Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is it even possible to have a better battery in the Switch? Battery technology isn't exactly progressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The switch is like 70% battery inside

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
the answer is yes sure for more money and heat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey the last few pages have been pretty poo poo, can we not be poo poo for a bit?

Thank you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is the climbing set bonus actually worth getting?the swimming one was a bit poo poo

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've been spending every single lunchtime this week playing MK8D with my colleagues, some people from another department also came down with their switches and we used wireless to play with 3 of them together at once. I've gone from just taking out the Switch out of the house every now and again to bringing it out pretty much every day. I'm also more popular and I finally have friends. That's my switch story of the day.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

is the climbing set bonus actually worth getting?the swimming one was a bit poo poo

its fine, but it doesn't help in rain when it really should

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tekopo posted:

I've been spending every single lunchtime this week playing MK8D with my colleagues, some people from another department also came down with their switches and we used wireless to play with 3 of them together at once. I've gone from just taking out the Switch out of the house every now and again to bringing it out pretty much every day. I'm also more popular and I finally have friends. That's my switch story of the day.

:yeah:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Is it even possible to have a better battery in the Switch? Battery technology isn't exactly progressing.

Does the fan spin while undocked? If so, just wait til lower power socs that don't need a fan come out or nintendo releases the New Switch

Setset fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 6, 2017

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I can also confirm that digital loads faster than physical -- in the three way Mario Kart bonanza, the guy with the system-memory copy always loaded the race a few seconds before the two of us with physical copies did.

Though it was bizarrely satisfying to hear two consoles load the race at the exact same instant. HD Stereo?

Real hurthling! posted:

Whats this reeeee thing? Gonna guess its probably really meanspirited

I've always took it to be the noise presumed to be made by the hyper-sensitive. The banshee's keen of the professional victim?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Utnayan posted:

Re: Switch Battery vs Steak Done Time
And... True.
Hey dogg if the Switch's battery lasts less time then it takes you to make a steak you've either got really bad taste in steak or you're using an easybake oven.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying it lasts 1.5 hours... you're eating charcoal?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I've been playing Maio Kart in the mornings. I tried out the new dungeons in Wonderboy as well but they aren't so hot and rely a lot on accurate jumping in a game with kind of loose physics.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

I come in here talking about "so cool" and "the culmination of everything Nintendo's done" and "so close to perfection" and I immediately get interrogated for hinting that it might even have a flaw, but sure, I'm the autist.

Anyway, hardware flaws that aren't just manufacturing defects:
- Placement of the charging port on the bottom of the unit necessitating goofy workarounds or not charging it while you're playing with the stand.
- Speaking of which, incredibly flimsy, poorly angled stand
- Penny-pinching 2005-level 32GB internal memory at a time when flash memory costs pennies
- Insufficient cooling while docked that necessitates underclocking the CPU even when docked
- lovely strap attachments for the Joycons
- Joycons too small for some adults (Switch XL?)
- Dock can scratch the screen
- As opposed to almost all phones and tablets in the year 2017, the screen is plastic and can and has warped under heat

And that's not even mentioning the software flaws that are byproducts of it obviously being rushed out 6+ months early, but can be fixed with patches:
- No online services
- No Netflix/Youtube/etc
- No Virtual Console
- Requires a smartphone to perform functions that have been standard in other consoles for 10 years?

It's all a bunch of poo poo this thread's been over a thousand times, which is why I didn't feel the need to spell it out in my first post.

So gently caress, I love the Switch. I think it's brilliant. I just think Rev. 2.0 will be better. gently caress me, right?

Imagined fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 6, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I agree that guilty gear xrd rev2 is better than switch

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Jose posted:

Having a high default speed is good and the bonus on that one cuts your stam use when you jump up walls. It is good and yes you should go find it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Imagined posted:

I come in here talking about "so cool" and "the culmination of everything Nintendo's done" and "so close to perfection" and I immediately get interrogated for hinting that it might even have a flaw, but sure, I'm the autist.

