises bane. Total fake out shadow, probably a costume dlc

if most of those shadows are fakeouts then I'll be extremely happy.

I love everything about metaverse. I ordered the Big Boy edition at the store today while picking up Prey.

Jimmy Hats posted:

anything, especially the new rolling evade, that dodges projectile spam is cool and good. I always liked King of Fighters for that reason so while you could control space with people like King or Ryo, you could sometimes hit the dodge button to help close the gap. Getting shut out due to people like Deathstroke is no fun so I'm pretty glad there are more anti-zoner options. One of the reasons I hated SF4, especially watching tourney matches, was the gluttony of fireball wars. It drove me nuts that games like Guilty Gear, Tekken, and KOF had way better options to answer those things. I don't want to erase all projectile-heavy guys from the game but it's good to have more ways to punish that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, for sure. I like how they handle their zoners by basically saying "you have 6 different shooting attacks but they all have a narrow focus" like they did with deadshot. He's got fast high shots, he's got slower low shots, he's got air shots, he's got angled shots of all kinds, but every one of them is telegraphed in some way and is dodgable in a way that you can move in on him, or get a shot of your own off.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah, for sure. I like how they handle their zoners by basically saying "you have 6 different shooting attacks but they all have a narrow focus" like they did with deadshot. He's got fast high shots, he's got slower low shots, he's got air shots, he's got angled shots of all kinds, but every one of them is telegraphed in some way and is dodgable in a way that you can move in on him, or get a shot of your own off.

it also works out well for him to have options so you can do sick tricks and have an answer to jump-ins at their start. that being said I hope the damage isn't too large for those shots considering how variable and far-reaching, and function mainly to disrupt poo poo.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
dat Scarecrow gear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76AtA-qqc8&t=149s

So when exactly does the sidekick system come into play? I get how you use it and stuff but is it something that is available during all matches? Or is it part of a game mode, or do you only get to utilize it when you have certain gear?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's just a multiverse thing for some challenges.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

KOMI posted:

dat Scarecrow gear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76AtA-qqc8&t=149s

So when exactly does the sidekick system come into play? I get how you use it and stuff but is it something that is available during all matches? Or is it part of a game mode, or do you only get to utilize it when you have certain gear?

They're random enhancements you get in this game's version of Test Your Luck

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

That Scarecrow outfit makes me hopeful for some truly outrageous designs for each character at the higher levels. I wonder how many variants are ultimately going to be available for each of them.

Edit: I didn't notice the tie on his neck until a second watch, that's a nice touch.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 6, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I feel like we've seen them all, if any of the higher levels will look differant they'll probably be glowing with a cheap astral aura.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

People loves Jason :v:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Red Hood sucks meme is an SA exclusive.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just want to be on record saying Red Hood sucks terribly

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Red Hood does indeed suck

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Just da suckiest.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The new Red Hood book where he pals around with Bizarro and Artemis is choice

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Red Hood has had fantastic stories that have made him a beloved character and I respect that but I do not care for him at all and am much more hype for Starfire and Sub-Zero in that pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i just hope he has a bowl helmet

• Locked thread