Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
pls save the french people from courbé macron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Baloogan posted:

its amusing 4chan has this sort of power
is it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at the frog thing

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

It's quite sad because it seems to be more rumormongering than anything that keeps destroying faith in the idea of giving factual and unbiased news and how weak our news organizations are to not spreading it. I don't see it as a power of 4Chan as much as a flaw in our media organizations that has been festering for quite a few decades.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

on the other hand...

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/860577544898322434

my fave part is the pepe memes backfiring because it turns out most french people are annoyed by comparisons to frogs

"But the American tactics have not translated overseas."

the underlying assumption, i guess, is that alt-right memes have ever mattered at all beyond a tiny community of insane, inneffectual recluses

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 22:07 on May 5, 2017

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
le comet ping-pong

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Are the leaks even legit?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

mackron still gonna win but its amusing 4chan has this sort of power

how does this shock anyone in the trump timeline?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's quite sad because it seems to be more rumormongering than anything that keeps destroying faith in the idea of giving factual and unbiased news and how weak our news organizations are to not spreading it. I don't see it as a power of 4Chan as much as a flaw in our media organizations that has been festering for quite a few decades.

true, journalism has been in decline since the 80's

around the time reagan, and cnn, came into the world

e: fox news was hatched as a partisan plan by ailes in 1970 with other nixon aides

the death of objective media isn't a glitch

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 23:18 on May 5, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

whomupclicklike posted:

the election is two days and campaign rules stipulate than news can't talk about politics so it's a bit too late me thinks

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

"But the American tactics have not translated overseas."

the underlying assumption, i guess, is that alt-right memes have ever mattered at all beyond a tiny community of insane, inneffectual recluses

it takes a lot more than frog memes to close a 30% polling gap

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

whomupclicklike posted:

does it matter?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Mais ses courriels!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

whomupclicklike posted:

his campaign confirmed that it was hacked

doesnt mean everything you might come across online is actually legit, mind you. there are a bunch of trumplings trying to stir up poo poo on top of this

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
high ranking FN politicians are posting fake texts attributed to Macron supporters

http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs...66_4355770.html

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what's the leaks got to say about secret bank accounts???

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
la hottest take

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kurtofan posted:

la hottest take

gently caress off wikileaks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

la hottest take

lmfao

macron hacked himself to totally pwn russia and shore up the FRENCH DEEP STATE, you heard it here first

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kurtofan posted:

la hottest take

wikileaks is literally russian propaganda now (or maybe it always was)

i'm actually more convinced the entire point was to start off with a couple legitimate infodumps so they could actually pull this poo poo now.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it takes a lot more than frog memes to close a 30% polling gap

"hillary is definitely going to win"

us pres on inauguration day:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

anime was right posted:

wikileaks is literally russian propaganda now (or maybe it always was)

i'm actually more convinced the entire point was to start off with a couple legitimate infodumps so they could actually pull this poo poo now.

astute observation

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

astute observation

catty and rude

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Condiv posted:

catty and rude

im catty

obv its propaganda and been propaganda for like a couple of years but idk i thought it was legitimate at the start and took over now im not even sure about that part

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

my favorite wikileaks moment was when they just straight up started linking to /r/the_donald conspiracy bullshit on twitter w/ "this raises some serious questions" sort of halfway endorsements

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
when do we get the results of the election?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

TRUMP

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Vox Nihili posted:

my favorite wikileaks moment was when they just straight up started linking to /r/the_donald conspiracy bullshit on twitter w/ "this raises some serious questions" sort of halfway endorsements

iirc there was a canary that assange set up to tell if it's been compromised and it was compromised according to that soooo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Le Pen hex works its magic. Thank you Russia.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

we're offering $10k for info on who killed seth rich. could be anyone. maybe hillary, maybe not. let's solve this. expecially if hillary did it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

iirc there was a canary that assange set up to tell if it's been compromised and it was compromised according to that soooo

assange himself has been pretty personally suspect for years given that he was on the RT payroll for awhile

i think he genuinely wants to ~undermine the evil dominant world order and uncover the deep state secrets~ but he basically partnered with lucifer to undermine satan, or something, i dunno if that makes sense i dont read the drat bible

but yeah, in short, there have been a ton of red flags

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

we're offering $10k for info on who killed seth rich. could be anyone. maybe hillary, maybe not. let's solve this. expecially if hillary did it.

are you implying hillary... didn't kill someone?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Condiv posted:

that conspiracy theory would be too far fetched even for me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

I personally watched her murder someone and the murdered person looked at me

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Condiv posted:

catty and rude

i was unironic in that post

anime was right posted:

im catty

obv its propaganda and been propaganda for like a couple of years but idk i thought it was legitimate at the start and took over now im not even sure about that part

no worries, it was an unironic post

i only vaguely keep up with the tech stuff in these my winter years, so i don't intend irony when i remark on an observation i deem true

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Baloogan posted:

It's a secret.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Baloogan posted:

the vote counters are actually on monthlong holiday so idk

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

the vote counters are actually on monthlong holiday so idk
Wow russian secret service is a sweet gig with benefits like that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

leaked pics will actually be pics of Marcon doing anal with all his various mistresses which will cause him to win a landslide victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Is there a Macron :toxx: thread?

• Locked thread