- Placement of the charging port on the bottom of the unit necessitating goofy workarounds or not charging it while you're playing with the stand.
- Penny-pinching 2005-level 32GB internal memory at a time when flash memory costs pennies
- Insufficient cooling while docked that necessitates underclocking the CPU even when docked
- As opposed to almost all phones and tablets in the year 2017, the screen is plastic and can and has warped under heat

And that's not even mentioning the software flaws that are byproducts of it obviously being rushed out 6+ months early, but can be fixed with patches:
- No online services
- No Netflix/Youtube/etc
- No Virtual Console
- Requires a smartphone to perform functions that have been standard in other consoles for 10 years?

It's all a bunch of poo poo this thread's been over a thousand times, which is why I didn't feel the need to spell it out in my first post.

So gently caress, I love the Switch. I think it's brilliant. I just think Rev. 2.0 will be better. gently caress me, right?

I love you and want to have your man babies.

Also, very true. Version 2.0 will hopefully fix alll the broken design choices from hardware to online services.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Disgusting filthy trolls at every turn.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
and you're one of em pal!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

General Morden posted:

and you're one of em pal!

I'm no troll, I love the Switch :boehner:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

- No online services
- No Netflix/Youtube/etc
- No Virtual Console

i saw you change the poster name to autisticscreeching so I just quoted your post without reading it to tell you how bad i assume your post is

then i saw that was his actual name

namaste

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

i've been told the switch not only has the right RAM, but its RAM is truly excellent

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

yes, nintendo has made mistakes, but we can forgive them as they aced the most important component (the type of RAM)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Disgusting filthy trolls at every turn.

Actually, a troll would be talking about how great the system is while blindly ignoring the faults. And there are a lot of them. What you see here are two genuine posters who probably own every Nintendo system out there. (I do. Save the switch) and are waiting a year for either a revision or value adds patched in that make sense. Nothing wrong with loving what you have. I had a Wii U to play BOTW and Mario Kart. I have my 3DS XL to play all the indie games today coming out for the switch tomorrow, at half the price when they do some out for the switch if I want portable. What I was really happy about was I finally had a reason to use my Wii U pro controller and actually turn the console on in over a year.

If Nintendo had done things differently this would have been a no brainer for me to buy. Not everybody had a Wii U though. So I can see their point too. But I'm glad you like it!

Now if they put rocket league on it? Weren't charging double the cost for indie games I can get on any other portable platform for half? And had a virtual console that tracked my previous purchases so I could just download them and play? (Christ, even Microsoft does this) and that was live? Id already have one.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 6, 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jose posted:

In my experience, extremely yes. That and the stealth set is what I'm usually running around in most of the time

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I am a nintendo switch owner and there are many tiny flaws that are bad enough that it warrants me to needlessly argue and complain in a thread where people are enjoying their nintendo switch, the accessories, and even the games.

THE loving AUDACITY OF THEM!!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dizz posted:

I am a nintendo switch owner and there are many tiny flaws that are bad enough that it warrants me to needlessly argue and complain in a thread where people are enjoying their nintendo switch, the accessories, and even the games.

THE loving AUDACITY OF THEM!!!

Some people are just miserable and feel the need to inflict that on others.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Utnayan posted:

Actually, a troll would be talking about how great the system is while blindly ignoring the faults. And there are a lot of them. What you see here are two genuine posters who probably own every Nintendo system out there. (I do. Save the switch) and are waiting a year for either a revision or value adds patched in that make sense. Nothing wrong with loving what you have. I had a Wii U to play BOTW and Mario Kart. I have my 3DS XL to play all the indie games today coming out for the switch tomorrow, at half the price when they do some out for the switch if I want portable. What I was really happy about was I finally had a reason to use my Wii U pro controller and actually turn the console on in over a year.

If Nintendo had done things differently this would have been a no brainer for me to buy. Not everybody had a Wii U though. So I can see their point too. But I'm glad you like it!

Now if they put rocket league on it? Weren't charging double the cost for indie games I can get on any other portable platform for half? And had a virtual console that tracked my previous purchases so I could just download them and play? (Christ, even Microsoft does this) and that was live? Id already have one.

you dumb loving idiot

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I have utnayan blocked and I recommend you do the same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys are responding to Utnayan lmbo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dizz posted:

I am a nintendo switch owner and there are many tiny flaws

The Nintendo Switch is flawless.

Look deep within yourself, it may be you who is flawed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
"Ok there's the finish line gotta cross it and I'll have a gold trophy on this 200cc cup!"
*blue shel hits*
*red shell hits*

...and I get a silver trophy for the cup because the CPU's designated winner (who always took 2nd when I took 1st) took 1st and beat be by a couple points. :shepicide:

Still got a long ways to go unlocking stuff but Link can really tear up complex courses on a bike, unlike earlier when I had him on the ATV with monster truck tires giving him a ton of traction and not-existent handling. That was certainly fun at 200cc on the Yoshi track.

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I usually don't get angry but my god that felt like being cheated for real

It's nothing compared to Mario Kart Wii. Nothing. That game didn't even try to hide the fact that it was you vs a team of AI who would chain stomp you repeatedly with items even on 50/100cc races, let alone 150cc.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah, there needs to be something to alleviate rain other than waiting when you can't find a protected camp site.

Carry firewood and flint or a flaming weapon/arrows to make a camp? Aside from the severe storms you should be able to setup something in a lot of places. I don't have the full climbing set but ideally the set bonus would ignore rain, or make you climb so fast it doesn't matter.

Takoluka posted:

4K isn't actually 4k anything, but consumers just eat up words that are easy to digest.

It's 4x the resolution of 1080p. :eng101:
(and almost 4k pixels across since it's 3840x2160)

It is, but the focus is on cars and general storage and not hybrid gaming consoles.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

The switch is like 70% battery inside

Yeah batteries are not improving at an exponential rate like the rest of computing hardware. It's definitely holding back mobile devices. Any phone or tablet you buy is gonna have most of its weight and volume dedicated to a big fuckin battery. And it's a fundamental technical problem affecting every tech company. Apple's latest Macbooks have such poo poo battery life because the new battery they planned to ship with it wasn't ready in time. We're all waiting for a breakthrough here.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Shine Thief is great fun! It is my favourite battle mode.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Some people are just miserable and feel the need to inflict that on others.

It's weird too because I'm super miserable in everyday life and nitpick the gently caress out of things and even I'm not this whiny of a person

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

acksplode posted:

Yeah batteries are not improving at an exponential rate like the rest of computing hardware. It's definitely holding back mobile devices. Any phone or tablet you buy is gonna have most of its weight and volume dedicated to a big fuckin battery. And it's a fundamental technical problem affecting every tech company. Apple's latest Macbooks have such poo poo battery life because the new battery they planned to ship with it wasn't ready in time. We're all waiting for a breakthrough here.

Agreed. Thankfully, the breakthrough is right around the corner.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/130380-future-batteries-coming-soon-charge-in-seconds-last-months-and-power-over-the-air

I am placing my bets on Lithium Oxygen. But they still say 5-10 years away :suicide:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stop responding to Utnayan and come loving foightrace me in Mario Kart

Go to Online
Tournament
Search using a code
1971-2364-4971

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Played MarioKart with my roommate who doesn't play games all that much.

He loved it.

The Switch is good everybody.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Guys I know you don't care, but I really, really want my Switch back to play Mario Kart with goons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meridian posted:

Guys I know you don't care, but I really, really want my Switch back to play Mario Kart with goons.

i care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spectre of Torment is pretty drat good.

• Locked thread